Milwaukee's Best Ice - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best IceMilwaukee's Best Ice

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Ice Alström Bros
Ratings: 583 | Reviews: 190
3.23/5  rDev +60.7%

ultimate getting drunk college beer pong.. great memories.

2.53/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It's brewed to be a cheap beer and delivers same. Very thin, low malt flavor, almost no hops and corn corn corn. Another good example of macro beer.

4.39/5  rDev +118.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Good beer for getting buzzed up

3.18/5  rDev +58.2%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate to heavy amounts of active visible carbonation and faint medium golden yellow highlights. The beer has a two finger tall dense foamy white head that quickly reduces to a large patch of mottled thin film surrounded by a very thin film covering the reminder of the surface of the beer and a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Moderate to heavy amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light to moderate aromas of grainy malt and corn adjuncts with a light aroma of grassy hops.

T: Upfront there is a moderate flavor of grainy malts with corn and rice adjuncts. That is followed by light flavors of grassy hops which imparts a light amount of bitterness which fades away quickly.

M: Light to medium bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Crisp

O: This was much better than I was expecting with an easy to drink light overall flavor and aroma - alcohol was well hidden and it was more enjoyable than I remembered it from my college days. Not a beer that I will be running out to get again but not bad.

4.7/5  rDev +133.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

L: Very attrative..almost seductively inviting. Pours with a wonderful, light and creamy head. S: A hint of beer smell...probably because this is beer. T: Fantastic surprise. A truly great experience. One of the best beers ever....by anyone's standards. Creamy, smooth with fresh, crisp hops. F: Very satisfying and pure drinkability. One of the top 5 beers I have ever had....and I have been drinking many, many beers for 60 years! Overall: Craft and micro brews cannot hold a candle to this legend - plus at 5.9 ABV it ranks at the top of a truly man's beer. Pure craftmanship at its finest!

Pours a clear light gold color with white head. Cereal grains and a little skunk on the nose; follows onto the palate. Finishes with boozy grain.

1.25/5  rDev -37.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Beast is a beast if your a beast

4.2/5  rDev +109%

Great beer for people who have NO money and want to get drunk.

3.25/5  rDev +61.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

good beer... cheap, smooth, high alcohol content

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Cheap beer with good alcohol content. Nothing fancy expected from Miller

2.36/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

rated from previous tasting notes

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Just a really bad beer

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 3

This is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It looks way better than you'd expect, and it pours a surprisingly thick and creamy head. It actually has some flavor (tasted similar to PBR to me but not nearly as good, kind of a creamed corn taste. Tastes cheap to be sure, but it could be worse) but it could go down much smoother. It's also extremely cheap. This is the perfect beer for kids in college who just want to get drunk.

1.35/5  rDev -32.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

It is the Milwaukee beast!

2.27/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

40oz plastic bottle poured into a pint glass

A- pours a bright golden color with a two-finger foamy and sudsy white head that reduces to skim the top long after that pour

S- fairly clean aroma, some grain, metal, cooked corn, no trace of hops

T- lightly sweet creamed corn up front, but pretty clean. Faint whispers of grass before finishing lean with a toasted grain linger

M- light body with moderate carbonation leads to a slightly foamy mouthfeel and a crisp dry finish

O- this is one of the most drinkable AAL that I've had. It doesn't have that off-putting finish that most do. Not much flavor, but compared to others in it's class, pretty good

badass if your cheap or a teenager but otherwise c'mon man lol

1.83/5  rDev -9%

I picked this 12 pack of cans up last night for my friend and I. We are both having life issues and hey, its a guys night totally, we were just going to get wasted and forget about everything for a night...So him and I ordered a couple of cheap ass pizzas, and I went to pick up some CHEAP ASS BEER.

At $7.98 for a 12 pack (or $13 for a 30 pack which we obviously didnt need!), this definitely qualified for cheap beer. It's what I was going for. I wanted practically the cheapest crap I could find (okay, it was 3rd cheapest next to Hurricane and Steel Reserve) that hopefully still had good flavor. Naturally I picked up "ICE" and not "Light" for that reason.

So with one can left in my possession I dedicate it to you beer lovers.

Aroma (2) : corn, tin, malt aromas. Seltzer water. Smells like coors light, spot on.

Taste (1.75) very watery, very corny (but not in a high life way, more like a bad roasted malted corn flavor), tin, stale malt, rotten garbage and rotten hop. A staunch alcohol flavor floats around. It is just rather terrible unless you're too inebriated to know the difference.

