Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,082 | Reviews: 1,213
4.11/5  rDev +89.4%

I do not usually like light beers except Bud light lime and maybe bud light platinum when I want to feel it and quench my thirst at the same time. I love miller lite and hate all other light beers including plain bud light. Miller lite is watery but refreshing on a hot day, the other beers are watery and taste nasty. I am a dark beer fan but I gotta say, miller saves the day when I'm broke, it's hot, and I want beer.

4.1/5  rDev +88.9%

You have to rate beer by what it is. Miller Lite is the original light beer and is the only premium american light beer worth drinking. Good color, aroma, and taste. Does not have that skunk smell that bud light has. Truly the best american light beer. Great Taste....Less Filling

4.09/5  rDev +88.5%

Presentation: Tapped

You may not be the biggest fan of American Domestic big name brewers but you cannot doubt the power they have held over the beer market and that is for a reason. If you take a taste test with a draft Miller Lite and a draft Youngs DB Chocolate Stout, you would be surprised at how tasty that Miller Lite actually is, when paired together on tap. It is supreme in it's drinkability yet a unique taste of corn/straw/malt lingers and quickly diminishes after each sip. I enjoy this beer as a session beer anytime of the year. Unlike with Bud Light and Corona where I can not just pop one open.. Well I would need a lime to take the Corona - And if beer pong or flip cup are in play, then Bud Light has a chance of consumption on my part.

So back to this Miller Lite:
Smell is of corn and malt.

Mouthfeel is slightly carbonated with punchy hints of barley and a slight tinge of corn again - And the corn is growing on me! Ever since I saw Field of Dreams I've wanted to live and co-habitate in corn fields; as well I've wanted to live in a forrest with Eiwoks and cruise on hover boards in a future time zone...but that is for another day.

This Lite beer is not a LIGHT beer it is a little bit different and it's golden flow is pristine. Feel the crispness sooth your need for a lite and fulfilling beer, just as Youngs DB Choc. Stout fulfills the need for it's own purpose.
Appearance: A golden god. But if I had my choice, which I do, I would go past Miller Lite and onto the High Life, especially when taking the 12 pack.

And if I was in a different store ready to spend, I might even move onto a craft/micro brew of choice with a similar golden light feeling but perhaps with some more hop twist involved: see: Prima Pils from Victory Brewing or the Lagunitas Pils.

4.08/5  rDev +88%

Keep in mind that this review is about the style, not my personal tastes.

Pours deep yellow, lots of head that runs away like cockroaches when the light's flicked on. Better color than most macros I've seen.

Corn and sweet maltiness; could not detect hops

Sweet and corn once again, but at least it has some kind of flavor. Like I said, great for the style.

Fizzy and thin in my mouth.

Great drinkability. Drink it cold and fast. It's what it's for. This is the beer I pick if I find myself in unfortunate bmc-only situations.

4.08/5  rDev +88%

At the first whiff after the cap comes off, the odor brings a common or everyday average brew to your mind. Upon the first sip, you can right off the bat tell its a light beer even if the label is ripped off or its on tap. The smell alone brings an average, not not be appealing to some. As the beer sits in your mouth you can defiantly feel the carbantion and the freshness. I give the drinkability something rare and perhaps good. May seem like an average beer to some, but good to me. I suggest to drink it down cold. You can tell this isn't supposed to be a specialty beer, but defiantly beats Bud Light in the taste test to my standerds.

4.06/5  rDev +87.1%

Great lite beer for price

4.03/5  rDev +85.7%

This is one of my favorite beers. Sure it's a macro so it's not exceptional but is definitely my choice to take fishing or tailgating. Of course there is better beer, but for an American lager it's one of the elites. Much better than Bud Light and the silver bullet.

My go to cheap domestic light beer.

This is now my daily driver. It's really smooth and goes down easy and tastes like beer. There's some corn taste to it which I like but it's basically like every other beer. It doesn't give me a lot of horrible poops and farts; just some poops and farts.

For top selling macro lager light beer this one is best. It beat Bud Light and Coors Light for some flavor only THiss review is about the style lager light beer, not my personal tastes.

Appreance: Yellow color looks like a beer.

Smell Corn and maltiness; no hops

Taste : It taste of sweet and corn it has some taste at least compare to Coors and Bud,

Mouthfeel : It is fizzy and thin mouth. like light beer.

Overall : It is drinkability. I try to drank it cold and fast. I would pick this beer If I was fulll on food and I di not want to feeli bloated. It by far better then Coors light and Bud Light.

Classic american standby.

3.98/5  rDev +83.4%

This is the best tasting lawnmower beer and everyday drinker. Gives least amount of hangover and has best taste for any American style lite beer. Best beer for a night out drinking 4+ beers and not feeling bloated and sick that night or next day. If you are in a situation where you are drinking for a long period of time, there is simply no better choice.

3.98/5  rDev +83.4%

A - nice clean crisp yellow. Nice head with good retention. some lacing too, not bad.

S - Nice light crisp. Slightly watery.

T - Very refreshing. Super good served ice cold, great for the style.

M - Perfect!

O - Best of the BMC group, plus I like their gimmicks ;) Seriously, for the style, the brew is pretty decent.

3.98/5  rDev +83.4%

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one.

3.93/5  rDev +81.1%

Miller Lite! Classic brew enjoyed for decades!
Good beer. Probably my favorite light beer out of the big guys - Coors Light, Bud Light, any other light. I drink this a lot when it is on sale or with some die hard Miller Lite drinkers. If I am at a bar and I buy the round with those hombres I buy Budweiser. When it's one of their turns they buy Miller Lite. It's just a great game to play when watching WWF on the bar tv and no hotties are around to look at. It's Miller Time!

3.9/5  rDev +79.7%

This is the one that never leaves my fridge. I know it's not the creme de la creme of beers, but for an American style light/lite brew...it's what I consider the best. I do think it has more flavor than most light beers...not near as wattery. It's on my list as a great drinkable beer. I have other beers higher on my list...imports and micro brews, but again... it never leaves my fridge. Pretty darn good beer in my humble opinion.

3.88/5  rDev +78.8%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

3.88/5  rDev +78.8%

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this beer. I've had the gamut of beer the expensive craft beers, Sam Adams, the frat boy beers (Red Dog) and everything in between. Miller Lite is a great lite beer for the price. Good beer to relax with at the end of a day without too many calories to make you bloated.

3.87/5  rDev +78.3%

well personally i do think that this is my favorite lite beer out of them all thats why i am ranking it so high. the taste is really light almost to light but if your trying to drink alot of beer with out getting to drunk i think this beer would be smart to lean on.

3.83/5  rDev +76.5%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge.

3.82/5  rDev +76%

Of course no the greatest beer in the world. Allthough this is IMO the greatest cheap ass beer in the world. Alot better than Natty and does not taste like sugar like Bud Light. A great palate cleanser inbetween great beers. I also love drinking this beer on hot days. A great college beer or pong beer. Always good to have a first love until the next one comes.

3.82/5  rDev +76%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock.

Classic American beer for holidays

3.78/5  rDev +74.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Out of the AAL category, this isn't too bad (especially compared to light beers). At least has a good amount flavor compared to the other light beers. I'm reaching for this over Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Coors Light, and Bud every single day if that's what's available. By far the best light beer.

3.75/5  rDev +72.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is the beer i take with me everywhere I go, I enjoy this beer. I think it is the best domestic beer out there (big company). I enjoy the push tab top and the smoothness of the pour or drink from the new designed can they have now. I think this beer goes well at any barbeque and is universal enough that anyone will drink and enjoy this beer.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.