Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

awful

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Light Alström Bros
matty

3.4/5  rDev +91%

Light yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste are light adjuncts.Smooth and when ice cold is really a hell of a beer.The perfect summer outing beer.Highly recommended for outdoor activities of all kinds.This is something that I always have and always will purchase.

08-23-2009 01:38:07 | More by matty
woodychandler

2.3/5  rDev +29.2%

CAN you believe how many different beers come in CANs? I CAN!

A finger of fluffy, bone-white head with low retention. Nose was lightly sweet with some cereal in the background. Color was a golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Mouthfeel was medium with a light sweetness on the tongue. Finish was kind of thin without much taste to recount. It was yet another ho-hum offering in a CAN. Come on! There have to be some good beers in a CAN out there. I just seem to have exhausted the string.

08-19-2009 02:25:59 | More by woodychandler
afinepilsner

Iowa

2.08/5  rDev +16.9%

24oz can

Milwaukee's Best light was light golden color with good clarity. It had a bubbly white head that somehow managed to stick around a little while and left a little lacing behind. The smell was light and a little grainy. The taste was very light and with a dry, sort of grainy finish. The mouthfeel was light and watery with plenty of carbonation. Drinkabity was below average. It's just another tasteless light beer. The only thing it has going for it is the price.

08-14-2009 22:29:35 | More by afinepilsner
goblue3509

1.65/5  rDev -7.3%

Pours a light yellow color with an okay head. The smell is of corn and a small malt. The taste is of grain and some malt. It is very light but it is there. The mouthfeel is moderate carbonation. The overall drinkability of the beer is pretty low. It is much like all macros.

07-22-2009 20:02:48 | More by goblue3509
bigdogplaypen

1.65/5  rDev -7.3%

This is my least favorite beer; however it amazes me to see how popular it is. Seems like the cheap price is the catch so I have dubbed it "Trailer Trash Beer" not that I have anything against Trailer Parks (I grew up in one). If you drink enough of these you will forget how really awful they are like ugly women becoming beautiful when you're drunk. Still it has this appeal like a prostitute; Down and Dirty!

07-16-2009 21:58:43 | More by bigdogplaypen
bgreg3

Indiana

3.3/5  rDev +85.4%

12 oz can poured into a pilsner glass I got for my birthday.

Pours a very light gold but not completely see though , (it may be the glass). Nice foam head sticks around quite sometime for light lager.

Smells like corn malt malted barely, not quite the best smell in the world, just like any other light beer.

Taste- Malted barely some hop presence is there and also some cor presence, impressive, best light beer i've had, note I am competely keeping the style in mind because all I use to drink was light adjuct lagers and this one , it's doing the trick.

MF- Very light body with incredible crispness, very refreshing. which on turn makes this a very easy drinker.

I like it.

07-14-2009 00:20:03 | More by bgreg3
nlmartin

2.25/5  rDev +26.4%

This beer is the light version of that tasty beer that made Milwaukee famous. What am I thinking. The beer was served cold in my trusy Arrogant Bastard Pint. Oh the humanity!...

Appearance: Its a bit ironic that the can states, "Finest quality ingredients." Somehow I am skeptical about the fineness of the ingredients. The beer pours a light beers fizzy yellow. The head was white and quickly resolves to a half way ring of foam.

Smell: The beer strikes my nose with a corn mash sort of sweetness. Not a particularly good start.

Taste: The beer leads with a sort of corn syrup sweetness. This is combined with an astringent flavor. Not good.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability: Ok the mouthfeel is thin and watery. Everything that a light beer should be. Still doesnt impress me. Between a stinging feel from the carbonation and the lack of just goodness present in this beer. I got to say the drinkability is low.

Laughing as I bump a few scores allowed to warm a slight bit and the flavor did improve. The astringency was gone. Still doesnt taste good but I will bump a little. The drinkability improved when the beer was slightly warmed up.

05-25-2009 02:26:56 | More by nlmartin
larsee01

3.13/5  rDev +75.8%

12 oz can poured into pint glass

A--Rips out of can with aggressive carbonation. Pale, light color with ascending bubbles. Head stuck around to say hello, but is dissapating and without really any lacing.

S--Earthy, adjuncty, a touch skunky/sour wit a touch of breadiness. All aforementioned are pretty weak. Smells like High Life's less "put-together" roommate.

T--Tastes....kinda ok! Very much on the light side. Adjuncty sweetness/corn meal as expected. Not much of an aftertaste, but certainly palatable. Taste is different and better than smell. No skunkiness or bitterness.

M--Light, clean, watery. It says it's brewed for a refreshing, clean taste. Mission accomplished I suppose.

D--I only have 1, and I'm only having one. This one is going down nicely, so I'm seeing the drinkablilty side of this. I'm wondering about the next day after-effects if I'd settle into a serious session.

