Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

awful

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Light Alström Bros

JobyBroBeerski, Mar 18, 2012

ibruss13, Tuesday at 07:38 PM
4.78/5  rDev +167%

I recently enjoyed copious amounts of Milwaukee's Best Light with an expiration date of Feb-04-13.

Poured into a pilsner pint glass, nice foamy head.

Smells of rich hops and mahogany, and tastes as smooth as its name. For the price it's the most flavorful light beer a sensible man can buy.

I would much rather choose a Milwaukee's Best Light out of my cooler than a Bud Light.

If you're looking for a cheap beer which and you will be consuming large amounts of said beer, this is the one for you.

DHmtber687, Feb 02, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +151.4%

Cody552, Dec 18, 2012

Hophead21, Oct 08, 2013
3.85/5  rDev +115.1%

My fallback beer. Plenty of taste (I didn't say great taste) at least compared to keystone.

Grand_Mastah_D, Sep 07, 2014
3.73/5  rDev +108.4%

Let me start of by saying this review won't help anybody. The "Beast" is what it is. This isn't the beer you bring to your girlfriends parents house to impress her dad. This beer requires everyone to turn of the beer snob and get blacked out, try to hook-up and then try to piece it all together the next morning. If you have to drink a light beer, this is as good as any. I am a little older and pretty much only drink dank beers now but I am not above drinking Beast in July with my old buddies. Go Flyers

beanbagg, Jan 18, 2008
3.63/5  rDev +102.8%

Milwaukee’s Best Light has a very thick, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a good amount of bubbles streaming up. Some lacing is left down the glass, also. The aroma is a surprising floral hop smell, with clean water as well. Taste is sweet, light, watery, grainy, and smooth. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Milwaukee’s Best Light finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and mild. Overall, this beer stands toe to toe with some of the larger players in the category. For a light beer, it’s a good value.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Oct 11, 2011
3.55/5  rDev +98.3%

What can I say, for the price, $8/case this is not a bad beer. It tastes best in the summertime after working in the yard but overall it's not as bad as some of the other reviews. The color is a light gold with a mild smell and not much of a head when poured into a glass. I prefer the darker micro brews but when drinking the lighter lower cal beers the biggest difference between the hometown Bud Light and this beer is price, about half as much as Bud Light.

dlcunionmo, Dec 04, 2005

cmbeddoe7997, Jun 23, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +95.5%

Well this is my standard 30 rack beer. When I go to the store trying to pick up a lot of cheep beer to get drunk with the roomates, if they are out of pabst blue ribbon, this is my second choice. I find it better than busch light and keystone light, and a few other random cheap 30 rack beers.

The appearance, pours that delicious pale yellow color. The head will stick for about a minute and leave some lacing. Not that with a beer like this im expecting a beautiful appearance, you get what you pay for, lol.

Smell, yeah smells like most cheap beers ya know.

taste, has some taste not much really, pleasant for a cheep bear though.

mouthfeel- whatever.

drinkability, I can put away 20 of these in a night.... so thats that.

jaytwo, Sep 26, 2008

Gemini6, Dec 05, 2013
3.44/5  rDev +92.2%

Mild lager. Decent taste. Has its pros and cons. Overall, not a terrible beer for the money. Got a 12 pack for $6. BA is terrible though. Definitely would want more than a 4.20% All these reviews about it being watery, I can understand seeing as how it's got a "Light" flavor, but it is tolerable.

bear2255, Mar 19, 2014
3.4/5  rDev +89.9%

I'm pleasantly surprised!

When I picked up this cheap, bottom-line, economy beer, I was expecting little more than yellow soda water with a buzz. I poured a can into a pint glass, and to my surprise I found myself breathing in some honest-to-goodness grassy, citrussy hops. This hop character extends to the taste, combined with a noticeable taste of carbonation, finishing with the very faintest of grain.

All-in-all, this cheap light beer has some character! Not outstanding by any means, but given the price I'd say this is one the greatest values the beer aisle has to offer.

Citrussy, watery, refreshing, and an absolute bargain. This may be my new go-to summertime brew.

TasteThePainbow88, Apr 24, 2013
3.4/5  rDev +89.9%

Light yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste are light adjuncts.Smooth and when ice cold is really a hell of a beer.The perfect summer outing beer.Highly recommended for outdoor activities of all kinds.This is something that I always have and always will purchase.

matty, Aug 23, 2009
3.3/5  rDev +84.4%

12 oz can poured into a pilsner glass I got for my birthday.

Pours a very light gold but not completely see though , (it may be the glass). Nice foam head sticks around quite sometime for light lager.

