Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

awful

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Light Alström Bros

3.63/5  rDev +103.9%

Milwaukee’s Best Light has a very thick, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a good amount of bubbles streaming up. Some lacing is left down the glass, also. The aroma is a surprising floral hop smell, with clean water as well. Taste is sweet, light, watery, grainy, and smooth. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Milwaukee’s Best Light finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and mild. Overall, this beer stands toe to toe with some of the larger players in the category. For a light beer, it’s a good value.

RJT

2.6/5  rDev +46.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a can into a pint glass.

A: The typical clear yellow straw color you're familiar with when you drink a light lager. Light head that fades fast and next to no lacing left behind.

S: Corn, ever so faint grains - typical.

T: Corn and cereal grains, ever so slight hops and malt. Next to nothing going on here.

M: Very light, moderate carbonation.

D: Excellent drinkability.

Pretty much what I expected from this one.

2.23/5  rDev +25.3%

A: nearly translucent. Look like watered-down urine with added carbonation. This is an American light lager.

S: hints of corn and cereal adjuncts. It smells like all other light beers.

T: very light and crisp. Nothing special here. It tastes identical to "premium" light BMC beers.

M: almost like carbonated water. I'd rather drink Perrier.

If you enjoy BMC light beers, save your money and buy this -- the price is quite lower and the quality is identical to other light "premium" brands. I'd drink this on a hot day, but wouldn't pay for it.

1.65/5  rDev -7.3%

This is truly a horrific beer. I'd like to know what Milwaukee's Worst is if this is the Best. Tough to swallow without gagging a little bit. I suppose if it were the end of the world and this is all I could find, I would scarf it down quickly. Can only be used as a party/get drunk quick beer. No way can you sip and enjoy something like this.

2.03/5  rDev +14%

Wrote notes for a review at a BBQ where they had this on ice.

Light yellow and super fizzy, the head goes away quick and leaves little lacing.

Smells lightly of grains and perhaps corn.

It's hardly got any taste, what there is consists of grains and adjuncts.

Light and well carbonated, goes down easy I'll give it that.

For the price I suppose it serves a purpose, but it's certainly not a craft beer, nor would it have much appeal to those with a refined beer palate. A frathouse special to be sure.

2.1/5  rDev +18%

Pours a light clear yellow, fizzy head dies down to nothing. Very light pale grain/malt flavor, just a flash of ghost hop bitterness. When ice cold, it goes down fairly fast though the flavor is almost nonexistant. Mouthfeel is light bodied, crisp, soda water like. Overall, good beer if you don't like beer.

2.2/5  rDev +23.6%

"You aren't going to drink that" my wife said to me when I returned from the kitchen with my father-in-law with a can labeled "Milwaukee's Best Light Beer". "I don't want to be a snob and I've never had it, maybe it will be awesome, it is labeled 'best', how bad could it be?" Here I go.

Beer is yellow, light and clear. Thin head, low retention, no lacing, highly carbonated. Looks like a beer that a three year old might draw if asked to draw a beer.

Aroma is slightly grainy and mildly sweet. Eh, very weak aroma. Mildly vegetal.

The appearance and aroma are kind of like a beer's handshake, this beer presents itself to be a weak beer from the get go, limp wristed weak grip, probably could beat the shit out of this kid on the playground. Here goes the actual beer, taste and mouthfeel. Maybe it will make up ground here.

How disappointing...I held out hope that you would pull through in the end but didn't. Beer is super thin, watery, has a late bitterness, mild pilsen sweetness up front, midpalate vegetalness, at least there isn't an aftertaste. I don't think I'll ever bother having this again but I imagine this is exactly what they want, flavored water. I don't really like it overall but at least I drank one. Now I know and knowing is half the battle.

1.8/5  rDev +1.1%

Wow...this was my favorite beer in college. It made me fearless. It made me strong. It was awesome! I loved it so much, that i decided to carefully cellar some '94 cans in our fraternity house basement.

