Milwaukee's Best Ice - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Ice Alström Bros

Milwaukee's Best Ice, if that ice was cut from an outhouse. It is best real cold, left outside all night on November night. I perfer it with little chunks of ice swimming in it. Real bad beer, but a good way to get loaded. (222 characters)

first things first, lets get this straight, this is a beer for someone wanting to get very drunk, for very cheap. 10 dollers for 30 beast ice's, and it's 5.9%, this beer really has nothing fantastic about it, skunky smelling, almost a transparent color, not a great taste, light in the mouth, about the only thing one can say about it is, it has a higher ABV than ice house, and it tastes just slightly better, well, maybe a lot better, but that really isn't saying much. if you are budgeting, and needing a drink, go for it, it's still more respectible than grabbing wild irish rose. (584 characters)

There is not really much I can say about this beer. It is the worst offering from the Milwaukee's Best line: that enought should tell you to stay away. This beer has a terrible taste, smell and apperance. Unless this is ice cold, it is almost impossible to take down with out gagging. The only thing working in this beer's favor is the relativly strong 5.9% abv. "Beast" Ice is a cheap buzz with little else to offer.

Stay away from this brew. If your better off with drinking a light beer than this. (503 characters)

This is a terrible beer. The appearance is bizarre. It's the only beer I have seen with a yellow greenish color, like lemon gatorade. The smell is awful, like a used growler that hasn't been cleaned out. The taste doesn't really have any recognizable beer characteristics other than alcohol. It was difficult for me to finish this undrinkable beer. Stay away. (359 characters)

This, unfortunately, was the beer I "grew up" on. My stepdad drank this and I had more of these than I'd like to admit. Without a doubt, the worst beer I've ever had, even comparing to other cheap macros. The higher alcohol content isn't enough to make this worthwhile. The taste is just horrible...I cringe just thinking about it. The only way to even attempt to drink this is ICE cold and FAST. Even then it is quite putrid. Let it warm even a couple of degrees and you are in for a whole mouthful of funk. Avoid at all costs. There are better cheap macros to get you drunk. (576 characters)

AWFUL. This 'beer' just smells from moldly boiled rice and distilled alcohol. Pale yellowish color, no head no lacing. Makes me wonder why I am drinking this, and who would buy this. The flavor is mostly of the bitter moldy rice. AVOID!!! unless your aying beer pong (266 characters)

Pours a clear light gold color with white head. Cereal grains and a little skunk on the nose; follows onto the palate. Light bodied for an ice beer. Finishes with boozy grain. (175 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -56.9%

Simply gross. An econimcal way to catch a buzz is all this is. Taste is skunky and alcoholic. Flavors are not natural for beer. Pale yellow in color, with head that is not impressive. Tastes just awful. Don't buy this swill, your tastebuds will thank you. (255 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -54.8%

I split a can of Beast Ice, time to review. Pours a pale gold color with a thin white head. No lace. Not much smell, some cooked corn, and small amounts of hops and malt. Not impressive. Mostly cooked corn in the flavor, with very small amounts of malt and hops. Not a pleasant flavor at all. Thin and watery mouthfeel, not much else to say. Not drinkable either. (363 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -53.1%

Had (again with the shit beers) at my nieghboor's. You know, I enjoyed this even less than the light. Honesty, I can taste the alcohol so horribly. It's weird... 5.9% ABV and all I taste is alcohol. No grains, hops, nothing. This is sheer and utter crap. (254 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -52.7%

This is my first macro in quite a while, even though I bought this for giggles, this is an honest review of the beer itself, I strive for this in any beer that I try.Pale yellow color, smell is a weird sugary sweet. Taste is flat, a bit sweet, no hops, very dull. Thin mouthfeel. I know why I drink craft beer and not this stuff, it's useless for beer. I don't consider this real beer, I might throw the rest out since I bought it as a 40oz and I'm not trying to impress my hommies or anything. I only spent $1.50 on this but I feel bad for spending that much on it. (566 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -50.6%

My streak of terrible macro pop continues. This pours a pale straw color with a thin white head. Nose has grainy hops and corn. Taste is on the rough side. Needs more water to mellow out the stale ingredients. Thin body is way over carbonated and lacks any depth. (263 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -50.6%

Pours a pale straw color with a very thin white head..

Smells of stale corn and grain.

Has some almost unnoticeable awful taste that sort of follows the smell. You could say it's finish is water-like, but that would be an insult to water.

