1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

awful

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002)
View: Beers (26) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 463 | Reviews: 145 | Show All Ratings:
DHmtber687

4.78/5  rDev +164.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I recently enjoyed copious amounts of Milwaukee's Best Light with an expiration date of Feb-04-13.

Poured into a pilsner pint glass, nice foamy head.

Smells of rich hops and mahogany, and tastes as smooth as its name. For the price it's the most flavorful light beer a sensible man can buy.

I would much rather choose a Milwaukee's Best Light out of my cooler than a Bud Light.

If you're looking for a cheap beer which and you will be consuming large amounts of said beer, this is the one for you.

02-02-2013 02:18:56 | More by DHmtber687
beanbagg

3.73/5  rDev +106.1%

Let me start of by saying this review won't help anybody. The "Beast" is what it is. This isn't the beer you bring to your girlfriends parents house to impress her dad. This beer requires everyone to turn of the beer snob and get blacked out, try to hook-up and then try to piece it all together the next morning. If you have to drink a light beer, this is as good as any. I am a little older and pretty much only drink dank beers now but I am not above drinking Beast in July with my old buddies. Go Flyers

01-18-2008 04:14:22 | More by beanbagg
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

3.63/5  rDev +100.6%

Milwaukee’s Best Light has a very thick, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a good amount of bubbles streaming up. Some lacing is left down the glass, also. The aroma is a surprising floral hop smell, with clean water as well. Taste is sweet, light, watery, grainy, and smooth. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Milwaukee’s Best Light finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and mild. Overall, this beer stands toe to toe with some of the larger players in the category. For a light beer, it’s a good value.

RJT

10-11-2011 20:28:24 | More by RonaldTheriot
dlcunionmo

Missouri

3.55/5  rDev +96.1%

What can I say, for the price, $8/case this is not a bad beer. It tastes best in the summertime after working in the yard but overall it's not as bad as some of the other reviews. The color is a light gold with a mild smell and not much of a head when poured into a glass. I prefer the darker micro brews but when drinking the lighter lower cal beers the biggest difference between the hometown Bud Light and this beer is price, about half as much as Bud Light.

12-04-2005 21:24:10 | More by dlcunionmo
jaytwo

3.5/5  rDev +93.4%

Well this is my standard 30 rack beer. When I go to the store trying to pick up a lot of cheep beer to get drunk with the roomates, if they are out of pabst blue ribbon, this is my second choice. I find it better than busch light and keystone light, and a few other random cheap 30 rack beers.

The appearance, pours that delicious pale yellow color. The head will stick for about a minute and leave some lacing. Not that with a beer like this im expecting a beautiful appearance, you get what you pay for, lol.

Smell, yeah smells like most cheap beers ya know.

taste, has some taste not much really, pleasant for a cheep bear though.

mouthfeel- whatever.

drinkability, I can put away 20 of these in a night.... so thats that.

09-26-2008 05:09:32 | More by jaytwo
bear2255

3.44/5  rDev +90.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Mild lager. Decent taste. Has its pros and cons. Overall, not a terrible beer for the money. Got a 12 pack for $6. BA is terrible though. Definitely would want more than a 4.20% All these reviews about it being watery, I can understand seeing as how it's got a "Light" flavor, but it is tolerable.

03-19-2014 19:59:06 | More by bear2255
matty

3.4/5  rDev +87.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Light yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste are light adjuncts.Smooth and when ice cold is really a hell of a beer.The perfect summer outing beer.Highly recommended for outdoor activities of all kinds.This is something that I always have and always will purchase.

08-23-2009 01:38:07 | More by matty
TasteThePainbow88

3.4/5  rDev +87.8%

I'm pleasantly surprised!

When I picked up this cheap, bottom-line, economy beer, I was expecting little more than yellow soda water with a buzz. I poured a can into a pint glass, and to my surprise I found myself breathing in some honest-to-goodness grassy, citrussy hops. This hop character extends to the taste, combined with a noticeable taste of carbonation, finishing with the very faintest of grain.

