Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,119 | Hads: 4,207
1.69/5  rDev -25.6%

Pours a three finger, white head that quickly fades leaving some lacing. Insipid pale yellow color. Very light carbonation and very light bodied. Faint skunky nose. Has a tinny watery flavor, faint hops in the background, good lawnmower beer if you can stand the tinny flavor. $4.99 for a 6-pack from Market Basket Concord, NH. Needed to buy this stuff for a party, amazing how quick it goes!!

1.69/5  rDev -25.6%

Appearance: Clear and a pale gold. It looks like your typical Light Lager. Small head that dissipates quick.

Smell: I noticed virtually no aroma with this beer. Maybe some small sweet smells, but not much.

Taste: Same with the smell, there simply isn't much there.

Mouthfeel: Very thin and watery, with a little bit of carbonation to fill it out very slightly.

Drinkability: Not very good. Not something I would get again.

This beer, while it didn't offend me or anything, it did nothing to impress me. It's just kind of...there.

1.68/5  rDev -26%

This one is a deeper yellow/gold than some other light macro lager's with a medium carboantion, a bit relaxed and a fine-white foamy head appears and dissapears fast.

The aroma has a sour-doug bread, sweet scented malt with a bitter-hop(?) edge at the end. but that's about it.

The flavor is a mild and weak, but sweet corn malt flavor, slightly dry but crisp and light and only a slight metallic bitterness at the end and a slightly skunked hop to finish.

This beer is like a horse with a broken leg.

1.68/5  rDev -26%

The worst American macro light lager I have ever had. Got a can of this for free. A friend was over my house a few days ago and left a can in the fridge so I figured I'd review it. I had Coors light recently and it was better than this crap of a can of Miller Lite. That's not saying too much though. Pours a clear yellow color with a decent sized head that all but totally dissappears very quickly, leaving very little lacing. Smell... what smell? I certainly didn't smell anything at all, except a sort of skunky aroma with perhaps a very, very faint trace of something that might resemble some very mild hops, corn, or malt. Extremely mild and bland tastes of hops, corn and malt in a very thin and watery sort of manner. Mouthfeel is also extremely thin and water like with mild to moderate carbonation. I suppose the one decent thing that this beer has going for it is that it is indeed very easy to drink, but not in a good way per se when it comes to beer. With this beer you might as well be drinking water and it wouldn't taste any different, but water may be a little better and more refreshing, than this beer. I'm not even sure if I think this is worth drinking for free, even when no other beer is available. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

1.68/5  rDev -26%

A friend left a couple of bottles in my fridge, so what the hell. The bottle actually says "355 mL" -- they don't export this crap, do they?

Pours a dehydrated piss yellow with a fluffy white head that quickly fades to white patchiness in the center of my glass. Poured into an Arrogant Bastard shaker to try to scare it into tasting like something.

Smells like water. Honestly, I smell nothing.

Has some taste though. By some, I mean hardly any. If you soaked some corn in some vodka and boiled off most of the alcohol, I think you'd be pretty close to this recipe. I used to think that this stuff tasted terrible when I drank it in high school; now I don't think it tastes like much of anything, good or overly bad.

Mouthfeel? Ha, sure. Nope.

Unfortunately, there's one more of these in my fridge. Hopefully someone will come over soon and discard it for me. Probably tastes good if poured into a funnel.

I have fond memories of trying this in high school, proclaiming, "I hate beer," and promptly swilling a liter or so of Jim Beam. Ah, how I've grown.

1.67/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

This beer is a very light brown color with almost no smell, it is very tasteless as well, so the taste could best be described as if you took a Miller High Life, poured out half of it and replaced it with water. This beer is pretty much only good for drinking fast in order to get drunk.

1.66/5  rDev -26.9%

Pours a very light straw yellow with a fizzy, one finger head of white bubbles. Head quickly drops to just a ring, with no lacing. Carbonation is very effervescent.

Aroma, such as it is, is DMS (cooked corn), light pils malt, and no detectable hops. The smell actually vanishes after 5 minutes.

First flavor is very thin pils malt, cooked corn, kind of chalky, watery, and really flavorless. Aftertaste is very short and empty.

Mouthfeel is watery thin with sharp carbonation, not very pleasant.

This is just a mess. Even for style, it's pretty bad. The main character is DMS, sulphury and thin. Insipid, vapid, and anorexic describe this "beer" very well.

1.66/5  rDev -26.9%

A- More colour than you would expect - probably due to the carmel colouring it undoubtedly contains. Looks like a decent beer.

