Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. Good to stick in the cooler for a NASCAR event after you've spent all day drinkin' the good stuff. Other than Piels one of the few mass-market beers I'd consider coming near. If I'm out of absolutely everything my wife has a couple of these in the fridge. Drinks clean and isn't offensive, but that's about it. Best mega-produced American light beer on the market.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

A: The beer is a very light gold color, with a short white head that fades very quickly and leaves very little lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of macro adjuncts, light malts and a faint touch of hops.

T: The taste is pretty much corn and grain. There’s very little hops presence or malt backbone, but that’s expected in a light beer. The after-taste is slightly bready and slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, finish is clean.

D: A little tasty, goes down easy, not filling at all, it’s better than its piers (Bud Light, Coors Light, Corona Light, Amstel Light, etc.) and even before I started drinking craft beer, I knew that this one tasted better than most mass-produced beers. However, now this beer has become a desperation choice for me. In fact, there are places that I avoid because I know they don’t have anything better than this.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

A: Clear golden color. Fluffy white head when cracked, thins fast.
S: Miller smells so bad, stinks horribly.
T: Tastes like it smells, metallic, skunked.
M: High carbonation, not so smooth.
D: Not really that good.

Not a great beer... not a good beer.

A lot better taste from a bottle!

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Okay... I'll start by saying that I feel like a bad friend... you know the kind that turns his back on you. Well, that's me right now. Miller Lite was next to me all through college and was even at my wedding. Never did anything wrong, I just started hanging around with other friends. Anyway... having said all that, this beer is really pretty bad, kind of like my analogy. Anyway, it poured a yellow gold color, with thin white head. The head was gone very quickly. No great smell; couldn't quite put my finger it, kind of metallic. Very carbonated, and leaves a salivating type feel in the mouth after swallowing. I'm not going to bash this beer after all it has done for me; I can at least say a few nice things.

12oz can

Miller Lite was a very clear light golden color with a short white head the managed to skick around for about a minute. The smell was very light. There in not much in the wayof taste either, but there is a little something there. The mouthfeel is very light with plenty of carbonation. It's not too bad once you get through two or three cans.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Not a good beer really by any means, but as far as the mass produced american lite beer goes, it isnt bad. Has some flavor underneath all the water. This isnt a beer I would drink often, but when you want to kickback and watch a game, and have something to drink without getting smashed, this is a good beer to drink. I sat and watched a game and just kept kicking them back like it was water (which it mostly is). But in the end, I would take this over the other lite beers.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

In the glass it's a light straw yellow color. Light passes through it easily; there isn't a hint of cloudiness or impurities to it. When it was poured it formed an inch thick white head that faded quickly to a patching film on top. There was some lacing, but really not much to speak of.

The aroma has a slight metallic hint to it. It's not because it came from a can. I've drunk enough of this to know that it's like this from a bottle too. The main sent is a mix of grains and bread. The taste is Mild and unoffending. You can taste some malts, but not much. It's pretty watery. There really is no after taste, in fact if you eat anything while drinking this beer that pretty much becomes the flavor and aftertaste of it.

This is a light bodied beer. There isn't much to it. The mouthfeel is like you are drinking a glass of carbonated water.

This is my favorite lite/light beer. I can find it just about anywhere and the flavor is so unobtrusive that I can drink it with anything and not ruin the taste. It's usually my go to beer when I'm in a bar that doesn't have a wide tap selection.

2.54/5  rDev +17.6%

I feel a little ashamed that I didn't just hate this beer, but it wasn't offensive so it can't score too low. Plus I was a little surprised that it did have a nice gold color instead of the thin yellow stuff I was expecting and it had a head that didn't instantly fizz away. The flavor wasn't much, mostly an interesting applely flavor when really cold, then joined by a faint huskiness a little later on.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Let's be honest, no one drinks this beer to wax poetic about it. It's drank to get drunk.

A - Pours from the bottle a yellow color with a white head that appears and disappears in a flash leaving nothing behind.

S - Smells like wet hair. I know that's not productive but that's what I smell.

T - A little sour at the finish with an aftertaste of malt. Not much flavor... kinda the point though isn't it?

M - Little bit of tongue bite. Watery and clean.

D - If I want to keep up with my partying college brothers this is my beer of choice. Either that or restraint and restraint always looses.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Pours very pale. The artificial carbonation is apparent.

Smells clean and grainy. Too clean, and not grainy enough.

The hops is here, but not enough. Corn plays too central a role on the palate. Tastes too much like water.

