1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
View: Beers (26) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,905 | Reviews: 1,007 | Show All Ratings:
midaszero

Washington

4.25/5  rDev +97.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A - Clear golden body with one finger of white head that goes away quickly but leaves no lacing

S - Faint malt and wheat mixture

T - Light malt and wheat flavor that is refreshing

M - Medium body with medium carbonation

D - Easy to drink and enjoyable given the right circumstances

02-28-2009 18:38:01 | More by midaszero
righlander

4.2/5  rDev +95.3%

Pours super light yellow...it almost looks like soda-ish, like sprite but yellow.
Smells faintly of rice and grain..FAINTLY!
Taste is really light. it's hard to pick out a lot about it, but very clean and refined tasting.
Mouthfeel is light and carbonated nothingness
Drinkability is great...I once drank a 20 pack of these!

Dudes, if your're going out and want to hang for the long haul, you can drink these all night. Great beer for 5 hour sessions. One weird thing is though, the buzz actually seems lighter than with real beers. I like these sometimes. Good for long days at the beach. This beer brings back a lot of memories. I will always go back to it at times. It has it's place and time. I mean, what do you want from a super light macro beer? I'll tell you what i want...Drinkability. I think a bunch of people are not reviewing beers according to the style of the beer. I mean, are you going to sit here and say "This stout is too full bodied"? This beer is brewed to taste like nothing. And thats just what it is. I can't think of a better super light macro beer. Best served BALLS COLD!

05-24-2008 05:11:52 | More by righlander
aibkstaff

4.18/5  rDev +94.4%

Pours a beautiful crystal clear yellow.

The aroma is kinda lagery and corny.

Tastes of water corn and rice with a touch of skunk.

Mouthfeel is quite nice. It's smooth light and crisp.

For what it is I think it's a great easy drinking beach beer.

12-03-2012 17:40:39 | More by aibkstaff
DMXLOX22

4.13/5  rDev +92.1%

At the first whiff after the cap comes off, the odor brings a common or everyday average brew to your mind. Upon the first sip, you can right off the bat tell its a light beer even if the label is ripped off or its on tap. The smell alone brings an average, not not be appealing to some. As the beer sits in your mouth you can defiantly feel the carbantion and the freshness. I give the drinkability something rare and perhaps good. May seem like an average beer to some, but good to me. I suggest to drink it down cold. You can tell this isn't supposed to be a specialty beer, but defiantly beats Bud Light in the taste test to my standerds.

06-15-2004 19:53:12 | More by DMXLOX22
tyhillman

Mississippi

4.13/5  rDev +92.1%

This is one of my favorite beers. Sure it's a macro so it's not exceptional but is definitely my choice to take fishing or tailgating. Of course there is better beer, but for an American lager it's one of the elites. Much better than Bud Light and the silver bullet.

07-23-2009 19:50:53 | More by tyhillman
milljs

Kentucky

4.1/5  rDev +90.7%

You have to rate beer by what it is. Miller Lite is the original light beer and is the only premium american light beer worth drinking. Good color, aroma, and taste. Does not have that skunk smell that bud light has. Truly the best american light beer. Great Taste....Less Filling

08-15-2006 17:52:55 | More by milljs
bboven

4.1/5  rDev +90.7%

Keep in mind that this review is about the style, not my personal tastes.

Pours deep yellow, lots of head that runs away like cockroaches when the light's flicked on. Better color than most macros I've seen.

Corn and sweet maltiness; could not detect hops

Sweet and corn once again, but at least it has some kind of flavor. Like I said, great for the style.

Fizzy and thin in my mouth.

Great drinkability. Drink it cold and fast. It's what it's for. This is the beer I pick if I find myself in unfortunate bmc-only situations.

08-05-2007 21:23:21 | More by bboven
BeerMeHearMe

Presentation: Tapped

You may not be the biggest fan of American Domestic big name brewers but you cannot doubt the power they have held over the beer market and that is for a reason. If you take a taste test with a draft Miller Lite and a draft Youngs DB Chocolate Stout, you would be surprised at how tasty that Miller Lite actually is, when paired together on tap. It is supreme in it's drinkability yet a unique taste of corn/straw/malt lingers and quickly diminishes after each sip. I enjoy this beer as a session beer anytime of the year. Unlike with Bud Light and Corona where I can not just pop one open.. Well I would need a lime to take the Corona - And if beer pong or flip cup are in play, then Bud Light has a chance of consumption on my part.