04-09-2009 02:36:10 | More by larsee01
wheatyweiss

Wisconsin

2.4/5  rDev +34.8%

Poured from a can into a pint.

Pours light straw with bubbly effervescent head that disappears immediately.

Aroma is light corn and maybe hops...not sure. Bitter aroma has to be hops.

Flavor is thin and watery...corny flavors with DMS and wet cardboard smells. Not even a good macro lager as defined by the style guide, bad.

Water is the mouthfeel....water, with some bubbles.

04-03-2009 01:20:20 | More by wheatyweiss
projectflam86

2.08/5  rDev +16.9%

A- Poured a clear yellow color with a thin white head that quickly dissipated.

S- No strong scents coming through but if there is anything it would be adjunct and grain with the slightest bit of yeast and malt. No hops evident.

T- Malty adjunct flavor with grains and a slight bread taste.

M- Light (a good word for watery) and fairly smooth. No weird aftertaste (but it didn't have alot of taste to begin with).

D- It IS better than some of the other ultra cheap macros out there, but lets be serious, I wouldn't buy it again.

03-26-2009 22:02:26 | More by projectflam86
WakeandBake

2.3/5  rDev +29.2%

A pale yellow color with a big fizzy white head that faded very quickly,no lacing. Aroma of corn,cardboard,and sweet baby vomit.Flavor at first is almost nonexistant,but as it warms a couple of degrees it takes on an odd sweet metallic taste,thin body and stinky finish. I can drink this if I am dying from thirst but save your money and buy some real beer eh.

01-26-2009 21:06:18 | More by WakeandBake
mothman

United Kingdom (Wales)

1.75/5  rDev -1.7%

I got this from a buddy, because I don't think I could ever buy it. Poured into a pint glass.

Color is a clear yellow, very straw like. Thin white head that leaves no lacing.

Smell is very grainy and light. Not to much going on here. Taste is nothing pleasing. Very grainy and no hops seem to be present. I really couldn't drink to much of this beer.

Mouthfeel is pretty smooth, but over carbonated. The taste is really bad, that you can't keep the beer in your mouth for very long.

Overall, I wouldn't ever buy this or recommend it to anyone. I can see this as being a college beer pong beer, but that is about it.

12-30-2008 20:49:14 | More by mothman
Tone

Missouri

2.05/5  rDev +15.2%

Pours a clear, pale, yellow with little head and no retention - slight lacing. Smells of an adjunct lager. Fits the style. Slightly sweeter than Milwaukee's Best Ice. Low carbonation and tastes mostly of adjunct in a weak lager. Overall, not worth recommending.

12-14-2008 22:43:39 | More by Tone
magictrokini

1.95/5  rDev +9.6%

This one blows its bigger brother away, probably because the rank taste and odor is supplanted by water. Lighter yellow pour, bubbly white head. Sweeter, beer-like aroma. Malt? Hops? Really? taste is not awful, kind of crisp and mineral water, but with actual beer taste. And its not ass!

12-10-2008 19:48:05 | More by magictrokini
GratefulBeerGuy

New Hampshire

2.05/5  rDev +15.2%

There is a serius lack of coloration here, it's a pale yellow-gold, pretty standard fair. The head is thin and lacy, bubbly, goes away fast.

The scent is water, tangy-metallic yeast(?) rice and bitterness. Very underwheling.

The flavor is a bland, watery rice and sour yeast effect, mild sweet malt provides the usually balance. Pretty low in the "off" flavor's except for a sour bitter finish that lingers on.

Be kind to yourself, drink somethin' else!

11-29-2008 23:37:12 | More by GratefulBeerGuy
Rhynes2

1.83/5  rDev +2.8%

This just another low flavor, high popularity brew. Very blow average as far as macro-lagers go. You can find better beers in the same price range than this one. Fizzy rice-water taste to start with, little head retention (should you even want to pour this type of beer into a glass), and no aroma to speak of. Sorry, but this one's no good.

10-11-2008 06:16:17 | More by Rhynes2
pmcadamis

1.45/5  rDev -18.5%

A - Pale yellow, clear, finely bubbled artificial ephemeral head. Whats new? This is a boring looking American light lager. Ho hum.

S - None really. Light hints of rice water.

T - Again, rice water is the big flavor component here. This is nearly tasteless.

M - Prickly super-carbonation attempts to compensate for a complete lack of body. Raspy...like soda-pop.

D - Poor. This is watery as hell, and flavorless to boot. Shame...I like the Ice version of Milwaukee's Best.

10-06-2008 21:46:33 | More by pmcadamis
jaytwo

3.5/5  rDev +96.6%

Well this is my standard 30 rack beer. When I go to the store trying to pick up a lot of cheep beer to get drunk with the roomates, if they are out of pabst blue ribbon, this is my second choice. I find it better than busch light and keystone light, and a few other random cheap 30 rack beers.

