Miller High Life Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High Life LightMiller High Life Light

Reviews by Tnkemist:
3.25/5  rDev +29.5%

3.13/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

This beer is my go to summer beer when I am not drinking craft.

It blows bud, miller, and pabst out of the water. I know that's not a ringing endorsement but, it needs to be noted.

This is a solid tasting and enjoyable beer. I prefer mine on the beach or in front of the grill.

Grab a 30 pack cans, put your snooty nose away and enjoy a few beers your dad had and wonder why this has not been in your rotation before. (420 characters)

3.91/5  rDev +55.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4

This an above average Light American beer. For taste, it may be the best tasting macrobrew Light American lager because the beer taste is there. Miller and Bud Light have almost no taste. Coors is sweet, but not a lot of beer taste. I think Miller High Lifw Light is a quality beer, and maybe best in its category. (314 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +47.4%

Miller High Life Light brewed by Miller Brewing Co., with an ABV of 4.5% This brew pours out a nice amber color with a nice white head. High Life Light has the look of most light Lager on the market. However it has a bit more of an ABV. The smell is rich with flavors. You pick up on grains, malts and some hops. It smells like beer, what more can I say. Now for the taste it is light with some grains and malts. There is nothing overpowering about Miller High Life Light, it is smooth going down. The mouthfeel is smooth clean and refreshing. This is not a brew with a lot of flavor however it is a nice drinking brew. Overall I'm giving Miller High Life Light a 3.75 out of 5. Miller High Life Light is what it is Light brew. Miller Brewing Co. did a nice job with this one I would buy this brew again. (812 characters)

Lots of haters on this one bringing the score down. However, I'm a firm believer in rating things based on what they are. I appreciate a great craft beer, and have often been called a beer snob. But this is not a craft beer. Therefore, it should not be rated like a craft beer.

So, of all the cheap beers out there (including MGD, Bud, Coors, High Life, Pabst, etc., etc., etc.), High Life and High Life Light are my go-tos. They have more flavor than most, go down smooth, and taste reasonably good (and refreshing) when really cold.

At room temperature, I'll pass. But throw one in the freezer for awhile, and you will take out a decent tasting beer for those weeks when money's tight. Founders it ain't. But it is one of the better BudMilloors products. (770 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +94.4%

Crisp refreshing beer for a nice evening at home or out with friends. (69 characters)

4.08/5  rDev +62.5%

What do you look for in an american macro lager. You look for something that's crisp, refreshing, smooth, and mildly bitter. Check check check check. This beer is what one would look for in a light lager. Has a faint smell, but at least i smell something. I can't smell anything in a lot of light lagers. Great head retention and a nice pale yellow. Taste is remarkably smooth. Mouthfeel is amazing just so well carbonated its crazy. I could pound these all night.
So what if it's not some bitter harsh beer that you have to acquire a taste for over time. This beer is what it is. It wasn't made to be anything else. It was made to have low calories and still be refreshing with not too much of a watered down taste. That's exactly what it is. Don't let your arrogance get in the way of having a beer you can just pound down and be refreshed by.

Good job Miller High Life Light (881 characters)

2.53/5  rDev +0.8%

Coming out of a 12oz bottle into a pilsner glass

A - Well, it's a typical adjunct, with that regular ol' straw color

S - Not much going on, a faint malty sweetness with a touch o' corn

T - Hell, for an American adjunct light, this aint too bad. Not much taste, again, a corny -malty sweetness is the overriding flavor. You cant expect a whole lot from any of these light beers.

M - Once again, pretty weak ( especially after sampling a Chimay White beforehand )

O - Is there REALLY any point in reviewing a beer like this ? Well, I guess there is. We all know just about what to expect with this beer. It really comes down to " How does it compare to other American adjunct lights ?."...Well, for me personally, I'd take it over Miller Lite, Bud Light, and certainly Coors Light...

Give it a shot...If you gotta' go light... (830 characters)

3.03/5  rDev +20.7%

Look, it's a cheap beer and nothing is going to change that. As cheap beers go, though, it's one of my favorites. I have two types of beer that I keep in stock: Everyday beer and weekend beer. The everyday beer is one that I drink Monday through Thursday nights when doing work in the evening, yard work, or simply relaxing, and Miller High Life Light is that beer. (Miller Light - ugh. I call it Vanilla Miller - no taste at all.)

I've tried so many varieties of cheap beer, from Steel Reserve (which I think should be banned if only because it's the worst beer I've ever tasted) to PBR to Bud Light to Rolling Rock to Natty Light and so on. I'd prefer "whole" beer (vs. light), but when beer is one of your favorite things in the world, and you don't always exercise or eat like you should, you have to make a few compromises to keep things in check ... like your weight. When it comes down to cheap beer, though, what it really comes down to is drinking what agrees with your taste buds. It doesn't have to be the best, simply pleasing.

This is not a review to defend it or say it's one everyone should try, only to say it suits me. Sure, there are at least three dozen beers I like much, much better, but my budget and my waistline tell me, "Oh, hell no." So, is it a great beer? Not to me. Is it a good beer? I say yes, it is, and it's fine for everyday consumption. Am I going to examine its color, head, nose, etc.? No and, besides, you already have an opinion.

