Miller High Life Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High Life LightMiller High Life Light

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-16-2001)
3.14/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

This beer is my go to summer beer when I am not drinking craft.

It blows bud, miller, and pabst out of the water. I know that's not a ringing endorsement but, it needs to be noted.

This is a solid tasting and enjoyable beer. I prefer mine on the beach or in front of the grill.

Grab a 30 pack cans, put your snooty nose away and enjoy a few beers your dad had and wonder why this has not been in your rotation before.

Tank880, Jun 19, 2014
3.33/5  rDev +50.7%

Appearance: (From can poured into a pint glass): Golden with moderate carbonation bubbles, white head.

Smell: Grainy, Malty

Taste: People may disagree with me, but I have to say that out of all of the cheap priced beers, Miller High Life Light is my favorite. I will go even further than that and say that I prefer this over Coors Light, and I like it as much as Bud Light. There's just a smooth taste here that doesn't leave me with a bitter aftertaste in my mouth like so many other cheap light beers. A fairly tasty beer with perfect grain and malt mixtures; crispy finish. I guess what I appreciate the most is that this beer is definitely no skunk like so many other cheap beers.

NOTE: for those who slagged Miller High Life Light in the review section, here's a trick: Try a can or bottle of this after it has been in a cooler full of ice cubes for a while until the cans/bottles are ice cold. Even better, pour into a frosty mug that's been in the freezer.

Mouthfeel: Mild and bubbly; the "Champagne of Beers" designation on the side may be overdoing things just a tad (that is on the non-lights as well, although truthfully there are a lot of better beers than this one, albeit much higher priced), but really the analogy is accurate in terms of mouthfeel because it is a pleasant swig.

Overall: Hey, everyone has their opinions; but for my budget being what it is; and my propensity to gain weight if I'm not careful (among regular beers, without worries to price or calorie content, Miller High Life/Miller High Life Light would rank very far down my list), Miller High Life Light cannot be beat. Easily a 3.25 overall, maybe even higher.

KSGearhead, Jun 08, 2014

1.68/5  rDev -24%

misternebbie, Sep 08, 2014
2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

probert, Sep 08, 2014

Lots of haters on this one bringing the score down. However, I'm a firm believer in rating things based on what they are. I appreciate a great craft beer, and have often been called a beer snob. But this is not a craft beer. Therefore, it should not be rated like a craft beer.

So, of all the cheap beers out there (including MGD, Bud, Coors, High Life, Pabst, etc., etc., etc.), High Life and High Life Light are my go-tos. They have more flavor than most, go down smooth, and taste reasonably good (and refreshing) when really cold.

At room temperature, I'll pass. But throw one in the freezer for awhile, and you will take out a decent tasting beer for those weeks when money's tight. Founders it ain't. But it is one of the better BudMilloors products.

rttheteacher, Sep 01, 2014

2.04/5  rDev -7.7%

Lovethemhopps, Aug 26, 2014

ryanpack87, Aug 15, 2014

cvengeance, Aug 12, 2014
Miller High Life Light from Miller Brewing Co.