India Pale Ale - San Pedro Brewing Company

India Pale Ale
No picture uploaded.

San Pedro Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: TheLongBeachBum on 12-30-2005)
3.35/5  rDev -1.5%

This is their seasonal I.p.a. , I was told they only brew about 7 kegs worth every year. It's actually listed as a I.p.a./barleywine on their chalkboard ( whatever that means). I think its closer to a double I.p.a. than anything.
Pours a dark hazy brown color with a thick tan head. Very malty aromas for a I.p.a. the taste is nicely balanced not quite as hoppy as I would have liked though. Medium bodied and very drinkable, especially at 11%, the alcohol is barely dectectable. Overall pretty good beer, definitely my favorite out of their lineup.

tang3nt, Mar 20, 2010
3.45/5  rDev +1.5%

Presentation: Sampled on draft at the San Pedro Brewing Company. Listed simply as ‘India Pale Ale’ on the Blackboard.

No description listed on the Menu or Website.

Appearance: Murky orangey-yellow marmalade with a hazed body. Off-white head soon settled to 1/8” thick. Middling conditioning.

Nose: Deeply inhaled it has a bitter hop nose, average strength but no oily senses here.

Taste: As the nose indicates, the tastes lean towards the bitter end of the spectrum. Pilsner malt start, sounds strange but that’s what it reminded me of, the bitterness come in the middle and the dry bitter-sweet finish is pleasing. Never gets out of hand and thus remains a very palatable IPA.

Mouthfeel: Medium body with a lasting bitter feel in the middle. Finishes a little thinner than it starts.

Drinkability: Went well with the Cobb Salad I had, a good Session IPA that won’t scorch your palate or affect any of the other brews that you may have later in the night. Sink a few of these with little worry.

Overall: Not a big IPA, not even a typical SoCal version, but this is a very nice easy drinking one nonetheless and I really enjoyed it.

TheLongBeachBum, Dec 31, 2005
India Pale Ale from San Pedro Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.