Icehouse - Miller Brewing Co.

IcehouseIcehouse

awful

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-19-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Icehouse Alström Bros
Reviews: 341 | Hads: 1,137

This beer is just terrible. First off I got it skunked and the fact that it is so cheap should set off some lights. Anyways I was dared to drink one for ten dollars and god for bid after i drank this shitty beer the ten dollars wasn't worth it. The color looked worse then piss, well actually at first I thought it was piss. Well not really but this beer was just utterly disgusting looking. It was all down hill from there. Yes I got my ten dollars but in retrospect it wasn't worth it. Beware of shitty beer. (510 characters)

I can honestly say out of drinking probably a thousand different beers this beer gets an award for being in the top ten worst beers I have ever drank! Yuk! A weird grainy malty taste and nothing else! I am hardcore. So when I say a beer is nasty I guarantee you it is! Hopefully in the future the beer industry will create a beer that is high in alcohol, tastes good, low priced, and low in the deadly congeners that are causing health problems in the U.S. and abroad. Beware! (476 characters)

appearance: pale, putrid, yellow piss water. it looks like you should have chosen a glass of water instead of this stuff
1/5

smell: Remarkably it smells worse than it looks, with that terrible "cheap beer smell" that is quite hard to describe.
1/5

taste: Can I give it a 0? its aweful. they obviously did not brew this beer for taste, as "below freezing" has not given it any
1/5

mouthfeel: yea, nothing to see here folks. move along

overall: the WORST....worst...WORST beer I have ever had. this is the most sorry excuse for a beer I have ever seen since Budweiser tried to mix up clam juice, tomato's, and bud light into an atricous canned cocktail
at least that dreck had the defense of being a gimicky, bad idea

this whole beer is a bad idea, made simply to market to lowest common denominator for the cheapest price with the highest alcohol content

If you have any dignity at all, Avoid it at all costs.
Their is so much better ways to get drunk (957 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -57.1%

Pousrs clear yellow with a thick soapy head that fades quickly. This beer, is very grainy, corny and cheap. Corn all the way through the nose, and into the taste.. Cheap grain, cheap malts, decent carbination. Its just a very cheap tasting beer. Its only purpose is getting drunk. (280 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -55.8%

I have never forgiven Miller for inflicting this beer upon me throughout college. Bright gold pour, oily, with a white head. Chemical sweet mix of corn, nail polish remover, and sweetener. Taste is a disaster of corny, metallic pee with some sugar mixed in to "ice" it. The only thing worse than drinking it is the hangover. WORST. BEER. EVER. (343 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -55.8%

Absolutely the worst beer in my opinion. Very rough taste and bitter after taste persistently exist after every swallow. Color seems non existent. Can not hold flavor from the second the cap is cracked. No refreshing qualities in my opinion about this beer. (257 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -55%

This is another one of those beers that will hurt your feelings. Tastes like ass and gives you the worst hangover a mortal man can imagine. It is cheap, but that's about all it has going for it. I can't say I have one good reason to drink this swill. (250 characters)

1.11/5  rDev -53.8%

Reviewed from notes.

Pale yellow color with a small white head with poor retention and no lacing. Smells like cooked grain and corn. Not much going on with the aroma.

Tastes like watery cooked grain and corn. A little bit of skunk, and a bit of a metallic taste.

Thin and watery mouthfeel, too much carbonation, harsh to drink. A terrible beer, and a drain pour. (367 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -53.3%

so I tried the can version of this btich. you know what? it was exactly the same. well, it didn't smell like I was actively haivng my face farted on, but it was close enough. the qualities are the same as my bottle review, so go there for the few details I give. (262 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -52.1%

Icehouse
Deuce-Deuce
Recent browing, resided in 11/06
Medium pour in a pint glass.

Poured a slightly pale yellow with a fizzy mostly diminishing white head.

Smelt of faint grain.

Taste was upfront sweet drainage water with maybe hints of grain flavoring followed by an execrable harsh bitter fat man's bat tub water taste. Mouthfeel was light bodied, watery-ish, fizzy and strongly astringent on the finish.