The appearance, pours that delicious pale yellow color. The head will stick for about a minute and leave some lacing. Not that with a beer like this im expecting a beautiful appearance, you get what you pay for, lol.

Smell, yeah smells like most cheap beers ya know.

taste, has some taste not much really, pleasant for a cheep bear though.

mouthfeel- whatever.

drinkability, I can put away 20 of these in a night.... so thats that.

09-26-2008 05:09:32 | More by jaytwo
changeup45

1.05/5  rDev -41%

The college kids beer of choice! A cheap source of beer but this hovers somewhere between a foul beer and a glass of water. Very pale, corn, grain, musty dirty malty taste... there really isn't much else to say. I think everyone knows what this beer tastes like. Or has a pretty good idea.

08-24-2008 18:56:20 | More by changeup45
mashedpotatoes

2.73/5  rDev +53.4%

Appearance is watered down tinkle yellow. The head pillows up real big and nice then dies off almost as fast. The smell is nearly non-existant, taste is surprisingly less offensive than the other ultra-cheap beers. I found this much more tolerable than that of Natural Light and Busch Light and even PBR! (back off fanboys, that trash is uber-swill!!). There is a tad of metallic aftertaste but it doesn't last long enough to bother. Mouthfeel is surprisingly smooth given the overall lack of flavor. Drinkability seems a bit high as it's so watered down and non-offensive. I could probably crush a 6-pack of tallboys and then get started on some real beer with no problem.

08-12-2008 01:14:42 | More by mashedpotatoes

1.78/5  rDev 0%

This is one of the many cheap beers I have tried in an effort to see which one would be better for my budget (as far as taste vs price) is concerned. I bought an 18 pack for $9 and figured I would give it a try.

A: Poured into a hefe glass, it poured a very clear yellow. What little head there was didnt last for long, and there was no lacing

S: What smell? I had to struggle to even smell a little malt. Other than that, its pretty much scent-free

T: Can, a very little bit of malt, and something funky...maybe corn? Not a very good taste at all

M: Much like all of the light lagers I have tried, the mouthfeel is very thin...water is more filling

D: Fairly low. Due to the funky taste, I dont think I can drink too many of these at once

This isnt terrible, it just isnt good. I'll be spending my money on something else from now on!

06-24-2008 09:00:59 | More by 1099
daliandragon

2.58/5  rDev +44.9%

I am fairly certain that I've never actually poured one of these into a glass before. Usually, a big red plastic cup is the way to go, or the can, obviously. This was basically all I drank my first two years of college, because it was so cheap, and I didn't care one iota how it tasted. I prefer the old white cans that didn't have poker players ' pictures on the side.

Pale straw color and crystal clear body with a tiny glaze of cap. Smell is sweet and corny. Taste is similar but fairly weak and easy to ignore. Mouthfeel is likewise unmemorable. It is clean and relatively smooth. Good in hot weather or if you want to tie one on at a frat party.

06-19-2008 02:52:53 | More by daliandragon
BigMike

1.73/5  rDev -2.8%

I'm a little embarrassed to actually be reviewing this beer, but since its my granddads favorite (and i feel obligated to drink it with him when he offers) i figured i would go ahead with it.

I usually just drink it out of the can but for reviews sake, i poured one out into a pint glass.

This beer is better off not being seen.

Typical cheap beer straw, piss yellow coloring. Absolutely no head or lacing to speak of.

Smells of corn and an almost sulfur like smell.

Taste is almost non existent. I must say, you could conceivably drink a few of these as they go down like water.

06-01-2008 00:24:31 | More by BigMike
hwwty4

Missouri

1.83/5  rDev +2.8%

Poured a 12oz can into my "United We Stand" pint glass. This is my standard go to glass for really cheap beer. The appearance is definitely off for the style. While its the normal straw yellow, there is absolutely no head. Even with a vigorous pour, I couldn't get much more than just a thin layer of white bubbles at the top that quickly disappeared. The aroma is a bit sour. There is a odd off smell to it that is kind of muddled with a bit off corn aroma with what reminds me of soy sauce. The taste is bland. There is really nothing over or under whelming in the flavor profile. The mouthfeel is really thin for the style with no hint of sharp carbonation. This beer is really just nothing, which is the worst part about it. I would rather have a beer that is just flat out horrible than this. I can honestly say that I will never drink another.

05-29-2008 05:27:07 | More by hwwty4
rye726

Colorado

1.2/5  rDev -32.6%

I thought the beast was bad, but Milwaukee's Best takes the cake. A very pale yellow with a poor white head. The nose is of corn, rice and a few other things tht don't belong in beer. Taste is really bitter for a light beer. At least make you beer tasteless guys. The body is watery and I will probably never drink this again.

05-14-2008 03:45:02 | More by rye726
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.