If you haven't tried it and are looking for an everyday beer, pick up a six and try it. Having a good-sized party? It and Miller High Life (for your light-beer-adverse guests) are great choices and few people - if any - are going to turn them down. (1,720 characters)

3.3/5  rDev +31.5%

Appearance: (From can poured into a pint glass): Golden with moderate carbonation bubbles, white head.

Smell: Grainy, Malty

Taste: People may disagree with me, but I have to say that out of all of the cheap priced beers, Miller High Life Light is my favorite. I will go even further than that and say that I prefer this over Coors Light, and I like it as much as Bud Light. There's just a smooth taste here that doesn't leave me with a bitter aftertaste in my mouth like so many other cheap light beers. A fairly tasty beer with perfect grain and malt mixtures; crispy finish. I guess what I appreciate the most is that this beer is definitely no skunk like so many other cheap beers.

NOTE: for those who slagged Miller High Life Light in the review section, here's a trick: Try a can or bottle of this after it has been in a cooler full of ice cubes for a while until the cans/bottles are ice cold. Even better, pour into a frosty mug that's been in the freezer.

Mouthfeel: Mild and bubbly; the "Champagne of Beers" designation on the side may be overdoing things just a tad (that is on the non-lights as well, although truthfully there are a lot of better beers than this one, albeit much higher priced), but really the analogy is accurate in terms of mouthfeel because it is a pleasant swig.

Overall: Hey, everyone has their opinions; but for my budget being what it is; and my propensity to gain weight if I'm not careful (among regular beers, without worries to price or calorie content, Miller High Life/Miller High Life Light would rank very far down my list), Miller High Life Light cannot be beat. Easily a 3.25 overall, maybe even higher. (1,654 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +29.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

12 oz can poured into a lager glass.

A - Gold straw. One inch head with spotty lacing.

S - None

T - Cereal, corn, and light hops. Finishes nice and dry.

M - Light

O - Considering that I don't like light beers, this one has enough character to alert me to the fact that it IS a beer. Very smooth and drinkable. Refreshing, even. Miller wins again. (351 characters)

4.2/5  rDev +67.3%

In the cheap beer for summer time chugging category, this is a sure thing. It goes down so smooth, it's scary.

There are no "off" flavors. It's one of the few cheap beers that doesn't give you a gag reflex.

Regular Miller High Life is good too, but the Miller High Life Light is even better for thirst quenching.

I hear that Miller puts something in the beer to keep it from "skunking" up. Still, I have had some in the clear bottles that have slight skunk. So I always go for the cans and pour in a glass.

This is the only cheap light beer worth drinking. (560 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +45.4%

One of the better Lights Beers.

LOOK
A good looking beer but a step down from regular High Life in appearance. Moderate head that dissipates quickly but with decent lacing. Clear, light golden body with moderate carbonation.

SMELL
Mild. Neutral. Clean. Rice and corn?

TASTE
Light. Clean. Sweet grain. Light balancing dryness (barely).

FEEL
Crisp. Watery. Mild grainy body. A little sweet. Faint hint of dryness. Super drinkable. Goes down smooth.

OVERALL
Tasters like a cross between Miller High Life and Michelob Ultra. Mildly flavorful and yet superbly smooth. Ice cold on a hot day this is hard to beat. A real thirst quencher. (652 characters)

2.56/5  rDev +2%

2.8/5  rDev +11.6%

Appearance - This is a pretty light straw in color with a bright white head that showed surprising retention. This looks better than the non-light version.

Smell - There's a pleasant light grain aroma that again seems more intense than the regular MHL.

Taste - The grain came through pretty well at the tongue but with a slight stale aftertaste.

Mouthfeel - This light-bodied low-cal cervesa has some nice carbonation.

Drinkability - This was refreshing and one of the better light beers that I've had. (506 characters)

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%

2.25/5  rDev -10.4%

1.35/5  rDev -46.2%

High Life Original is my go to macro beer...why this travesty exists is beyond me. Pours a watery yellow with minimal head and not much character. Smells of pure grain and astringency. Flavor is really non existent with an off putting malt flavor and skunkiness making up the majority of the profile. Mouthfeel is very thin and the carbonation makes it seem even thinner. My least favorite of all light beers. (409 characters)

2.31/5  rDev -8%

I really don't enjoy this beer but it can be a necessary evil while in a social atmosphere. It's a nice beer if you're at a friends party or out at a local bar with the guys. However, it is by no means a sipping beer. I like it better than bud light. Needless to say, it's one of the better macro beers out there. (313 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +49.4%

3.1/5  rDev +23.5%

Just an average light beer here. Not atrocious, yet nothing grand. I would have to class it well above bud light. At 4.5 it's slightly higher alcohol than most light beers, but isnt noticably harsh. Very light pale taste, bland almost lifeless smell. (250 characters)

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%

Miller High Life Light from Miller Brewing Co.