Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

awful

poor

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Light Alström Bros
2.9/5  rDev +62%

Appearance: Light straw, Crystal clear. One finger head that diminished quickly leaving little to no lace.

Smell: Lightly hop kind of lacking strength.

Taste: Bitter, acidic, light hops. Defiantly has a hint of corn. Clean finish with little after taste.

Mouthfeel: Watery, Light extremely carbonated.

Drinkability: One could drink many of these if he did not desire flavor and complexity. I found it rather tasteless and boring.

BadRockBeer, Jan 22, 2007
2.53/5  rDev +41.3%

Presentation: 12 oz can with no freshness date.

Appearance: Very clean watery look to it with a pale yellow hue and thin white lacing that doesn’t last to long.

Smell: A cereal smell to it with very little hops or malts; I also noted hints of corn and artificial starches.

Taste: Little malt flavor with grains and a abundant amount of fillers such as vegetables and corn starch.

Mouth-Feel: A very light bodied feel with crispiness and a finish that is bone dry.

Drink-Ability: One of those cheap beers that has no purpose except to get you Crunk.

mnesporov, Nov 14, 2006
2.28/5  rDev +27.4%

Pours thick, dark yellow/gold mildly carbonated into glass. Foams up a bit and quickyl disappears and a very small ring of lace remains for a few minutes. Smells cerealy, corn/corn grit taste that really clings to the back of the mouth and leaves a very gritty taste in the mouth.

Ya know overall I'd say one of the better cheap light's, I would still say suck up the extra 35 calories and go with regular Mil's Best.

Adamthome1, Nov 03, 2006
2.17/5  rDev +21.2%

Clear golden green yellow body that has lots of bubbles from the carbonation. Head is short and white and has faded by the end of this sentence. Stinky wheat on the nose. Very clean and crisp as it enters the mouth. Super east to drink but lacks any flavor points that make it stand out from any other bmc product. Actually stands up well to slightly more costly mainstream bmc products for the price.

SPLITGRIN, Nov 01, 2006

Milwaukee's Best Light
24 oz can
Recent bottling, endured 10/06
One oz pour in a shot glass, rest drank from the can.

Poured light yellow with quickly diminishing white fizzy carbonation.

Smelt of moderate fruity cardboard and grain.

Taste was upfront light bubble gum grain sweetness followed by an awkward metallic twang on a curt finish. Mouthfeel was light, watery, fizzy and moderately metallic.

Overall, this beer is a joke. The awful taste trumps any average appearance. No taste here, just swill, and not even refreshing at that. I'd rather drink Mich Ultra, at least it tastes like clean water instead of lead infested water. This beer almost makes me like poker less. Almost. Yet I know if anybody drinks this stuff at the table, they might as well hand me their wallet.

xav33, Oct 18, 2006
1.9/5  rDev +6.1%

Milwaukee's Best Light pours a typical macro yellow with a white head from a sixteen ounce can. Smells like cooked vegetables and corn. Taste is surprisingly sweet up front fading into corn. Not very good by any standard. I would rather pay a little more and get a decent lawnmower beer. This is really beer for frat boys only.

Drew966, Jul 21, 2006
2.83/5  rDev +58.1%

I bought this cause I was about to leave my hometown back home and only needed an 18 pack. I was like eh I used to drink beast all the time, tried beast light once, but don't remember it. I'll try it again. All i remembered was that I liked beast like better. My friends who accept my miller lite were like nah man that shit is nasty the beast oh my god. I laughed cause this has less flavor than miller light.
smell average
appearance very nice color for a light beer, but a lot of freaking head.
taste was watered down and sort of dry aftertaste. Not good but not bad. EH
mouthfeel was average, nothing too great, nothing too bad
i could drink this if i wanted to be cheap and get drunk.

jasonjlewis, Jun 08, 2006

One of my what-the-hell beers I bought just to review. Hey I’m in search of the best bargains as well as the best beers. So here’s another one for the ultra-cheapo category.
Clear medium straw with a medium, white, quickly diminishing head. Smells of corn and weak grain. Tastes like fizzy water with some adjunct beer flavor and a metallic finish. It has a thin body, watery texture and soda-like carbonation. It’s really cheap and tastes it, but at least it wasn’t that offensive... well, other than that they try to pass this off as beer.

ski271, May 24, 2006
1.35/5  rDev -24.6%

Beast light....what can you say? Pours a golden yellow with a medium sized head. Smells like cool urine with a hint of sweat. Taste almost instantly induces vomiting. Typical pilsner beer but worse. Doesn't go down smoothly at all. But is the most affordable beer out there and by that token it has some merit. Only drink this if you hate yourself and you want to stop enjoying the beer drinking experience.

rustymoore, Apr 04, 2006
2.65/5  rDev +48%

The beast lite is obviously not going to be to great of a beer. And it really looks like carbonated water. But once you move past that you realize that this isn't the worst beer in the world. Quite crisp with a smooth carbonation level. Won't fill you up at all. A slight sweetness comes and goes rather quickly. Refreshing but boring. Not terrible.

granger10, Feb 28, 2006
2.68/5  rDev +49.7%

Poured a pale yellow colow with large white puffy head that rapidly disappeared. Smell is slight anf barely noticeable, with maybe a slight sweetness and light beer aroma present. Taste follows through with a very light flavor, with little malt or hops present. Finishes refreshing, but little else. OK as a spacer.

tgbljb, Feb 17, 2006
2.23/5  rDev +24.6%

Wow! What could be better than a Milwaukee's Best? How about a Milwaukee's Best with water! Rock on MBL!.

