Follow our progress ...

Melbourn Bros. Apricot | Melbourn Bros.

YOUR RATING = None |

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2001

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
Reviews: 79 | Ratings: 88
3.3/5  rDev -12.2%

I had this at the Winking Lizard Tavern in Fairlawn, Ohio.

This is a very good desert beer. but it is just too one noted to be considered anything special.

Apricot and apples dominate the nose and the palate. A friend of mine tried to drink this with chicken wings and couldn't finish it. Be careful what you pair it with.

4.7/5  rDev +25%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Part of me is sad to fawn over such a sweet brew. But I must say, I'm a sucker for the cloyingly sweet Melbourn Bros. beers. Dead on apricot flavors, never over the top, but right to the edge. Pricey at $5 a bottle but I have to admit they are worth it. Have a friend who loves cider but dismisses beer, give them this beer.

4.72/5  rDev +25.5%

The first experience of this beer was the overwelming smell of apricot when pouring the beer. The color of the foam was light wheat with a small hint of orange. During the pouring into my mouth, there was a distinct and potent smell of dried apricots - beauty! There was more taste of apricots than hops. It felt like I was drinking pure apricots. Mouthfeel - light, smooth and excellent.

4.47/5  rDev +18.9%

After pouring Melbourn Bros. Apricot I immediately started out to determine if this was beer with apricot or apricot beer. Even after finishing off the bottle I'm not sure, but it was so good that I no longer care.

The beer's golden color, great smell, and great taste were all a welcome surprise (after having a few so-so fruity beers of late). The amount of apricot was the perfect balance between a hint of apricot and a lot of apricot.

This is now my favorite fruity beer just slightly behind Lindemans Framboise.

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
Melbourn Bros. Apricot from Melbourn Bros.