Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Reindeer Fuel Chocolate Porter - Olde Main Brewing Co. & Restaurant

Reindeer Fuel Chocolate PorterReindeer Fuel Chocolate Porter

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Olde Main Brewing Co. & Restaurant visit their website
Iowa, United States

American Porter |  ABV ?

Beer added by: mithrascruor on 12-17-2006

One word: Chocoliciousness. Brewed with a healthy dose of chocolate malt, this ale is rich and smooth. Copious amounts of semi-sweet Bavarian chocolate are then tempered and added to this brew, infusing it with and even more intense chocolate aroma and flavor – perfect for dessert! (or breakfast, or lunch, or a snack…).
4.84/5  rDev +15.8%

This was definitely the best chocolate beer I have every had. It like drinking liquid chocolate with a hint of alcohol. I hope they make it again. I know a while back they did a survey to decide which other beer to bottle. If I remember correctly, this one came in second place.

4.22/5  rDev +1%

Served on-tap in a pint glass.

Extremely dark beer with a nice tan head. At some point in the brewing process the brewer adds something like 40 lbs. of chocolate (I forget the exact details of what he's told me). Has a wonderful aroma of chocolate (somewhere between milk and dark) against a malty background. The taste is somewhat reversed: a solid roasted-malt porter with nice chocolate tones following. Medium-bodied and quite smooth. I, for one, absolutely detest dark chocolate and can only stand a moderate amount of chocolate as a whole. Yet this beer manages to keep me engaged and not overwhelmed. Interestingly, some friends who love chocolate and generally dislike beer have enjoyed this one.

I feel strange giving this such a high review, but it's honestly a really nice beer. At a store I probably wouldn't buy a chocolate beer of any type, but I certainly will at Olde Main when it's available (...or take one of their generous samplers!).

Reindeer Fuel Chocolate Porter from Olde Main Brewing Co. & Restaurant
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.