So back to this Miller Lite:
Smell is of corn and malt.

Mouthfeel is slightly carbonated with punchy hints of barley and a slight tinge of corn again - And the corn is growing on me! Ever since I saw Field of Dreams I've wanted to live and co-habitate in corn fields; as well I've wanted to live in a forrest with Eiwoks and cruise on hover boards in a future time zone...but that is for another day.

This Lite beer is not a LIGHT beer it is a little bit different and it's golden flow is pristine. Feel the crispness sooth your need for a lite and fulfilling beer, just as Youngs DB Choc. Stout fulfills the need for it's own purpose.
Appearance: A golden god. But if I had my choice, which I do, I would go past Miller Lite and onto the High Life, especially when taking the 12 pack.

And if I was in a different store ready to spend, I might even move onto a craft/micro brew of choice with a similar golden light feeling but perhaps with some more hop twist involved: see: Prima Pils from Victory Brewing or the Lagunitas Pils.

02-27-2009 18:46:03 | More by BeerMeHearMe
malsprower

Vermont

4.09/5  rDev +90.2%

I do not usually like light beers except Bud light lime and maybe bud light platinum when I want to feel it and quench my thirst at the same time. I love miller lite and hate all other light beers including plain bud light. Miller lite is watery but refreshing on a hot day, the other beers are watery and taste nasty. I am a dark beer fan but I gotta say, miller saves the day when I'm broke, it's hot, and I want beer.

09-09-2013 22:28:49 | More by malsprower
brunrn1

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one.

02-18-2011 14:13:56 | More by brunrn1
chugalug06

Colorado

A - nice clean crisp yellow. Nice head with good retention. some lacing too, not bad.

S - Nice light crisp. Slightly watery.

T - Very refreshing. Super good served ice cold, great for the style.

M - Perfect!

O - Best of the BMC group, plus I like their gimmicks ;) Seriously, for the style, the brew is pretty decent.

09-18-2011 01:32:02 | More by chugalug06
bbluemzbeer

For top selling macro lager light beer this one is best. It beat Bud Light and Coors Light for some flavor only THiss review is about the style lager light beer, not my personal tastes.

Appreance: Yellow color looks like a beer.

Smell Corn and maltiness; no hops

Taste : It taste of sweet and corn it has some taste at least compare to Coors and Bud,

Mouthfeel : It is fizzy and thin mouth. like light beer.

Overall : It is drinkability. I try to drank it cold and fast. I would pick this beer If I was fulll on food and I di not want to feeli bloated. It by far better then Coors light and Bud Light.

05-28-2013 02:35:35 | More by bbluemzbeer
eb003

Kentucky

3.95/5  rDev +83.7%

This is the one that never leaves my fridge. I know it's not the creme de la creme of beers, but for an American style light/lite brew...it's what I consider the best. I do think it has more flavor than most light beers...not near as wattery. It's on my list as a great drinkable beer. I have other beers higher on my list...imports and micro brews, but again... it never leaves my fridge. Pretty darn good beer in my humble opinion.

12-01-2005 04:03:05 | More by eb003
critterbug

Wisconsin

3.93/5  rDev +82.8%

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this beer. I've had the gamut of beer the expensive craft beers, Sam Adams, the frat boy beers (Red Dog) and everything in between. Miller Lite is a great lite beer for the price. Good beer to relax with at the end of a day without too many calories to make you bloated.

01-21-2010 21:48:16 | More by critterbug
EmericaMoon

3.93/5  rDev +82.8%

well personally i do think that this is my favorite lite beer out of them all thats why i am ranking it so high. the taste is really light almost to light but if your trying to drink alot of beer with out getting to drunk i think this beer would be smart to lean on.

10-13-2010 19:55:25 | More by EmericaMoon
uabigdaz

Arizona

3.88/5  rDev +80.5%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock.

05-08-2006 02:55:32 | More by uabigdaz
STKPICR0720

Alabama

3.85/5  rDev +79.1%

Of course no the greatest beer in the world. Allthough this is IMO the greatest cheap ass beer in the world. Alot better than Natty and does not taste like sugar like Bud Light. A great palate cleanser inbetween great beers. I also love drinking this beer on hot days. A great college beer or pong beer. Always good to have a first love until the next one comes.

