Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Ratings: 4,082 | Reviews: 1,213
Reviews by HuskyinPDX:
2.55/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: 24oz large can (No. 13) slapped with lots of witty marketing jive, and a wide mouth opening. No freshness date.

Appearance: Very pale yellow in colour with a fine wispy head of carbonation.

Smell: Clean, semi-floral to the nose with hints of grain.

Taste: Light graininess, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The tight carbonation mingles with a slight steely flavour, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. As the brew warms, notes of dimethyl sulfide (cooked corn) become noticeable. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavour in the back of the mouth and tongue.

Notes: As far as lite beers go, it's not horrible, but it is still a lite beer ... why bother drinking this on a normal basis?

2.36/5  rDev +8.8%

This the usual light brewski, same as the rest ... one of the better light beers out there for sure if you are a stickiler to styles. Light bodied, thin lace and minimal head retention. Lots of corn in the aroma and flavor, finishes pretty damn dry. More or less a sad excuse for beer.

3.88/5  rDev +78.8%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

2.29/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This beer was poured from the bottle (new white vintage throwback label) at the Andiamo banquet hall in Warren, Michigan into a generic stange. It showed a shimmering bright yellow coloring and produced a stark white head of quickly thinning foam. This stood a finger and a half tall at its conception, but quickly faded into a film across the top of the liquid. Lacing was globular and sparse. No haze or sediment was noted, and carbonation appeared to be highly active. The aroma was simple and straightforward, offering biscuity pale and harsh adjuncty grain, dried wheat and straw, unsalted table crackers, basic lager yeast metallics, glass, stamp adhesive, burlap and gauze, skunky and old grassy hop airs, dried twigs and leafs, and heaps upon heaps of cheap and generic cereal grain grit and toast. The flavoring, too, followed suit as expected. Notes of bland adjuncty and Pilsner grain, toasted almonds, white printer paper, cleaner wheaty maltiness, dust, harsh yeasty metallics, foil, lemon rind, sweat, burlap, light green grassy hops, pound cake sweetness, straw, and dried mushrooms flood the palate. The body is light and washes the flavoring out, and carbonation is high, bubbling actively on the palate. Each sip gives lightly appropriate slurp, smack, cream, froth, and crisp finishing pop. The foam around the mouth was robust, leaving the palate prickled, dried, and somewhat puckered. The abv was appropriate, and the beer drank like water.

Overall, what really is there to discuss about this beer?! It is simple. It is light. It is intently mild in flavoring. Obviously a popular beer for the masses, we've had this one countless times before. The occasion for rating came at a friend's wedding, and it was used mainly as a palate cleanser between much more satisfying nips of delicious bourbon.

2.23/5  rDev +2.8%

Thanks to my brother for graciously sharing this gem with me over Memorial Day weekend. Its been such a long time since ive tried any of this swill that it felt good to take a step back, reset the palate and just appreciate the glory of craft beer which I have been spoiled with all these years. My review may be biased because I was in a good mood while my team was crushing the opponent during a fierce bout of backyard horseshoes.

Decanted from a half barrel into a oversized clear plastic picture and then again finally into my red solo cup. The brew is a pristine piss yellow with a sudsy white froth that lasts atop. The smell is slightly corn-like and nothing else. The taste has mild sweetness, corn again, mild sulfur/carbonics and water. The feel is light, super cold (which I hear is indicadive of the style) and moderately carbonated from the double decanting. If I was forced to drink macro crap, I could tolerate this but im not drinking it if there are other choices available...like water.

2.6/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.5

As average as they come but still the best of the three major American lights (Coors, Bud, Miller)

3.09/5  rDev +42.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I feel like a fool for never reviewing this, as I have had 10,456 of them. If I give it a bad review, it will make me look like a masochist. One of things I like about this beer is that I can buy a 30 pack at Costco for 45 cents. Once I get them home I find them to be either a nice way to start the night (as they don't count as a drink) or a great way to end the night (don't waste a good drink if you can't stand up). This beer is liquid and not poisonous which gives it good points. It has little taste and makes me pee a lot which is bad. Overall I will likely buy 500 more of them this year, so I give it a thumbs up

4.59/5  rDev +111.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I thought Miller Lite was actually a very good beer the first time I tried it in a small bar in Menominee, Michigan.It was served in a standard 12 ounce beer glass. I really liked the taste of the beer. I was able to notice the flavor of the hops within the Lite beer. The mouthfeel and texture were very smooth. I will have this beer again in the future.

2.39/5  rDev +10.1%

Appearance – This one is just right for the style. It is light yellow in color and clear with some good carbonation. The head is big and white as the driven snow.

Smell – The nasty grain is thankfully faint, yet still can’t be ignored. I can actually smell some alcohol in this 4% ABV beer somehow.

