Milwaukee's Best Premium - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best PremiumMilwaukee's Best Premium

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-18-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Premium Alström Bros

Another Fraternity staple. Smells of alcohol and grains, without any character. Very light, slight sweetness, but gets very dry and bitter. High on the carbonation as well. The bite and general bitterness make this one of the tougher swillers. Still, it's price will keep it alive on the party scene for good, I'm sure. Just don't drink it willingly.

Looks like a mix of Mountain Dew and urine. Smells sweet, like very cheap white zinfandel. Bubbly in the mouth. Tastes skunky even though it's not skunked. Hard enough to drink one. I tastes much better when mixed with Captain Morgan's and served over ice.

The Beast. This is probably one of the worst beers out there. Like many others I'm sure, I first had this in College and honestly, had trouble drinking it then. Yellow color, not much head. Malty, corn, rice taste which is watery and semi-syrupy offensive. But hey, at least it's cheap.

Had a can of this at the 2003 Elite 8 Beer Tournament.

Appearance: Yellow with white head that dissipated quickly. Lots of bubbles indicate the presence of a lot of carbonation.

Smell: Abosultely horrendous. Smelled like cheap white wine.

Taste: Worse. Tastes like stale cheap white wine.

Mouthfeel: Lots of carbonation.

Drinkability: No.

Comments: This was so bad that my body immediately and involuntarily rejected it and I ended up spitting it out on the table in front of me. The absolute worst beer I have ever had in my entire life.

However, as the party progressed, we got really stoopid drunk and decided to create a drink called "Captain and the Beast", which I "enjoyed" along with dwarbi and stegmakk.

Recipe for "Captain and the Beast":
Mix Milwaukee's Best and Captain Morgan's over ice. Serve in tall glass, preferably boot-shaped. Enjoy.

This brew is almost worse in cans than it is in bottles, and that is truly an accomplishment. This brew pours a foul coloured clearish-yellow liquid with a tiny white head on top. This smells horribly of rice, corn, and other adjuncts (god knows what they put into this stuff!), with some malts, and hops in there somewhere(over the rainbow). This tastes like it smells, which is not a good thing in this case! This has a light and watery mouthfeel to it as well. All of this leads to this beers horrible drinkability factor. This is horrible stuff!
Avoid this at all costs!

AWFUL. This 'beer' just smells from moldly boiled rice and distilled alcohol. Pale yellowish color, no head no lacing. Makes me wonder why I am drinking this, and who would buy this. The flavor is mostly of the bitter moldy rice. AVOID!!! unless your aying beer pong

There is not a lot to say about this beer that is good, not for me anyway.

The beer is a very very light gold colour that is reminiscent of American lagers.

There is no discernable smell to speak of nor is there any discernable taste.

The mouthfeel is very watery with few hints of any carbonation. Overall this is not a beer that I would try again, nor is it a beer that I would recommend to others.

This beer led to my worst beer experience ever. I was given this at a bar in Memphis Tennessee. It was clear enough that I could read the newspaper through the full glass. No aroma to speak of, and very little flavour. I asked the waitress what it was. She replied, It's 'Milwaukee's Best'. I replied that if that was Milwaukee's best, I would hate to taste their worst. I was promptly asked to leave the bar.

Appearance: Looks like piss. It even has the same color as corn.
Smell: Brutally pungent and musty.
Taste: Oh god, this is hands down the worst beer ever. I'm glad I grew out of this phase. Totally disgusting.
Mouthfeel: How would you like for someone to piss in your mouth?
Drinkability: If one beer makes me queezy I've either got the stomach flu or a Beast in my hand.

1.06/5  rDev -48%

Ah the beast. By far one of the most sub par beers of this style. But hey, if you want a nice yellow beer to warm up to, give it a try.

Aroma is of mild grainy malt and bitter hops. Not in a good way.

Taste is very grainy with a little malt syrup in the mix.

