Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,077 | Reviews: 1,211
1.78/5  rDev -18%

Just drank one from the bottle. Sure, it's a light macro, but it's probably the best of them because at least there's some flavor.
a- looks like all the light macros, except it's slightly darker than bud light
s- none to speak of
t- Very limited, with a little better hop character than its peers
m- fizzy; quickly feels like water
d- Granted, you can chug this stuff (though I'm not sure you'd want another

Overall, ahead of its peers, but that doesn't say much

1.78/5  rDev -18%

I would like to note that this is that last of a light beer trifecta that only used for the reviews and to get drunk while playing Killzone online.

A: The beer pours a very clear bright gold. It has a short, quick dying head that does have nice lacing.

S: The only smell is some adjuctly sweet malts.

T: The only taste is some sourness throughout the entire sip and some corn malts at the end of the sip.

M: Starts out good, but ends just as watery as a light beer should.

D: It is okay, but a little sharp at the end of a long chug.

1.78/5  rDev -18%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

12oz bottle, wait a second they make plastic bottles now. I thought that was stadium only. Ok, plastic bottle into a pint glass.

A- Miller Light pours out of the plastic bottle a pale yellow to golden color with minimum to no head, kind of looks like urine. I'm sorry, but that's what it looks like. Some fizz and bubbles emerge on the top. No lace.

S- The smell is light including very minimal grassy hops and processed corn. I can say that there is some skunkiness going on. no more, no less.

T- Very one sided with the corn and mild hop presense fighting to come through but barely making a wimper. I get more malts than hops but overall this tastes like carbonated water. There is no depth to this at all.

M- Very thin on the mouth and goes down like water with no dominate flavors causing any traffic. Kind of like sparkling water only worse. Miller light leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

D- Those commercials are lying cause i cant drink much of this. I see this as a gulping/ chugging beer because of it's light nature but i can't take more than a big gulp without cringing at the overall affect of this beer.

This beer is an easy out if your going to a party or social event as it's appreciated and won't go to waste, so i guess that ML has this going for it. Money well spent!!

1.78/5  rDev -18%

It pours a pale, corn-silk yellow. Little head appears, and in no time there's no trace of any at all.

It smells as light as it should, I suppose, as in very little aroma. What's there is slightly sweet and stale.

There's a very mild grain component in the flavor, with little hop presence of any value. There's the mass-produced shadow of adjuncts lurking all about every taste.

There's little more texture or character than seltzer water. The carbonation is a plus, but the slick and vanishing feel is a considerable negative.

OK, it's a light beer, and that's the bottom line here. You can drink dozens, but my point is, why? To get drunk? I can't think of any reason why I would have another short of my brother pleading me to have one with him, and even then he'd have to sound as pathetic as he did last night. This is a solid no-go for me, though I suppose the drinkability will lead some to senseless abuse.

1.78/5  rDev -18%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Wow, just a terrible beer. I enjoyed Bud and Coors far more than this one. Here goes:

A: Piss-yellow. No head or lacing. Surprisingly, VERY LITTLE carbonation, which was the only good point of Bud. and Coors in terms of appearance.

S: Corn. Tons of corn. While I smelled some barley and hops in Bud. and Coors, this one just has corn. Terrible.

T: Tons of corn. That's it.

F: Very little carbonation for an AAL. Makes the whole experience rather bland.

O: Will not have again. Much rather have Bud, Coors or even Corona.

1.77/5  rDev -18.4%

Pours a clear straw color with a soapy white head that actually left some nice chunk lacing, to my suprise. Unfortunately, the smell is of grain, corny metallic twang, sweet, unpleasant. The taste is light, watery and grainy, corn like taste. The feel is watery and not as carbonated as other macros. Nothing great, good cooler beer.

1.77/5  rDev -18.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 2.5

Had this on vacation--- recorded notes into my iphone and I am typing them up now. Central MO isn't known for its craft beer selection-- had a shit beer showdown one night...

Pale straw colored fizzy yellow with a 2 finger head leaving decent lacing.... perhaps the triple hops brewing is paying off!!

This tastes more like corn than Busch does.... Very weak nose. Slight flowery/floral hop note. Can't get much more than that-- faint malt ans corn.

Tastes watered down-- less filling. Very bland. This really tastes and feels watery. Almost seems to need more carbonation. I was actually checking the freshness dating, and this can was only 3.5 weeks old.

Really disappointed in this one during our shit-beer showdown- I was expecting more. I'm trying my best to review these to style, but I'm shocked to see how far above the average I have been lately.

Despite all it's flaws, I could easily pound 10 of these... I just have no desire to.