04-16-2011 06:09:07 | More by STKPICR0720
semihobo

3.75/5  rDev +74.4%

Miller Lite got left at my house for a barbecue tomorrow... but I've seen the Man Law commercials, I think that when it enters my fridge it becomes my beer, right?

Served nice and chilly out of the fridge. Weak head retention, leaving a weak net of bubbles floating in the center. Clear, yellow, very bubbly... bubbles are good for the style.

Not a strong smell, mostly adjunct grains, especially corn. Slight kiss of hops. Does not worsen as it warms.

Taste is mild, pure smooth grains. Finish is watery but I caught some slightly bittering hops with a grassy taste. Very little taste but no off-notes at all... so many macro lights are watery-bad, this is watery-good.

Mouthfeel is crisp, light bodied and bubbly. Again, smooth finish with no off or skunky notes.

A solid example of an above-average light lager. Having consumed a lot of light lager (lots of variety and lots of consumption), I feel safe saying that this compares favorably to Bud Light and Coors Light, not to mention Keystone, Busch, etc. Considering that the style is designed to be low ABV, subdued "smooth" taste that is as inoffensive as possible, this one is right on. Don't hate the player, hate the game...

06-22-2007 23:33:19 | More by semihobo
dopehousex3

3.75/5  rDev +74.4%

Out of all the light American beers I like Miller lite the most. It has a nice color, really smooth when ice cold. Its great for tailgating and just hanging out with friends and knocking a few back. My second choice would be Coors lite. But I would recomend this beer for anyone looking for a good like domestic beer.

03-14-2010 06:19:56 | More by dopehousex3
trombley49

3.75/5  rDev +74.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is the beer i take with me everywhere I go, I enjoy this beer. I think it is the best domestic beer out there (big company). I enjoy the push tab top and the smoothness of the pour or drink from the new designed can they have now. I think this beer goes well at any barbeque and is universal enough that anyone will drink and enjoy this beer.

07-15-2013 12:59:08 | More by trombley49
Wrigfen

South Carolina

3.73/5  rDev +73.5%

If you are going to drink a light beer then this is the best one I found so far based on calories per alcholol content and overall taste. Let's face it a light beer will never compete with most good regular beers but if you want a few and are counting calories this is my number 1 in the low calorie category. My regular staple.

02-23-2013 19:10:38 | More by Wrigfen
sweett3k

3.7/5  rDev +72.1%

I know we all enjoy the hand craft beer but I wanted to rate my favorite light macro beer. This is a Go to beer for all occasions. Looks like a macro beer, clear, golden yellow, clean white head. Smell of grain and slight hops. Love the taste for a light lager clean and crisp. Smooth and very easy to drink. Drink these all day and the next.

03-09-2011 22:06:35 | More by sweett3k
fear025

3.7/5  rDev +72.1%

Aroma:Just a little malt aroma. Smells a little bit sweet and there may be some floral hop aroma in there.

Appearance:Very pale yellow in color. Good amount of white head that does not last very long. Very clear with visible bubbles.

Taste:Flavor is crisp and dry, but watery. Very little hop flavor and bitterness. There's not a whole lot to this, but at least there's not off flavors.

Mouthfeel:Very good carbonation, body is very light. Kind of like carbonated water with just a hint of bite.

Drinkability:For the style, this beer holds up very well. Very little complexity and low alcohol makes it a good alternative in countries where the water is not safe to drink.

04-03-2011 18:09:25 | More by fear025
RyanS107

3.68/5  rDev +71.2%

This is a true American classic. Note, American. This is as domestic as you can get, but when you cannot afford those great expensive beers (or when you get to that point that you cannot tell the taste) this is what you go for. If ever in Milwaukee, I highly recomend the tour of Miller Brewing and the free sample of this beer. The fresh clean taste will make you have a new appreciation.

01-03-2005 03:03:27 | More by RyanS107
rousee

3.68/5  rDev +71.2%

Review to style as they say and for a mass produced macro swill this is my favorite for just chillin and enjoying some beer thats not gonna get me too wasted.

The appearance on all of em (macro swills) is pretty nice gold straw with continued effervescence throughout and a good carbonation level. Extremely drinkable and the flavor is a very mellow german or czech type hops. They arent making it strong but it still tastes like one of the beers I grew up with. To hell with beer snobbishness. Sometimes the truth might not be what you want to hear or believe.

I will happily drink miller lite anytime unless I'm really in the mood for something stronger & that might not even be a beer.

03-08-2011 03:12:32 | More by rousee
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.