Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co.

Milwaukee's Best LightMilwaukee's Best Light

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Milwaukee's Best Light Alström Bros
1.62/5  rDev -19.4%

Pours a nasty looking straw yellow, white head, and no lacing. Smells of grain and booze. Tastes of some sort of grain and nasty bitterness. Mouthfeel is thin and rocky and has high carbonation. Drinkability is not very good. Not a very good beer at all. Stay away from it if you can.

1.61/5  rDev -19.9%

This is my least favorite beer; however it amazes me to see how popular it is. Seems like the cheap price is the catch so I have dubbed it "Trailer Trash Beer" not that I have anything against Trailer Parks (I grew up in one). If you drink enough of these you will forget how really awful they are like ugly women becoming beautiful when you're drunk. Still it has this appeal like a prostitute; Down and Dirty!

1.6/5  rDev -20.4%

L- Pissy clear yellow.

S- Something reminiscent of a lager wafts from the glass. Very light on the aroma.

T- The taste is mostly water, has a grainy quality to it. Bland and uneventful.

F- Fizzy, poundable. Crisp.

O- Blech.

1.58/5  rDev -21.4%

Okay, this one never should have been consumed, especially in large quantities. After enjoying some nice IPAs and pilsners, the guys got together to start playing beer pong with the Beast. Man, this may one the worst tasting beers at the time. All corn and grains with the tastes and smell, very overwhelming. Do not mix this after just finishing an IPA, it's like toothpaste and orange juice mix. I'm not dogging this because it's so cheap, it's just terrible. Drink Natty Light instead for the price.

1.55/5  rDev -22.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Very clear light gold color, looked flat,few bubbles no head,a little whiff of malt and hop at the beginning, turned to a sour corn smell quickly.Thin adjunct malt taste,just a hint of sweetness all which evaporate quickly. Gave it a couple points because it had no aftertaste rather than a bad aftertaste. it sure says a lot about this nation that this beer is so popular

1.53/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Once in a while a random can of cheap beer appears in my fridge, whose origns remain unknown. This can of Beast Light is an example of such. It poured a bright, clean pale yellow. The small head fizzled away in no time. Very bubbly. A harsh, rather astringent smell of stale hops was present. The taste was of weak weak hops, and a hint of watered-down malt base. The beer finished rather dry, with no aftertaste, which was a bit of a relief. I can only imagine what the aftertaste might have been. Mouthfeel was a bit like club soda...the artificial carbonation was on prominent display. This beer's great for college parties and keggers, and I suppose it's one of the least terrible macro light beers. But I wouldn't recommend it if you like to enjoy what you drink.

1.47/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This reminded me of rancid water. I am not kidding. It had a very unsetlling metallic taste that on the finish reminded me of dirty water. This one isn't good. For girl's dorms, soriority house and for old ladies named Mabel.

1.45/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

A - Pale yellow, clear, finely bubbled artificial ephemeral head. Whats new? This is a boring looking American light lager. Ho hum.

S - None really. Light hints of rice water.

T - Again, rice water is the big flavor component here. This is nearly tasteless.

M - Prickly super-carbonation attempts to compensate for a complete lack of body. Raspy...like soda-pop.

D - Poor. This is watery as hell, and flavorless to boot. Shame...I like the Ice version of Milwaukee's Best.

1.45/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

i did not like it. can we be certain that this is even beer? i honestly did not pour this one but its regular label has not color so i suspect this does not either. like MB regular this is not very good. it is a watered down ultra light beer. very little smell some corn and metal. add to that the strong false carbonation and lack of flavor...

i prolly can go on but you get the pic. i did not expect anything good and it did not even live up to those. it was offered by father in law, so in that case you almost have to accept...yuck

suckem up and movem out.

1.43/5  rDev -28.9%

Presentation: Grabbed this out of my alcoholic roommate's 30-pack thats sitting in the fridge. Standard 12oz. can, some stamp on the bottom, but undecipherable.

Appearance: A light urine yellow color. Completely clear with a small white head form, but with extremely poor head retention, and a tiny bit of lacing.