Mouthfeel (1.75) : watery and carbonated.

Overall (1.83) : I gave the rest of the 12 pack to my friend and he left the three slices of pizza. I got the better end of the deal. We are not huge drinkers so he got six cans to take home. I still got the better deal. I never expected much to begin with, but this is truly horrible even then. Would not buy again, not even for $2 a 12 pack. Yeah it's a terrible beer - tastes like miller lite's reject batch from experiments gone wrong.

1.34/5  rDev -33.3%

As if Milwaukee"s Best wasn't bad enough, this kinda like a sequel to a bad movie

3.95/5  rDev +96.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

I bought a 24 pack of this for $13 at the local liquor store just to try it out. I've drank it warm and cold, straight from the can, and from my beer glass.
It's a golden yellow color, similar to what you'd expect from most cheap American macrobreweries. Brief high head that settles down really quickly, leaving just a circle of thin foam around the edge of the glass. Minimal lacing. I wish there would have been more. Smell is similar to most cheap beers, sweetness, corn, and malty wheat, but I thought it was stronger and more defined than I usually expect from cheap beers.
Taste was overwhelmingly metallic(probably because of the can) water, corn, malt, and kinda a weird understaste that reminded me of bubblegum. A sweet short-lasting aftertaste. The mouthfeel was ok. Not too impressive. It was fairly smooth, which I liked.
As far as cheap beers go, this is my favorite. I don't expect much for $.50/can, and this one surpassed my expectations. It's got the strongest most defined flavor IMHO, a higher alcohol content than many of the other cheap beers, so it's great for a party, but also really easy drinking for just a day relaxing.

3.3/5  rDev +64.2%

I don't understand the piss poor ratings for this. Tastewise this beer is pretty decent. It tastes like a mixture of miller light and malt liquor, and as an ice brew thats practically what it is. There is a strong grain and corn taste to it, but its not offensive. Don't let it get warm though or you will get some bad tastes. Carbonation is a bit high for my taste, but not absurd. For what it is it's pretty good and I find myself actually enjoying them.

3.06/5  rDev +52.2%

Milwaukee's Best Ice Brewed by the Miller. This brew has an Abv of 5.9. This beer pours out of the can a nice amber color with a white head. The taste is that of an American style lager and malt liquor. It is right in the middle of the two. The beer goes down ok for being a higher abv, than other brews on the market. Nothing bad but nothing special . Overall I give this brew a 3 out of 5.

3.16/5  rDev +57.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Serving: 32oz can poured into snifters
Served: 7 February 2014

Appearance: Crystal clear pale yellow with just a faint hint of golden depth. Soapy white head on top. Good lacing.

Smell: Clean, nothing off-putting about it. Simple "beer" smell with some corny sweetness to it.

Taste: Much like the smell, this one tastes like one would expect for an AAL. Not cloyingly sweet but also not picking up any of the strange earthiness I also sometimes get in AALs. Not half bad for what it is.

Mouthfeel: Light and bubbly, just as one would expect.

Overall: Overall, this beer is certainly nothing to write home about. It's a party beer, for sure- a cheap option that you can buy massive quantities of for little money. I got a 32oz can for $1.70 and used it to wash down eight chili cheese dogs. It did it's job, and in a great way. I would certainly consider this for a college kegger.

2.73/5  rDev +35.8%

A reviewer before me typed it best, "A good cheap, get drunk kinda beer" Many friends of mine call it the "Hangover Central Beer" I don't know if they are recalling college mornings or they are just closet alcoholics that drink till they pass out, but I've never experienced this from this beer.

Before the basics, I will say out of all the Milwaukee's, (reg, light, ice) The Ice is the best for flavor's sake because it's the smoothest. I don't know why. I drink beer, not brew it.

With that said, semi-sharp hop smell, bitey but smooth hoppy mouthfeel. No tracing in my glass when I poured it out of a can. Appearance is a boring typical gold color, (doesn't bother me though)

ive got to give this credit, its cheap and it cuts to the point. at 5.9%abv its kinda noticable but goes down good. you can smell the grains/malt and the hint of alcohol. head is soapy and leaves decent lacing?!?! i know lacing? really. i will give it a full swallow beer in my honest opinion. It will get you where you want to go.

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

This beer was surprisingly good for a cheap get drunk kinda beer. It has a clear amber red appearance. there is a this malt smell. It has a malty taste with a dry aftertaste. It is slightly skunky at the end. It goes down pretty hard since it is pretty volatile.

Milwaukee's Best Ice from Miller Brewing Co.