Miller Genuine Draft - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine DraftMiller Genuine Draft

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.66% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-12-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Genuine Draft Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,215 | Reviews: 649
3.5/5  rDev +56.3%

A standard American lager, it does not have the taste of a pilsner, but a unique character of its own.

1.92/5  rDev -14.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Pours a amberish corn color with a lace of head. Smells like fermented corn. Goes down pretty harshly, quite putrid, and slightly bitter. Ones of the worst adjuncts I've hard. Was hard to finish.

1.77/5  rDev -21%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Had a college roommate who loved this stuff. Could never get into it...

2.78/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Serve Ice cool on a very hot day. A neutral thirst killer without any interesting characters but if you prefer beer with less beer taste you surely like it.

1.16/5  rDev -48.2%

Back in the day (3 years ago) I had one friend over 21 that would buy me a 12 pack of beer and id sneak that 12 pack into my parents house and make it last a week, then after that week we'd go get another one. Well I was making my way down the line of all the Beers that I saw commercials for my entire life (thats all I knew at the time) and finally this one came.
Miller Genuine Draft.

This beer is awful. I was 18 - I'd drink Keystone all day, for all I cared. Id drink any beer I could get. Untill this one. I opened up this 12 pack chilled it and took a drink.
The look of this beer is its best feature (and thats not saying much).
It smelled exactly what it taste like- a skunky Busch Light that someone dropped a couple ounces of vegetable juice into. Honestly that is the only way I can describe this beer. Just awful. Do not buy. Do not try. Do not think about it. The only beer I have ever drank that gave me a instant headache. AWFUL.

3.16/5  rDev +41.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Better than most American mass-produced beers, it doesn't look all that spectacular, but it sure is darn refreshing on a hot day.

1.77/5  rDev -21%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

Light golden color with a fluffy head with low retention, but leaving laces.
Aroma of lemon and cereals.
Flavor with notes of cardboard, corn, metal, mild cabbage and lemon drops. Dry aftertaste with a very low bitterness.
Watery body with good carbonation.
It has a fair share of off-flavors, at least is not too sweet. Below average for style.

2.15/5  rDev -4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Had this at a wedding. I try not to sound biased with this but the color really does remind me of piss. There is not much of an aroma and when you drink it really cold you don't get much to the taste. It is rather refreshing on a hot day outside. But if you don't finish it quick it warms up and it just starts to taste "off". It's hard to describe other than straw/hay like. Nothing complex or standout about this. Just chug and go.

look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Rated this to the style.

2.3/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

for non-pasteurized "draft" beer you think you could get some more hop flavor and aroma in here....

2.75/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Better than some other adjuncts.

1.72/5  rDev -23.2%

this is way too terrible

1.75/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Awful, even for an AAL. I don't mind some but this is putrid.

2.94/5  rDev +31.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

A - Very light in colour, reminds me of straw - a golden yellow

S - Standard lager smell. It has a bit more floral sweetness? than other lagers though

T - Crisp and clean taste, not much to it like I anticipated. A very easy drinking beer, I could easily down a lot of this with no problems. I has some weird metallic taste to it sometimes, other than that no complaints. Not an outstanding beer but not bad in my eyes either.

3.13/5  rDev +39.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Typical American adjunct, but with less bitter aftertaste. And I can actually taste a hint of hops.

a b c d e f g

1.75/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

The champagne of beers? No sir

2.49/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 2.75

Outliar detected!!!

awful look, no smell, zero taste but...refreshing

I wouldn't pour it out. When your options are mgd or water and you don't want water...

2.2/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Pours a finger of sudsy, frothy white head, fades quickly to a thin film, and decent spotty lacing. Clear and straw colored. Smells of cereal grains, slightly skunky, very straightforward. Bland taste, with a short bitter hop bite. Slight citric tartness and notes of straw/hay in aftertaste. Feels watery, with higher carbonation. Taste does not linger at all, not that I'd want it to. Overall, I simply can't bring myself to find anything really pleasing or outstanding about this macro. If nothing else, it looks good.

look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Decent. Does the job when asked.

2.25/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 12 oz. can that had been sitting in the bottom of a fridge for half a year, into a glass 300 ml mug. I don't know what a "bad" beer is supposed to look like but this looks like a pretty standard American macro lager, which it is.

I am, however, surprised by its drinkability, having not had an American macro lager in quite some time now. To me, there is nothing unpleasant about this brew. I never thought I'd say this about a beer like this, but I honestly have tasted much worse German lagers, having lived in Germany for six months and tasted some brews that never make it to the U.S.

It is mostly grassy sweet, with some just a hint of hops bitterness that doesn't last or bite at all. In fact, none of the flavor lasts or really asserts itself in any way. No aftertaste. Smell is a bit skunky but this doesn't come through in the taste. Light mouthfeel, easy drinking, no challenge at all, the mac and cheese of beer. I wouldn't turn my nose up at this on a hot summer day at a BBQ, but I'm not going to be the one to bring it to said BBQ or buy this unless it's really the only beer in the one local store out in the middle of the wild.

4.76/5  rDev +112.5%

Very good overall but with slightly weak smell. Great feel.

3.13/5  rDev +39.7%

A great beer, when canned, for all day ocean fishing trips. Very smooth and crisp. Several off quality batches have occurred over the years having a metallic off flavor.

2.95/5  rDev +31.7%

This was the ultimate "hanging out" beer back in the day it was cheap and readily available.

3.46/5  rDev +54.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Clear, straw color with a creamy, white head that sticks around for a while. Good lacing on the glass. Aroma of corn husk. Straight forward taste of grain with a bit of sourness in the background. Vapid expression from the hops. Watery and mouth-filling with some sweetness on the finish. Overall, a standard American-style lager. Nothing offensive. Enjoyable.

12 oz can
Best by: May 04 15
Served in a Mug

Miller Genuine Draft from Miller Brewing Co.