Smell: Some sort of nasty sour sulphury funk to it. No hops or malt. Its pretty raunchy.

Taste: Extremely thin body, very bland taste, and this nasty cloying corn sweetness that lingers. No hops or bitterness detected. Not much here.

Notes: Wow this is awful, at least it tastes than better it smells. I probably only had 1/3 of the can, and my stomach hurts.

1.41/5  rDev -29.9%

A: Pours with an abundant head after a vigourous pour... Bright white, with a straw gold body.

S: Not much at all. Water, very very pale malt and a slightly grainy corn/2 row base. Slightly fruity/twangy lager yeast.

T: Water with an odd corn-like sourness. Creamed corn, ghostly pale malt. No hop bitterness to be detected--the sourness from the corn takes its place. Closest description is if you took a a tsp full of a can of creamed corn and diluted it in water, and added carbonation. Not too offensive, but terrible as even a light lager.

M: Extremely watery and lively carbonation.

D: No taste (Or at least a very slight and undesirable taste) and goes down like water. Horrendous.

1.38/5  rDev -31.3%

Appearance- Faint straw color with some blinding white foam. Lots and lots of bubbles.

Smell- I would compare MBL to at best, the smell of a bowl of cornflakes

Taste- Weak. Its not that this beer taste bad, its that it has no flavor to speak of and is easily forgettable.

Mouthfeel- It has the mouthfeel of water, much like any cheap light beer

Drinkability- Extremely light on the stomach, so I could see someone going through several of these with ease. With that said this is not a beer i will ever pick up for myself but my dad seems to enjoy them, well by enjoy i mean its cheap and it gets you drunk. I'm glad I found a world of far better beers to enjoy.

1.36/5  rDev -32.3%

Beast light....what can you say? Pours a golden yellow with a medium sized head. Smells like cool urine with a hint of sweat. Taste almost instantly induces vomiting. Typical pilsner beer but worse. Doesn't go down smoothly at all. But is the most affordable beer out there and by that token it has some merit. Only drink this if you hate yourself and you want to stop enjoying the beer drinking experience.

1.35/5  rDev -32.8%

Not much of an appearance with about a 1" head that quickly disappears. Smells like watered down...water beer. Taste like a normal american pilsner which lacks much flavor or imagination. Really crisp and tastes pretty much how it smells and looks. Let's face it, this is a drinking game beer so leave it for the tailgates or beer pong. Unless of course it's free, then the "free beer" rule applies. Not super offensive but not very good. I could live the rest of my days without ever drinking this again. "Free Beer" rule does not apply here.

1.34/5  rDev -33.3%

This beer is one of those that need to be avoided at all costs, all the time (as does regular Best). Why drink it? It’s cheap? So what! Pour a little bit of rubbing alcohol into a class of cold water and abracadabra: Milwaukee's Best Light!

Two Thumbs down!!

1.33/5  rDev -33.8%

beast light from the bottle...I had this the other night at a friends house...and it was very bad! Especially compared to the Brooklyn, BCS I was drinking the rest of the night. This poured out an ugly, fizzy, clearish yellow colour with a little spritzy head. I have to give it another point on appearance, just because I actually poured it into a glass. The aromas were of stale bread, and nasty old vintage seltzer water. The taste was a bit better than the canned version of this, but it was still really nasty. This stuff has such a thin mouthfeel, it;s like drinking nothing at all...and the drinkability: non-existant.
Very bad, even for a mass produced light lager...stay way! and jeez, if you really have to drink this, at least pour it into a glass!

1.28/5  rDev -36.3%

I had a can of this while visiting my parents for Christmas. My dad is from a generation of beer drinkers (and coffee drinkers, for that matter) that really are in a different plane of existence in terms of their expectation of a beverage. He has a nice set of beer mugs, so I actually poured the can in, determined to give it a chance. It sat there, pale yellow with a frail head, smelling from a foot away rather like the can it came out of.

It tasted like the can, too. Very watery. Weak malt(?) taste, and no vibrancy in the feel, whatsoever. My wife, who has tasted my mid-range bottled selections for the past five years, always with the comment "it's good" took one sample sip and remarked, "that's really bad."

