Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,078 | Reviews: 1,212
4.45/5  rDev +105.1%

this is a classic lager with a very high drinkability anfd a good taste. the beer is very generic but flavor is nice. this i one of choice for my wife and most of the community and I think is because of the less filling part of the beer. the phrase drink more and feel less full is the term well said. This beer i like but I don't buy too much of.

4.29/5  rDev +97.7%

Good Old ML. What a great thing, you can drink it all night and not get sick of it. Most bars ahve it on tap. If im in a beer mood (not often) i'll get Miller lite in a Pint glass, if at parties, ML in a can is good.

A - Looks like any other beer, nothin special. Golden in color.

S - Smell Is nothin original, but is very appitizing to the lips after the nose hits it.

T - Tastes completely delicious. Once it flows down the Troat, It stays with ya for a little while, but after a few seconds you just wanna put you lips on the can again to take another swig.

4.28/5  rDev +97.2%

One of the best light lagers in the US market, much better overall then other mass produced beers.

A=A yellowish-brown color with a frothy head that dissipates quickly (much darker than the other big American brewers light beers-coors, bud)

S=Decent barley aroma with a touch of hops, aroma volatiles are a little stronger then most light lagers

T=For a light beer it has a good "beer" flavor, not a watered down taste at all, very consistent taste

M=High levels of carbonation, very low viscosity

D=This is a beer you can drink all night without getting sick of it.

4.28/5  rDev +97.2%

Well now, let me preface this by saying that this is not a good beer. It is good for the style, hence the numbers, but it is not good if taken out of that particular arena.
Having said that, this is the most beer-tasting lite beer I've ever had. Slight malt and corn presence with a crisp, bubbly (very thin) body and a sweet aftertaste. I wouldn't mind knocking a few of these back. Heck, I might even buy a pitcher of it if I were out with a crowd that didn't dig real beers.
Overall: It is drinkable, which for a lite beer, is a huge accomplishment.
I didn't hate it.

4.26/5  rDev +96.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Great light beer! I think it has a very distinct smell and taste. It is a balanced light beer which I am starting to think I like more than bud light. It seems to have much more flavor and body. Overall for a light beer would surely recommend! Enjoy all Advocates!!

4.21/5  rDev +94%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A - Clear golden body with one finger of white head that goes away quickly but leaves no lacing

S - Faint malt and wheat mixture

T - Light malt and wheat flavor that is refreshing

M - Medium body with medium carbonation

D - Easy to drink and enjoyable given the right circumstances

4.2/5  rDev +93.5%

Pours super light yellow...it almost looks like soda-ish, like sprite but yellow.
Smells faintly of rice and grain..FAINTLY!
Taste is really light. it's hard to pick out a lot about it, but very clean and refined tasting.
Mouthfeel is light and carbonated nothingness
Drinkability is great...I once drank a 20 pack of these!

Dudes, if your're going out and want to hang for the long haul, you can drink these all night. Great beer for 5 hour sessions. One weird thing is though, the buzz actually seems lighter than with real beers. I like these sometimes. Good for long days at the beach. This beer brings back a lot of memories. I will always go back to it at times. It has it's place and time. I mean, what do you want from a super light macro beer? I'll tell you what i want...Drinkability. I think a bunch of people are not reviewing beers according to the style of the beer. I mean, are you going to sit here and say "This stout is too full bodied"? This beer is brewed to taste like nothing. And thats just what it is. I can't think of a better super light macro beer. Best served BALLS COLD!

4.19/5  rDev +93.1%

For a lite beer it is pretty good.

4.19/5  rDev +93.1%

Keeping in mind the category (Light Lager), Miller Lite is a very good beer. In fact, it is almost the epitome of the American Light Lager class.

It looks very nice with a golden color and has a very light, but distinctly lager taste. On a hot day, it is perfect and highly drinkable. On a cold day, it is a bit thin.

4.12/5  rDev +89.9%

Pours a beautiful crystal clear yellow.

The aroma is kinda lagery and corny.

Tastes of water corn and rice with a touch of skunk.

Mouthfeel is quite nice. It's smooth light and crisp.

For what it is I think it's a great easy drinking beach beer.

4.11/5  rDev +89.4%

I do not usually like light beers except Bud light lime and maybe bud light platinum when I want to feel it and quench my thirst at the same time. I love miller lite and hate all other light beers including plain bud light. Miller lite is watery but refreshing on a hot day, the other beers are watery and taste nasty. I am a dark beer fan but I gotta say, miller saves the day when I'm broke, it's hot, and I want beer.

