Oak Aged 12th Anniversary Porter - Middle Ages Brewing Co., Ltd.

Oak Aged 12th Anniversary Porter

English Porter |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: aerozeppl on 09-26-2009

4.35/5  rDev n/a

It continues...

A: Really nice looking beer. Dark but not quite black with almost no light getting through. Perfect looking cask head. Nice tight bubbles with excellent lacing.

S: The first thing I got was scotch. Then I got hints of oak followed by chocolate and a touch of roasted malt. Really pleasant nose.

T: The chocolate came through more in the taste than in the nose. The oak comes through very nicely. The porter is certainly in order as well. A nice mix of chocolate and roast. The oak aging balances everything out so well that nothing really stands out above anything else.

D: Middle ages knows how to make cask ales. The mouthfeel is always nothing short of perfection.

D: I had an imperial pint and I wanted more. I should not have given the ABV and style. Instead I had an unearthly to mix things up. The oak aged middle ages offerings on cask (as they almost always are) are nothing short of amazing every time. When do we get oak aged Druid Fluid?

Oak Aged 12th Anniversary Porter from Middle Ages Brewing Co., Ltd.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.