Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

awful

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Light Alström Bros
1.9/5  rDev +6.1%

A - Clear gold color with a decent sized cloudy white head. Decent retention with very minimal lacing.

S - Light aroma of grain and corn sweetness.

T - Light grain and corn sweetness. Faintest hop flavor.

M - Light and crisp with good carbonation.

D - Light and easy to drink, but the flavor isn't all that good.

Notes: Beer flavored water anyone? The same as most light lagers/adjuncts.

FreshHawk, Mar 01, 2010
1.35/5  rDev -24.6%

A: Pours with an abundant head after a vigourous pour... Bright white, with a straw gold body.

S: Not much at all. Water, very very pale malt and a slightly grainy corn/2 row base. Slightly fruity/twangy lager yeast.

T: Water with an odd corn-like sourness. Creamed corn, ghostly pale malt. No hop bitterness to be detected--the sourness from the corn takes its place. Closest description is if you took a a tsp full of a can of creamed corn and diluted it in water, and added carbonation. Not too offensive, but terrible as even a light lager.

M: Extremely watery and lively carbonation.

D: No taste (Or at least a very slight and undesirable taste) and goes down like water. Horrendous.

darklordlager, Jan 24, 2010
1.1/5  rDev -38.5%

Appearance: Very pale yellow beer with a fast-disappearing white head. It looked like it was extremely watered down.

Smell: When I smelled this beer, I actually gagged a little. It smelled like it was a skunk saturated in old hops.

Taste: Easily the worst feature about this beer. It had a combination of bitterness with an ever-so-slight sourness that I would say is similar to urine without the salt. When I drank it, it was not cold, so in my mind, I thought that this is what urine must taste like.

Mouthfeel: When I had this beer, I think it was flat, so it felt a lot like water in my mouth.

Drinkability: The unpleasantness of the taste makes this a beer you either have to chug or not drink at all.

Olivander, Dec 31, 2009
1.88/5  rDev +5%

A golden yellow, rather fizzy beer with no real head to speak of. No aroma, except for maybe stale malts that are hardly noticeable. A very slight taste of hops and malt. More like carbonated water with a little bit of alcohol. It does the job to say the least...

whtguitarguy, Dec 24, 2009
1.35/5  rDev -24.6%

Appearance- Faint straw color with some blinding white foam. Lots and lots of bubbles.

Smell- I would compare MBL to at best, the smell of a bowl of cornflakes

Taste- Weak. Its not that this beer taste bad, its that it has no flavor to speak of and is easily forgettable.

Mouthfeel- It has the mouthfeel of water, much like any cheap light beer

Drinkability- Extremely light on the stomach, so I could see someone going through several of these with ease. With that said this is not a beer i will ever pick up for myself but my dad seems to enjoy them, well by enjoy i mean its cheap and it gets you drunk. I'm glad I found a world of far better beers to enjoy.

OktoberfestDavid, Dec 18, 2009
3.13/5  rDev +74.9%

Maybe it's "The Beast" marketing slogan. Maybe it's the insanely cheap price tag. Whatever it is, this beer tends to be met with a reaction of surprise if you buy it, or say you enjoy it. Let's be real though, this is the king of the bottom of the line beers.

It does taste very carbonated in the can, but not to a point where it's unbearable. Poured into a pint glass, the flavor disappears which is disappointing. The color is a poor urinary yellow and the head doesn't linger more than anyone would expect.

The drinkability is what gets me and many others...out of the can anyway. It's not bitter as many of the bad cheapos are. It's even borderline refreshing. The Milwaukee's Best brand seems to be a cult following and its drinkers are almost proud to be so. Count me in as a follower.

SDbeerguy, Dec 08, 2009
1.2/5  rDev -33%

Pours an almost completely translucent yellow color with big four finger head.

Smell is faint with a vague slight skunk and grains of some kind.

I'm not even sure why they call this beer, the taste is utterly watery and I can't even distinguish any real predominant flavors.

Mouthfeel is extremely light and moderately carbonated.

I can't believe my friends convinced me to drink this.

advill88, Nov 13, 2009
2.55/5  rDev +42.5%

The beer pours and extremely light gold. A thin, bubbly head quickly fades into nothing with barely any lacing. The smell is the average sickly-sweet scent of corn malts that are too weak to even cover up what little alcohol is here. The taste is not terrible. It's got that harsh, shitty malts & hops Beast taste, but toned down, so it is pretty tolerable. The mouthfeel is thin, but it goes well with the rest of the beer. And, as with all light beers, the drinkability is the best part.

nicksta, Sep 24, 2009
3.25/5  rDev +81.6%

Pours a light yellow with very little lingering head.

