Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Let's be honest, no one drinks this beer to wax poetic about it. It's drank to get drunk.

A - Pours from the bottle a yellow color with a white head that appears and disappears in a flash leaving nothing behind.

S - Smells like wet hair. I know that's not productive but that's what I smell.

T - A little sour at the finish with an aftertaste of malt. Not much flavor... kinda the point though isn't it?

M - Little bit of tongue bite. Watery and clean.

D - If I want to keep up with my partying college brothers this is my beer of choice. Either that or restraint and restraint always looses.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Pours very pale. The artificial carbonation is apparent.

Smells clean and grainy. Too clean, and not grainy enough.

The hops is here, but not enough. Corn plays too central a role on the palate. Tastes too much like water.

It's smooth, light, and very drinkable, but not so flavorful.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Good switch off from Coors Light in case you want to switch it up during you're drinking. If out with friends at a local bar where this is served, will go for it sometimes. When poured, develops a decent head without a too impressive smell. Tastes slightly sweeter than Coors Light and very watery. Very carbonated so harder to drink, but still an overall decent beer.

look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured into a pint glass from 12oz can.

The color is pale yellow. Is a bit fizzy with a dark white head.

The smell is of light malt and hops but not very strong.

The taste is a bit watered down but is crisp. Has a malty flavor but very subtle.

This beer is good beer for going to a race since only cans are allowed. Also good for camping. This brew is available everywhere and is usually at a low price. Good for a low budget.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

As far as session beers go, this is the old stand-by for me. Nothing really noteworthy about it, but nothing offensive either.

It's the grilled cheese of beer. Not classy, not special, but sometimes you just want to lay back, have a beer, watch some football, and be done with it all.

It's your typical corn and grain tasting American macro lager. The colder, the better. But when compared to other mass produced beers, it just seems slightly better.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

A) White head. I more or less eased the beer in the glass, unlike most of the beers I poor. It seemed right, given the style. Despite this, it has a 1/3" head that is almost billowy. Lacing all the way down and a continual cloud atop the beer. Light, straw golden color. Bubbles like a champagne ... how appropriate.

S) Light whiffs of thin corniness. Nothing that I can identify as hops.

T) A twinge of sweet and a pinch of bitter. For me, it is just barely detectable. Just registering on the radar. Takes a lot of concentration to pick-up much of anything. Watery and some more corn.

M) Thin and thin.

D) This is an interesting one. It is so inoffensive, so bland that you might think it deserving of a high ranking. It's super drinkable, right? I don't think of a 5 in "drinkability" as "super easy to drink" ... a 5 means it's too easy to drink. You keep coming back for more because there is something there that you like, coupled with the fact that it goes down easy. You want it and it's easy. So a 5? Nay (which is the sound a horse makes ... which is a beast that eats real grain, not corn and rice.)

Meek, meager, a continual string of apologies ringing in your ear, easily dismissed, easily forgotten if it registers at all. This is only offensive when you take time to reflect on it.

In all honesty, I think that this in not that far off from what a Lite American Lager should be, hence the higher score.

In keeping with that honesty, I have no idea what horses eats.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Poured from 24 oz. can into pint glass. Reviewed to style.

Appearance: Pours a typical pale, crystal clear golden, however, the head is actually a decent two-finger one, and there is spotty lacing left on the glass! Above average for the style in appearance and certainly the best looking out of the BMC lights.

Smell: Faint odor of corn and rice adjuncts, a tiny bit of hops (which is surely a plus!) and a bit of metal. In smell, this is much better than the other BMC lights, but average compared to non-BMC light lagers.

Taste: Starts to go downhill here. There is a very faint taste of corn adjuncts and extremely faint hops. The taste is mainly just water. That's it.

Mouthfeel: Average, which is what it should be! These beers, in my eyes, are meant for days where one wants to get fucked up on light stuff, or for days working under a hot sun. Light and crisp, refreshing, high carbonation, no body.

Overall: Definitely my favorite of the BMC lights and the first one I'd grab out of the three at a gathering. While it's not necessarily good, it's not really bad either. The lack of taste makes it simply a refreshing drink that's a bit more quality than its counterparts.

Awesome, I'm review 666.

A - Better than a lot of lights. Slightly darker than I had expected. Head came and went.

