Miller High Life Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High Life LightMiller High Life Light

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-16-2001

only time i will drink this is if I'm rolling through atlanta and see a 40oz at the gas station of it. other then that i wouldn't give this to my horses

Look-It is as clear as is its deception on your palate. Light yellow colors like piss and nothing special.

Smell-It smells like a beer that you should not let touch your tongue.

Taste-It tastes like you really shouldn’t have tasted this beer. Your nose was trying to save you from a catastrophe.

Mouthfeel-It feels like sticky garbage and once again this is just punishment for drinking this awful beer.

Overall-I cannot be more clear than DO NOT DRINK THIS!

1.02/5  rDev -57.1%

well welcome to another college beer with no taste, smell and overall flat mouthfeel. Great beer for college kids looking for $7 deal for a 12 pack. utterly disgusted to call this a beer. Being a DIPA lover, this is not my style. This beer is good for someone who needs a cheap beer...fast...and make sure to get tums for the morning. This guy does not sit well

1.11/5  rDev -53.4%

A - Poured a straw color with a bubbly white head that goes away very fast

S - Hops and nastyness be careful

T - Oh wow! I can say that I never had a beer that tasted like this ever.

M - Theres a lot of carbonation in this one

D - I don't know how people drink this I have this bottle leftover from having a bunch of people over last night I hope one never gets left in my fridge again.

1.11/5  rDev -53.4%

Reviewed from notes.

Straw yellow with a white head which vanishes quickly. I wish I could describe the aroma, but there is not much. Just a whiff of corn.

This taste has some corn, a bit of skunk, and also a bit of a metallic taste. Light bodied, thin and watery, and too much carbonation. This is just nasty. Thankfully I did not have to pay for this, it was offered to me at a get together.

1.18/5  rDev -50.4%

The color and carbonation are the best points for this beer. Begins with a solid foamy head that disappears very quickly, with a bit of lace throughout. Hoppy aroma along with an odd chemical smell that I am hard pressed to describe. Overall, very little taste, other than the hoppiness, its just like carbonated water.

1.2/5  rDev -49.6%

Each macro does have a beer I can drink and if it's the only thing available I can enjoy. I was at a bar that only had macros and thought I was getting a Miller High Life. This beer had an off color, tasted like creamed corn soda or something and had a watery fizzy unpleasant mouthfeel. This is one I flat out could not drink. High Life itself is pretty light, no need to go lighter.

1.25/5  rDev -47.5%

Comes off super light, like someone spilled cheap yellow beer into water. No head. No lace. Aroma was metallic earthy. Off putting.

Taste, not much there, carbonation, water and aluminum, have to wonder what this tastes like out of the can. Hops = nonexistant. Any flavor notes are all a turn off. Even regular high life seems miles superior to this. The only saving grace is that the actual flavor is so minimal, the negative aspects are at least diluted with lots of water.

1.25/5  rDev -47.5%

There are not too many things I can say about this besides...iccckkk! Here is the situation in which I find myself drinking this beer:

Hot August Day
On a jet boat in the sun
2pm in the afternoon

Now, there are not too many things that could wipe the grin off my face besides this beer. To be totally honest, the taste is something that I have never come across in a shitty beer. Compared to regular high life (actually Ok in the macro world) this was like an old horse that needed to be shot!

1.28/5  rDev -46.2%

Poured into a pint glass.

A: Pours a very clear light yellow color. Fizzy white head struggled to hang around, but ultimately failed.

S: Dry, crisp scent of pale malt and corn. Also present is something quite unpleasant that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Perhaps the smell brought out a lot of repressed memories from my college days, but it wasn't good.

T: Very shallow taste. I picked up some harsh graininess and perhaps a smattering of hop flavor, but I really struggled to taste anything.

M: Very thin with a lot of carbonation. The beer was there for a second or two, and then it was washed away. It's almost like it doesn't want me to know it was there.

D: I suppose it goes down easy enough, and one could drink this all night, provided you can stand the taste...

...Unfortunately, this is not one that I enjoyed. The tiny smidgen of smell and taste present are not very pleasant. This beer borders on foul, but the word that consistently comes to mind is "shallow." Not quite at the bottom of my list, but pretty damn close.

1.35/5  rDev -43.3%

High Life Original is my go to macro beer...why this travesty exists is beyond me. Pours a watery yellow with minimal head and not much character. Smells of pure grain and astringency. Flavor is really non existent with an off putting malt flavor and skunkiness making up the majority of the profile. Mouthfeel is very thin and the carbonation makes it seem even thinner. My least favorite of all light beers.

1.35/5  rDev -43.3%

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and grabbed a case of these instead of regular High Life's...Boy was I sorry. Not a great tasting beer at all. I hate to describe a beer as skunky or as Piss but these fit the bill. I just couldn't get over the first initial taste and things just got worse from there. I'd avoid these like a screaming case of Herpes.

1.36/5  rDev -42.9%

From the 32 oz. can. Into a tulip glass. Three fingers of head, low retention rate. Almost clear (lightest straw color) body.
Smells like my breath after a night of drinking light beers. Kinda grainy but in the worst way.
Taste sickly sweet with a mild grain. Watery and lacking flavor.
Light body with moderate carbonation.
The Champagne of Beers should not be done in a "Light" version.

1.4/5  rDev -41.2%

Can't explain this atrocity. Just God awful and had to pour it out. It had the taste of heartburn going down and littered my throat with the feeling you get after drinking a lemony drink, like you have to spit or, at worst, throw up. Got some from a relative and tried to force three down. Couldn't do it and poured the last one down the drain. Funny thing is, I have one more in the second fridge and no one who comes over will drink it!