Mouthfeel has full on awfully high carbonation, which leads to its awfulness.

Quite possibly the worst beer I've ever had in my entire life...only drank it at the worst of times in college because of the higher ABV and cheapness. (474 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -49.8%

Beast Ice! I have no clue why this is always available at parties I have to go to... probably so that I won't drink it.

Appearance is pale yellow. Nearly no head. Very clear. Not appetizing at all.

Smell is of water and alcohol. Nothing else.

Taste is almost like it's water with some rubbing alcohol and malt flavor added. Nothing that makes me want to drink it.

Mouthfeel isn't much better than taste but at least the alcohol isn't burning all the time. Sometimes it's better but sometimes it's also worse. It balances out somewhat for a 1.5.

Drinkability is very very low. I refuse to drink this beer anymore, even when it's free and in copious quantities. I'd much rather pay a bit extra and upgrade to Miller Lite or almost any of the other products that Miller brews. (778 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -49%

Picked up a 24 can case for $9.98 knowing full well what I was getting into. Plastic and beer just don't mingle well at all. Sharp plastic taste... Overpowering plastic aroma... (I just mangled aroma because I didn’t have the heart to use stench). Must drink more so I can get ripped enough to Finish this review.

Starts with plastic, then goes to a light corn with a hint of malt. Colour is a fair amber, looks are so misleading here. Some unpleasant sticky palatability, with a fair amount of carbonation. If you need this beer for effect, then go for it. HAZMAT (hazardous material) teams can be seen unloading this stuff from the beer trucks from time to time, I’m sure. Once you get past the first few cans, every thing settles down except for the plastic taste, that never goes away completely. (805 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -49%

My dear American friends
I don't have to tell you guys how bad this beer is. If you are on the East Coast, Try a "Victory" brewing company beer by the name of "Golden Monkey".
When I was a kid in Melbourne, Australia, my Dad used to take us to the Royal Melbourne Show. There were many pricey rides, and extravagent show-bags to provide for us kids, so Dad would milk it out. Before we were allowed to get on those "rip-off rides", Dad would say..."This is a show after all, let's look at the prize winning animals?" My Dad's attempts to keep us from squandering his cash taught me one thing....The smell of Filth.
As a child I remember the stench. The hay, the pigs and goats... their shit! I had surpressed that sent until a few hours ago. As an Australian Nurse working in Philly, I was looking to get loaded, while saving a few bucks. Some of you US blokes would have guided me away, but I went into the store single handed and paid the price. I purchased a case of "Milwaukee's Best Ice" I am ashamed to say. I tried the first one...rough! I thought they may have left the case in broad sunlight, then tried to re-freeze it? Sadly this was not the case. I drunk another 15, just to test my hypothesis. This is the worst beer in either hemisphere. I feel that the owners of the stalls at the Melbourne Show with their vermin-infested livestock may have crushed the second-hand straw and made some kind of beer?! Please stay away..Please!!! I love this site, and thanks for all your collective input. If I had of stumbled across it sooner, my taste buds may have been spared this atrocity! Now I'm off to the Doctor, I fear a case of this stuff may have been enough to invoke colon cancer.

Take it easy boys and girls! (1,729 characters)

1.23/5  rDev -48.5%

Though I am only a ripe 22 years of age I have probably have at least 90% of the beer types known to man. Then there was "Beast Ice" aka Milwaukee's Best Ice. Living up to it's faithful name this beer is quite a beast....and I do mean that in the worst way possible. It's so bad it doesn't even deserve a review....try one and you'll know what I mean. (351 characters)

1.27/5  rDev -46.9%

As a poor college student I bought this beer for drinking games and expected nothing. It was disappointing. This beer is so bad that I expected nothing from it but it still managed to disappoint. Drank from the can but I would assume it looked like fizzy swamp water because that is what it tasted like. The smell left nothing to be desired but it could have probably been worse. The taste was, as I said earlier, like fizzy swamp water. This is the epitome of piss beer. In fact I would bet that this beer is kidney filtered through the homeless of Milwaukee. Is it Miller time? Not if Beast Ice is involved. (609 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -46.4%