It's smooth, light, and very drinkable, but not so flavorful.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Good switch off from Coors Light in case you want to switch it up during you're drinking. If out with friends at a local bar where this is served, will go for it sometimes. When poured, develops a decent head without a too impressive smell. Tastes slightly sweeter than Coors Light and very watery. Very carbonated so harder to drink, but still an overall decent beer.

look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured into a pint glass from 12oz can.

The color is pale yellow. Is a bit fizzy with a dark white head.

The smell is of light malt and hops but not very strong.

The taste is a bit watered down but is crisp. Has a malty flavor but very subtle.

This beer is good beer for going to a race since only cans are allowed. Also good for camping. This brew is available everywhere and is usually at a low price. Good for a low budget.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

As far as session beers go, this is the old stand-by for me. Nothing really noteworthy about it, but nothing offensive either.

It's the grilled cheese of beer. Not classy, not special, but sometimes you just want to lay back, have a beer, watch some football, and be done with it all.

It's your typical corn and grain tasting American macro lager. The colder, the better. But when compared to other mass produced beers, it just seems slightly better.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

A) White head. I more or less eased the beer in the glass, unlike most of the beers I poor. It seemed right, given the style. Despite this, it has a 1/3" head that is almost billowy. Lacing all the way down and a continual cloud atop the beer. Light, straw golden color. Bubbles like a champagne ... how appropriate.

S) Light whiffs of thin corniness. Nothing that I can identify as hops.

T) A twinge of sweet and a pinch of bitter. For me, it is just barely detectable. Just registering on the radar. Takes a lot of concentration to pick-up much of anything. Watery and some more corn.

M) Thin and thin.

D) This is an interesting one. It is so inoffensive, so bland that you might think it deserving of a high ranking. It's super drinkable, right? I don't think of a 5 in "drinkability" as "super easy to drink" ... a 5 means it's too easy to drink. You keep coming back for more because there is something there that you like, coupled with the fact that it goes down easy. You want it and it's easy. So a 5? Nay (which is the sound a horse makes ... which is a beast that eats real grain, not corn and rice.)

Meek, meager, a continual string of apologies ringing in your ear, easily dismissed, easily forgotten if it registers at all. This is only offensive when you take time to reflect on it.

In all honesty, I think that this in not that far off from what a Lite American Lager should be, hence the higher score.

In keeping with that honesty, I have no idea what horses eats.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Poured from 24 oz. can into pint glass. Reviewed to style.

Appearance: Pours a typical pale, crystal clear golden, however, the head is actually a decent two-finger one, and there is spotty lacing left on the glass! Above average for the style in appearance and certainly the best looking out of the BMC lights.

Smell: Faint odor of corn and rice adjuncts, a tiny bit of hops (which is surely a plus!) and a bit of metal. In smell, this is much better than the other BMC lights, but average compared to non-BMC light lagers.

Taste: Starts to go downhill here. There is a very faint taste of corn adjuncts and extremely faint hops. The taste is mainly just water. That's it.

Mouthfeel: Average, which is what it should be! These beers, in my eyes, are meant for days where one wants to get fucked up on light stuff, or for days working under a hot sun. Light and crisp, refreshing, high carbonation, no body.

Overall: Definitely my favorite of the BMC lights and the first one I'd grab out of the three at a gathering. While it's not necessarily good, it's not really bad either. The lack of taste makes it simply a refreshing drink that's a bit more quality than its counterparts.

Awesome, I'm review 666.

A - Better than a lot of lights. Slightly darker than I had expected. Head came and went.

S - tiny bit of skunk, but not enough to be bad. Adjunct grains.

T - Michelob Ultra. It's almost an exact twin

M - Actually better than I though. Right on the opening, it's a little spiky from the carbonation, but then it softens out, and it's not bad.

D - Of course, this has decent drinkability. It's designed to.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%

This is one category they can hardly mess up. And it's on par+. Clear, watery golden, and bubbles streaming! That may be the pilsener glass though. Smell is faint, a tad rice, corn, and odd malts. For being triple hops brewed, I don't know here they went. There is some graininess. It's pretty bad though. Crisp on the feel is a typical, and the drinkability is naturally easy and depressing.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%

It is hard to be objective with this ubiquitous American brew. How do I eschew my preconceptions and experiences with this one?

A: Super pale, but clear. Very light color -- "straw" would be giving it too much,

S: Not too good. Kind of an acidic smell, that I might call crispy if it were a bit more pronounced.

T: Corn. Not much in the way of hops. Bland.

MF: There really is not one

D: Easy to drink, but hey. I have to say this is better than other light beers, though I usually avoid them altogether.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.