1.47/5  rDev -38.2%

12 oz can into a pint glass

A: Light. Yellow. Slightly more deep in color than Coors Light, etc.

S: Light. Adjunct.

T: Light. Bad.

M: Light. Carbonated.

D: Not for me. I love my wife's relatives for giving me the chance to try and review these gems.

1.48/5  rDev -37.8%

I'm going to be very careful not to use obscenities when describing this beer....

It smells really f'ing bad. No malt or hops in the nose at all! Just some popcorn butter (diacetyl?)....
It pours really f'ing bad. Like a sprite with yellow food coloring.
It tastes really friggin bad. Take a Budweiser and mix it half/half with water. Yeah... it's that bad. No malt, no hops, just a little corn flavor.

Mouthfeel and drinkability a little higher score... go figure.

Take care of yourself and the environment - pour these on your lawn. Your grass will love the stuff.

1.5/5  rDev -37%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Clearly on the shallow end of the beer gene pool....this beer serves no purpose other than the obvious: get someone drunk without any taste or flavor to slow the process down. I grabbed this one by mistake out of a cooler at a picnic....a sad day indeed.

The beer pours pale and light with very little head. The aroma is corn, sourness, and a slight sugary sweetness. The taste is watery with some corn sweetness and a slight hop bite. All in all this is about as low as I am willing to go anymore. There must be worse beers out there, but I hope I never run across them

1.5/5  rDev -37%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ah yes, I'm really living the high life now. A light lager in one hand and a garden hose in the other. This is an extra clear yellow with not much of a white head. Not much of a nose either. Possibly some corn water? The flavor profile is flat with again corn and some grains. A watery and fizzy body make me want to feed this to the flowers. I won't though in fear they might die. Chug, chug, chug.

1.53/5  rDev -35.7%

OKAY so its macro-swill, but its the low cal version of the best macro-swill available. High Life Light is thin and watery but actually sort of has a flavor. Well okay, so its isn't so much a flavor as it is a lack of bad taste. In fact its more like a lack of taste. F+ beer. I've had worse, much worse in fact but I'm not proud of it.

1.53/5  rDev -35.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

O.K. Why bother. I don't care for regular High Life and this contributed to my High Life dislike. Very watery with a chemical-type aftertaste. I know High Life and its cousins are near and dear to some, but folks, this is not a good beer.

1.55/5  rDev -34.9%

A pretty girl in a large-brimmed hat sits on the crescent moon, holding a glass of beer, and...does she beckon to ME? Shall I climb aboard the starry station, and join her in beery bliss...is this ambrosia the same that she holds aloft? I'm going to find out!
Crystal clear, pure yellow...Crayola couldn't beat this yellowness, it holds the patent...yup, that's yellow! With a big, though brief bunch of foam, delicate laciness, spectre-white.
Aroma: open, airy, in other words, nothing, big, fat, nada.
Taste: I'm sorry, what was the question? Water has more character, and is more refreshing...transparency exploded exponentially, this is a ghost of a shade of a whisper of a beer...soggy, corny, utterly vapid....body is lightness to the max, finish is nothing, taste doesn't count...a waste...why drink this? Why? If anyone has the answer, please don't hesitate to inform me...I live to learn...

1.57/5  rDev -34%

They actually made a light version of one of the lightest beers I had ever had, now this I just had to try. Served cold and poured into a pint glass, I finished the night off with this one on 8/16/2010.

The pour was your classic light golden hay color with lots of carbonation and a decent head of white that had it stayed around longer then five seconds might have actually worked a little bit. Aroma is non existent, all I smell was air, maybe light corn in there and a touch of grain, but seriously this had to be the lightest example of anything I had come across. Skunked flavor that really just had nothing going for it other then the fact I could notice it. Clean, with ample carbonation it was gone from the palate as soon as it entered. Not something I could really recommend to anyone, anytime soon.

Overall I will have to give it a pass, not worth the time on this one, things can get too light people.

1.57/5  rDev -34%

Almost invisible gold, if such a color existed. Ran out of good beer and needed one more to watch the postgame of the Super Bowl. If you are ever in a pinch and need that one last beer to get you through the night and don't care then this still shouldn't be it. Aside from no smell, there is a sharp adjunct tast and it is not smooth like most crappy macros at least. In fact, this dried out my tongue on the backbite (felt like a burn the first time). This could end up being the worst beer I've ever had, although that distinction is held for a certain light beer w/ incessant advertising and a malt liquor that made me sick.

1.62/5  rDev -31.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Can't say much as I drank it from the can, but I am sure I can take a wild guess and say it looked like piss with no head.

S: Zero

T: Just like every other macro but it isn't the worst of them all. As far as a macro goes it isn't half bad if you wanna play beer pong, do a keg stand, or shotgun one of these.

D: A good beer to chug and quickly move on.

1.62/5  rDev -31.9%

Tried it on-tap at the local hick-bar awhile ago. Sucks to be broke, stuck drinking down this crap. Looks awful. No foam at all, ever. Looks flat and watery. I cant notice even a touch of real carbonation. Did somebody put an ice cube in my beer? The smell is grainy, watery, crappy. Ditto on the taste. It actually doesnt really taste like much, making it quite easy to drink if you're in need of a quick buzz. The mouthfeel is watery, but atleast it goes down easy. There is a touch of carbonation, differring from what the appearance led me to believe. Anyways, pretty shitty, but if you're low on cash it will do the trick. In my opinion its atleast a hair better than regular High Life.

Miller High Life Light from Miller Brewing Co.