It gains a point for drinkability only because it IS so easy to drink, and as a nod of respect to legions of college students that may subsist on this beer and others of a similar ilk. Though, to them I say: "For God's sake, your metabolism is running high at this point in your life. Live a little and at least opt for the non-lite version!"

1.26/5  rDev -37.3%

Tastes like water, if that's your kind of thing, go for some MBL. Haven't found many beers this cheap before. Wanted to check the BA rating to see how poorly it ranked and wasn't taken by surprise. Found this for $14 for a 30 rack. Bad, cheap, American Lager.
Probably not the best thing that comes out of Milwaukee, but who's to say?

1.26/5  rDev -37.3%

12oz can poured into a pint glass. Do they even have this on tap anywhere?

A: Light straw-colored body that is virtually indistinguishable from ginger ale. Credit where credit is due, the head is quite robust and leaves a surprising amount of lacing.

S: Typical cheap beer smell. It actually gave me chills, and not in a good way.

T: Mostly grainy. Some metallic notes. Not quite as sweet as I expected. Hops are undetectable. I was leaning toward giving it a gentleman's 2 in this category, but then I literally started retching toward the end. Given that, I couldn't give it anything but the lowest possible score.

M: Thin and watery, like a stream running through the mountains that are so often featured on the label art of beers in this category.

D: Good if you plan on throwing a party with beer pong or if you're too thirsty to care about how it tastes. Otherwise, don't bother.

1.23/5  rDev -38.8%

I thought the beast was bad, but Milwaukee's Best takes the cake. A very pale yellow with a poor white head. The nose is of corn, rice and a few other things tht don't belong in beer. Taste is really bitter for a light beer. At least make you beer tasteless guys. The body is watery and I will probably never drink this again.

1.22/5  rDev -39.3%

Had this beer at my nieghbors place, and I must say it's crap. Has the smallest amount of flavor possible in a beer, and that flavor is mainly old corn. This truly is a sad excuse for a beer. No color, head, smell, or taste. The college kids can keep this one.

1.2/5  rDev -40.3%

A can poured into a pint glass. Why the hell did I drink this piece of crap.

Crystal clear, very light golden piss color. There is no head to speak of. Nothing appealing to this beer by the looks.

Nothing in the nose except... nothing. Even if I strain my nostrils into trying to find something to smell I wouldn't find anything.

Now believe it or not but Best Light has a very diactyle taste to it. Lousy beer taste none the less but still it has a sweet taste. It has no other taste to it... no malts... no hops... and no finish. This beer is so damn light I don't know what they were thinking.

I would never drink this beer again. The only reason why I have to is because my roommate looked at my profile on this site and saw that I haven't review Milwaukee's Best Light. There is a reason why I waited almost 2 years to drink this beer. It's shit. One of the shittest out there.

A - Poured a light straw color with white head

S - Smell is horrible

T - Very very bad

M - There is a whole lot of carbonation in this stuff

D - Yet again I'm drinking this only because of beer pong this weekend and unless your playing drinking games its not worth it

1.2/5  rDev -40.3%

Pours an almost completely translucent yellow color with big four finger head.

Smell is faint with a vague slight skunk and grains of some kind.

I'm not even sure why they call this beer, the taste is utterly watery and I can't even distinguish any real predominant flavors.

Mouthfeel is extremely light and moderately carbonated.

I can't believe my friends convinced me to drink this.

1.18/5  rDev -41.3%

This was the first beer I ever drank. For a little while, it was the best beer I've ever drank, until I had the second beer I had ever drank.

Didn't pour it out, it's the Beast, you don't pour it out. The little bit I spilled on the beer pong table was sort of a clear amber color, I think. Fizzed up a little bit on the dirty table. Fancy!

Smells like nothing.

Tastes like nothing, too. A little bit sweet, but basically alcoholic fizzy water. No malt flavor. No hops. No bitterness. No shame.

As it warms, this becomes masochistic. Don't let it warm.

Light bodied, what did you expect? Drinkable in the loosest sense of the word.

A real cult classic, one for the whole family, the feel good hit of the summer. Or something.

Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.