4.1/5  rDev +88.9%

You have to rate beer by what it is. Miller Lite is the original light beer and is the only premium american light beer worth drinking. Good color, aroma, and taste. Does not have that skunk smell that bud light has. Truly the best american light beer. Great Taste....Less Filling

4.09/5  rDev +88.5%

Presentation: Tapped

You may not be the biggest fan of American Domestic big name brewers but you cannot doubt the power they have held over the beer market and that is for a reason. If you take a taste test with a draft Miller Lite and a draft Youngs DB Chocolate Stout, you would be surprised at how tasty that Miller Lite actually is, when paired together on tap. It is supreme in it's drinkability yet a unique taste of corn/straw/malt lingers and quickly diminishes after each sip. I enjoy this beer as a session beer anytime of the year. Unlike with Bud Light and Corona where I can not just pop one open.. Well I would need a lime to take the Corona - And if beer pong or flip cup are in play, then Bud Light has a chance of consumption on my part.

So back to this Miller Lite:
Smell is of corn and malt.

Mouthfeel is slightly carbonated with punchy hints of barley and a slight tinge of corn again - And the corn is growing on me! Ever since I saw Field of Dreams I've wanted to live and co-habitate in corn fields; as well I've wanted to live in a forrest with Eiwoks and cruise on hover boards in a future time zone...but that is for another day.

This Lite beer is not a LIGHT beer it is a little bit different and it's golden flow is pristine. Feel the crispness sooth your need for a lite and fulfilling beer, just as Youngs DB Choc. Stout fulfills the need for it's own purpose.
Appearance: A golden god. But if I had my choice, which I do, I would go past Miller Lite and onto the High Life, especially when taking the 12 pack.

And if I was in a different store ready to spend, I might even move onto a craft/micro brew of choice with a similar golden light feeling but perhaps with some more hop twist involved: see: Prima Pils from Victory Brewing or the Lagunitas Pils.

4.08/5  rDev +88%

Keep in mind that this review is about the style, not my personal tastes.

Pours deep yellow, lots of head that runs away like cockroaches when the light's flicked on. Better color than most macros I've seen.

Corn and sweet maltiness; could not detect hops

Sweet and corn once again, but at least it has some kind of flavor. Like I said, great for the style.

Fizzy and thin in my mouth.

Great drinkability. Drink it cold and fast. It's what it's for. This is the beer I pick if I find myself in unfortunate bmc-only situations.

4.08/5  rDev +88%

At the first whiff after the cap comes off, the odor brings a common or everyday average brew to your mind. Upon the first sip, you can right off the bat tell its a light beer even if the label is ripped off or its on tap. The smell alone brings an average, not not be appealing to some. As the beer sits in your mouth you can defiantly feel the carbantion and the freshness. I give the drinkability something rare and perhaps good. May seem like an average beer to some, but good to me. I suggest to drink it down cold. You can tell this isn't supposed to be a specialty beer, but defiantly beats Bud Light in the taste test to my standerds.

4.06/5  rDev +87.1%

Great lite beer for price

4.03/5  rDev +85.7%

This is one of my favorite beers. Sure it's a macro so it's not exceptional but is definitely my choice to take fishing or tailgating. Of course there is better beer, but for an American lager it's one of the elites. Much better than Bud Light and the silver bullet.

My go to cheap domestic light beer.

This is now my daily driver. It's really smooth and goes down easy and tastes like beer. There's some corn taste to it which I like but it's basically like every other beer. It doesn't give me a lot of horrible poops and farts; just some poops and farts.

For top selling macro lager light beer this one is best. It beat Bud Light and Coors Light for some flavor only THiss review is about the style lager light beer, not my personal tastes.

Appreance: Yellow color looks like a beer.

Smell Corn and maltiness; no hops

Taste : It taste of sweet and corn it has some taste at least compare to Coors and Bud,

Mouthfeel : It is fizzy and thin mouth. like light beer.

Overall : It is drinkability. I try to drank it cold and fast. I would pick this beer If I was fulll on food and I di not want to feeli bloated. It by far better then Coors light and Bud Light.

Classic american standby.

3.98/5  rDev +83.4%

This is the best tasting lawnmower beer and everyday drinker. Gives least amount of hangover and has best taste for any American style lite beer. Best beer for a night out drinking 4+ beers and not feeling bloated and sick that night or next day. If you are in a situation where you are drinking for a long period of time, there is simply no better choice.

3.98/5  rDev +83.4%

A - nice clean crisp yellow. Nice head with good retention. some lacing too, not bad.

S - Nice light crisp. Slightly watery.

T - Very refreshing. Super good served ice cold, great for the style.

M - Perfect!

O - Best of the BMC group, plus I like their gimmicks ;) Seriously, for the style, the brew is pretty decent.

3.98/5  rDev +83.4%

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one.

3.93/5  rDev +81.1%

Miller Lite! Classic brew enjoyed for decades!
Good beer. Probably my favorite light beer out of the big guys - Coors Light, Bud Light, any other light. I drink this a lot when it is on sale or with some die hard Miller Lite drinkers. If I am at a bar and I buy the round with those hombres I buy Budweiser. When it's one of their turns they buy Miller Lite. It's just a great game to play when watching WWF on the bar tv and no hotties are around to look at. It's Miller Time!

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.