Smells of grains and corn.

The taste is light, watery, grainy with some malts and very little hops.

The mouthfeel is like drinking water, but crisp and refreshing.

This beer is too damn drinkable. This beer is my closet indulgence that I love to drink on a hot day, while mowing the lawn, or with friends on summer days when planning to imbibe many. I love my micros, but this is the cheap macro that I always fall back on for an enjoyable drinking experience. I always have it on hand and probably always will.

jbennett1919, Aug 31, 2009
2.63/5  rDev +46.9%

Pours from a tallboy 16 oz can a very clear, pale yellow color with a surprisingly decent cap of white foam. Retention is not too bad either and leaves a bit of lace here and there. Pretty decent looking light lager.

Green apples and light grains are about all I get on the nose here. It is not devoid of scent, but unfortunately what is there does not smell very appealing.

Carbonated water is the main flavor here with a bit of sweet corny grains making up the remainder. Surprisingly, it does have a noticeable hop bitterness and clean finish to it. It falls a bit short of average for a light lager, mainly due to the lack of discernable flavor.

twiggamortis420, Aug 25, 2009
3.4/5  rDev +89.9%

Light yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste are light adjuncts.Smooth and when ice cold is really a hell of a beer.The perfect summer outing beer.Highly recommended for outdoor activities of all kinds.This is something that I always have and always will purchase.

matty, Aug 23, 2009
2.3/5  rDev +28.5%

CAN you believe how many different beers come in CANs? I CAN!

A finger of fluffy, bone-white head with low retention. Nose was lightly sweet with some cereal in the background. Color was a golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Mouthfeel was medium with a light sweetness on the tongue. Finish was kind of thin without much taste to recount. It was yet another ho-hum offering in a CAN. Come on! There have to be some good beers in a CAN out there. I just seem to have exhausted the string.

woodychandler, Aug 19, 2009
2.08/5  rDev +16.2%

24oz can

Milwaukee's Best light was light golden color with good clarity. It had a bubbly white head that somehow managed to stick around a little while and left a little lacing behind. The smell was light and a little grainy. The taste was very light and with a dry, sort of grainy finish. The mouthfeel was light and watery with plenty of carbonation. Drinkabity was below average. It's just another tasteless light beer. The only thing it has going for it is the price.

afinepilsner, Aug 14, 2009
1.65/5  rDev -7.8%

Pours a light yellow color with an okay head. The smell is of corn and a small malt. The taste is of grain and some malt. It is very light but it is there. The mouthfeel is moderate carbonation. The overall drinkability of the beer is pretty low. It is much like all macros.

goblue3509, Jul 22, 2009
1.65/5  rDev -7.8%

This is my least favorite beer; however it amazes me to see how popular it is. Seems like the cheap price is the catch so I have dubbed it "Trailer Trash Beer" not that I have anything against Trailer Parks (I grew up in one). If you drink enough of these you will forget how really awful they are like ugly women becoming beautiful when you're drunk. Still it has this appeal like a prostitute; Down and Dirty!

bigdogplaypen, Jul 16, 2009
3.3/5  rDev +84.4%

12 oz can poured into a pilsner glass I got for my birthday.

Pours a very light gold but not completely see though , (it may be the glass). Nice foam head sticks around quite sometime for light lager.

Smells like corn malt malted barely, not quite the best smell in the world, just like any other light beer.

Taste- Malted barely some hop presence is there and also some cor presence, impressive, best light beer i've had, note I am competely keeping the style in mind because all I use to drink was light adjuct lagers and this one , it's doing the trick.

MF- Very light body with incredible crispness, very refreshing. which on turn makes this a very easy drinker.

I like it.

bgreg3, Jul 14, 2009
2.25/5  rDev +25.7%

This beer is the light version of that tasty beer that made Milwaukee famous. What am I thinking. The beer was served cold in my trusy Arrogant Bastard Pint. Oh the humanity!...

Appearance: Its a bit ironic that the can states, "Finest quality ingredients." Somehow I am skeptical about the fineness of the ingredients. The beer pours a light beers fizzy yellow. The head was white and quickly resolves to a half way ring of foam.

Smell: The beer strikes my nose with a corn mash sort of sweetness. Not a particularly good start.

Taste: The beer leads with a sort of corn syrup sweetness. This is combined with an astringent flavor. Not good.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability: Ok the mouthfeel is thin and watery. Everything that a light beer should be. Still doesnt impress me. Between a stinging feel from the carbonation and the lack of just goodness present in this beer. I got to say the drinkability is low.