S- Dosn't smell. Just enough smell to tell it's a beer and not a club soda.

T- If you are out doors, skateboarding or mowing the lawn or enjoying another activity that would mellow you enough and not allow room to contemplate what you are drinking, it's tolerable. Much like a club soda with a bit of skunked light beer added. Horrible with food. To try and pair this with food would be futile. Tastes of watery must.

M- Club soda.

D- Decent if your mindless. But why would you want to get drunk on something like this?

Serving type: can

1.66/5  rDev -26.9%

Gross. Down with BMC and their phony "vortex bottles". How many more ridiculous container designs are you going to come up with? Each day I hate you more and more as you push craft brews off the shelf with your bastardized product and unethical practices.

1.65/5  rDev -27.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Appearance - It is a very light yellow color, with zero head.

Smell - It has the usual adjunct smell to it.

Taste - Not much in the way of taste, but it doesn't have a weird aftertaste like some AAL.

Mouthfeel - Light beer, with decent carbonation.

Overall - Its not the best AAL.

1.65/5  rDev -27.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 2.5

A: Very pale yellow/straw color with almost no head and absolutely zero head retention/lacing.

S: Not much there. Some grains and certainly none of the "triple hop addition."

T: Again, not too much. There are some grainy/grassy tastes from the adjuncts, and the tiniest bit of pale malt flavor, but a zero on the hops, and no complexity.

M: Quite watery. Very, very light. Carbonation is okay, but that really doesn't save it.

D: Less drinkable than Bud Light, unfortunately. I guess it goes down fairly easy, it just hardly resembles beer.

1.65/5  rDev -27.3%

Of the megabrewers, this has to be the light beer that makes the worst impression on me. Granted all aren't a good color or smell, but the taste of this one is just rather odd.

1.65/5  rDev -27.3%

11276 lasered on the bottle. Served cold in a pilsener glass, the label proclaims this is a "true pilsner beer". Let's drink.

Appearance- Flaccid and wimpy, the beer pours a pale straw with a lighter-than-water look and consistency. The fizzy, white head is quick to diminish and leaves no lacing behind.

Smell- Corny, vegetal, cereal aromas that really have no place in real beer... I'm not getting hops or malt, this just smells like cheap adjuncts.

Taste- Why bother pouring this into a glass? It tastes like water and fake grains... better suited for shooting straight down the gullet from the bottle. Refreshing, but certainly not anything to speak of tastewise.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability- Razor sharp carbonation harshly envelops the mouth and tongue, becoming less prickly but still grating overall. There is a dry finish which I find positive, but that's all. This type of beer is the reason that people say "I hate the taste of beer"... there's nothing but cheap filler to taste, and it's all that most people know exists.

1.65/5  rDev -27.3%

Bought a case for a party, and against my better judgement I decided to try one (after not having had one in YEARS) for a change.

a - extremely tepid body and color

s - not particularly offensive, but there's just not much there but a very faint odor of hops

t - little flavor whatsoever but it does have a fairly crisp and clean finish

m - barely noticeable

d - will be another few years, if ever, before I drink another

It's amazing that people put up with this, that's about all I can say.

1.64/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

**FROM OLD NOTES, 01/3/12:
Best of the crappy lite beers, probably because it's watered down so much. Sitting here drinking it by itself trying to intelligently assess the attributes of Miller Lite seems kind of silly. It's good to drink a lot of these with a good thin crust pizza. Must be the vortex bottle.**

1.64/5  rDev -27.8%

appearance: yellow, pale gold color

smell: somewhat stale aroma

taste: kind of a mild hoppiness, weird grainy flavor

mouthfeel: alot of carbonation

drinkability: ok, I suppose, for the budget nights or frat parties. About what you'd expect from an American Lite beer. Nothing to drink on a regular basis.

Leftovers...gotta love em.
Drank straight from the bottle cause...well, we all know what it looks like.

Nose is muted because it is very cold, but mildly offensive corn and light malt notes. Smells worse the warmer it gets.

I think it has slightly more beer flavor than a bud light, but is that really a good thing? Carbonation and corn are about the only things I can taste in here. It only makes me grimace when it gets above 40 degrees.

There are plenty worse bargain macros out there, I waffle between this or bud light as the #2 and #3 macro lights, both are pretty bad. I recommend coors light if you have to drink one of the three.

