Miller Genuine Draft - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine DraftMiller Genuine Draft

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.66% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-12-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Genuine Draft Alström Bros

armills, Feb 06, 2012

tyleeis, Jan 09, 2013
4.68/5  rDev +108.9%

pbrplease, Jul 31, 2014
4.65/5  rDev +107.6%

The gold of the american beers, in its bottle of 12 oz, the perfect serving for bbq, buddies meeting, 6 o´clock, etc, its appearance is exceptional, pure nugget, smell so good remain my first draft beer, in mexico, malt and hops really balanced, and the best thing of all its packaging, sorry for my comments on the bottle´s package and presentation, i am a Professional graphic designer.

tesguino, Oct 06, 2005
4.5/5  rDev +100.9%

Jb1976, Jul 11, 2014
4.35/5  rDev +94.2%

Although this does seem just the same as alot of other basic full flavored beers, It to me is exceptionaly refreshing. A great taste, an easy smell and a smooth quality. Again everybody has their opinions and own desired taste. For me, this is my comfort beer.

tjsmith910, Sep 16, 2010
4.28/5  rDev +91.1%

This is a crysteal clear, radiently golden beer. It has no head to speak of, but does manage to leave quite a bit of lacing after the pour. Aromas are very light, and of cracked grain. No sickly sweetness to the aroma at all.

For the style, this beer tastes pretty badass. It is refreshingly dry, balanced, and delivers just a splash of fruity hop flavor in the finish. A light but very creamy mouthfeel accentuates these qualities to make this by far my favorite offering from the big 3. It is a very fresh tasting beer with minor, if any, perceptable flaws.

JudgeRoughneck, Jan 02, 2007

plab, Oct 05, 2012
4.2/5  rDev +87.5%

Intz51, Sep 08, 2014
4.15/5  rDev +85.3%

Whenever I feel like writing a review, I usually find myself reviewing a big name macro. I think this is because many of them get a really bum rap, and usually, in my opinion at least, solely in the name of beer snobbery. Don't get me wrong, I love craft brews and it's a large percentage of what I drink, but there are many a-time when I just feel like sluggin' a beer. So, sorry, there are really good macros, and macro lagers most definitely have a time and a place.

There really is nothing remarkable about Miller's smell, appearance, and feel. Looks like a pale lager, smells like a macro lager (you know, that real beery smell), and has less-than-over-the-top fizzy carbonation.

Anyhow, Miller has become a primary go-to brew for me and it's the taste that sets it apart from it's rival macros. It's like bread and butter. And my god, is it smooth (and please excuse my use of that word). It's my most drinkable beer, and mighty fine if you're having more than a few too. There's absolutely nothing off-putting about this beer, in fact it is delicious.

I'm real hard pressed to find a reason why this beer is so hated... other than beer snobbery. Maybe this beer is different in the States, but I doubt it since it is imported, not out-sourced brewed, up to Canada. Take it from me, this beer is good. There may not be anything to be learned about beer when drinking this, but hey, isn't that kind of the point sometimes?

CharlyNovember, Jan 16, 2013
4.1/5  rDev +83%

Underratred. Clean and crisp with fine malty taste. Not a strong, extreme beer, but it isn't supposed to be, the mouthfeel is extraordinary, I would put this up against SNPA on a hot summer day anytime. For the price and availability, this squashes many of the artsy micros. Open your mind, this is a fine beer.

surfmeister, Aug 02, 2006
4.03/5  rDev +79.9%

Pours very clear, head lingers on edges of glass only. Aroma disappoints, spicy with a cooked corn smell that borders on rotten. Malt low to none, no hop aroma. Improves on flavour, nice corny flavour overrides the unappealing aroma. A smooth and creamy mouthfeel is balanced by a nice carbonic bite.

goodbyesoberday, Aug 11, 2006
4.03/5  rDev +79.9%

I must start this review by saying I usually don't drink American Lagers but did so since I had one left over from a Superbowl party. In reviewing the BJCP guidelines I was surprised to find out this beer is brewed quite well to style.

The beer is quite clear, pale straw, and on initial pouring had a fair head with did not persist.

I detected no hop or malt aroma but a little DMS probably from the corn or rice. Nor did I detect any green apple smell.

I was struck by the DMS taste as well as the dry sting on the tongue. I could not really taste either the hops or the malt so I don't know if they were well balanced or non existant.

It was very light on body and was quite carbonated. As I said before I got the distinct tongue sting.

For an American Lager, it was very good. It fit the style well. If I was at a restaurant and they only had ice tea and MGD, I probably would take the tea.

LarryKemp, Jan 28, 2003

SlowBrew, Nov 28, 2012

chrisp1090, Jan 26, 2012

Mudawg, Feb 29, 2012
Miller Genuine Draft from Miller Brewing Co.