1.76/5  rDev -18.9%

The beer looks good as in there is nothing floating in the beer such as a dead squirrel or an employees toenail clippings so that's a win. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Cheap beer, cheap taste, on a high note, you do get the feeling of drinking water when it hits your palate. I am pretty sure this tricks your mind into thinking your rehydrating. There's the silver lining !

1.76/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

12oz bottle. Well, I'd call this one just about average for a light lager. This is actually the best of the Big 3 light beers, which is sort of like saying that Scottish terrier crap is the best tasting variety of dog crap. Wait, what is this? "Triple-hops brewed" with a "great pilsner taste?" If I'm rating to style, I've got this all wrong! This beer is obviously intended to be a world-class pilsner with a prominent hop character. With that in mind, let's do this, shall we?

Very pale yellow color, white head. Somewhat fizzy and soda-like.

Aroma? What aroma? Did my nose suddenly fail me? Oh...it must be that faint corny smell. A little sweet grainy malt as well. Not being terribly offensive saves this from a 1.0. Where are the hops?

Lots of corn in what little flavor there is. Pilsner? Not even close. The massive hop additions they claim seem to have brought this beer to about a whopping 10 IBUs. Less taste, less filling.

Watery and light on the palate. Not nearly as clean and crisp as a great pilsner.

Drinkable? Sure, but so is water. My overall impression on this beer though is not a very good one. This was review number #666 for me, which is appropriate, because this beer is, in the words of Bobby Boucher's mom on "The Waterboy," "The devil!"

1.76/5  rDev -18.9%

Pours a bright light yellow color with minimal head retention. Very faint smell could not pick up any noticeable scents. Taste is not good, but is alright for an american macro, watery with some malts. Highly carbonated mouthfeel. Only drink this when it's free, so it's not as bad.

1.76/5  rDev -18.9%

I didn't really enjoy this beer at all. It was watery like most other lite beers i have had. Definitely nothing much to this beer. If i am going to have a light beer from any of the macros i would pass this up and go to a bud light, however I would pass that up and go for a Sam Adams light.

1.76/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a golden color with visible carbonation, and little head. The aroma is well missing. Nothing but a musty water smell. The taste is of a slight hop bitterness yet with a bite of skunky beer to it. The mouthfeel is okay not overly carbonated. The drinkability is low, you could have one or two and no more. It is a simplistic beer, instead of triple hop brewing their one hop they could add some citrus notes or some other more flavorful hops.

1.76/5  rDev -18.9%

The beer looks like beer. The body is a darker yellow than a few lite beers I have had. The head is white and rocky; however, the head quickly falls apart. The aroma is of cooked grain and little else. The flavors are briefly sweet grain. This gives way to a metallic flash of flavor. The body of the beer is thin. The carbonation is active but fails to improve the beer. Drinkability uh no. Yet another beer for people who dont like beer.

[Rerate, Jul 15, 2008, 24oz. can, 47F]
Miller Lite is a very sparkling, clear, straw colored lager with a small off-white head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma is slightly sweet with very light malt and corn. There is a slight medicinal note. It is light bodied and refreshingly smooth with a crisp, dry finish. It's a little sudsy. There is hardly any flavor here: just light, anonymous grain and no hops to speak of. At least the chemical aftertaste is quick.
[First rating: 1.4] (bottle)
Miller Lite is a light golden lager with a foamy white. It is shockingly sparkling. The aroma is very slight and of corn, citrus, perhaps some hops and butane. It is more faint than the High Life aroma. The palate is that of sparkling water and a dash of creaminess from the head. Not much flavor here. It's a little acidic and kind of tastes like cardboard. It is simpler than High Life. I think maybe it's watered-down High Life... which makes it ever-so-slightly better.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

Lite is just another offering in the vast stable of American Macro brews, and my rating reflects that.

The apperance is pale yellow with a decent head, but it is clearly more water than beer. The smell is almost non-existant, the faintest whiff of malt is there, but I think it was mainly because I was looking for it.

Taste and mouth are both bland. The taste is just water with the slightest hint of malt, the mouth is non-existant...no hops kick, no creaminess, it's just there and carbonated, which isn't good enough in my book.

The only thing it can rate average on is drinkability, and that is only because drinking this is like drinking water. It is so watered down that it becomes quaffable, not that I would want to.

The bottom line is that I had some of this because it was free, and I still felt that I'd made a bad choice by leaving store brand Root Beer in the cooler and having it.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

Appearance: Pale straw-yellow, crystal-clear body with a fizzy bright-white head that recedes quickly and leaves no lacing.

Aroma: Crisp and cidery with a plain, grainy sweetness. There's definitely something funky going on here.

Taste: Very thin flavor profile. Thin, grainy malt with hardly any bitterness from the hops, just some crispness and a bit of fruitiness. Unfortunately, there's a nasty chemical taste lurking around the edges, waiting to grab you. Thin, grainy aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Watery and fizzy, the standard for this style.

