Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,107
1.6/5  rDev -31%

Awful. This is a beer for poor college students, nothing more. I don't understand how people drink this. But, you probably didn't need an official review to tell you this. I'd rather drink tap water with a lime than drink this stuff. There are better beers for the same cost. (275 characters)

1.6/5  rDev -31%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Ahhh: One of America's most popular beers. Donated by a "friend", otherwise I wouldn't have had it. The beer is an extremely pale yellow color. Minimal aroma. Minimal taste. At least it is a watered down version of Miller's signature taste. Another example of what a big advertising budget can reap in sales that taste cannot. (326 characters)

1.59/5  rDev -31.5%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Regular sized bottle, poured into a plastic cup at a game.

It actually does not look all that bad, golden, nice white head, but little retention, and no lacing.

Very thin, as expected, slightly bitter, and if you look real hard, maybe some biscuity taste, but really thin with no depth. The interesting thing is that it tastes very close to the non-light version. (365 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

The best way to tackle a Miller Lite is to put it in the freezer until it's just about to freeze (don't actually let it freeze, though - nobody likes ice crystals in their beer). When it's a few degrees above freezing point, take it out of the freezer and try to drink it as fast as you can. Don't worry about brain freeze - the stinging in your head will only aid in distraction from the pain being unleashed upon your palate.

In all seriousness, it's hard to accurately rate something that's really this awful. It's a realm that's so far away from what we know as "beer" - and NOT in a good way (like as in Sam Adam's Utopias). Miller Lite is to beer what the Chicago Cubs are to baseball. Sure, there are people who pretend to like it, but most people don't actually enjoy it. And smarter people have move on to bigger and better things.

Miller Lite looks like a somewhat hydrated man's piss with even less foam. Smells like grains, metal, corn, and musk. Tastes like grains, metal, corn, musk. Unless you drink it ice cold - then it doesn't really taste like much at all (and that's the best thing you can hope for). Don't let this baby get too warm, or it'll be a long night. Mouth feel is like seltzer water and the drinkability is on par with lemonade.

I hate bashing for the sake of bashing, but there is really no reason to ever buy this beer. (1,356 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -31.9%

12 oz. bottle in a mug...thin, spongy lace evenly dissolves on a goldish-yellow, champagne bubbly body--plenty of action!...used to feeling this in the bottle or seeing it over a Silo cup...metallic malt odor--pure nostalgic rush a plus, weak character a minus...thin, spritzy attack on the sides of the tongue, the unmistakeable corn backlash at the throat....mass production rears itself here--breathing out as flavorful as swallowing in...the taste of plasticine carbonation and obtrusive malt...score a point for the taste of beer pong, regatta, three man, asshole, beer funnel, etc., that this beer has come to guiltily associate itself with... a backyard brew for away games ONLY....on reflection, too much to say about a beer that I’m overly familiar with and couldn’t be much less interested in... but this is my wife’s favorite, so I must score with a loving heart... (879 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -31.9%

"Oh no... no beer in the fridge. Oh wait there's a Miller Lite in the bottom." This was my thoughts at a friends house when I was really wanting a beer. With nothing else to drink I figured I'd give it a try.

It initially appears much like the other American Lights, light with little head. Surprisingly, from my memory of the other light beers this one does not taste as bad, but it definately was far from good. I would steer away from this brew unless you are dying of thirst. (480 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -31.9%

12oz. bottle that I got at a local bar. Someone else bought it for me, so I lost nothing.

The beer was the usual Light Macro color of straw yellow color with a small fizzy white head. What seperated this one was the fizzy head of foam dissipated into small traces of lace around the glass. There wasn't much of an aroma (I'm not surprised), except for the faint smell of watery malt and that's it. It had a complex taste of corn, rice, other grains, and water. The kind of taste that I expected to be in this and the kind of taste you really don't want in a beer. The mouthfeel was flavorless, light, and of course watery! I did expect the light, but it could at least have some kind of flavor. It was ok for a light cheap beer and might make a nice summer light drink. They are right when they say it's less filling. (820 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -31.9%

Miller light is the heaviest of the light beers.

Light (very light) copper color with no head to talk about.

Taste of grain and alcohol. Not much of either.

Heavier body than most light beers but that isn't saying too much.

