Tiger Town Beer - Big Easy Brewing Company

Tiger Town BeerTiger Town Beer

Big Easy Brewing Company
Louisiana, United States

Light Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-12-2005)
View: Beers (0) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by utah44:
utah44

Louisiana

1.45/5  rDev -8.2%

It appears this "Championship Brew" has changed somewhat since the previous reviews (all but one were pre-Katrina). Poured into a pint glass with a miniscule head and little carbonation. Mouthfeel was watery. Aroma was non-distinct. Taste was harsh with little or no malt or hop evidence. I could not drink a second bottle and could not recommend it. As one reviewer stated, this beer is brewed on contract by Heiner Brau. The bottle states that it is brewed for The New Orleans Beer Company rather than the Big Easy Brewing Company. I guess they changed their name to match their other brew.

07-25-2009 01:03:29 | More by utah44
acrawf6

Louisiana

2.73/5  rDev +72.8%

Yet another beer heiner brau picked up to brew since Katrina (Big Easy is one of the other ones). Big easy is a new recipe, but i am thinking this one is the same. I'll research it.

Pours out a light golden with a decent sized white head that drops to a big ring around the sides. Bottle still contains sediment.

Smell. Lightly tart and slightly grainy with a small sweetness to it. A very neutral aroma.

Taste. Has a tartness, little bit lemony. malts are in moderation, and hops give it just a slight bitterness. I keep getting more lemons the more i taste. Aftertaste dries and gives an oaty health cake taste, or unspiced oatmeal.

Mouthfeel. Decent. carbonation is ok, not a lot but still fills the mouth. I think it fills the mouth nicely for the style.

Overall. I can drink this and be ok, but i wouldnt want to have this always in my fridge. It has a refreshing characteristic to it, but is quite simple and i think is a bit too tart.

08-21-2006 23:27:21 | More by acrawf6
ppoitras

1.27/5  rDev -19.6%

12oz bottle from BigLove as part of The Blue & Gray BIF. Thanks for the opportunity.

Poured into an imperial pint glass, foam, foam, foam. Four inches of white head over an inch of pale yellow brew. Not terribly hopeful here, but we'll give it a chance. Have to wait quite awhile for the initial head to subside so I can get the rest in the glass. Quite nice lacing formed while that big head subsides, I have to admit.

Aroma is somewhat sour, citric seeming, and that's about it. Taste is horrendous, just citric sour power. Almost reminds of what I heard about Hoppin Gator citrus beer back in the day. Mouthfeel and drinkability are both abysmal as well, with the citrus killing the first, and the second's chances erased with over-carbonation in the mouth, even with that huge head initially.

I am happy to note that Big Love has done me well with many other brews, and this is not representative of his offerings as a whole. :-)

06-18-2005 21:46:05 | More by ppoitras
rowew

Colorado

1.35/5  rDev -14.6%

Presentation: 12 oz longneck bottle with a tiger striped label. Described as a light golden lager - "Championship Brew."

Appearance: Well, it looks like this may be a consistent problem with Big Easy's beers - this one took several attempts to pour as well. Instantly foamed up (and almost out) of the glass when I tried to pour it. Otherwise clear golden with lots of bubbles, and a frothy head.

Smell: Slightly off smell of over ripe vegetables, with some sourness in there as well.

Taste: This is the first time I have ever tasted bleu cheese in a beer, and to be honest I didn't enjoy it. Something has gone sour and funky in this beer - but I'm not sure if it was intentional. Looking at BigLove's review it appears this is a fairly fresh sample, so they might have some problems.

Overall impression: Thanks to BigLove for the chance to try a LA beer I wouldn't get the chance at otherwise. I have to admit I was a bit turned off when I checked out the beers website and it made absolutely no mention of the beer itself. The beer itself was definitely off - and that appears to be the consensus with the other two reviews.

05-04-2005 23:41:41 | More by rowew
Gagnonsux

1.1/5  rDev -30.4%

This is listed on the label as a "golden lager", but the beer has sediment on the bottom. Am I wrong in thinking that a lager with sediment is just plain wrong. Anyway the color is medium yellow. Head is overly large and takes up too much of my mug. The aroma is of some weird off smell, I don't know quite what to make of it. Very rotten and pungent. Taste is so awful that I dry-heaved. Taste is some combination of rotten cheese, rotten citrus, and moldy cardboard. This is my worst beer since joining BA.

Notes: Normally I'd think a beer this bad has sat too long, however TigerTown is fairly new. Think long and hard before buying this.

04-22-2005 02:54:07 | More by Gagnonsux
Tiger Town Beer from Big Easy Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.