Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,107 | Hads: 4,133
3.98/5  rDev +71.6%

This is the best tasting lawnmower beer and everyday drinker. Gives least amount of hangover and has best taste for any American style lite beer. Best beer for a night out drinking 4+ beers and not feeling bloated and sick that night or next day. If you are in a situation where you are drinking for a long period of time, there is simply no better choice. (360 characters)

3.98/5  rDev +71.6%

A - nice clean crisp yellow. Nice head with good retention. some lacing too, not bad.

S - Nice light crisp. Slightly watery.

T - Very refreshing. Super good served ice cold, great for the style.

M - Perfect!

O - Best of the BMC group, plus I like their gimmicks ;) Seriously, for the style, the brew is pretty decent. (321 characters)

3.98/5  rDev +71.6%

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one. (282 characters)

3.93/5  rDev +69.4%

Miller Lite! Classic brew enjoyed for decades!
Good beer. Probably my favorite light beer out of the big guys - Coors Light, Bud Light, any other light. I drink this a lot when it is on sale or with some die hard Miller Lite drinkers. If I am at a bar and I buy the round with those hombres I buy Budweiser. When it's one of their turns they buy Miller Lite. It's just a great game to play when watching WWF on the bar tv and no hotties are around to look at. It's Miller Time! (478 characters)

3.9/5  rDev +68.1%

This is the one that never leaves my fridge. I know it's not the creme de la creme of beers, but for an American style light/lite brew...it's what I consider the best. I do think it has more flavor than most light beers...not near as wattery. It's on my list as a great drinkable beer. I have other beers higher on my list...imports and micro brews, but again... it never leaves my fridge. Pretty darn good beer in my humble opinion. (433 characters)

3.88/5  rDev +67.2%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer. (279 characters)

3.88/5  rDev +67.2%

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this beer. I've had the gamut of beer the expensive craft beers, Sam Adams, the frat boy beers (Red Dog) and everything in between. Miller Lite is a great lite beer for the price. Good beer to relax with at the end of a day without too many calories to make you bloated. (321 characters)

3.87/5  rDev +66.8%

well personally i do think that this is my favorite lite beer out of them all thats why i am ranking it so high. the taste is really light almost to light but if your trying to drink alot of beer with out getting to drunk i think this beer would be smart to lean on. (266 characters)

3.83/5  rDev +65.1%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge. (244 characters)

3.82/5  rDev +64.7%

Of course no the greatest beer in the world. Allthough this is IMO the greatest cheap ass beer in the world. Alot better than Natty and does not taste like sugar like Bud Light. A great palate cleanser inbetween great beers. I also love drinking this beer on hot days. A great college beer or pong beer. Always good to have a first love until the next one comes. (362 characters)

3.82/5  rDev +64.7%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock. (883 characters)

3.78/5  rDev +62.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Out of the AAL category, this isn't too bad (especially compared to light beers). At least has a good amount flavor compared to the other light beers. I'm reaching for this over Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Coors Light, and Bud every single day if that's what's available. By far the best light beer. (300 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +61.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is the beer i take with me everywhere I go, I enjoy this beer. I think it is the best domestic beer out there (big company). I enjoy the push tab top and the smoothness of the pour or drink from the new designed can they have now. I think this beer goes well at any barbeque and is universal enough that anyone will drink and enjoy this beer. (347 characters)

3.71/5  rDev +59.9%

Aroma:Just a little malt aroma. Smells a little bit sweet and there may be some floral hop aroma in there.

Appearance:Very pale yellow in color. Good amount of white head that does not last very long. Very clear with visible bubbles.

Taste:Flavor is crisp and dry, but watery. Very little hop flavor and bitterness. There's not a whole lot to this, but at least there's not off flavors.

Mouthfeel:Very good carbonation, body is very light. Kind of like carbonated water with just a hint of bite.

Drinkability:For the style, this beer holds up very well. Very little complexity and low alcohol makes it a good alternative in countries where the water is not safe to drink. (675 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +59.5%

Out of all the light American beers I like Miller lite the most. It has a nice color, really smooth when ice cold. Its great for tailgating and just hanging out with friends and knocking a few back. My second choice would be Coors lite. But I would recomend this beer for anyone looking for a good like domestic beer. (317 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +59.5%

Miller Lite got left at my house for a barbecue tomorrow... but I've seen the Man Law commercials, I think that when it enters my fridge it becomes my beer, right?

Served nice and chilly out of the fridge. Weak head retention, leaving a weak net of bubbles floating in the center. Clear, yellow, very bubbly... bubbles are good for the style.

Not a strong smell, mostly adjunct grains, especially corn. Slight kiss of hops. Does not worsen as it warms.

Taste is mild, pure smooth grains. Finish is watery but I caught some slightly bittering hops with a grassy taste. Very little taste but no off-notes at all... so many macro lights are watery-bad, this is watery-good.

Mouthfeel is crisp, light bodied and bubbly. Again, smooth finish with no off or skunky notes.

