Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,119 | Hads: 4,212
2.26/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Poured rather aggressively from a glass bottle into a Samuel Adams Perfect Pint glass.

Look: A pale and translucent straw yellow. Rather heavy carbonation rising quickly through the glass. A two-finger head dissipates rather slowly into a half-finger head after letting it rest for a minute.

Smell: Neutral grains and corn. Searching for something else but it cannot be found.

Taste: Very faint bread grains. Something lingers that reminds one of apples. Incredibly watery. It tastes like slightly bitter water.

Feel: Loose and watery. Quickly dissipates which forces one to want to take another swig.

Overall: My choice of the big three strictly because Miller Lite is generally regarded as the beer for average people. Bud light is for white trash and when is the last time you met anyone that drinks Coors regularly? I think it's important to keep in mind that macro beers like this are made for easy drinking, and there's no denying you can pound these back about as easy as a bottle of water.

1.64/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

**FROM OLD NOTES, 01/3/12:
Best of the crappy lite beers, probably because it's watered down so much. Sitting here drinking it by itself trying to intelligently assess the attributes of Miller Lite seems kind of silly. It's good to drink a lot of these with a good thin crust pizza. Must be the vortex bottle.**

3.7/5  rDev +63%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

It's my go to fill the cooler for a hot summer day beer. Much more unique and grainy flavor than the other cheap light beers while still being very refreshing and easy to drink. Goes quite good with any food and doesn't linger too long after like you get with other cheap beers.

Great for what it is, if you want a nice beer there are definitely better options, if you are providing for a lot of people and drinking a lot you can't really go wrong.

3.95/5  rDev +74%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I don't like lite beer that much, but when I'm going to get something that everyone will like, I go Miller Lite. It has a good taste for a lite lager and looks great in the new Steinie bottles.

1.67/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

This beer is a very light brown color with almost no smell, it is very tasteless as well, so the taste could best be described as if you took a Miller High Life, poured out half of it and replaced it with water. This beer is pretty much only good for drinking fast in order to get drunk.

2.95/5  rDev +30%

appearance-i drank a tall boy of it and i drank it out of hte can so i dont know what it looks like but its a light beer so im assuming its very clear, very carbonated, and very golden.

smell-smells like beer. noticable adjuct in the smell though

taste-tastes like beer. no hop flavors which doesnt suprise me since there arnt even real hops in here. the corn gives it a nice taste in my opinion

feel-very fizzy

overall-the best light beer ive had but ive only had bud light,busch light, miller lite, and heineken light. if your drinkin on a budget and trying to be healthy id go for a miller lite.

2.57/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Watery yellow beer. Smells rather hoppy. Tastes like a fair pilsner with decent hops. A little skunky with a bite. The feel is pretty thin with moderate high carbonation. Overall not bad for a light beer. One of the better tasting ones in my opinion.

3.6/5  rDev +58.6%

Drank this on tap at the Louder Than Life Rock Festival in Louisville KY because it was this, Coors Light which I know I dislike, and Blue Moon Belgian White, which I also dislike because coriander tastes weird and it was more expensive, and as hot as it was, light beer just sounded refreshing. I usually am a dark beer guy, but I take what I can get. Served in the 20oz Louder Than Life reusable cup(which I still use).

Look-Clear golden straw, with a nice 1/2 inch head that lasted longer than I expected. Small strings of carbonation, more color than most light beers.

Smell-Like light beer. Not much on the nose. Slight grassy sweet smell.

Taste-Sweet grains and malts, light grassy hops, actually not bad. More flavor than Coors or Bud, not much more but enough to make a difference. Very refreshing.

Feel-Light, smooth, drinkable. Not super heavily carbonated which surprised me. Went down great.

Overall-Had low expectations because Coors light is brewed by the same company and I dislike Coors, it tastes like stale water to me. Walked away impressed however, considerably more flavorful, will drink again if the price is right on a hot, summer day or after a long day of work.

