Soleil IPA - Big River Grille & Brewing Works

No picture uploaded.

Big River Grille & Brewing Works visit their website
Florida, United States

American IPA |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: DavoleBomb on 06-01-2011)
Reviews by DavoleBomb:
4.25/5  rDev -3.2%

Review from notes from my trip to Florida.

#5 of the night. Final beer and also the best. Poured into a pint glass.

4.0 A: Hazed amber color. Not sure about the head as it didn't come with one, but there was a good amount of lacing.

4.5 S: Nice crystal backbone with a wonderfully hoppy aroma. Sugary with floral and citrus notes. Otherwise very clean.

4.0 T: Crystal maltiness again. Sugary and citrus hop flavor. Pretty damn good. Clean.

4.5 M: Medium body. Good moderate carbonation. Good creaminess and super smooth.

4.5 D: I saved the best for last. This is a pretty good beer. Solid all around.

DavoleBomb, Jun 01, 2011

Gmann, Jul 28, 2013
4.85/5  rDev +10.5%

Had the opportunity to taste all of the fresh draft and cask beer available during a recent trip to the Disney Boardwalk.

This was an excellent American Pale Ale. This was Brewer Kent's Soleil IPA (French for Sun) and is part of the Brewer's Select Series.
7.3 ABV
officially 60 IBUs (seems higher to me)
15.8 OG

Could float a quarter on my first pints head.
Beautiful orange-amber color, no haze
Hoppy Citrus flavors dominate
Clean dry finish

brewstraveler, Jul 04, 2011
4.47/5  rDev +1.8%

My wife and I stopped at this place on the last night of our Orlando visit. Immediately, our server started talking smack about how this brew has an A+ here on BA. I shrugged, played the role of the impartial observer, and laughed at his comment on the inside. However... I wasn't laughing for long.

A: Pretty clear, golden color, with a slight reddish tint that let me know that I was drinking an IPA and not a pilsener. The head was slight, white, and dangerous.

S: I call bullshit on the 60 IBU thing. I'll bet this is the hoppiest IPA in the state of Florida! West Coast style citrus sizzle, with a good bit of malt and orange peel to balance that out.

T: Tongue bruiser... at least compared to the other Florida IPAs I tried while on vacation. Strong grapefruit, orange, and lemon, along with lots of hops. I'm guessing Citra and/or Amarillo... but I could be wrong.

M: Bitter, but in an Alpine Brewing Co. pleasant kind of way. A bit of fruit lingering, but after all, this is Florida! Moderate to intense lacing.

O: Believe the hype! This was the biggest surprise of our Orlando vacation. I WILL be drinking this again.

Chaney, Jul 16, 2011
Soleil IPA from Big River Grille & Brewing Works
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.