All-in-all, this cheap light beer has some character! Not outstanding by any means, but given the price I'd say this is one the greatest values the beer aisle has to offer.

Citrussy, watery, refreshing, and an absolute bargain. This may be my new go-to summertime brew.

04-24-2013 16:04:42 | More by TasteThePainbow88
bgreg3

Indiana

3.3/5  rDev +82.3%

12 oz can poured into a pilsner glass I got for my birthday.

Pours a very light gold but not completely see though , (it may be the glass). Nice foam head sticks around quite sometime for light lager.

Smells like corn malt malted barely, not quite the best smell in the world, just like any other light beer.

Taste- Malted barely some hop presence is there and also some cor presence, impressive, best light beer i've had, note I am competely keeping the style in mind because all I use to drink was light adjuct lagers and this one , it's doing the trick.

MF- Very light body with incredible crispness, very refreshing. which on turn makes this a very easy drinker.

I like it.

07-14-2009 00:20:03 | More by bgreg3
jbennett1919

3.25/5  rDev +79.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Pours a light yellow with very little lingering head.

Smells of grains and corn.

The taste is light, watery, grainy with some malts and very little hops.

The mouthfeel is like drinking water, but crisp and refreshing.

This beer is too damn drinkable. This beer is my closet indulgence that I love to drink on a hot day, while mowing the lawn, or with friends on summer days when planning to imbibe many. I love my micros, but this is the cheap macro that I always fall back on for an enjoyable drinking experience. I always have it on hand and probably always will.

08-31-2009 02:11:50 | More by jbennett1919
mentor

Colorado

3.2/5  rDev +76.8%

Can provided amid a bunch of stuff given to me for volunteering at 2005 GABF. Uhm, thanks guys, I really appreciate the opportunity. Stamp on the bottom reads 01026 E11862. Pours a two finger white and soda-like head over a clear pale straw orange liquid. The head settles stickily and is fed by a few streamers. Smells noticably malty sweet and with floral hop aroma. It's weak, but much stronger than I was expecting. The sweet is fairly non-descript. Corn and wet cardboard. The hops are light, like a Hallertauer. Tastes watery with a very mild sweet, pizza crust (imagine a really thin and cardboardy crust that's got no toppings), and a noticable hop flavor in the tongue. The hops come on stronger in the back of the throat during the aftertaste. Carbonation is only md-heavy, but still contributes a bit of sting to the flavor. Especially in the aftertaste, where it comes across as iron. thin body but with some dextrinous cling. Simple and much better than I was anticipating. I'd never buy this beer for my fridge, but I wouldn't turn one down. Judged to style, not my preferences.

10-14-2005 04:19:01 | More by mentor
tempo013

3.15/5  rDev +74%

not the greatest beer ever and probably not in the top 1000 but it is a beer with exceptional drinkability. The appearance and smell are pretty poor but the mouthfeel and drinkability help a little. its a very cheap beer usually costing about 14-15 bucks. not good for sipping, only for college parties where you wanna get a cheap buzz.

09-30-2007 19:41:38 | More by tempo013
larsee01

3.13/5  rDev +72.9%

12 oz can poured into pint glass

A--Rips out of can with aggressive carbonation. Pale, light color with ascending bubbles. Head stuck around to say hello, but is dissapating and without really any lacing.

S--Earthy, adjuncty, a touch skunky/sour wit a touch of breadiness. All aforementioned are pretty weak. Smells like High Life's less "put-together" roommate.

T--Tastes....kinda ok! Very much on the light side. Adjuncty sweetness/corn meal as expected. Not much of an aftertaste, but certainly palatable. Taste is different and better than smell. No skunkiness or bitterness.

M--Light, clean, watery. It says it's brewed for a refreshing, clean taste. Mission accomplished I suppose.