For comparison purposes, I opened this with a fresh bottle to make sure that this is a fair review.

I'm not sure what I was thinking. Clearly I knew very little about beer in 1994. This is swill. It's horrible.

a: The '94 can is fuzzy...i'm going to assume that's from being cellared in my sock drawer and hope it's nothing else. That aside, both pours look very nice... clear light amber color with active carbonation.
s: Neither pour have much aroma, though if i were to describe it, wet cardboard soaked in stale beer comes to mind.
t: The flavor is no better. The '94 is not palatable...I'm having my doubts about if it's really fuzzy sock lint. The '11 is drinkable, but there's nothing happening there. It's like foul water...i'd rather have the real thing. I have no reason to want to continue to drink this bottle.
m: It's very watery thin.. I guess i'm not really surprised. There are chunks of something in the '94 that give it a bit of texture.

Ya... it hurts to think that i did this to my body back in the 90's. Heck, it hurts to think that i did this to my body last night. Never again.

This is a total miss on anything. I don't know how honestly even the Slam it down beer guy can want to slam this down all the time.

It is piss gold. Tastes like corn with crap. Carbonated like a soda and overall just should never touch my tongue again.

Pours a light pale yellow color, some carbonation, little fizzy white head, with minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is kinda malty, grainy. The taste is slightly sweet, grainy/ricy. Light Body. Not Drinkable. Would make a thirst quencher though.

2.13/5  rDev +19.7%

A- Straw yellow with fizzy white head that fades fast and leaves no lace.

S- Tinge of sourness, hint of earthy hops, corn and water.

T- Boiled corn with a bitter, earthy hop touch and mentallic notes.

M- Thin, watery, and fizzy

D- Easy as water, but boring as it gets.

2.68/5  rDev +50.6%

Let me start by saying that it's difficult to rate a beer like this because obviously it isn't the best tasting, smelling, etc. But that's really not the point at all. This is a party beer meant to be drank from solo cups and cans. This is no Sierra Nevada Pale Ale but in my opinion when compared to keystone, coors, miller, and budlight, At $15 a 30 pack where I'm from you can't beat it for the price.

When poured into a pint glass there is an unexpectedly large head which dissipates quickly, leaving lacing more pronounced than other cheap beers.

The color is an unimpressive light yellow, there is no smell, and the taste is watery yet drinkable.

This is definately not a beer to pour into a glass, I only did it for the review. Just drink it from the can, but if I'm low on cash I prefer this to bud or coors anyday.

1.13/5  rDev -36.5%

Straw yellow color with a white head with poor retention and no lacing. Smells of corn, and not much of anything else. The taste grain, cooked corn, and very little malt sweetness.

Thin bodied, a lot of carbonation, has a dry finish, and does not have one impressive quality. This is swill at its worst. Avoid this beer.

1.23/5  rDev -30.9%

12oz can poured into a pint glass. Do they even have this on tap anywhere?

A: Light straw-colored body that is virtually indistinguishable from ginger ale. Credit where credit is due, the head is quite robust and leaves a surprising amount of lacing.

S: Typical cheap beer smell. It actually gave me chills, and not in a good way.

T: Mostly grainy. Some metallic notes. Not quite as sweet as I expected. Hops are undetectable. I was leaning toward giving it a gentleman's 2 in this category, but then I literally started retching toward the end. Given that, I couldn't give it anything but the lowest possible score.

M: Thin and watery, like a stream running through the mountains that are so often featured on the label art of beers in this category.

D: Good if you plan on throwing a party with beer pong or if you're too thirsty to care about how it tastes. Otherwise, don't bother.

1.63/5  rDev -8.4%

Pours a nasty looking straw yellow, white head, and no lacing. Smells of grain and booze. Tastes of some sort of grain and nasty bitterness. Mouthfeel is thin and rocky and has high carbonation. Drinkability is not very good. Not a very good beer at all. Stay away from it if you can.

Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.