Smells like corn malt malted barely, not quite the best smell in the world, just like any other light beer.

Taste- Malted barely some hop presence is there and also some cor presence, impressive, best light beer i've had, note I am competely keeping the style in mind because all I use to drink was light adjuct lagers and this one , it's doing the trick.

MF- Very light body with incredible crispness, very refreshing. which on turn makes this a very easy drinker.

I like it.

bgreg3, Jul 14, 2009

Jameswoody, Jul 21, 2013

Glopez, Sep 01, 2012

chicagoish, Apr 14, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +81.6%

Pours a light yellow with very little lingering head.

Smells of grains and corn.

The taste is light, watery, grainy with some malts and very little hops.

The mouthfeel is like drinking water, but crisp and refreshing.

This beer is too damn drinkable. This beer is my closet indulgence that I love to drink on a hot day, while mowing the lawn, or with friends on summer days when planning to imbibe many. I love my micros, but this is the cheap macro that I always fall back on for an enjoyable drinking experience. I always have it on hand and probably always will.

jbennett1919, Aug 31, 2009
3.2/5  rDev +78.8%

Can provided amid a bunch of stuff given to me for volunteering at 2005 GABF. Uhm, thanks guys, I really appreciate the opportunity. Stamp on the bottom reads 01026 E11862. Pours a two finger white and soda-like head over a clear pale straw orange liquid. The head settles stickily and is fed by a few streamers. Smells noticably malty sweet and with floral hop aroma. It's weak, but much stronger than I was expecting. The sweet is fairly non-descript. Corn and wet cardboard. The hops are light, like a Hallertauer. Tastes watery with a very mild sweet, pizza crust (imagine a really thin and cardboardy crust that's got no toppings), and a noticable hop flavor in the tongue. The hops come on stronger in the back of the throat during the aftertaste. Carbonation is only md-heavy, but still contributes a bit of sting to the flavor. Especially in the aftertaste, where it comes across as iron. thin body but with some dextrinous cling. Simple and much better than I was anticipating. I'd never buy this beer for my fridge, but I wouldn't turn one down. Judged to style, not my preferences.

mentor, Oct 14, 2005
3.15/5  rDev +76%

not the greatest beer ever and probably not in the top 1000 but it is a beer with exceptional drinkability. The appearance and smell are pretty poor but the mouthfeel and drinkability help a little. its a very cheap beer usually costing about 14-15 bucks. not good for sipping, only for college parties where you wanna get a cheap buzz.

tempo013, Sep 30, 2007
3.13/5  rDev +74.9%

Maybe it's "The Beast" marketing slogan. Maybe it's the insanely cheap price tag. Whatever it is, this beer tends to be met with a reaction of surprise if you buy it, or say you enjoy it. Let's be real though, this is the king of the bottom of the line beers.

It does taste very carbonated in the can, but not to a point where it's unbearable. Poured into a pint glass, the flavor disappears which is disappointing. The color is a poor urinary yellow and the head doesn't linger more than anyone would expect.

The drinkability is what gets me and many others...out of the can anyway. It's not bitter as many of the bad cheapos are. It's even borderline refreshing. The Milwaukee's Best brand seems to be a cult following and its drinkers are almost proud to be so. Count me in as a follower.

SDbeerguy, Dec 08, 2009
3.13/5  rDev +74.9%

12 oz can poured into pint glass

A--Rips out of can with aggressive carbonation. Pale, light color with ascending bubbles. Head stuck around to say hello, but is dissapating and without really any lacing.

S--Earthy, adjuncty, a touch skunky/sour wit a touch of breadiness. All aforementioned are pretty weak. Smells like High Life's less "put-together" roommate.

T--Tastes....kinda ok! Very much on the light side. Adjuncty sweetness/corn meal as expected. Not much of an aftertaste, but certainly palatable. Taste is different and better than smell. No skunkiness or bitterness.

M--Light, clean, watery. It says it's brewed for a refreshing, clean taste. Mission accomplished I suppose.

D--I only have 1, and I'm only having one. This one is going down nicely, so I'm seeing the drinkablilty side of this. I'm wondering about the next day after-effects if I'd settle into a serious session.

larsee01, Apr 09, 2009
3.08/5  rDev +72.1%

Ah, Beast light. "Classic Taste at its best"....Not really, but around here it is the cheapest 30 case around, so I have spent more money on this than any other beer. It gets us all as wasted as we want to be for a minimum price. It's extremely carbonated, and has often been known to make people run around naked and pee on things. Not a great beer, but hey, you get what you pay for. Regardless, I am having one right now.

IrishRedRock, Apr 17, 2002
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.