The feel is way to light and has way too much carbonation. Hard to drink. I would rather have a water.

1.08/5  rDev -47.1%

Appearance - Typical macro lager. Pale yellow color, fizzy white head.

Smell - Corn, and an unpleasant metallic smell. No hops or malt detectble.

Taste - same as the smell.

Mouthfeel - Thin and watery.

Drinkability - Drainpour. Thankfully it was free.

1.1/5  rDev -46.1%

Possibly one of the worst beers ever invented alongside its counterparts old milwaukee, & Milwaukee's best Ice it has the same textures as any regular malt liquor. the smell is faint. when it goes down even when its cold it has a very watery but thick taste. its not a very pleasant experience. it is a very foamy one it when it is poured in a glass. i will admit it is a challenge to any beer drinker, specially ones who are in to more higher end lagers ales.

1.12/5  rDev -45.1%

The Beast was the first Beer I ever had. My friend and I were temporarily living in the ghetto with an alcoholic guy who charged us $100 rent, and blew all our cash on beer (at the expense of electricity). Seeing as this was back in 1999 and I haven't had a Beast since, I can't remember much about it, except that it was horrid and smell, taste, mouthfeel, and drinkability are definately a 1 out of 5. (Trust me, that I do remember.) I remember it smelling like some sort of chemical like gasoline when I cracked it open, and as I was a naive kid with my first brew I figured that's what all beer must smell like. I remember forcing it down, trying to hide the disgust on my face, so everyone would think I was "cool," unknowing that if my alcoholic roommate would merely upgrade to Icehouse or Budweiser I could actually enjoy myself and not have to hide how repulsed I was.

A few days later I talked him into buying us some Budweiser, and I thought it was the best beer in the world. I guess compared to the beast, Bud isn't all that bad.

1.13/5  rDev -44.6%

Can, given to me at a social gathering of sorts.

Looks like someone pissed into the can, carbonated it to death, liquified a corn cob, and then diluted it with water.

The taste was so bad that i spit it out after my first sip. I tried to drink more of it, and eventually dumped it. It tasted like afterbirth.

Never again.

1.16/5  rDev -43.1%

God my friends and I use to drink this stuff all the time. For $12.00 a 30 pack I guess you can’t go wrong. When this stuff is poured out it is a nice yellowish color to it, it has no aroma at all and as for the taste, it tastes like an aluminum can. The Hops in this beer you don’t even no exist, it is defiantly a cheap beer with no flavor or character at all. As for why they call it the beast, I guess it comes from two things first the horrible taste and the nice hangover you get after drinking this beer.

1.18/5  rDev -42.2%

A - Pale gold and perfectly clear brew that is slightly less dull than other macro lagers, but otherwise pretty much par for the course. A small cap of white foam dissipates within a minute, leaving a thin collar and a small spattering of lace.

S - Light corn notes....corn tortilla chips. This is pretty much as scentless as a beer can be. It doesn't smell bad, it just doesn't smell at all.

T - Tangy rotten orange juice with an odd metallic flavor with lots of cooked corn and vegetable flavors. Their marketing slogan is "best tasting beer in America." Really? According to who?

M - It's super-carbonated and raspy in my throat like soda. Offensively over-carbonated.

D - I didn't actually mean to buy this beer. I thought that it was Old Milwaukee...which IMO is actually a pretty good beer for the rock-bottom price, and picked up a 12-pack. There are several cheapo beers that are decent PBR, Old Milwaukee, Stag, and Icehouse. This, however is nasty, so if you have to go the cheapo route, avoid this nasty sour rot-gut metallic beast at all costs.

1.18/5  rDev -42.2%

Pisswater all over the place. The smell, the taste, the looks, the mouthfeel all deserve more or less the same remarks to point them out: monumental crap. Much like movies like pirates of the caribbean, this beer is no fun at all, has a funky false story to it in terms of taste and makes you laugh at times. I pity the fool who prides himself on drinking this.

