Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3,960 | Reviews: 1,154
2.56/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12oz can poured into a pint glass.

A: Dull straw yellow. Great clarity. The rocky white head actually retains fairly well, but it does settle into a thin cap after a good while. Lacing clings in thin sticky webs.

S: Sweet corn, dried hay, biscuity malt, slight sulfur.

T: Corn, biscuit, hay, ghostly hints of grassy and spicy hops. Sulfur/metallic taste is barely there. Corn and grassy hop on a very abrupt finish. The flavor profile as a whole is very weak and doesn't leave much of an impression.

M: Very light body. A little bit of corny body and creaminess, though it is very thin. Strong scrubbing, seltzery carbonation.

O: If I had to choose one of the BMC beers to drink, this would be it. The lesser evil, if you will. There is actually some hop flavor, and I much prefer the use of corn to some of the more rice-laden adjunct lagers. Still, this is a very uninspiring beer and it has little to offer. It's the sort of beer I'd drink if options were slim to none, but that's it.

2.56/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

A- Similar to the adjunct lagers--straw colored with some decent head on this one (the result of the most forceful pour ever).

S- Doesn't smell so good--some corn, some bread, some skunk (this one isn't skunked though--I think it's just supposed to be this way...).

T- Oh yes, triple hop brewed... light malt--not too bad. Little or no hops to speak of.

M- Soda, goddammit I want more.

D- Good for getting drunk. Honestly, though, not bad for BBQ/summertime.

2.56/5  rDev +18.5%

Appearance: Pale and light. Perfectly clear with medium carbonation. Very thin head. No lacing.

Smell: Minimal aroma. Just a hint of hops.

Taste: Very light taste. As would be expected. No "triple" hops action at all.

Feel: Carbonated water.

Drinkability: Nothing to stop you from drinking all you want.

For the style, this is what it should be.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: 24oz large can (No. 13) slapped with lots of witty marketing jive, and a wide mouth opening. No freshness date.

Appearance: Very pale yellow in colour with a fine wispy head of carbonation.

Smell: Clean, semi-floral to the nose with hints of grain.

Taste: Light graininess, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The tight carbonation mingles with a slight steely flavour, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. As the brew warms, notes of dimethyl sulfide (cooked corn) become noticeable. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavour in the back of the mouth and tongue.

Notes: As far as lite beers go, it's not horrible, but it is still a lite beer ... why bother drinking this on a normal basis?

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Okay, today's the 150th anniversary of Miller so why not review Miller Lite today? Actually my wife couldn't finish hers and I couldn't see 18 of her 22 ounces going to waste. I've always enjoyed Miller compared to Coors or Bud Light, perhaps many a college night enjoying this for some reason. No appearance or smell to speak of, but the mouthfeel wasn't too bad tonight. Tried much much worse, but there's so many better options out there. I'm not going to sound like a beer snob this time.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

A: It's miller lite.. I'm drinking it out of the can.
S: If you have seen the simpsons spin off of Marry Poppins: Specifically the booze hound segment. I feel like it probably smells like the front of Barnie's shirt.
T: Hit's with carbination, slight malt and finishes metalic. It's like diet pepsi without the aftertaste.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Served on tap at a local eatery. When our server brought the beer, it had no head and was very cold. The beer is a very light gold, bordering on transparent.

The aroma is of light grain, and maybe a little rice. The taste is almost like beer mixed with sparkling water. All malt, but not strong at all, and no hop presence.

The mouthfeel is again, like that of water. Probably the best of the macro light lager variety, but still almost flavorless. Given the choice I would not order another. However, with all that said, I can still drain quite a few of these when there is nothing else to be found.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

The dummies in the next building over were making steaks and offered me one of these to go with it. It's not as bad as I had convinced myself it was. Clear yellow color, fluffy white head, lots of bubbles. Smell was really bitter and metallic. Taste was mostly bitter, some beerness to it, but had a really thin watery finish, and a sour aftertaste. Light, thin, and easy to drink. The first 2-3 ounces, when cold are pleasant and tolerable. I see why people drink these fast, the longer it sits after 5 minutes, the harsher it gets.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. Good to stick in the cooler for a NASCAR event after you've spent all day drinkin' the good stuff. Other than Piels one of the few mass-market beers I'd consider coming near. If I'm out of absolutely everything my wife has a couple of these in the fridge. Drinks clean and isn't offensive, but that's about it. Best mega-produced American light beer on the market.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

A: The beer is a very light gold color, with a short white head that fades very quickly and leaves very little lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of macro adjuncts, light malts and a faint touch of hops.

