Miller Lite Ice - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Lite IceMiller Lite Ice

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-02-2002)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Ice Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
1.25/5  rDev -33.9%

1.75/5  rDev -7.4%

1.75/5  rDev -7.4%

4.5/5  rDev +138.1%

1.25/5  rDev -33.9%

3.25/5  rDev +72%

1.5/5  rDev -20.6%

Served in a pub glass from a bottle.

Very pale straw yellow color, very clear filtered look

no aroma noted

water like very light bodied

taste and looks like water.... no aroma... no head... i hear its very hard to make though and they get it the same every time... i guess that is one positive... oh and they do have good commercials!!!

3.75/5  rDev +98.4%

The first time I had this, I bought a 12 pack in Korea when (I believe) it first came out in 1995. I had to choke down the first one or two but there was no way I was wasting a 12 pack, so I kept going. By the time I finished all 12, I didn't think it was too bad. In fact I ended up buying a few more and it grew on me. If it was still around today, it would be my macro of choice. It is definitely an acquired taste, though as others I knew couldn't finish their first one.

1.35/5  rDev -28.6%

Yikes. Run and hide, now. Pours darker yellow with the same white head. Cotton candy and canned corn in the nose. Sickening sweet corn syrup and sugar taste. Maybe some grass. A sickingly sweeter version of Miller Lite. Tastes the same coming up as well.

2.13/5  rDev +12.7%

I'm tasting a 5-month-past-expiration-date 40oz. of Lite Ice, for the record. Probably the most notable thing about this beer, other than the fact it was created in the first place, is its horrible smell. It repels the nose. I've smelled it three times in an attempt to describe it, and the closest thing I can identify it with is probably sweat. The beer itself is kind of sour tasting.. not as bad as the smell but nothing I'd buy again. Lite Ice simply sucks.

2.75/5  rDev +45.5%

Sort of a sweet malt/corn smell that is typical for ice beers of this type. Alcohol content is only slightly higher than a normal beer and is not overly noticable. Has sort of a sick grassy flavor to me that I did not find appealing. However, this beer is not flagrantly offensive to the palate -- just a simple ice beer made during the ice beer hype days.

1.98/5  rDev +4.8%

Pours a pale straw color with a full white head that leaves just a bit of lacing. Aromas are quite simple with a lime like nose and just a hint of grainy malts. The flavors to this brew are pretty one dimensional with just hints of toasted grain and biscuit and a bitter finish that gives off some limey and citrus like flavors. The carbonation is sharp and refreshing at the same time but there's really nothing to this beer in general. Overall you pay for what you get for and this brew is no surprise.

2.28/5  rDev +20.6%

Man, this is some rough swill here. Has little hints of it's brother Miller lite, but so many overtones of alcohol and water, it's hard to make out what this beer really tastes like. Gave me a headache after only 2. This beer had little flavor of corn or hops and left quite a lot to be desired. Not for me, but you may like it.

1.23/5  rDev -34.9%

Its an ice beer. Its a light beer. Its a bad beer. Why? I just don't get it. Next to nothing, tastewise, except for a slight burst of alcohol on the finish reminiscent of rubbing alcohol.

1.3/5  rDev -31.2%

Presentation: 12 oz blue, black and silver can. “The Ice Brewed, Less Filling Beer” on the label, meaning more alcohol and somewhat lower in calories than normal ice beers. No freshness date.

Appearance: Quick foamy white head forms and flattens to nothing, very mild haze under the yellow straw hue.

Smell: Smells of cooked grits. Light alcohol seems process or from fermented cereal grains.

Taste: Crisp with a medium high carbonation, brash graininess with a one dimensional slap of hop bitterness to back up the astringent flavours. Lots of cooked cereal grain flavour, near to cloying sweet. Husk and a corn grit flavour in the finish with a drying astringent end.

Notes: Neighboring insipid, this beer would not even be good to grill with it is that bad. Well maybe if it was to quell the flames. Hard to drink and a feat to finish one off. Not a recommended beer at all.

2.4/5  rDev +27%

I'm surprised a beer this outstanding isn't already in the system and I feel privledged to add it (Huge sarcasim in that sentence)..I'm not sure if it is classified as a Ice Lager or Light Lager..I guessed light..

Light straw colored...no head retention...very little aroma but some hints of sweetness rather than hops which is different than regular "Lite" if I remember correctly..not a lot of flavor...goes down easy and no bad "off" tastes which for a beer like this is a definite positive..does have just a bit of that ice/alcohol flavor but not as strong as some of the other "Ice's" I've had...this is not a terrible beer...It's drinkable, and I guess for a light it's at least average...

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Miller Lite Ice from Miller Brewing Co.