Would drink it if i am doing hard manual labor or just want to chug 13 beer in an afternoon. (321 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -31.9%

Pours a pale light yellow color with several inches of head that dwindles down to a lace. Smell is overbearing with adjuncts and corn galore. I know this is a light beer, but come on it tastes like corn water. It goes down easy, because it is lightly carbonated and has absolutely no hops whatsoever. This is sorry excuse for a beer. I'm not giving this a hard time, because it's macro brew either. I will drink some of their stuff, but if your looking for a cheap and/or light beer, this should be your last choice. (516 characters)

1.57/5  rDev -32.3%

I'm glad this beer is getting the popularity it deserves on BA. Think about why it's being drunk. Advertising, advertising, accessibility. The only reason people drink light American lagers is because it's all they know. "Awwww..brahhh..miller light over bud light anny day." Sound familiar? It's not you right?

Pours crystal clear, and tastes crystal light. By no means is it easy to control a living organism like yeast to do exactly what you want, every single time. For this they get points on appearance.

I'm trying to be objective and rate beer based off of the style, not personal bias. But alas! I can't. (614 characters)

1.57/5  rDev -32.3%

I can't express how bad and how much I do not like this beer.

Many would compare it to water.

But that is inaccurate, water is delicious.

This stuff makes me gag, a horrible flavor that

Says "f*** it, I have alcohol"

Sorry, but people who actually like this stuff are not people

I world refer to as real beer drinkers.

it was good in high school, but then again, anything that got me

trashed was good in high school. (424 characters)

1.57/5  rDev -32.3%

My son calls this one a “pork chop in a bottle”. I have to agree, even the wife-zilla has to add a lime to it to make it drinkable. Skunky, old flavor that tastes like some one left an used leather shoe in the conditioning tank. If there is absolutely nothing else available, I’d tough a few of these down – thanks be that’s not the standard. (347 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -32.8%

My buddy had a party last night and he ended up gettin a half barrel of none other than Miller Lite. So, not being one to turn down a keg and not wanting to seem snobbish enough to bring my own personal beer, I drank it for the night.

Taste seems to be a little crisper out of the keg...but again there really is nothing to this brew. Thankfully, it was smokey as hell in his place so I couldn't really taste anything anyhow. It was decent for the night and it goes down like water...just with a little added color and carbonation... (536 characters)

16 oz. can bought while in San Antonio

Pours a very pale yellow with a small white head.

Flavor is pretty macro. Some malt flavor, but not much. The beer would be much better if they had included a bit of a hop bite. Funky aftertaste.

Drinkable only if very cold or at the end of the night if you are wanting to stay drunk. (332 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -32.8%

Yellow appearance, fizzy, clear, slimy head. Faintest possible aroma, smells like rice, corn, and poverty. Flavor is like corn syrup flavored seltzer water. Tons of carbonation, thin body, clean finish. As drinkable as water. I feel dirty drinking this. (253 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -32.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Had some of this from a keg at a party the other night. Reviewing this simply because I haven't reviewed it before.

Poured a pale straw yellow, lacking head of any kind. Quite clear though. The aroma is very faint, if any. Very light corn and sweet grains, but that's about it. The flavor is bland and watery. I drank a water after this and it wasn't too different. Fizzy and carbonated. At least it has more carbonation than Angel's Share lol. I poured the rest out after making some notes. (492 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -32.8%

Miller Lite. Yep. Funds are low, belly is big, and home town selection is short on beers I haven't reviewed. I'm sure I've had one of these at some point in my life, but can't remember. How bad can it be?

Crystal clear urine yellow under a flimsy white cap. Why must all macros look identical?

Smells bad. One of the nastier smelling versions.

Tastes bad. I have to but Miller below Bud. All products.

Wife takes a sip and says "this is the butt of the butt." 'Nuff said.

Overall: I apologize to me (503 characters)

1.55/5  rDev -33.2%

I knew the day would come, so I might as well start getting the macros out of the way. Of the 2 or 3 beers that I will not drink, this is one of them. I was fully prepared to leave, when friends forced me to stay and offered me one of these. The forced air carbonation gave a large fluffy head and the smell was bitter, but not quite a hops type bitterness. The color was a very light golden and the taste was non-existent. (427 characters)

1.54/5  rDev -33.6%

I still put this in my bottom tier, but it deserves a bit better than my initial review (May 2002). The flavor, aroma, and body are still vapid to the point of being neutral. There is a sembalance of hoppy (though I cringe when I use that word here) crispness that elevates it slightly.