Taste – This tastes like grain-flavored soda pop. There’s a pukish sweetness at the end that does indeed remind me of that sickening semi-sweet taste you get in your mouth after throwing up.

Mouthfeel – Light bodied of course and well-carbonated.

Drinkability – I got this out of the “guest tap” at the Flying Pig in Everett and couldn’t even finish the four ounce taster that they mistakenly brought me.

3.61/5  rDev +66.4%

Less of a beer and more of a way of life/business mandate for me. My occupation demands that I drink this often and in mass. When I’m out with work people (even at a good beer bar) I frequently have to stick to ML or perhaps High Life in order to keep up. Work sometimes dictates that I drink more than 10 beers in a night and I can down 10 MLs and still be sober. Try that with any craft and you’re toast. I don’t usually mind it too much, ML in the bottle makes for a decent session. If it’s ice cold and in a can it’s reminiscent of a camping or fishing trip for me. Either way it’s ok. On tap is a different story. ML on tap is just piss and indigestion in a glass. Forget about it even when it’s free. ML looks like corn colored piss. It tastes like water and pilsner malt when ice cold and corn syrup when cold to warm. It smells the same as it tastes. It doesn’t give much of a buzz. It IS LESS FILLING! It’s way better than bud light, that’s for damned sure. Since we are supposed to review “within the style” here on BA, I’ve gotta give this beer props. It’s about the best you can do in this pathetic style.

1.58/5  rDev -27.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

The best way to tackle a Miller Lite is to put it in the freezer until it's just about to freeze (don't actually let it freeze, though - nobody likes ice crystals in their beer). When it's a few degrees above freezing point, take it out of the freezer and try to drink it as fast as you can. Don't worry about brain freeze - the stinging in your head will only aid in distraction from the pain being unleashed upon your palate.

In all seriousness, it's hard to accurately rate something that's really this awful. It's a realm that's so far away from what we know as "beer" - and NOT in a good way (like as in Sam Adam's Utopias). Miller Lite is to beer what the Chicago Cubs are to baseball. Sure, there are people who pretend to like it, but most people don't actually enjoy it. And smarter people have move on to bigger and better things.

Miller Lite looks like a somewhat hydrated man's piss with even less foam. Smells like grains, metal, corn, and musk. Tastes like grains, metal, corn, musk. Unless you drink it ice cold - then it doesn't really taste like much at all (and that's the best thing you can hope for). Don't let this baby get too warm, or it'll be a long night. Mouth feel is like seltzer water and the drinkability is on par with lemonade.

I hate bashing for the sake of bashing, but there is really no reason to ever buy this beer.

1.26/5  rDev -41.9%

Look, we all know what this tastes like and even if we don't we can easily find out for like a dollar. So why would I bother to review it? Because damnit, I had to drink it so I might as well complain about it.

With so many family gatherings and friendly get-togethers taking place this holiday season, its inevitable that someone will eventually offer you this beer, or one of its ilk. So why not simply refuse? Maybe you don't want to appear the teetotaler in front of a bunch of party animals. Maybe someone's idea of how hospitable they are being is directly related to how much you injest while in their home, and you don't want to offend. Maybe you are surrounded by folks you see once a year and you just want something to make this situation bareable and give you something to do with your figety hands.

Whatever the reason, we give in. We take it. What we find inside that can is watery. It looks like pee, has wierd vegetabale smells, and stings the mouth with its soda-ish carbonation. However, perhaps not unlike the company we find ourselves surrounded by this time of year, we endure it for the sake of togetherness. We are reminded that giving is truly about sacrifice, and that can maybe make us feel a little warmer in the gut. While this feeling is nice in its own way, once a year is, decidedly, enough.

2.7/5  rDev +24.4%

Miller Lite in the bottle light lager style.

A- Pours pale yellow color with soft white foamy head that falls in the brew leaving no lacing at all.

S- Starchy corn scents are upfront followed by a mild malt smell.

T- Taste is alright for the style with smooth corn flavor, watered down malts and maybe a little hop bitterness at the end.

M-D- Smooth on the tongue but a forced dry feel make this kind of hard to swallow. Drinkablity is good for a long night of drinking.

3.28/5  rDev +51.2%

12oz. Vortex (tm) bottle poured into a fluted pilsner glass (really). Drink by date of Nov. 22 2010.

It pours a very pale straw, some may call it urine colored, but not that first morning urine. That's way too dark. It is capped by a brilliant white head that lasts for 30 seconds or so before dying into a small layer. Tiny champagne bubbles are constantly streaming from the bottom of the glass.

The nose is very dull and bland. Not so much going on there; maybe a little grainyness but pretty unoffensive. It is neither pleasant or bad, completely average is the best descripter I can use.

The taste is bland once again but that is the way it is designed. Some grainyness with a touch of sweet finish. I want to say I get a hint of corn but that could be the power of suggestion since I know it is brewed with it. Overall just like the smell it is neither good nor bad, just average in my mind for what a light lager should be.

