Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

to view more.
Ratings: 608 | Reviews: 159
3.25/5  rDev +82.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Don't like light beers. Beast light is watery and inoffensive. Meh. For just 30 calories more, I could have had Beast Premium.

Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this beer's head is 0 fingers thick with no lacing,and a clear golden body.

I smell faint corn and funk notes.

Tastes like pretty much the same elements as described above, but even more faint.

This brew's mouthfeel is clean and smooth.

Overall, I'll give Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co. a solid 3.

3.06/5  rDev +71.9%

Milwaukee's Best Light brewed by Miller Brewing Co.,this brew has an ABV of 4.20% This brew pours out a nice golden amber color, with a small white head. The smell is sweet, with grains and malts. Nothing bad so far, now for the the taste. The taste is mild with flavor, and taste. You pick up on grains and some malts. There is also a watery taste in this brew. Not much in the taste of this brew, but it is ok. There is nothing overpowering about Milwaukee's Best Light, this is a nice drinking light brew. The mouthfeel of Milwaukee's Best Light is smooth and crisp. Nothing bad about this brew. It is what it is a light brew. This is a a brew that would go down nice and smooth on a hot summer day. Overall I'm giving Milwaukee's Best Light a 3.25 out of 5.

1.29/5  rDev -27.5%

Pretty horrifying but if you've already had a lot to drink, I suppose it goes down easily enough.

3.63/5  rDev +103.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Good cheap swill. I've ingested lots of it, but never stopped to "feel" it, sorry. Almost identical to Miller Lite, fwiw (also made by Miller)

1.6/5  rDev -10.1%

L- Pissy clear yellow.

S- Something reminiscent of a lager wafts from the glass. Very light on the aroma.

T- The taste is mostly water, has a grainy quality to it. Bland and uneventful.

F- Fizzy, poundable. Crisp.

O- Blech.

Anything lower than a negative 1?

1.04/5  rDev -41.6%

Bought a six pack and went to the beach. Poured on a pilsner glass. Looked like a watery yellow, pretty nasty. Smelled like corn and rice. Taste was the worst. Defenitely worst beer ive had in my life. I could give it a 0 but I cant. Just barely had 1 and gave the rest to some random guy at the beach. DONT DRINK THIS "BEER"

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Rock bottom. It's about as bad as Naty Lite.

1.7/5  rDev -4.5%

Pours a nice golden color with moderate carbonation and a lace of head. So far so good. Smells like all the other putrid adjunct lagers. Goes down kinda harsh, highly carbonated, dry and a little bitter. One of the worst adjunct lagers let alone light lagers...avoid

4.38/5  rDev +146.1%

Have you guys ever seen that movie with the dude who gets all mad and turns into a more jacked up dude that's kinda green? Yea? Well drinking Milwaukee's Best (Beast) is kinda like that but less green. Seriously I've never been to Milwaukee, but if this is what their beer is like it's probably a great place. Smooth, really, really crisp - balanced and well hopped. I'd say the abv is a little low for my purposes but when you're out with the boys it gets the job done. UNLEASH THE BEAST.

1.86/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

32oz aluminum can with generic label purchased at a gas station in Texas and served into a pilsner glass at low altitude in Austin, Texas. Reviewed live.

Expectations are low given the brewery. Served cold. Side-poured fairly gently as overcarbonation issues are anticipated.

No bubble show forms as it's poured.

HEAD: Four fingers in width. White in colour. Okay thickness. Not much creaminess. Decent frothiness. Retention is above average - about 3 minutes. No lacing sticks to the sides of the glass as the head recedes.

BODY: Clear watery yellow. Dull and bleak. No yeast particulate or hop sediment is visible within. Appears overcarbonated.

It's not a good looking beer by any means, but it's not awful looking either. Certainly average for the style.

AROMA: Pilsner malts, light buttery notes, and generic bland floral hop character. There's some graininess too. Doesn't have the metallic character I was expecting, but there does seem to be far too much sweetness.

It's an unpleasant but inoffensive aroma of average strength.

No yeast character, alcohol, spices, or egregious fof-notes are detectable.

TASTE: Graininess, pilsner malts, insipid floral hop character, a hint of metallic off-character, diacetyl-redolent buttery off-notes, off-putting sweetness, corn, cereals, and assorted off-notes I don't care to bother trying to identify.

No yeast character, pleasant hop notes, spices, or overt alcohol comes through.

Painfully simple. Imbalanced, poorly built, incohesive, and unpleasant. I don't like it much, but it's not the worst light lager I've had.

TEXTURE: Artificial. Metallic. Lightly coarse. Wet. Stale. Light-bodied. Off-puttingly buttery. Unrefreshing.

Not oily, gushed, hot, boozy, astringent, or harsh.

It's a trainwreck of a mouthfeel for a light lager, but it's not unendurable.

OVERALL: I've had worse. I definitely wouldn't pick this up again, and I'd caution others from trying it, but it's not poorly priced per se. I guess.

Low D-

3.85/5  rDev +116.3%

My fallback beer. Plenty of taste (I didn't say great taste) at least compared to keystone.

2.11/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear light gold body with slowly rising bubbles. Fizzy white head, surprisingly good lacing.

Aroma: Hints of whatever adjunct is in it, then tons of metal. Most metallic smelling beer I've ever put my nose to.

Taste: The opening teases with light grains, then it jumps off the cliff into the Sea of Metallic Tasting Beer.

Mouthfeel: Watery. Dry.

Overall: A far cry from Milwaukee's Best Premium. A far cry from anything.

