Riverside Red - Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2 | Display Reviews Only:
4.22/5 rDev +4.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5
Buddy filled up a growler of this at their Bend lodge... and dropped it off to my home here in Gresham... what a guy!
- Dark and clear red ruby brew with a big fluffy white head down to a nice thick ring and slew..
- Light sweetness... caramel... little touch of an off growler smell which I am sure will go away on the second glass... citrusy and bitter zesty hops...
- Zesty pine and citrus hops... perfectly sweetened malting.. fresh, sweet... zesty... balanced... nice balanced red.. really good.
- Medium bodied.. slightly chewy and drying... as a red should be. Perfect carbonation... really perfect. Even two days later in a growler.
- Overall another solid brew from Cascade Lakes. Every standard beer I have had from them has been nothing less than fantastic and solid.. and for a favorite style, this red really hits the high marks. One of my favorite brewers.
Serving type: growler
06-28-2010 21:09:08 | More by Docer
3.85/5 rDev -4.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
Had this ontap at their Lodge in Bend.
Pours a reddish copper with hardly any head.
Lots of hops in the nose. Spicy and bitter grapefruity citrus. Very IPA-ish.
The hops are a bit muted in the taste. It seems they did some dryhopping that just left a ton of aroma with a fairly weak hop presense in the taste. Big malt profile from Cara-pils, crystal and pale malts.
Decent medium to full mouthfeel with a good balance. Perhaps a bit undercarbonated.
Enjoyed this one outside yesterday on their back patio. Really nice weather for once! Overall a really good drinkable beer, one of my favorites they offer.
Serving type: on-tap
04-28-2008 14:35:12 | More by SurlyDuff
Riverside Red from Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.