This is just an awful beer. I have drank a lot of this beer over time, but only for tailgates and parties. It is by far the worst of the major light lagers in my opinion.

2.44/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured a light straw color with no head and very little scent. Tasted of slight grain and corn but mostly water. Not absolutely terrible but pretty forgettable.

3.01/5  rDev +32.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

I'm rating this because I give it more credit than Bud Light or Coors Light. While the three major domestics are very similar in their watered down, highly carbonated, ho-hum ways, Miller Lite does have a slightly different taste that stands out in a slightly better way than the other two. I can't give it the usual ratings like other beers. I just know it's a pilsner, it's a fantastic session beer in that I can drink a six or twelve pack in about an hour or two, and it's got a little bit more malty/grainy flavor to it that Bud or Coors. I'm also a consumer that is a sucker for all things vintage, and unlike its counterparts, they have wisely stuck with the retro label for the last couple years and it's probably why I am buying this beer a little more often than not. Nothing fancy--just a truly cheap, drinkable American beverage. A fine pilsner beer...indeed.

3.22/5  rDev +41.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

24oz can into a shaker pint.

A: Pours a very clear straw with 1/2" fizzy white head that recedes immediately. Lacing & retention are quite poor.

S: Mild off-sweet bready malt & nothing else.

T: Muddled off-sweet character with no traces of any sort of depth, development or complexity.

M: Lowish-to-moderate carb married to a very light malt body. For what it is, I like it. Crisp, clean & refreshing.

O: Very poor.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

Gót $1/bottle at a happy hour in DC.
Some smell of hand and malt. But other than that, not really that much.
Extremely watery. Also taste as bland as water.

2.2/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

12oz can.... No glass involved. Peering into the can gives the perception of a clear beer... Although I know it's a faint straw gold. Smell is of light corn - that's really about it. First swig... It's not really that bad... Tenth swig... Maybe it's not so great after all. Kind of a blend of wet cardboard and minuscule fusel notes. Mouthfeel is light and fizzy... American light lager - ahhh.

2.67/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Cardboard, watery and sweet malt sugars. Crisp. Decently carbonation pushes the non flavors over the palate. Very short finish. Serve these up ice cold and they are at least drinkable.

2.41/5  rDev +6.2%

Ahhh Miller Lite. It reminds me of high school...and college...and sporting events. While it is not a craft beer and probably looked down upon by most on this site, it is an American staple. Light yellow in color with not much head but then again hard to tell when you are swilling it from a can and on your 10th. Taste is smooth, light, corny, grainy, and not too overpowering one way or the other. Great when I am looking to drink a lot and fast. Perfect for beer pong but not as my side beer. I was once told that Miller Lite is the only true mass produced light beer by the owner of the World Of Beer in Tampa, FL. I forget his reasoning but he was usually drunk on La Fin Du Monde anyway.

3.17/5  rDev +39.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

There's a neat retro-style logo on this tallboy can from the LCBO, which was served well-chilled. Miller Lite hasn't been available in most of Canada for years, but it has made a recent re-entry into the market. I figured I would see how it compares to the other big macro competition, because there's really no reason to compare beers like this to anything else.

Pours a clear, effervescent straw-yellow colour, capped off with nearly two fingers of soapy white froth. For a light beer, the head remains in place for a surprisingly long time - even by the five minute mark, there's still a thin cap of foam and wide collar, complete with a few splotches of lace. It at least looks like a respectable lager to me, but the nose tells a slightly different tale - dull, grainy pale malts and corn husk are what I am getting out of it, with maybe some damp cardboard. Not a particularly diverse aroma, but fairly inoffensive.

As usual, I am struggling to find up with descriptors for this light beer - there just isn't a lot to say about them. Miller Lite seems a bit more flavourful than average - still very watered-down, but with a recognizable touch of genuine grainy, pale barley malt sweetness to counteract the corny adjunct. Faint hint of grassy straw on the back end, with a dry finish that seems much cleaner than those of the other macro light lagers. Thin-bodied, with assertive carbonation and a prickly mouthfeel; the sort you'd expect here. It's highly refreshing and more agreeable than I was anticipating.