Drinkability: On occasion I've been forced to test the drinkability of this beer, and it keeps going down easy for quite a while. But unless you're looking to get drunk, there's no point.

Verdict: Maybe I'm just not "hip to the hops," but this sucks. It's the normal thin and bland profile you'd expect from this style, but with a nasty chemical taste takes it to a new level of shitiness. Firmly behind both Bud Light and Coors Light.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

This beer is O.K. at best. It is a good beer for drinking one after another or free beer at social outings that beer may not be consumed fully or spilled/wasted. another great use for this almost worthless beer is to use it in such drinking games like beer pong.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

A: Clear straw color, medium carbonation visible, no head that sticks around. See through beer that doesn't have an impressive appearance at all.

S: Hardly any. Do not pick up on any hop scent, maybe a little bit of malt, but that's it. Smells like off-smelling water.

T: Very light body, no alcohol, hop, or noticeable taste.

M: Refreshing, but again so is water. It doesn't stimulate the mouth at all, very light body could let one mass consume these without noticing it.

O: Bad beer. Only drink if you're mowing the lawn on a hot day and have nothing else around but water. No noticeable, distinguishing qualities; far from the triple-hops brewed slogan for taste.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

Wow, what a watery beer. I have to admit, if they were going for minimalist art, this beer would be ranked much higher. I am having a hard time deciphering a flavor other than sugar, and I guess corn. I agree, triple hops brewed must mean 3 hop pellets for every batch. Aside from the kick I get with the fizzy bubbles, I think I'd rather have water.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

The only beer at a party so I had to drink it if I wanted beer. Out of the can, clear almost like water. Taste was hard to distinguish from water. The tiniest bit of malt, perhaps, no hops. It's hard to rate something that is nonexistent. I would drink this as a thirst quencher, ice cold if I were dying of thirst and nothing else was available. THere's an old joke that goes like this; what do sex in a canoe and light beer have in common? They're both f---ing close to water. This beer fits the description.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

Triple hops brewed huh? We shall see. Pours a wimpy one finger head, completely white. The body is completely see through, tons of carbonation, bright yellow in color. Looks pretty terrible, no real good things at all. As for the smell, it might be the most unimpressive smell I have ever smelled in a beer, which is saying a lot. I mean....I get absolutely NO smell, I mean I am sniffing real hard here and all I am picking up is a tiny bit of malt on the nose, other than that is just smells like water. I mean in some ways I am looking forward to this because it smells super clean and refreshing, and it has almost no smell, so that means it probably has almost no flavor, and if you have almost no flavor, than you can't have to much bad flavor even if it is flavor, right? I guess I'm just looking at the bright side of things, since I've been enduring some pretty bad adjunct lagers recently. I want to give this some point on the smell for smelling what I would call less offensive, but really, less smell, and less taste in any beer is not a rewardable thing. I mean....I'm really confused here, because I enjoy drinking it, it's not a bad thing to drink, but that's because it has absolutely no flavor, it might as well be sparkling water, seriously. I dunno, I can't give it 1.5 in every category, and since BA got rid of the drinkability tab, I guess I have to give it a 2 on taste. I mean if I was just rating it as a beverage I would give it a 3, but as a beer it gets a 1.5, maybe 2 because it has absolutely no flavor. The mouthfeel is ok, considering the rest of the beer is the weakest thing I've ever tasted. Overall...I'm just so confused with this beer, easy drinking, not a horrible taste, but....no taste what so ever. I mean describing what I taste in this beer would actually be insulting to beers than actually do have flavor.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

This was a lot better than served on tap. It was a little warmer, I think. Still has a very weak flavor, that is dominated by a grain taste. Still very boring. Drinking it out of the bottle makes you miss the lack of a decent head. Gimme a full flavor beer instead of this stuff anytime.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

I guess I'm writing this review because this beer is, despite its awful taste, is connected to so many memories from high school to college to even a few months of post-college football watching. I'm at a point now where I avoid these types of beers at all cost, because regardless of their "low-cal" designation, I would rather enjoy my beer and have to be on the treadmill for 5 extra minutes than to suffer through another one of these watered-down brews. The BA "avoid" designation pretty much says it all. Leave this one to the college kids who don't know (or can't afford) any better.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

smooth with a bitter after taste. that continued after I had finished.

1.74/5  rDev -19.8%

A: Clear yellow-gold pours a fairly thick head that fades quickly and doesn't linger.

S: Alcohol and malt. Not much else.

T: If this is "triple hops", I can't imagine what the old stuff tasted like. Just alcohol and stale malt.

M: Light body with some carbonation and little to no smoothness.

When I was in college, I used to drink this beer by the case. Now I cringe at the thought of another sip.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.