Overall, I never actually tasted this beer until today. I've drank it a few times and thought it was ok, but never *tasted* it. Don't taste it. Just enjoy the buzz. (588 characters)

1.16/5  rDev -51.7%

From mental notes.

Poured this into a big jar to have a look-see.

A: Looks like most Macros.

S: It smells like metal and stale grains. Not nice.

T: I hadn't had one of these for probably ten years. I remember thinking that this was a good new brew when I saw the commercials as a teenager. It tastes like metal and grains that have gotten old and someone added sugar to it.. Funky malts

M: subpar.

D: I had two.. I mean i had to.. i mean i'm had too (455 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -49.2%

This is still made? I remember this was one of the first "Ice" beers to be heavily advertised years ago so maybe they got market share early and kept it.

It tastes like skunky beer. It also has one of the lowest ABV% for an ice beer so getting drunk even takes more painful tasting than other ice beers. (305 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -47.5%

Poured into a pils glass from a 24 oz. can.

2.0 A: Clear light yellow color. Mega-carbonated as the first pour gave me about 40% head. Fortunately retention is poor. Pillowy white head.

1.0 S: This is the closest to smelling like nothing that I've ever experienced in a beer. Smells like water I guess.

1.5 T: Just the slighest bit of neutral maltiness. Underwhelming even for the style.

1.0 M: Despite the giant head, there isn't a lot of carbonation in this. I guess the carbonation was just trying to get as far away from this beer as possible. Water body. No creaminess.

1.0 D: I don't know how they got this up to 5.5% without having any flavor in this. Amazing. (672 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -47.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

looks like piss

Smells sweet and citrusy. Acidic.

Taste: like stale saltine crackers and bile

Feels like I threw up and havent gotten the taste out of my mouth yet (167 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -46.7%

Out of a forty bottle this beer was a perfectly clear gold color. The one-finger of off-white head retained well as a collar and left impressive lacing in sheets. The aroma was distinctly unpleasant, macro grains, stale grains, skunky malt and wet wood. The flavors were no better. Dry, grainy, skunky and boring. The mouthfeel was rough and a little slick, the body medium and the carbonation medium. I was not happy to have a full forty of this to deal with. I always hate to fail a beer but this one sucked in several categories, especially the flavor one that matters. (572 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -43.8%

Appearance - Light, clear golden color.Thick soapy head; disapates quickly. No lacing. Champagne-like carbonation. Very average.

Smell - Grainy, adjunct smell. Sweet, no hint of hops. The scent is, notably, strong enough to smell.

Taste - Sweet adjunct taste beginning followed by a harsh sour and raw alcohol finish. Actively bad flavor that lingers on your tastebuds. Ranks with Milwaukee's Best as among the worst tasting beers.

Mouthfeel - Quite watery, thin. Overly tangy finish.

Drinkability - This stuff feels like seltzer in the mouth, but tastes like paint thinner. This, my friends, is not a very drinkable beer.

Please don't allow yourself to be taken in by the museum-like picture on the front of the can. There is no concivable way, brewers of the past would have cooked up and sold this chemical cocktail. Can should come with a "Mr. Yuk" sticker. [scrapes tongue] (893 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -43.8%

Poured from 24 oz. can into pint glass. Reviewed to style.

Appearance: Pours a clear golden hue with a two-finger head that actually takes a few minutes to dissipate. Tiny spots of lacing left along the glass as I drink.

Smell: Metal and water.

Taste. Metal, water, alcohol.

Mouthfeel: Much too full-bodied for an AAL. High carbonation, and the body isn't stout-like or anything, but it's just too heavy of a body for this style of beer.