D--I only have 1, and I'm only having one. This one is going down nicely, so I'm seeing the drinkablilty side of this. I'm wondering about the next day after-effects if I'd settle into a serious session.

04-09-2009 02:36:10 | More by larsee01
SDbeerguy

3.13/5  rDev +72.9%

Maybe it's "The Beast" marketing slogan. Maybe it's the insanely cheap price tag. Whatever it is, this beer tends to be met with a reaction of surprise if you buy it, or say you enjoy it. Let's be real though, this is the king of the bottom of the line beers.

It does taste very carbonated in the can, but not to a point where it's unbearable. Poured into a pint glass, the flavor disappears which is disappointing. The color is a poor urinary yellow and the head doesn't linger more than anyone would expect.

The drinkability is what gets me and many others...out of the can anyway. It's not bitter as many of the bad cheapos are. It's even borderline refreshing. The Milwaukee's Best brand seems to be a cult following and its drinkers are almost proud to be so. Count me in as a follower.

12-08-2009 00:34:36 | More by SDbeerguy
IrishRedRock

3.08/5  rDev +70.2%

Ah, Beast light. "Classic Taste at its best"....Not really, but around here it is the cheapest 30 case around, so I have spent more money on this than any other beer. It gets us all as wasted as we want to be for a minimum price. It's extremely carbonated, and has often been known to make people run around naked and pee on things. Not a great beer, but hey, you get what you pay for. Regardless, I am having one right now.

04-17-2002 14:11:38 | More by IrishRedRock
Pegasus

2.93/5  rDev +61.9%

I find it difficult to say much of substance about Milwaukee's Best Light. Nothing distinguishes it as being terrible or excellent. I suppose that mediocre will do. Rather bubbly at the start, though the head will disappear within a minute or two. Cheap and perfectly suitable for making a lager and lime and a reasonable choice to offer to friends who are not connoisseurs of fine beers.

03-23-2002 19:27:32 | More by Pegasus
Jason

2.93/5  rDev +61.9%

Presentation: 12 oz sliver, white and blue can with no freshness date.

Appearance: Perfect ultra-filtered clarity in an extremely pale yellow brew, the white lace clings to the glass for a bit.

Smell: Odd twang from the cereal grains and minute use of hops. Smells of cooked corn grits.

Taste: Very light bodied with an upfront and quick crispness that is aimed to quench. Little malt flavour, its hard to find. Cereal grains are more abundant with a cooked veggie flavour. Mild yet growing astringency, hops are faint and difficult to pinpoint. Odd feeling in the mouth as it dry and leaves a grain husk that is bone dry.

Notes: At $7.99 a 30 pack what do you expect, cured my thrist on a hot day but then I had to switch to an other beer.

07-14-2003 18:30:43 | More by Jason
brewcore

South Carolina

2.93/5  rDev +61.9%

Poured from a can into a pint glass.

A: Clear gold in color. Darker than most light beers. Yields a two finger white head that quickly fades into a thin sheet on the top of the beer. A few carbonation bubbles rise up the glass. Surprising amount of lacing for a light beer.

S: Typical adjuncts of rice and corn. A little bit of alcohol. Not getting as much funk as other light beers.

T: Moderate sweetness. Just a little bit of hop bitterness. Faint sourness. Quite a bit of flavor going on for a light beer.

M: Medium body with moderate carbonation. Not too light at all.

O: Peasantly surprised by this beer. I have been on the hunt for a go to light beer and this one is not disappointing. Solid taste and mouthfeel for a light beer. If you are looking for a light beer that does not taste too light for an American adjunct light lager give this one a try. Above average for the style.

03-07-2012 23:32:09 | More by brewcore
BadRockBeer

Colorado

2.9/5  rDev +60.2%

Appearance: Light straw, Crystal clear. One finger head that diminished quickly leaving little to no lace.

Smell: Lightly hop kind of lacking strength.