A solid example of an above-average light lager. Having consumed a lot of light lager (lots of variety and lots of consumption), I feel safe saying that this compares favorably to Bud Light and Coors Light, not to mention Keystone, Busch, etc. Considering that the style is designed to be low ABV, subdued "smooth" taste that is as inoffensive as possible, this one is right on. Don't hate the player, hate the game... (1,199 characters)

3.68/5  rDev +58.6%

I know we all enjoy the hand craft beer but I wanted to rate my favorite light macro beer. This is a Go to beer for all occasions. Looks like a macro beer, clear, golden yellow, clean white head. Smell of grain and slight hops. Love the taste for a light lager clean and crisp. Smooth and very easy to drink. Drink these all day and the next. (342 characters)

3.68/5  rDev +58.6%

If you are going to drink a light beer then this is the best one I found so far based on calories per alcholol content and overall taste. Let's face it a light beer will never compete with most good regular beers but if you want a few and are counting calories this is my number 1 in the low calorie category. My regular staple. (328 characters)

3.66/5  rDev +57.8%

This is a true American classic. Note, American. This is as domestic as you can get, but when you cannot afford those great expensive beers (or when you get to that point that you cannot tell the taste) this is what you go for. If ever in Milwaukee, I highly recomend the tour of Miller Brewing and the free sample of this beer. The fresh clean taste will make you have a new appreciation. (389 characters)

3.66/5  rDev +57.8%

Review to style as they say and for a mass produced macro swill this is my favorite for just chillin and enjoying some beer thats not gonna get me too wasted.

The appearance on all of em (macro swills) is pretty nice gold straw with continued effervescence throughout and a good carbonation level. Extremely drinkable and the flavor is a very mellow german or czech type hops. They arent making it strong but it still tastes like one of the beers I grew up with. To hell with beer snobbishness. Sometimes the truth might not be what you want to hear or believe.

I will happily drink miller lite anytime unless I'm really in the mood for something stronger & that might not even be a beer. (690 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +57.3%

From the Bros description for Light Lager category: "very low in malt flavor with a light and dry body. The hop character is low and should only balance with no signs of flavor or aroma."

Look: clear, light golden color; thin white head dissipates quickly and with no lacing
Smell: faint cooked vegetal aroma, like mixed vegetables boiling on the stove top
Taste: watery for sure; mildly sweet malt/cereal graininess
Feel: crisp mouthfeel; finishes clean rather than dry and no hop essence detected in nose, taste or finish

Overall: not my favorite lite beer (that would be Sam Adams Light) but this does hit most of the beer's category marks. Points deducted a bit since finish isn't dry, but maybe I'm spoiled by all the IPA/DIPA's I've consumed in the recent past. (780 characters)

3.63/5  rDev +56.5%

Had this on numerous occasions. this is my father's go-to beer because of how cheap it is. most people speak ill of this beer, but for what it is, its pretty darn good.

A - typical pale yellowness, nothing special

S - sweet and malty, corn, pretty much nothing offensive

T - sweet and refreshing, much better than the other american lagers, in fact out of all of the cheap american lagers, i would say this is the best or one of the best. it always hits the spot, tastes just a little bit cleaner than bud light, and it has more substance than coors light, the taste is mostly sweet, and a slight sharpness at the end from a little bit of hops...which is more that what most american lagers can say.

M - clean and crisp, very carbonated which works well for the taste, light bodied.

O - can't go wrong with this for the price, a true american beer. (853 characters)

3.62/5  rDev +56%

Not a bad Light Lager, and has been my go-to tailgater in the category for years.

Appearance is average, with 1F white bubbly head dropping to thinnest of film, over a very clear yellow body.

Bit of a musty/earthy smell, with a wee touch o' the 3 hop buds that were tossed into in this batch.

Some urinal cake (um, no, haven't actually partaken in one before) followed by white bread, rice, and water - not a bad prison beer.

Mouthfeel is consistently good - not too sharp, not too soft. Speculate that this is the primary reason why BAs usually lean to ML over BL or CL.

Solid on the drinkability meter... sorry Bud Light, but Miller Lite's flavor and mouthfeel crush you on this one. Good ads though. (709 characters)

3.61/5  rDev +55.6%

Less of a beer and more of a way of life/business mandate for me. My occupation demands that I drink this often and in mass. When I’m out with work people (even at a good beer bar) I frequently have to stick to ML or perhaps High Life in order to keep up. Work sometimes dictates that I drink more than 10 beers in a night and I can down 10 MLs and still be sober. Try that with any craft and you’re toast. I don’t usually mind it too much, ML in the bottle makes for a decent session. If it’s ice cold and in a can it’s reminiscent of a camping or fishing trip for me. Either way it’s ok. On tap is a different story. ML on tap is just piss and indigestion in a glass. Forget about it even when it’s free. ML looks like corn colored piss. It tastes like water and pilsner malt when ice cold and corn syrup when cold to warm. It smells the same as it tastes. It doesn’t give much of a buzz. It IS LESS FILLING! It’s way better than bud light, that’s for damned sure. Since we are supposed to review “within the style” here on BA, I’ve gotta give this beer props. It’s about the best you can do in this pathetic style. (1,131 characters)

3.6/5  rDev +55.2%

I know 99% of people on here love to bash all lite/light macro beers and to some extent I can understand why. They are not that interesting, have minimal aroma/taste/color. People say they all taste the same - they don't - similar yes, but not the same. I you had miller lite, colors light and bud light next to each other in a blind taste test you would definitely be able to tell a noticeable difference. Why you would want to do a light beer taste test I'm not sure :) My favorite beers are Heady and Dinner but I also love Miller Lite and I'm not afraid to say it! Sure, it's not world class by any means but when I'm doing yard work on a 90 degree day it's pretty rad. Sometimes life calls for a good, old fashioned macro beer! (739 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.