---
I'd write a review if there was anything to review here. Just God awful. One of the worst ever....right up there with Bud and Bud Light. Usually I put Miller above AB and Coors..not with this one...just plain horrible.
Pilsner huh? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Another "beer" I had at a good friend's bday party. Fortunately, I had some good stuff in reserve that I had to break out. I am sure I converted some people after the horrible duo of this and Coors Light. Rating 1.0 (753 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

One of four beers from this brewery I tried and reviewed while on holiday in Tobago. I disliked all of them. How does this brewery survive, their products are awful.

12oz can, poured cold into a cold half pint tumbler.

Very pale gold, full white head at first, soon fell away to a thin covering.

This is a nothing beer, no aroma, no taste or body to it. A waste of money. (374 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This was free at a Lansing Lugnuts game. Have not had a Lite in at least a decade. Really debated reviewing this beer, reviewing macrobrews has the same snarky "dig me, look how far I've come" vibe as 12-year olds loudly playing in a little kids playground. What the hell, I'm snarky. Here we go.

Pours a faint yellow with a lot of meringue-y head on it. The smell is weak, weak, weak, thin, grainy.Picking up a hint of....MEOW MIX?

OK, here we go, down the hatch. Uch. Cheap grains, corn, rice....Is this what Meow Mix tastes like? No hint of alcohol. If a single hop was harmed in the making of this beer, I'd be very surprised. God, this is awful. But is also free, and would like to get a good buzz going. Must keep drinking. I guess I've stumbled on to the secret to Lite's success.

Thin and unsatisfying, obnoxious champagne bubbliness.

If you are reading this review, you are probably doing so to see if I make fun of Lite, and you don't need me to tell you it's a shitty beer. But I will say it anyway, Miller Lite is a shitty, shitty beer. (1,053 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Okay here is the Miller Lite review that I was planning on doing side by side with the Bud Light. Heres We goes!

Appearance- Eh you know piss yellow with a white head that falls flat within minutes of the innitial pour. Minimal lacing.

Smell- It has a more corn smell than bud does. It also has this strange musty smell that I can't place. I can't pick up any of their supposed triple hops brewed traits at all.

Taste- There really isn't much to say here it is very watered down and it hasn't got much of a beer taste. I mean like bud-light it isn't offensive it just doesn't have anything to offer.

Mouthfeel- Once again watery and carbonated that's about it.

Drinkability- I can't drink as many of these as I can Bud-light. I don't know if my pallete is so in tune with the elements of fine beer that I loose interest or what it is. I mean I can drink like 3 and that's it at that point I will reach for a High Life or a PBR. There must be something so minute in difference because I am not sure what it is all I know is Bud-light wins between these two as far as drinkability goes.

Overall- What is left to be said. This is just another perfect example of why I tend to stick to finer beers when my budget allows it. I drink for quality not quantity. If I was handed one of these I would drink it but I will NEVER buy this beer unless it is rediculously cheap and I have to stock my fridge for a party to keep people away from my private reserve of fine beers. (1,469 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is usually the beer that I would save until I was drunk enough not to even care. However, it still tastes bad even when my taste buds are muted. The color in any container is a very pale yellow color with some anemic head that quickly fades – no lacing. You can look at the color and tell we are talking adjuncts. The smell is like wet cardboard and moldy hops. . The mouthfeel is fizzy and very, very light. The taste is tart bordering on astringent with some fizzyness around the tongue. It has some weak grainy flavor that strikes me as carbonated Malt-o-meal. (569 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

I'm wondering if this is actually beer, it really tastes like water. Pours a pale yellow hinting it might be beer. No smell, no beer taste, just carbonated water. Mouthfeel the same. Overall it is quite refreshing on a hot day, but if you are expecting this to be a beer, you are wrong. (286 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Pours a straw yellow color with a thin white head and zero lacing.
Smells of some vague adjunct corn, fake malt, something. Tastes a little sweet from malt and somewhat bitter from some hops somewhere. Mouthfeel is very thin. Very low drinkability. Don't waste your time on this one. (283 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.