Laughing as I bump a few scores allowed to warm a slight bit and the flavor did improve. The astringency was gone. Still doesnt taste good but I will bump a little. The drinkability improved when the beer was slightly warmed up.

nlmartin, May 25, 2009
3.13/5  rDev +74.9%

12 oz can poured into pint glass

A--Rips out of can with aggressive carbonation. Pale, light color with ascending bubbles. Head stuck around to say hello, but is dissapating and without really any lacing.

S--Earthy, adjuncty, a touch skunky/sour wit a touch of breadiness. All aforementioned are pretty weak. Smells like High Life's less "put-together" roommate.

T--Tastes....kinda ok! Very much on the light side. Adjuncty sweetness/corn meal as expected. Not much of an aftertaste, but certainly palatable. Taste is different and better than smell. No skunkiness or bitterness.

M--Light, clean, watery. It says it's brewed for a refreshing, clean taste. Mission accomplished I suppose.

D--I only have 1, and I'm only having one. This one is going down nicely, so I'm seeing the drinkablilty side of this. I'm wondering about the next day after-effects if I'd settle into a serious session.

larsee01, Apr 09, 2009
2.4/5  rDev +34.1%

Poured from a can into a pint.

Pours light straw with bubbly effervescent head that disappears immediately.

Aroma is light corn and maybe hops...not sure. Bitter aroma has to be hops.

Flavor is thin and watery...corny flavors with DMS and wet cardboard smells. Not even a good macro lager as defined by the style guide, bad.

Water is the mouthfeel....water, with some bubbles.

wheatyweiss, Apr 03, 2009
2.08/5  rDev +16.2%

A- Poured a clear yellow color with a thin white head that quickly dissipated.

S- No strong scents coming through but if there is anything it would be adjunct and grain with the slightest bit of yeast and malt. No hops evident.

T- Malty adjunct flavor with grains and a slight bread taste.

M- Light (a good word for watery) and fairly smooth. No weird aftertaste (but it didn't have alot of taste to begin with).

D- It IS better than some of the other ultra cheap macros out there, but lets be serious, I wouldn't buy it again.

projectflam86, Mar 26, 2009
2.3/5  rDev +28.5%

A pale yellow color with a big fizzy white head that faded very quickly,no lacing. Aroma of corn,cardboard,and sweet baby vomit.Flavor at first is almost nonexistant,but as it warms a couple of degrees it takes on an odd sweet metallic taste,thin body and stinky finish. I can drink this if I am dying from thirst but save your money and buy some real beer eh.

WakeandBake, Jan 26, 2009
1.75/5  rDev -2.2%

I got this from a buddy, because I don't think I could ever buy it. Poured into a pint glass.

Color is a clear yellow, very straw like. Thin white head that leaves no lacing.

Smell is very grainy and light. Not to much going on here. Taste is nothing pleasing. Very grainy and no hops seem to be present. I really couldn't drink to much of this beer.

Mouthfeel is pretty smooth, but over carbonated. The taste is really bad, that you can't keep the beer in your mouth for very long.

Overall, I wouldn't ever buy this or recommend it to anyone. I can see this as being a college beer pong beer, but that is about it.

mothman, Dec 30, 2008
2.05/5  rDev +14.5%

Pours a clear, pale, yellow with little head and no retention - slight lacing. Smells of an adjunct lager. Fits the style. Slightly sweeter than Milwaukee's Best Ice. Low carbonation and tastes mostly of adjunct in a weak lager. Overall, not worth recommending.

Tone, Dec 14, 2008
1.95/5  rDev +8.9%

This one blows its bigger brother away, probably because the rank taste and odor is supplanted by water. Lighter yellow pour, bubbly white head. Sweeter, beer-like aroma. Malt? Hops? Really? taste is not awful, kind of crisp and mineral water, but with actual beer taste. And its not ass!

magictrokini, Dec 10, 2008
2.05/5  rDev +14.5%

There is a serius lack of coloration here, it's a pale yellow-gold, pretty standard fair. The head is thin and lacy, bubbly, goes away fast.

The scent is water, tangy-metallic yeast(?) rice and bitterness. Very underwheling.

The flavor is a bland, watery rice and sour yeast effect, mild sweet malt provides the usually balance. Pretty low in the "off" flavor's except for a sour bitter finish that lingers on.

Be kind to yourself, drink somethin' else!

GratefulBeerGuy, Nov 29, 2008
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.