Taste: Bitter, acidic, light hops. Defiantly has a hint of corn. Clean finish with little after taste.

Mouthfeel: Watery, Light extremely carbonated.

Drinkability: One could drink many of these if he did not desire flavor and complexity. I found it rather tasteless and boring.

01-22-2007 23:16:28 | More by BadRockBeer
BierFan

2.85/5  rDev +57.5%

Poued from a 12 ounce can into a pint glass.

Appearance: Very thin white head on a clear pale yellow body. Very average for the style.

Smell: Extremely light use of hops. Cereal grains. The smell is barely there, which is kinda the point of light beers.

Taste: What I said of the smell is also true of the taste. Sweet cereal grains, almost nonexistent hops.

05-07-2010 01:27:27 | More by BierFan
bundy462

2.85/5  rDev +57.5%

A: Light yellow with not much head retention, looks like straw.

S: Pretty much grains and nothing else.

T: Sweet grain taste, not much malt or hops.

M: Thin, but isn't that the point with a light beer?

O: You can drink these all night with no problem.

06-20-2010 01:11:41 | More by bundy462
jasonjlewis

2.83/5  rDev +56.4%

I bought this cause I was about to leave my hometown back home and only needed an 18 pack. I was like eh I used to drink beast all the time, tried beast light once, but don't remember it. I'll try it again. All i remembered was that I liked beast like better. My friends who accept my miller lite were like nah man that shit is nasty the beast oh my god. I laughed cause this has less flavor than miller light.
smell average
appearance very nice color for a light beer, but a lot of freaking head.
taste was watered down and sort of dry aftertaste. Not good but not bad. EH
mouthfeel was average, nothing too great, nothing too bad
i could drink this if i wanted to be cheap and get drunk.

06-08-2006 04:18:29 | More by jasonjlewis
Strix

Wisconsin

2.75/5  rDev +51.9%

Not much smell. Heck, not much taste either. While I can say the taste that this beer does has is not really objectionable, there's really not much there. It's just this side of water. Although I suppose it's drinkable if you were thirsty, but you could do much better.

10-07-2007 04:40:19 | More by Strix
ZAP

2.73/5  rDev +50.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Re-rate(forgot I had rated this before).

Not as bad as I had it pegged...actually looks decent...nose is basic cooked corn and cereal grains....body is light but doesn't seem to be in teh coors light category for lightness....actually a pleasant little sweetness to the flavor....clean..easy drinking...not bad for a light beer and the price...it would be interesting to do a blind taste test with this...Lite....and MGD Lite and High Life Lite and see which comes out in front....not much difference between the four if you ask me...
----Review 5-4-02---

Went to a party tonight...this was what was served...popped about 10...if you rate this against the bottom of the barrel price beers it's above average..the best thing about it is it doesn't taste horrible (A ringing endorsement huh)..it has very little smell, body, or taste but it doesn't offend you...Like I told the wife just now..I had about 10 but don't feel affected much and would much rather have 3 good bock's instead. If I was looking for a beer that I could drink a ton of without it actually tasting bad this would be ok....A really watered down low taste beer that like I said doesn't offend, but lacks everything that is good about beer.

12-23-2004 05:05:28 | More by ZAP
mashedpotatoes

2.73/5  rDev +50.8%

Appearance is watered down tinkle yellow. The head pillows up real big and nice then dies off almost as fast. The smell is nearly non-existant, taste is surprisingly less offensive than the other ultra-cheap beers. I found this much more tolerable than that of Natural Light and Busch Light and even PBR! (back off fanboys, that trash is uber-swill!!). There is a tad of metallic aftertaste but it doesn't last long enough to bother. Mouthfeel is surprisingly smooth given the overall lack of flavor. Drinkability seems a bit high as it's so watered down and non-offensive. I could probably crush a 6-pack of tallboys and then get started on some real beer with no problem.

08-12-2008 01:14:42 | More by mashedpotatoes
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.