Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Reviews by IkeMan90:

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: 24oz large can (No. 13) slapped with lots of witty marketing jive, and a wide mouth opening. No freshness date.

Appearance: Very pale yellow in colour with a fine wispy head of carbonation.

Smell: Clean, semi-floral to the nose with hints of grain.

Taste: Light graininess, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The tight carbonation mingles with a slight steely flavour, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. As the brew warms, notes of dimethyl sulfide (cooked corn) become noticeable. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavour in the back of the mouth and tongue.

Notes: As far as lite beers go, it's not horrible, but it is still a lite beer ... why bother drinking this on a normal basis?

2.35/5  rDev +8.8%

This the usual light brewski, same as the rest ... one of the better light beers out there for sure if you are a stickiler to styles. Light bodied, thin lace and minimal head retention. Lots of corn in the aroma and flavor, finishes pretty damn dry. More or less a sad excuse for beer.

4.61/5  rDev +113.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I thought Miller Lite was actually a very good beer the first time I tried it in a small bar in Menominee, Michigan.It was served in a standard 12 ounce beer glass. I really liked the taste of the beer. I was able to notice the flavor of the hops within the Lite beer. The mouthfeel and texture were very smooth. I will have this beer again in the future.

2.35/5  rDev +8.8%

Appearance – This one is just right for the style. It is light yellow in color and clear with some good carbonation. The head is big and white as the driven snow.

Smell – The nasty grain is thankfully faint, yet still can’t be ignored. I can actually smell some alcohol in this 4% ABV beer somehow.

Taste – This tastes like grain-flavored soda pop. There’s a pukish sweetness at the end that does indeed remind me of that sickening semi-sweet taste you get in your mouth after throwing up.

Mouthfeel – Light bodied of course and well-carbonated.

Drinkability – I got this out of the “guest tap” at the Flying Pig in Everett and couldn’t even finish the four ounce taster that they mistakenly brought me.

3.63/5  rDev +68.1%

Less of a beer and more of a way of life/business mandate for me. My occupation demands that I drink this often and in mass. When I’m out with work people (even at a good beer bar) I frequently have to stick to ML or perhaps High Life in order to keep up. Work sometimes dictates that I drink more than 10 beers in a night and I can down 10 MLs and still be sober. Try that with any craft and you’re toast. I don’t usually mind it too much, ML in the bottle makes for a decent session. If it’s ice cold and in a can it’s reminiscent of a camping or fishing trip for me. Either way it’s ok. On tap is a different story. ML on tap is just piss and indigestion in a glass. Forget about it even when it’s free. ML looks like corn colored piss. It tastes like water and pilsner malt when ice cold and corn syrup when cold to warm. It smells the same as it tastes. It doesn’t give much of a buzz. It IS LESS FILLING! It’s way better than bud light, that’s for damned sure. Since we are supposed to review “within the style” here on BA, I’ve gotta give this beer props. It’s about the best you can do in this pathetic style.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

The best way to tackle a Miller Lite is to put it in the freezer until it's just about to freeze (don't actually let it freeze, though - nobody likes ice crystals in their beer). When it's a few degrees above freezing point, take it out of the freezer and try to drink it as fast as you can. Don't worry about brain freeze - the stinging in your head will only aid in distraction from the pain being unleashed upon your palate.

In all seriousness, it's hard to accurately rate something that's really this awful. It's a realm that's so far away from what we know as "beer" - and NOT in a good way (like as in Sam Adam's Utopias). Miller Lite is to beer what the Chicago Cubs are to baseball. Sure, there are people who pretend to like it, but most people don't actually enjoy it. And smarter people have move on to bigger and better things.

Miller Lite looks like a somewhat hydrated man's piss with even less foam. Smells like grains, metal, corn, and musk. Tastes like grains, metal, corn, musk. Unless you drink it ice cold - then it doesn't really taste like much at all (and that's the best thing you can hope for). Don't let this baby get too warm, or it'll be a long night. Mouth feel is like seltzer water and the drinkability is on par with lemonade.

I hate bashing for the sake of bashing, but there is really no reason to ever buy this beer.

1.27/5  rDev -41.2%

Look, we all know what this tastes like and even if we don't we can easily find out for like a dollar. So why would I bother to review it? Because damnit, I had to drink it so I might as well complain about it.

With so many family gatherings and friendly get-togethers taking place this holiday season, its inevitable that someone will eventually offer you this beer, or one of its ilk. So why not simply refuse? Maybe you don't want to appear the teetotaler in front of a bunch of party animals. Maybe someone's idea of how hospitable they are being is directly related to how much you injest while in their home, and you don't want to offend. Maybe you are surrounded by folks you see once a year and you just want something to make this situation bareable and give you something to do with your figety hands.

Whatever the reason, we give in. We take it. What we find inside that can is watery. It looks like pee, has wierd vegetabale smells, and stings the mouth with its soda-ish carbonation. However, perhaps not unlike the company we find ourselves surrounded by this time of year, we endure it for the sake of togetherness. We are reminded that giving is truly about sacrifice, and that can maybe make us feel a little warmer in the gut. While this feeling is nice in its own way, once a year is, decidedly, enough.

2.75/5  rDev +27.3%

Miller Lite in the bottle light lager style.

A- Pours pale yellow color with soft white foamy head that falls in the brew leaving no lacing at all.

S- Starchy corn scents are upfront followed by a mild malt smell.

T- Taste is alright for the style with smooth corn flavor, watered down malts and maybe a little hop bitterness at the end.

M-D- Smooth on the tongue but a forced dry feel make this kind of hard to swallow. Drinkablity is good for a long night of drinking.

3.28/5  rDev +51.9%

12oz. Vortex (tm) bottle poured into a fluted pilsner glass (really). Drink by date of Nov. 22 2010.

It pours a very pale straw, some may call it urine colored, but not that first morning urine. That's way too dark. It is capped by a brilliant white head that lasts for 30 seconds or so before dying into a small layer. Tiny champagne bubbles are constantly streaming from the bottom of the glass.

The nose is very dull and bland. Not so much going on there; maybe a little grainyness but pretty unoffensive. It is neither pleasant or bad, completely average is the best descripter I can use.

The taste is bland once again but that is the way it is designed. Some grainyness with a touch of sweet finish. I want to say I get a hint of corn but that could be the power of suggestion since I know it is brewed with it. Overall just like the smell it is neither good nor bad, just average in my mind for what a light lager should be.

The crispness and dryness of this beer is a major redeaming quality. This in turn it makes for a pretty high drinkability. I have many times drank more than I should have of this beer and have never felt full. I can not say the same after some craft beer binges.

This is my first light lager review, and since I rarely drink them I find it hard to accuratly judge them on their merrits. I have been planning a blind light lager tasting for a while now. I think that is really the only way I'll be able to actually judge these beers rather than downgrading them based purely on their style or the brewery that brews it.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

1.5/5  rDev -30.6%

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.