Berlinerweiss - Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe

Berlinerweiss
No picture uploaded.

Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe visit their website

Berliner Weissbier |  2.90% ABV

This German wheat beer is very pale with a white foamy head, light body & low bitterness, an intense sparkle and fruity acidity. It’s light body and flavour makes it a great thirst quenching beer.

(Beer added by: vancurly on 08-08-2006)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

laituegonflable

3.5/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Pours a pale straw colour with steady carbonation. Head is good when poured, and retains remarkably well for the style. About half a finger left. Fast but sparse carbonation throughout the brew, great Berliner Weisse look.

Nice sour nose, very champagney indeed. Lots of fruit with white grape skins and wild cherry notes, plum and blackberry as well. All very tart and fairly light. Fresh and pleasant

Taste is not as sour as i'd expected, reasonable tartness, but really doean't pucker the way the nose made me expect. Fair champagney character on the front witb hints of lemon juice and a slight washed cheese rind note. Middle is crisp and quite refreshing with some grape character and mild peppery spice from the yeast. Overall a bit simple, a light and drinkable sour beer. With this little complexity, ideally it would be mouth-tearingly sour, though, which it isn't.

A bit of puckering on the front is the most impactive part of this beer. Finish is not very dry at all. Not bad, but could have done far more violently erotic things to my mouth and I wouldn't be complaining.

Actually quite drinkable which makes me feel it's not a great berliner weisse. I asked the bartender if they ever serve this one with blackcurrant syrup and he looked at me as if I was barking mad. I hastened to point out that I didn't WANT it with syrup, just curious. And for that reason alone I feel this is probably toned down a bit to make it drinkable. While I'm not an expert on this style by a long shot I would say that while this is pleasant I feel it's probably lacking some classic stylistic characteristics.

08-24-2010 04:37:25 | More by laituegonflable
brendan13

3.83/5  rDev +4.6%

The sample I had was called "Berry Weisse" but I assume it's the same as what's listed here. Same ABV%.
A - Served in a champagne flute. Fairly bright pink with a thin whisp of white head.
S - A berry aroma dominates - which I guess is the point. Raspberry and Cranberry.
T - Very much like the smell, wheaty tartness.
M - Light bodied, high carbonation, quite tart.
D - Another interesting beer from Red Oak, haven't seen any Berliner Weisse in Australia before let alone one actually brewed here. Don't know if it's something I'd drink all that often.
Well worth a try though.

01-23-2008 11:17:05 | More by brendan13
Berlinerweiss from Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.