The crispness and dryness of this beer is a major redeaming quality. This in turn it makes for a pretty high drinkability. I have many times drank more than I should have of this beer and have never felt full. I can not say the same after some craft beer binges.

This is my first light lager review, and since I rarely drink them I find it hard to accuratly judge them on their merrits. I have been planning a blind light lager tasting for a while now. I think that is really the only way I'll be able to actually judge these beers rather than downgrading them based purely on their style or the brewery that brews it.

3.17/5  rDev +46.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Best of the macro lite beers.

2.09/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Cheap beer... I guess that is why it is quite popular among youth. Heavily used for beer games, and hence nobody can ever escape it. I won't be having it, if I was NOT into saving money.

1.5/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I guess out of the macro light lagers, this is one of the better ones. But that is not saying much at all! It poured the typical clear/straw color with a minimal head that quickly faded into nothing. The smell was of grain and a slight malt scent as well. The taste was grain then a nasty sweetness that tried to cover up the brews nastyness, but instead just added to it. I don't know why any sane person would drink this on a regular basis.

2.08/5  rDev -4.1%

enjoyed many of these while on a camping trip in the wisconsin northwoods this past weekend. a good camping beer i guess.

A: a weak translucent yellow.

S: triple hops brewed? doubtful...

T: VERY thin. more like beer flavored water. good enough for beer pong i guess.

MF/D: certainly not worth the money. if you want cheap beer, go for some blatz or pbr. why spend more than 50 cents a can?

1.56/5  rDev -28.1%

My buddy had a party last night and he ended up gettin a half barrel of none other than Miller Lite. So, not being one to turn down a keg and not wanting to seem snobbish enough to bring my own personal beer, I drank it for the night.

Taste seems to be a little crisper out of the keg...but again there really is nothing to this brew. Thankfully, it was smokey as hell in his place so I couldn't really taste anything anyhow. It was decent for the night and it goes down like water...just with a little added color and carbonation...

2.83/5  rDev +30.4%

Im using almost the same reviews for American style light lagers

not gonna bother with serving type,
Im not the type to bash beers, for a company so successful, they can be given at least a respectable unbiased review, true beer drinkers are quick to bash american light lagers, but some are good for certain times, i cant sit at a game and throw back IPAs, or bourbon aged beers, but a light lager with a hot dog and peanuts on a hot day isnt so bad. Im a big beer pong fan, wont play with a $20 bottle of brooklyn black ops, now a review

Very pale yellow, white foamy head that can fade quick, light body mostly cause of using sugar and rice to keep the ABV up, the only way i can descibe the aroma is "beer" hops are faint just to make it enough to call it beer, Miller is among the best for this style of beer, its my "go to" when i go somewhere and dont wanna ask or think of a beer to drink, my dart game beer

2.09/5  rDev -3.7%

This is a social beer. It's nice if you've only got a ten in your pocket and want to down a six pack. It's good for getting drunk. However, it's watered down and not that complex. At least it's better than bud light. The one good aspect is that it can work well with a good bbq or a cheap New York Strip.

2.63/5  rDev +21.2%

So I'm visiting my daughter and son-in-law, it's late in the afternoon and I'm flying home the next day, and I'm out of beer. My son-in-law said I'm welcome to try his favorite beer, so I figured "What the hell. Why not?" This beer is an insipid yellow color with a small head. It has a vaguely sweet aroma, and a vaguely sweet taste. It felt like water. I suppose it's OK for a macro.

1.9/5  rDev -12.4%

10 onz can no visible freshness date

Appearance is a pale golden color with some white bubbles .

Smells like a light lager,water and grains,some veggies also.

About the Taste some grain,lots of water very light taste.

It the mouth it feels very light nothing great about this beer,there's plenty of other light beers that i think are best than this one,I don't see a reason to drink this beer anyway.

Served into a Coors Lite plastic glass at hotel. A managers reception with free beer, wine, brats, potato salad.
For free, I thought "what the hell"? Can't be that bad. After all, I'm thirsty and it tastes at least as good as water.
Wrong.
Took a sip and I thought my God! this is really bad!
I don't get it. Even if all you want is something to drink a lot of how can someone drink this??
Drain pour.
The brats and potato salad were great though.

2.05/5  rDev -5.5%

It's better than Coor's Light, at least it was on Thursday when I was standing in an unheated garage in Rochester at 10 PM staring at stock cars while conducting the spur-of-the-moment "hey, it's free" comparison test.

Again, no idea of the color as I never saw it on the way from the can to my piehole. Definitely more "beerlike" than tha Bullet, with less of an off-grainy taste - I'll agree with a previous reviewer about a nuttiness to the flavor. May have briefly detected a hop in there somewhere as well. Not a bad pull if you're at a party with a big ol' cooler full of mixed cans of heavily advertised beer.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.