S - tiny bit of skunk, but not enough to be bad. Adjunct grains.

T - Michelob Ultra. It's almost an exact twin

M - Actually better than I though. Right on the opening, it's a little spiky from the carbonation, but then it softens out, and it's not bad.

D - Of course, this has decent drinkability. It's designed to.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%

This is one category they can hardly mess up. And it's on par+. Clear, watery golden, and bubbles streaming! That may be the pilsener glass though. Smell is faint, a tad rice, corn, and odd malts. For being triple hops brewed, I don't know here they went. There is some graininess. It's pretty bad though. Crisp on the feel is a typical, and the drinkability is naturally easy and depressing.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%

It is hard to be objective with this ubiquitous American brew. How do I eschew my preconceptions and experiences with this one?

A: Super pale, but clear. Very light color -- "straw" would be giving it too much,

S: Not too good. Kind of an acidic smell, that I might call crispy if it were a bit more pronounced.

T: Corn. Not much in the way of hops. Bland.

MF: There really is not one

D: Easy to drink, but hey. I have to say this is better than other light beers, though I usually avoid them altogether.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%

This is ok for a "light" beer and it's certianly better than some things (for example, the 3 Horses Dutch Lager I just tried), but it is, predictably, not very good.

Pale gold (not straw or the sickly pale colour of Coors), it has a thin, airy white head that promptly avanishes to a thin ring and wisps.

The aroma is perfumy, basic lager, strong corn with some hay and grain, thin but ok.

The taste is minerally, thin grain - corn with light old sweetness, soda water quality, light grass-hay bitterness which is exceedingly faint. It has a sweet corn aftertatse but the character persists and does not degrade.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

When I am out with friends on the weekends and I am thirsty but I don't want a beer, this is what I drink sometimes. It is good for what it is: a grain flavored, weak-alcoholic soda pop. It is not a pilsner, or any beer for that matter. If you enjoy Miller Lite, I'm with you on that--no offense intended! But, let's be honest...

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

My wife drinks this beer once in a while. I have tasted it many times and just had one with her so it's time for a review. I try to base the review on what the beer is, not what I want it to be. My goal is objectivity.

12oz. bottle poured into a pilsner glass.

A- this beer looks a good golden color but pours no head at all.

S- the mineral tones are noticable right away.

T-not too bad, light and refreshing. The only pronounced taste I discern is that metallic mineral flavor.

M-the carbination is ok. It is light...and refreshing. Sounds better than weak and watery, no?

O-Don't expect to see any of this beer taking up any shelf space in my beer fridge, but I can't kill it. It could use a little more flavor.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Nothing wrong with it, just lacking flavor. But as far as light lagers go, this one is probably my favorite. Use it to wash down hot wings at the bar.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

Haha, I can't believe some people rate this an A... Even I, being very generous am far from that. Here is my attempt to rate to style:

light golden color with a fizzy head. Smells like a little bit of grain. Nothing else is discernible. Triple Hops Brewed my Ass! I think I even smell a bit of booze! probably because there is nothing at all to cover it up :)

Has a fizzy kind of nothing flavour, a little grain and perhaps a slight sourness. Boring.... The body is quite light and the mouthfeel is rather poor.

Drinkability depends on who you ask... If you ask me, its not.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

What's so special about this beer? It has a Taste Protector LidTM, which I'm pretty sure means that the can is sealed on its top. Pretty impressive shit. I'm digging it.
Poured some into a snifter, some into a tumbler. How is this beer best presented? I can't tell you. It looks pale and watery, barely registering a color. Perfect. Smells like corn, tastes like grains and corn, a little bit of grassy hop. Easy to drink, not particularly enjoyable. At least the entire can is covered in trademarks.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

Appearance: Clear, yellow body with a thin, fizzy, white head.

Smell: Very minor notes of pale malts and yellow corn.

Taste: Faint pale maltiness, a touch of corn, and a light sweetness. Exceptionally mild bitterness. Abrupt, thin finish.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Medium-high carbonation.

Drinkability: It's fine for what it is, I guess. And so poundable! You can down a pint before you say "I'll meet you at the bottom!" I'll take Remarkably Bland over Questionably Foul-Tasting any damn day of the week.

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.