Miller Genuine Draft - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine DraftMiller Genuine Draft

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.66% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-12-2002)
Reviews by BryanCarey:
2.95/5  rDev +31.7%

MGD is a decent tasting macro brew with the aroma that is sweet and grainy. Its flavor profile is also sweet, with tastes that remind me of a mixture of corn and barley. There are some hops present, but they are few and the beer finishes with almost no bitterness at all.

With the word “draft” in the title, one would expect this beer to have a strong appearance with a solid head of foam. In reality, it doesn’t and the thin layer of foam falls apart in a very short time. But it does offer one quality that some beer drinkers like: Little aftertaste. It finishes clean and what little grainy taste it leaves behind is washed away quickly.

MGD is nothing special, but it does offer a smooth taste without any bite. I would never consciously buy this beer for my own enjoyment but I would consider it if I was entertaining and needed a product that most would find acceptable. It’s an ok beer that has no qualities good enough to brag about but that also offers an easy- drinking style.

O my Lord. How do you really rate the beer of yer indigent youth without bias.

This was my default, O my brothers. My go-to, my backup. Others have Pabst, others have Rolling Rock, others have Yuengling, but mine was MGD.

I have had too many good times on the back end of an MGD to rate it any lower than a 2, but too much presence of mind to rate it any higher.

This is swill. There's no two ways about it. But, O my brothers, in the early to mid 1990s, it had the moniker "genuine", which was enough to sell it to a dork like me.

One night, one glorious night in the relative innocence of the 1990s I got picked up in a bar in Wisconsin after having ten of these by a VERY pretty girl, despite being myself utterly average in every regard, with no effort whatsoever expended on my part, and for that reason, MGD always has a home in my home when push comes to shove.

But it's really awful beer, truth to be told. I wouldn't buy this on purpose in a scenario short of the zombie apocalypse.

3.5/5  rDev +56.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I tried this beer one time during the summer of 2012 and thought it was an ok to slightly decent beer. It is not a beer that i would have all of the time, but I would probably recommend it to another to try it. The taste was distinct and was very smooth and different from Miller High Life. The process of making a draft beer gives this beer a different characteristic.

2.13/5  rDev -4.9%

Appearance – Clear, yellow body with strong carbonation and the typical Puxatawny Phil up and down head.

Smell – A light grain aroma, but not a lot. The Bud was a veritable bouquet compared to this nose.

Taste – Typical grain with a good amount of sweetness. Definitely sweeter than The King. It’s not fruit, though. More like Ju-Ju Bees or Gummi-Bears (not the good Gummi-Bears from Germany; those awful ones that they sell at the movie theaters).

What the heck is going on with the finish here? I can’t describe it, but it ruined what little flavor was in the body. I don’t know what that is.

Mouthfeel – Good carbonation and fairly smooth.

Drinkability – Thirty-minutes of prep time in the freezer and canned to keep out the skunk does the trick with this one. That aftertaste though probably took it down a whole point.

2.5/5  rDev +11.6%

4.28/5  rDev +91.1%

This is a crysteal clear, radiently golden beer. It has no head to speak of, but does manage to leave quite a bit of lacing after the pour. Aromas are very light, and of cracked grain. No sickly sweetness to the aroma at all.

For the style, this beer tastes pretty badass. It is refreshingly dry, balanced, and delivers just a splash of fruity hop flavor in the finish. A light but very creamy mouthfeel accentuates these qualities to make this by far my favorite offering from the big 3. It is a very fresh tasting beer with minor, if any, perceptable flaws.

1.75/5  rDev -21.9%

2.33/5  rDev +4%

I guess this is drinkable at keg parties but not anywhere else. It poured a clear yellow color with a lightly frothy head that faded after a minute or two. The smell was very sweet and not pleasing at all. The taste was not much better. It was a very sweet taste but a grainy sweetness that got to me after a couple sips. I guess I got used to it after a few sips and it started going down eaiser so I gave it a little bit higher drinkability rating. Overall it is a standard macro that is bland, boring and not worth your time.

1.25/5  rDev -44.2%

1.98/5  rDev -11.6%

I not a big fan of Macro lagers and not a big fan of MGD i just buy one so i can review ...it does'nt smell good at all...not a good taste...and not even a good appearence .... for me this is a bad beer not good at all if you want to buy a Macro lager this one is not the one

3.33/5  rDev +48.7%

not horrable on tap, better than can or bottle. still not by far a good beer but somewhat better than in the bottle. has a flavor to it, not strong but not overly weak either. it was really cheap on tap, so that helps, i guess a fair beer for your value, but i would stick to tap

3.5/5  rDev +56.3%

2.25/5  rDev +0.4%

Miller Genuine Draft from Miller Brewing Co.