T: The taste is pretty much corn and grain. There’s very little hops presence or malt backbone, but that’s expected in a light beer. The after-taste is slightly bready and slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, finish is clean.

D: A little tasty, goes down easy, not filling at all, it’s better than its piers (Bud Light, Coors Light, Corona Light, Amstel Light, etc.) and even before I started drinking craft beer, I knew that this one tasted better than most mass-produced beers. However, now this beer has become a desperation choice for me. In fact, there are places that I avoid because I know they don’t have anything better than this.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

A: Clear golden color. Fluffy white head when cracked, thins fast.
S: Miller smells so bad, stinks horribly.
T: Tastes like it smells, metallic, skunked.
M: High carbonation, not so smooth.
D: Not really that good.

Not a great beer... not a good beer.

A lot better taste from a bottle!

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Okay... I'll start by saying that I feel like a bad friend... you know the kind that turns his back on you. Well, that's me right now. Miller Lite was next to me all through college and was even at my wedding. Never did anything wrong, I just started hanging around with other friends. Anyway... having said all that, this beer is really pretty bad, kind of like my analogy. Anyway, it poured a yellow gold color, with thin white head. The head was gone very quickly. No great smell; couldn't quite put my finger it, kind of metallic. Very carbonated, and leaves a salivating type feel in the mouth after swallowing. I'm not going to bash this beer after all it has done for me; I can at least say a few nice things.

12oz can

Miller Lite was a very clear light golden color with a short white head the managed to skick around for about a minute. The smell was very light. There in not much in the wayof taste either, but there is a little something there. The mouthfeel is very light with plenty of carbonation. It's not too bad once you get through two or three cans.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

Not a good beer really by any means, but as far as the mass produced american lite beer goes, it isnt bad. Has some flavor underneath all the water. This isnt a beer I would drink often, but when you want to kickback and watch a game, and have something to drink without getting smashed, this is a good beer to drink. I sat and watched a game and just kept kicking them back like it was water (which it mostly is). But in the end, I would take this over the other lite beers.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

In the glass it's a light straw yellow color. Light passes through it easily; there isn't a hint of cloudiness or impurities to it. When it was poured it formed an inch thick white head that faded quickly to a patching film on top. There was some lacing, but really not much to speak of.

The aroma has a slight metallic hint to it. It's not because it came from a can. I've drunk enough of this to know that it's like this from a bottle too. The main sent is a mix of grains and bread. The taste is Mild and unoffending. You can taste some malts, but not much. It's pretty watery. There really is no after taste, in fact if you eat anything while drinking this beer that pretty much becomes the flavor and aftertaste of it.

This is a light bodied beer. There isn't much to it. The mouthfeel is like you are drinking a glass of carbonated water.

This is my favorite lite/light beer. I can find it just about anywhere and the flavor is so unobtrusive that I can drink it with anything and not ruin the taste. It's usually my go to beer when I'm in a bar that doesn't have a wide tap selection.

2.54/5  rDev +17.6%

I feel a little ashamed that I didn't just hate this beer, but it wasn't offensive so it can't score too low. Plus I was a little surprised that it did have a nice gold color instead of the thin yellow stuff I was expecting and it had a head that didn't instantly fizz away. The flavor wasn't much, mostly an interesting applely flavor when really cold, then joined by a faint huskiness a little later on.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Let's be honest, no one drinks this beer to wax poetic about it. It's drank to get drunk.

A - Pours from the bottle a yellow color with a white head that appears and disappears in a flash leaving nothing behind.

S - Smells like wet hair. I know that's not productive but that's what I smell.

T - A little sour at the finish with an aftertaste of malt. Not much flavor... kinda the point though isn't it?

M - Little bit of tongue bite. Watery and clean.

D - If I want to keep up with my partying college brothers this is my beer of choice. Either that or restraint and restraint always looses.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Pours very pale. The artificial carbonation is apparent.

Smells clean and grainy. Too clean, and not grainy enough.

The hops is here, but not enough. Corn plays too central a role on the palate. Tastes too much like water.

It's smooth, light, and very drinkable, but not so flavorful.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Good switch off from Coors Light in case you want to switch it up during you're drinking. If out with friends at a local bar where this is served, will go for it sometimes. When poured, develops a decent head without a too impressive smell. Tastes slightly sweeter than Coors Light and very watery. Very carbonated so harder to drink, but still an overall decent beer.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.