1.63/5  rDev -28.2%

Pourded into a wheat glass, color is a light yellow gold with alot of carbination and little head that recedes in a few seconds, no lacing. Taste is of watered corn with a slight hind of oats, not very impressive taste more like water than anything. I'm not impressed by this lite lager no taste I guess it would be good for a cheap alternative, but I would pass.

1.63/5  rDev -28.2%

Pours a faint yellow color with no head. A slight sweetness in the nose, and the same in taste. It is a clean beer, with no aftertaste. I do not say I like this beer, but there is not much to say. Smooth and does not have a major taste profile. I guess that is why the masses drink this, but it is non offensive.

1.63/5  rDev -28.2%

Ok, I had no choice, it was my buddy's boat. This beer has no taste, some carb and no hops what so ever. Goes right through you, drink a can, piss over the side of the boat. I can't understand how people actually enjoy this headache in a can. I can't recommend it unless it's the only thing available.

1.63/5  rDev -28.2%

great taste less filling?
pours a really pale watery urine yellow.
smells like a value macro.
ok. it does have more taste than most light lagers-but thats not necessarily a good thing. run of the mill semi-watered down boring macro flavor. I'd rather just have beer water with maybe a hint of excitement.
sure. its drinkable. good throwback beer. not my throwback of choice but its what the people like.

1.62/5  rDev -28.6%

I CANnot believe either their current marketing campaign OR the gullibility of the drinking populace. "Locks In Great Pilsner Taste", "Taste Protector Lid", "Great Pilsner Taste ... Triple Hops Brewed" are all followed on their imprint by "TM" in the teeny-tiniest, sub-agate font allowed by law! Why, you might ask is that important? Because, by law, you CAN and MAY trademark any meaningless slogan that passes across your synapses. That would be like me advertising "Woody Chandler - interchangeable with Hercules, Adonis, and/or Superman!" (TM). Rubbish!

On to the beer: I hoped, for a fleeting millisecond, that I might have actually poured a beer today with some head. Whoops, was I wrong! It started out with a nice, bone-white head, but the fizzy carbonic nature of the beer just erupted right through any head that may have had a chance. Even H. C. Andersen's mermaid had a better chance of becoming foam. I really had to sniff to get the cereal-grain (think Cheerios) smell that so many others have alluded to. It was a weakling at a sand-kicking contest (thx, Charles Atlas). Color was a straw-yellow with a brightness approaching water or glass. Mouthfeel was light and airy, allowing me to drift away on its billowy, puffy feel and forget, blissfully, that I was supposed to be drinking BEER! The taste, thankfully protected by the lid and with a "great pilsner taste" (TM), reminded me that it was "triple hops brewed" (TM). Rubbish! I've had tap water with a better taste and mouthfeel. Utter garbage foisted upon an unsuspecting public by lawyers in cahoots with brewers who should know better. The finish left me wishing for beer.

When the bottom line ($) is the bottom line, spend your money elsewhere.

1.61/5  rDev -29.1%

The appearance is the best feature of this brew... Arrives a pale yellow with a very thin fizzy head... Clear as a bell with quite a bit of active carbonation...

Very strange metallic aromas coming off of this one mix with a light toasted graininess... Rather unappealing... Maybe a little floral hops but not much a all...

Grainy toastiness up front which quickly fades into a metallic aftertaste with lots of fizziness and corn flavors... Very thin and watery mouthfeel, almost feels lighter than water if that were possible..

A favorite of many Joe Six Packs but I don't like this one at all.. I like beer with some flavor..

1.6/5  rDev -29.5%

There is not much quality to Miller Lite, but it is a mass quantity beer for the general population. It is has a real light taste, goes down smooth, and leaves a dry aftertaste. It has light head and is quite foamy depending on the carbonation levels and how it is served (glass, bottle, or tap). It has a low to average alcohol (abv) content of 4.17-4.20%.

One positive note is that when drinking Miller Lite, I have never got bloated, and it makes it good for things like barbecues and parties where food is being served. Another positive note about Miller Lite is the pour technology, which reduces head and foam.

1.6/5  rDev -29.5%

served in a pint glass as my local dive...

A - A beautiful shade of piss yellow, with millions of fizzy little bubbles... seriously, these beers look like carbonated pee...

S - Despite the fact that this was served on tap, it still captures the metallic, corn type smell... man, this is gonna be rough..

T - wound up finishing the pint in about five gulps with the hope that I could move on to my next brew.. Very metallic...

M - I get more of a body from a Dr. Pepper

I know I've been dogging this product, but in all reality, it's not the worst of the BMC products...

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.