3.44/5  rDev +93.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Mild lager. Decent taste. Has its pros and cons. Overall, not a terrible beer for the money. Got a 12 pack for $6. BA is terrible though. Definitely would want more than a 4.20% All these reviews about it being watery, I can understand seeing as how it's got a "Light" flavor, but it is tolerable.

1.26/5  rDev -29.2%

Tastes like water, if that's your kind of thing, go for some MBL. Haven't found many beers this cheap before. Wanted to check the BA rating to see how poorly it ranked and wasn't taken by surprise. Found this for $14 for a 30 rack. Bad, cheap, American Lager.
Probably not the best thing that comes out of Milwaukee, but who's to say?

1.84/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I bought this as an experiment. "How bad can it be?" I asked myself...

The answer: "Pretty bad".

Pretty foul overall. Cheap, but give me Yuengling Premium Light any day...

When a beer isn't even good for simmering brats....

3.44/5  rDev +93.3%

I'm pleasantly surprised!

When I picked up this cheap, bottom-line, economy beer, I was expecting little more than yellow soda water with a buzz. I poured a can into a pint glass, and to my surprise I found myself breathing in some honest-to-goodness grassy, citrussy hops. This hop character extends to the taste, combined with a noticeable taste of carbonation, finishing with the very faintest of grain.

All-in-all, this cheap light beer has some character! Not outstanding by any means, but given the price I'd say this is one the greatest values the beer aisle has to offer.

Citrussy, watery, refreshing, and an absolute bargain. This may be my new go-to summertime brew.

2.18/5  rDev +22.5%

12 ounce can
Served in a pilener glass

A - It is about as light as the color of urine after consuming 6+ of these beers. It is very light in color. It is barely yellow. Two inches of white head split shortly after the pour.

S - It has a sweet grass scent.

T - It tastes like urine after consuming 6+ of these beers. No, I would imagine urine has more flavor. When drinking it is almost devoid of flavor. Of course, I served it ice cold as recommended. I get a weird stale aftertaste.

M - It is watery. Although I feel like I have a coating on my tongue that is providing that horrible aftertaste.

O - It's a shitty light beer that has been in my fridge for three months. It was time to make room for better product. I will drink the other 7 after I am drunk sometime and need a water to sober up.

1.18/5  rDev -33.7%

This was the first beer I ever drank. For a little while, it was the best beer I've ever drank, until I had the second beer I had ever drank.

Didn't pour it out, it's the Beast, you don't pour it out. The little bit I spilled on the beer pong table was sort of a clear amber color, I think. Fizzed up a little bit on the dirty table. Fancy!

Smells like nothing.

Tastes like nothing, too. A little bit sweet, but basically alcoholic fizzy water. No malt flavor. No hops. No bitterness. No shame.

As it warms, this becomes masochistic. Don't let it warm.

Light bodied, what did you expect? Drinkable in the loosest sense of the word.

A real cult classic, one for the whole family, the feel good hit of the summer. Or something.

2.32/5  rDev +30.3%

For a really cheap beer, I thought it was actually better than I thought it was going to be. The first time I tried this was on a hot summers day after work in 2012. The special at the bar was " short pitcher of "the beast" for 3 dollars. The flavor of the beer was ok, but nothing special. The look of the beer actually varied from a dark brownish color to a light yellowish color. For a daily special at a bar it wasn't a terrible bargain or price, but as of rating it was.

2.17/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

A - Very clear yellow with a huge adjunct style white head. Left no lacing.

S - Skunk, sour malt, A bit of creamed corn and rice soon follows.

T - Slight creamed corn is virtually the whole flavor. At least it tastes like something.

M - Light bodied with medium carbonation.

O - Overall, Probably the best out of the " Milwaukee " series. I'd have at a party.

4.74/5  rDev +166.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I recently enjoyed copious amounts of Milwaukee's Best Light with an expiration date of Feb-04-13.

Poured into a pilsner pint glass, nice foamy head.

Smells of rich hops and mahogany, and tastes as smooth as its name. For the price it's the most flavorful light beer a sensible man can buy.

I would much rather choose a Milwaukee's Best Light out of my cooler than a Bud Light.

If you're looking for a cheap beer which and you will be consuming large amounts of said beer, this is the one for you.

2.11/5  rDev +18.5%

Served in an Ohio State shaker pint glass.

Spelunky. Spelunky. Spelunky. Spelunky. God, am I garbage here... Anyway, this stuff pours a clear pale sallow topped by a finger of white foam. The nose comprises light flowers, mild grass, and a decent amount of soap. The taste brings in more of the same, along with some decidedly funky wheat. The end result is an odd melange of metallic, sour, and bitter. Suffice it to say, it doesn't taste good at all. The body is pretty light, with a moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, a depressing offering, one I don't hope to tangle with again any time soon.

1.71/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pils glass from a 12 oz. can. The official brew of my dad and thus the official brew of me back in my thieving highschool days.

2.5 A: Clear yellow color. This is actually a good bit darker than most of its bretheren. Two fingers of frothy white head that didn't last very long, but did leave a few whisps of lacing.

1.5 S: There's no getting around the fact that this doesn't smell good. Big rice component and without much in the way of malt. Hops aren't even worth mentioning, but I just did, so oh well.

1.5 T: It's definitely as bland as the nose, but it doesn't taste as ricey as you would expect. That said, there's still no sign of malt or hops. A sorry excuse for beer.

3.0 M: Light body (obviously), but it's not too bad overall. It's quite creamy for how light it is. The carbonation is high, but not as obnoxiously high as some.

1.5 D: It is what it is. I'm just glad I'm not in highschool anymore.

to view more.
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.