Now let's all remember what this beer is and what it is aspiring to be. That being said it's not all bad, just mostly. Color is expected, pale and yellow and fizzy....head is white and very small and poof! it's gone. Lacing is....umm there is none. Smell is horrid...vegtables and corn and, is that a hint of broccoli? eeesh. Put that all together and what do you get? Not that bad of a taste actually, all things considered of course.

This is definitely one of those beers that is best very cold and out of the can. When you pour it into a glass and release it's "bouquet" it just messes it all up.

Note to Miller: Just because it's "Brewed for a Refreshing, Smooth Taste" does not mean that it is actually refreshing and/or smooth.

sockeye101, Jan 11, 2006
1.27/5  rDev -29.1%

I had a can of this while visiting my parents for Christmas. My dad is from a generation of beer drinkers (and coffee drinkers, for that matter) that really are in a different plane of existence in terms of their expectation of a beverage. He has a nice set of beer mugs, so I actually poured the can in, determined to give it a chance. It sat there, pale yellow with a frail head, smelling from a foot away rather like the can it came out of.

It tasted like the can, too. Very watery. Weak malt(?) taste, and no vibrancy in the feel, whatsoever. My wife, who has tasted my mid-range bottled selections for the past five years, always with the comment "it's good" took one sample sip and remarked, "that's really bad."

It gains a point for drinkability only because it IS so easy to drink, and as a nod of respect to legions of college students that may subsist on this beer and others of a similar ilk. Though, to them I say: "For God's sake, your metabolism is running high at this point in your life. Live a little and at least opt for the non-lite version!"

hylton44, Dec 28, 2005
1.63/5  rDev -8.9%

Appearance - Minimal head, looks a little like apple juice
Smel/Taste – Smells stale. Nothing there. Bitter/sour fruit? Grain. Water.
Mouthfeel – Doesn’t even have the nice masking big carbonation standard to the style.
Drinkability – Not pleasant. So thin…
Notes – Make to be drunk quickly and from the can while not filling you up. It works, I used to drink a lot but its just not worth it. There are better light lagers, even the cheap stuff. Good only for drinking games.

akajimmyd, Dec 19, 2005
3.55/5  rDev +98.3%

What can I say, for the price, $8/case this is not a bad beer. It tastes best in the summertime after working in the yard but overall it's not as bad as some of the other reviews. The color is a light gold with a mild smell and not much of a head when poured into a glass. I prefer the darker micro brews but when drinking the lighter lower cal beers the biggest difference between the hometown Bud Light and this beer is price, about half as much as Bud Light.

dlcunionmo, Dec 04, 2005
1.88/5  rDev +5%

I was known in the past, on occasion, to purchase Cheap Beer for a couple (very few) reasons. My choice on these occasions is MBL (The Beast Light). Here were my reasons:

o Less calories
o Indistinguishable by me from any other Cheap Beer
o Pretty can
o Cheapest

My roommate has an extra can he's willingly donating for this review. Thanks Paul! So generous!

Appearance: Faint straw-like hues crowned with a cap of starch white foam. Plenty of bubbles! Enough sightseeing, let's try have a sniff.

Aroma: And what a sniff it was. Corny, to say the least. There's also some grains to be found in the nose, but it mostly reminds me of the cereal aisle at the grocery store. Not much in the way of hops here at all.

Taste: Weak. However, its not very offensive, and easily forgettable. Clean and easy drinking, if that's what you go for.

Mouthfeel: n/a

Drinkability: Extremely light on the palate, so I could see someone going through several of these with ease. I find most of these macro lagers to be pretty indistinguishable. I'm glad I found a world of far better beers to enjoy. So long, Beast!