Overall: Horrible. I'd much rather have a Lionshead, Rolling Rock, or High Life. (523 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -43.8%

Wow where to start. This beer just takes the cake as the worst beer i have every had in my entire life. I had a fresh cold one and it just tasted like metal and alcohol. If your gonna buy something for a cheap buzz, maybe get Natty or anything really stay away from this one. NO GOOD. I also made the mistake of trying one when it was warm. That was just a bad call on my part and I could not finish the can. One of the only beers that I have deemed worthy of being poured out. (477 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -42.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

That's it, I have made a promise to my soul that I will never put this shit in my body again. It smells awful, like beer that has soured after a kegger with rotting corn and notes of crap. Taste: this swill would be better off with no taste. Dimethyl sulfides and phenolic initially. I get acrid corn, and think Miller said the hell with it, let's see what happens with this malt I found behind the forklift. The only part I wasn't disappointed with was the lack of aftertaste. Still not too drinkable from overbearing carbonation. I can't drink this anymore, Olde E sounds delicious in comparison. Even for this style of beer, Icehouse is wrong. I'm feeling like a genius for bringing my last Alpha King to hop out all of this Icehouse. Bad beer, if you can even call it that. I could brew better in my car trunk. (814 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -42.5%

snaged a can of this from a buddy of mine, just wanted to try it. this was a mistake.
drank it out of the can so no appearance on this one.

just smelled bad.

taste was worse. the most repulsive taste I have ever tasted from any drink. kinda tasted like it sat on a piece of rotted wood for several weeks and then was found to be served after it was long expired.

nothing is good about this beer at all. the mouth feel was the only thing that allowed me to nearly finsh this one... it wasn't too bad.

overall if you call this drinkable then you need to try other options, even in cheap beers. I couldn't finsh 1 can and thats on my college budget taste. Horrible. (667 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -42.5%

One of the few beers I've never finished. Pretty much a typical macro in appearance and smell, but the taste is much too bitter and metallic, with a harsh mouthfeel and an everlasting aftertatse that tastes like an acid-soaked penny. This is absolutely horrid stuff. (266 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -40.4%

Well, this is one bad example of an american light lager.

Smells of caro syrup piss

taste is of caro piss and to much corn

Aweful SHIT

AVOID THIS BAD PISS!!!

Fo

Sho

Gross

Filth Taste

Mo

Better!!!

This is why you must seek local brew. Compassionate brew makes for better brew, local mkes it fine! (308 characters)

1.44/5  rDev -40%

Pours a straw color...big cooked corn and alcohol on the nose...smells like a mild Malt Liqour...tastes like it too...harsh alcohol flavor...cheap adjunty flavor..smooths out a little as you drink it but not a favorite of mine...there are many macros I'd pick over this including a lot of so called cheapies...and the ABV on this is only 5.5. or something like that....kind of a light malt liqour without the full flavor/sweetness that malt liquors pack.. (455 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -39.2%

I have very bad memories of this beer. One of my roommates from college bought this on a whim, and although we had a good night, it was due to the alcohol in the beer, and not to its taste and characteristics.

Appearance: It's a pale yellow color that doesn't retain head. Looks like a typical macro brew.

Smell: Bitter, sour smell. My roommate broke one of the bottles by accident as we were loading them in the refridgerator, and it was a big tip-off to me that this was not a high-quality beer, despite its mid-range price.

Taste: Horrible. It has the bite of Molson Canadian, but is much more bitter and has a lingering aftertaste. I cringed as I took sips from my first bottle. It had a metallic taste if I recall too. No redeeming wheaty taste to be found here. Between the smell and the taste, I had a hard time dealing with this one.

Mouthfeel: Thin and oily, like typical macro brews.

Drinkability: I had to choke this down. This was just flat out bad, and there is no way I'll ever drink it again. (1,022 characters)

1.47/5  rDev -38.8%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: Beer colored water. No head at all.
Smell: Smells like a stale hoppy beer. Still not skunk though.
Taste: You can definately taste the alcohol in the "beer". You can
also taste the water. Pretty bubbly too.
Mouthfeel: Nothing really special here, just rolls down like semi-
carbonated water. Doesn't leave a film or anything.
Drinkability: I try to stay away from this one. The only time I drink
it is when I run out of my good stuff and my bro has it
stocked in his fridge. (502 characters)

Icehouse from Miller Brewing Co.