The label states Ice brewed from th finest quality malted barley, selected grains and choicest hops. pours a honey bright golden hue with a large overly carbonated white head dwindles as quick as it rises. Lacing is left behind thin and scant. Aromatics smells like beer, grainy offness slightly metallics. A blend of pale malts and assorted grains ie corn and rice. Not much alcohol on the nose even thought it's an ice brew it comes out at 5.9% just under the legal limit of some of the archaic states with beer laws like WV. Flavor unremarkable but yet a horrible chemical metallic offness comes across the palate with DME sweetness after a few sips I'm certain I'm not going to finish off a whole 24oz can. I will not waste anymore vibrant liver cells on this beer, drain pour. Mouthfeel is thin watery textured with carbonation so high it makes it hard to swallow, shitty industrial beer at it's worst. Drinkability terrible. (930 characters)

1.32/5  rDev -44.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Beast ice. Is what it is. This one pours from the frat house's keg light golden copper (darker than the light) and lots of foam on top. Aroma is heavy skunk and stale corn. Flavor goes on the pattern with solid Skunky Beast with extra skunk flavor. Blah. Not worth drinking to tick, but had to be sure to tick all my college mistakes. (334 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -44.4%

"...here we dive hysterically and hilariously into the abyss..."

Pours a very clear pale yellow with lots of bubbles and a sizzling rocky head that doesn't retain very well. Although the color sends out some danger signs, it doesn't look foul or anything.

While the smell isn't atrocious, it's clearly bad. It's artificially sweet and unappealingly corn-like, with hops bringing up the rear. There's a weird, alien element to the aroma that I can't nail down, but I know I don't like it. The only good thing about the smell is that it's fairly timid.

The looks and smell weren't exactly abhorrent, so I had some hope for this beer...until I tasted it. Milwaukee's Best Ice is made with malt and hops. This much is clear at the very front of the sip...but no love has gone into it at all. What little flavor there is completely dies out in a matter of seconds, leaving you with a metallic finish and absolutely no memory of what you just tasted. It may not be the most foul beer in the world, but it is easily one of the most forgettable and lame. It's too thin, weirdly sweet (like they used Nutrasweet in the recipe) and predictably metallic. Lacking any kind of depth. I could go on, but why bother?

Mouthfeel is atrocious, sizzling with full-on carbonation and only prolonging the experience that I want to end NOW. And I do. Down the sink it goes.

I rate the drinkability low because I couldn't even finish a glass (and there's still more in the can). It may be very drinkable if you're just looking to pound back a few and get fucked up, and if you also don't care what your beer actually tastes like. But I can't consider this drinkable in any way. This is Milwaukee's best??? I'm sure the city has something better to offer than this swill. (1,764 characters)

1.39/5  rDev -41.8%

Pours a clear and darkish straw yellow with a big white head. Lots of carbonation providing lots of bubbles.

Smells- in short- some of the worst smelling beer I've ever had. Simply terrible- not just saying it because of the style either- and yes, it was fresh. There is a gross alcohol smell and a nearly rotten grain smell to the concoction, as well as some corn husks.

Tastes- better than the smell, but still unimpressive. Very grainy- which could be a good thing- but not here. The only evidence of hops are moments of bitterness. There seems to almost be some off flavors, but then you realize this is just the character of the beer and reflects the smell.

It's fairly crisp and smooth, but gets watered down the warmer it gets. Taste and smell make this much harder to drink than any other american macro- I'd normally rank much higher for drinkability - but this really did almost make me feel sick. Even regular olde Milwaukee's Beast is much better (967 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -40.2%

I bought this for two reasons. One, it was $11.99 for a 30 Pack. Two, it's 5.9% ABV. If you want to get drunk and you don't care about taste, appearance, smell, having a horrible hangover and feeling like crap for 24 hours, then this is the beer for you. Otherwise, cough up a few extra dollars and get something that doesn't taste like the water that builds up at the bottom of a trash can. (391 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -40.2%

Another college town beer that is more of a tool for getting drunk than a real beer. Ice beer so it's high in alcohol and low in taste. Very pale and little to no head retention. The aroma is non existent. No good characteristics for this bland flavorless concoction. Stay clear of this one. -Dale (297 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -38.9%

I poured into a pint glass to two inches of white head. This beer is straw colored. The smell is sweet and grassy. The taste is sweet up front and finishes with a bitter alcohol taste. It is very watery. This is just a bad, bad beer. Under no circumstances will I purchase this beer again. I've been dreading it since I had the lapse in judgement and bought it. (361 characters)

Milwaukee's Best Ice from Miller Brewing Co.