Miller High Life Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High Life LightMiller High Life Light

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-16-2001)
3.14/5  rDev +42.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

This beer is my go to summer beer when I am not drinking craft.

It blows bud, miller, and pabst out of the water. I know that's not a ringing endorsement but, it needs to be noted.

This is a solid tasting and enjoyable beer. I prefer mine on the beach or in front of the grill.

Grab a 30 pack cans, put your snooty nose away and enjoy a few beers your dad had and wonder why this has not been in your rotation before.

Tank880, Jun 19, 2014
3.33/5  rDev +51.4%

Appearance: (From can poured into a pint glass): Golden with moderate carbonation bubbles, white head.

Smell: Grainy, Malty

Taste: People may disagree with me, but I have to say that out of all of the cheap priced beers, Miller High Life Light is my favorite. I will go even further than that and say that I prefer this over Coors Light, and I like it as much as Bud Light. There's just a smooth taste here that doesn't leave me with a bitter aftertaste in my mouth like so many other cheap light beers. A fairly tasty beer with perfect grain and malt mixtures; crispy finish. I guess what I appreciate the most is that this beer is definitely no skunk like so many other cheap beers.

NOTE: for those who slagged Miller High Life Light in the review section, here's a trick: Try a can or bottle of this after it has been in a cooler full of ice cubes for a while until the cans/bottles are ice cold. Even better, pour into a frosty mug that's been in the freezer.

Mouthfeel: Mild and bubbly; the "Champagne of Beers" designation on the side may be overdoing things just a tad (that is on the non-lights as well, although truthfully there are a lot of better beers than this one, albeit much higher priced), but really the analogy is accurate in terms of mouthfeel because it is a pleasant swig.

Overall: Hey, everyone has their opinions; but for my budget being what it is; and my propensity to gain weight if I'm not careful (among regular beers, without worries to price or calorie content, Miller High Life/Miller High Life Light would rank very far down my list), Miller High Life Light cannot be beat. Easily a 3.25 overall, maybe even higher.

KSGearhead, Jun 08, 2014
2.56/5  rDev +16.4%

Coming out of a 12oz bottle into a pilsner glass

A - Well, it's a typical adjunct, with that regular ol' straw color

S - Not much going on, a faint malty sweetness with a touch o' corn

T - Hell, for an American adjunct light, this aint too bad. Not much taste, again, a corny -malty sweetness is the overriding flavor. You cant expect a whole lot from any of these light beers.

M - Once again, pretty weak ( especially after sampling a Chimay White beforehand )

O - Is there REALLY any point in reviewing a beer like this ? Well, I guess there is. We all know just about what to expect with this beer. It really comes down to " How does it compare to other American adjunct lights ?."...Well, for me personally, I'd take it over Miller Lite, Bud Light, and certainly Coors Light...

Give it a shot...If you gotta' go light...

UncleGrizz, Jan 31, 2013
3.03/5  rDev +37.7%

Look, it's a cheap beer and nothing is going to change that. As cheap beers go, though, it's one of my favorites. I have two types of beer that I keep in stock: Everyday beer and weekend beer. The everyday beer is one that I drink Monday through Thursday nights when doing work in the evening, yard work, or simply relaxing, and Miller High Life Light is that beer. (Miller Light - ugh. I call it Vanilla Miller - no taste at all.)

I've tried so many varieties of cheap beer, from Steel Reserve (which I think should be banned if only because it's the worst beer I've ever tasted) to PBR to Bud Light to Rolling Rock to Natty Light and so on. I'd prefer "whole" beer (vs. light), but when beer is one of your favorite things in the world, and you don't always exercise or eat like you should, you have to make a few compromises to keep things in check ... like your weight. When it comes down to cheap beer, though, what it really comes down to is drinking what agrees with your taste buds. It doesn't have to be the best, simply pleasing.

This is not a review to defend it or say it's one everyone should try, only to say it suits me. Sure, there are at least three dozen beers I like much, much better, but my budget and my waistline tell me, "Oh, hell no." So, is it a great beer? Not to me. Is it a good beer? I say yes, it is, and it's fine for everyday consumption. Am I going to examine its color, head, nose, etc.? No and, besides, you already have an opinion.

If you haven't tried it and are looking for an everyday beer, pick up a six and try it. Having a good-sized party? It and Miller High Life (for your light-beer-adverse guests) are great choices and few people - if any - are going to turn them down.

FrankyGee3, Oct 06, 2012

2.4/5  rDev +9.1%

jmartinger, Nov 12, 2014
2.12/5  rDev -3.6%

Ivan52, Nov 09, 2014

only time i will drink this is if I'm rolling through atlanta and see a 40oz at the gas station of it. other then that i wouldn't give this to my horses

PintOh1759, Nov 09, 2014

1.75/5  rDev -20.5%

zestar, Sep 17, 2014
1.48/5  rDev -32.7%

dagubna, Sep 17, 2014
Miller High Life Light from Miller Brewing Co.