ChainGangGuy, Oct 31, 2005
3.2/5  rDev +78.8%

Can provided amid a bunch of stuff given to me for volunteering at 2005 GABF. Uhm, thanks guys, I really appreciate the opportunity. Stamp on the bottom reads 01026 E11862. Pours a two finger white and soda-like head over a clear pale straw orange liquid. The head settles stickily and is fed by a few streamers. Smells noticably malty sweet and with floral hop aroma. It's weak, but much stronger than I was expecting. The sweet is fairly non-descript. Corn and wet cardboard. The hops are light, like a Hallertauer. Tastes watery with a very mild sweet, pizza crust (imagine a really thin and cardboardy crust that's got no toppings), and a noticable hop flavor in the tongue. The hops come on stronger in the back of the throat during the aftertaste. Carbonation is only md-heavy, but still contributes a bit of sting to the flavor. Especially in the aftertaste, where it comes across as iron. thin body but with some dextrinous cling. Simple and much better than I was anticipating. I'd never buy this beer for my fridge, but I wouldn't turn one down. Judged to style, not my preferences.

mentor, Oct 14, 2005
1.83/5  rDev +2.2%

If they called this "Alcoholic tonic water" I'd buy it. Since they call it "Beer", I won't. This has to be the king of Crush-the-can-on-your-forehead beers. It's basically a watery version of every American Macro ever made. Has a bit of residual sweetness, but of the cereal grain variety. It's faint flavors allow off flavors to shine: oxidized, metalic, papery, powdery... Other than the mild buzz, there is no pleasure in drinking this.

BEERchitect, Sep 15, 2005
2.1/5  rDev +17.3%

Pours a crystal clear, extra pale straw. Three finger head that winds down in about two minutes. Good lacing and retention for a light lager. Grainy alcohol and tonic water smell. This beer tastes like club soda and rubbing alcohol, with weak pale malt in the background. Mild astringent aftertaste, but finishes mostly clean. No detectable hop taste or aroma. The lack of flavor leaves nothing to mask the alcohol, so it is made highly carbonated and light in body in an attempt to smoothen the mouthfeel. But flavor should never take a backseat to drinkability, even in a lighter style,

PBRstreetgang, Sep 06, 2005
2.1/5  rDev +17.3%

I had this beer at a party on campus at Ohio University. Go Bobcats!!!
Anyways, this beer is not very good. I got it out of the keg. It's a really cheap beer that us college students can afford. Nonetheless, it poured a little darker than most light macro lagers. The smell was the same though. A little skunky, a little bit of that typical macro lager smell. The taste was pretty bad. I couldn't taste any hops or any barley. It just had that typical macro lager taste. I'll drink more of these in the future at parties I'm sure of, but I would not recommend buying this beer at a bar or at the store to sit down and enjoy.

Applesauce1, Aug 20, 2005
1.58/5  rDev -11.7%

Okay, this one never should have been consumed, especially in large quantities. After enjoying some nice IPAs and pilsners, the guys got together to start playing beer pong with the Beast. Man, this may one the worst tasting beers at the time. All corn and grains with the tastes and smell, very overwhelming. Do not mix this after just finishing an IPA, it's like toothpaste and orange juice mix. I'm not dogging this because it's so cheap, it's just terrible. Drink Natty Light instead for the price.

Backer2004, Jul 10, 2005
2.08/5  rDev +16.2%

This is a beer for college students or raging alcholics that cannot differentiate between Beast Light and Iodine. Probably one of the worst, yet cheapest beers out there. The only good use this beer can be put to is drinking games like beer pong or flipcup, and to be honest even that is an overstatement. It has a very stale taste. I really do not even know how else to describe it other then awful.

Rootdog316, Jun 13, 2005
1.98/5  rDev +10.6%

Appearence: 12 oz. can, looks like a clear yellowish piss.

Taste: Taste reminds me of old stale beer I had lying in my fridge for months, even years. Hops and Barley are the first scents. Most likely beer of college students trying to get a cheap buzz.

Mouthfeel: Hoppy and rough, but a bit fuzzy.

Drinkability: If you gots a steel gully, than this is for you. Other than that, stick to something on the lines of rubbing alcohol.

Overall: Would not recommand to anyone, not even college kids. Back in the day if someone made a brew this bad we beat them to death with their own shoes. You have to be drunk already to drink this stuff. Dull your senses before use.

DMXLOX22, Jun 04, 2005
2.23/5  rDev +24.6%

Now, if I must drink from the Milwaukee's Best family, this is going to be it. Pours out to a light golden color with medium carbonation and a short lived white head. Notes of corn, malt and hops are present in the aroma, but since it's a light beer, all aromas are quite light. Flavor is doable, but not by any standards great. Watery mix of corn and hops, this beer leaves quite a bit to be desired. Finished weak. No aftertaste to speak of. Worth a try, if you're daring and broke.

Frozensoul327, May 01, 2005
1.45/5  rDev -19%

Presentation: Grabbed this out of my alcoholic roommate's 30-pack thats sitting in the fridge. Standard 12oz. can, some stamp on the bottom, but undecipherable.

Appearance: A light urine yellow color. Completely clear with a small white head form, but with extremely poor head retention, and a tiny bit of lacing.

Smell: Some sort of nasty sour sulphury funk to it. No hops or malt. Its pretty raunchy.

Taste: Extremely thin body, very bland taste, and this nasty cloying corn sweetness that lingers. No hops or bitterness detected. Not much here.

Notes: Wow this is awful, at least it tastes than better it smells. I probably only had 1/3 of the can, and my stomach hurts.

dauss, Apr 13, 2005
Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.