Final Grade: 3.17, a C+. Pretty bland, but on the whole I'd say Miller Lite is better than the average light beer - and since I always grade to-style, it's worth a halfway decent grade. I could see why someone more concerned with refreshment than flavour would want to drink this, especially once things such as hot weather or salty, spicy, greasy pub grub come into consideration. As someone who is really not at all a member of this beer's primary target demographic, I am surprisingly fine with this stuff, and would certainly take it over Bud Light or Coors Light. I doubt I'd buy this again, as it's not like there's a shortage of affordable imported pilseners that blow this away - but if this gets handed to me then sure, why not?

1.93/5  rDev -15%

This was my college preference and my go to cheap beer when drinking needed to be done, other than that its not much of anything, tastes watery and not much else.

2.46/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

People ranking Bud Lite, Miller Lite, and Coors Lite in terms of preference are missing the point: there's not much real difference between them--your taste probably runs to the one you grew up with or the one you *didn't* consume too much of in college (such that you ended up in ER or with a bad tattoo or whatever) or even the one you had least exposure to and so it seems newer and less offensive.

For me, that's Miller Lite. For others it will be Coors or Bud. But it's not really worth getting up in arms about, either way.

1.17/5  rDev -48.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I cant for the life of me figure out why so many reviews state that Miller Lite is the best tasting out of major light macros (such as Coors Light or Bud Light.) Miller Lite is downright disgusting. It is the only beer that seriously tastes like nothing. Carbonated piss, maybe. No, correct that, not even carbonated piss. Carbonated water with a drop of corn water from a cheap can of corn (not even Del Monte, the super cheap no name canned corn). It is a loathsome beer. I hate it. But granted, if i was 16 years old and wanted to guzzle, party, and thrash around at the beach i probably would love this beer. But now at the tender age of 38 I wish this beer ill will. Sickening swill. Just gross. A beer brewed for teenaged kids and shitheads.

2.78/5  rDev +22.5%

IF I am doing a day of drinking, this is my go to. In comparison to malty, hoppy, beers, this does not measure up. For what it is, it is a good beer.

3.47/5  rDev +52.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

My favorite off the major commercial pilsners. Slightly more hop flavor than budlight and significantly tastier than coors. Has low ratings but for what it is, it always delivers and never disappoints. If I'm drinking all day this is my go to.

3.88/5  rDev +70.9%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

3.09/5  rDev +36.1%

The best of the light beers. Easily.

Look is the same, thin golden yellow with heavy carbonation. Greater amount of hop aroma in comparison to other light lagers. Lot of corn in the aroma as well. Taste is heavy on the corn but some noble hop bitterness is there as well. Overall, the best of the light beers. It's not a KBS or Heady Topper, but if you wanna slam a few in a night and still taste something that resembles a beer, this is the one.

1.91/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.25

Serving Type: 500 mL Can

Miller Lite finally made it's way to Canada (not that I really care) so I decided to pick up a Tall-Boy to give it a try. I thought the fact that it says "a fine Pilsner" on the can slightly comedic .

A- Clear, Pale Yellow. Fizzy and lots of carbonation visible. No lacing.

S- Corny and slightly grainy. Lots of sweetness with no real bittering evident.

T- Miller Lite is so flavourless, it's almost a waste of time to describe the flavour. Bready grain but very, very faint. All you really taste is the flavour the high carbonation gives off.

M- Light body and high carbonation. Pretty standard stuff for a Macro Lager.

O- While i'm not particularly glad I chose to pick up a can to try, I am quite thrilled that I only bought one. Miller Lite is not only macro swill, but it's terrible at that. Absolutely flavourless. Why drink a flavourless beer when there is water to be drunk with the same amount, if not more flavour.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.