Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Voodoo Dog - Silver Moon Brewing

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.75/5  rDev +9.3%

3.58/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pint served while waiting for growler fill at "b2 Taphouse" in Salem OR $4. Nice clear darker amber.almost brown coloured beer with a nice frothy off white head..disappears into a succulent lace fast. Aroma some floral hop but mostly toffee dark malts nice. Good malt forward amber..darker toffee,treacle amber with a good hoppy punch in the end. Mouth feel was very nice smooth and medium carbonation..very drinkable stuff.

3.54/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.88/5  rDev +13.1%

3.75/5  rDev +9.3%

3.22/5  rDev -6.1%

Served: In a pint glass out of a 22oz. bomber. A: Very dark, dark red. They call it "blood red" on the bottle but it's so dark that it looks almost brown. Translucent, looks cool. Head is white but barely there, lacing sticks around. S: Nice, definitely a good nose, not too distinguished, just some nice hops to compliment the malt. T: Biscuit-y. Malty with light hops, almost like what I think Fat Tire should taste like. Punchy aftertaste but not too bitter. M: Personally, I was disappointed. It feels too thin and watery for a beer this dark and tasty, and lacks carbonation. If this ale had a boisterous head on it I think it would be a bit more fun to sip, but as it is the pour is insipid, and when I poured it out and watched the head disappear in under ten seconds I thought to myself: "Is that it?" Now I know how my girlfriend feels sometimes.... O: This is a good beer, but it lacks a special something. I got this 22 as a treat because I can't always afford to try new beers, but now I want another, because this was the beer equivalent of masturbation: very appealing and enticing and good for making me want more, but unsatisfying on its own. It's a session ale and now I realize that what I was really after tonight was a big imperial IPA.

3.5/5  rDev +2%

Voodoo Dog from Silver Moon Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.