1.24/5  rDev -39.2%

32oz can poured into a Harpoon IPA kolsh-style pint glass. Bottom of can stamped OCT1711.

Appearance - Large foamy white head with medium-low retention. Clear, very light gold body.

Smell - Corn. Wood. Earth. Pretty musky.

Taste - Alcoholic and corny front end. Very musky corny finish. Lingering, musky aftertaste.

Mouthfeel - No crispness, bite, or effervescence on the tongue whatsoever. Feels like drinking water. It's as if all the carbonation went directly to the head.

Overall Drinkability - This beer is a catastrophe. One of the worst beers I've ever had. I will never buy this again.

1.25/5  rDev -38.7%

I picked up a 30 pack at the local grocery store for a night of beer pong. The watery taste and lack of high alcohol was perfect for the collegiate sporting event. I recommend Milwaukee's Best to anyone with beer pong on your calendar.

Yet, I will never buy this again.

1.26/5  rDev -38.2%

Beast. What else can I say. We've all been here, unfortunately. Yellow / gold in color with a ring of bubbles on top, this didn't start out too strongly. Maybe I was a bit biased, though. I already knew what I was getting myself into. It had a funky, kinda salty smell, with a thin graininess. The beer had a very thin body from a complete lack of malt sweetness. Only corn sweetness was present. Grainy, salty, and metallic in taste, I must admit I knew it was coming. At least it wasn't super-carbonated like some of the other American premium lagers.

1.28/5  rDev -37.3%

Alright welcom to college, this beer packs a pale yellow golden tone with a white vibrant tone thin fizzy and fastly disipating. Aromatics is thin mild not too astringent but packed chalk full of cooked veggies adjuncts. Slightly sweet carbonated water no real flavor this beer is such a mass produced swill beer, I haven't drank it since high school keg parties wow I haven't missed a thing. Flavor has no hops to be detected cheap and drinkable in quantity thin as water in texture and taste never buy it if you really want beer.

1.28/5  rDev -37.3%

Canned (how appropriate): Most bad beers I try to think of something interesting or witty to make the experience worthwhile. However this beer is so worthless it is not worth the effort. Straw color with tiny bubbles and a thin white head. No lacing. Musty weak hops aroma. Thin-bodied and anemic with barely any flavor, and what is there is not pleasant. You shouldn’t even be able to make something this low quality with malt, hops and water. The fact that there is an aftertaste is distressing because it is not an appealing experience. Never again.

1.3/5  rDev -36.3%

If this is Milwaukee's Best, i would hate to see the worst! If you like water, then this is the beer for you. I like PBR and that is from the same town, and it is way better, so is Olympia. Try those if you want a cheap beer that is good.

1.31/5  rDev -35.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

Tastes horrible smells horrible looks horrible about the only good thing this beer has going for it is its light mouthfeel and very sessionable but there are much better beers out there if u just plan on getting your buzz on! Would not recommend this beer to anyone!

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

One night I had been drinking quite a bit but had run out of beer. I was in no condition to drive, but still had several hours in the night left to drink. So I walked down to the corner store and picked up a twelve pack o Milwuakee's Best for only six or seven dollars. I had never had the beast before and figured that night was as good a time as any to try it. I drank two cans before I crashed for the night and didn't think it tasted too bad. In the days to come, however; I came to find out otherwise. I never quite got through that twelve pack, ended up throwing at least three of the cans into the trash. Complete waste of six or seven dollars.

This beer has earned the name The Beast.

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

A rancid work of the devil. This pours a very clear straw color with a airy as hell head that leaves you quickly. Smells like metal and chemical ass. The taste is hoppy but not good hoppy. Nasty carbonated iron hoppy. Aftertaste of acid. Milwaukee's best ice is the way to go. It is just as cheap, gets you drunk a little faster and tastes allright. Why do they make this? It is so painful. Not drinkable in any situation.

Milwaukee's Best Premium from Miller Brewing Co.