Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,107 | Hads: 4,133
1.54/5  rDev -33.6%

I still put this in my bottom tier, but it deserves a bit better than my initial review (May 2002). The flavor, aroma, and body are still vapid to the point of being neutral. There is a sembalance of hoppy (though I cringe when I use that word here) crispness that elevates it slightly.

---
I'd write a review if there was anything to review here. Just God awful. One of the worst ever....right up there with Bud and Bud Light. Usually I put Miller above AB and Coors..not with this one...just plain horrible.
Pilsner huh? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Another "beer" I had at a good friend's bday party. Fortunately, I had some good stuff in reserve that I had to break out. I am sure I converted some people after the horrible duo of this and Coors Light. Rating 1.0 (753 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

One of four beers from this brewery I tried and reviewed while on holiday in Tobago. I disliked all of them. How does this brewery survive, their products are awful.

12oz can, poured cold into a cold half pint tumbler.

Very pale gold, full white head at first, soon fell away to a thin covering.

This is a nothing beer, no aroma, no taste or body to it. A waste of money. (374 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This was free at a Lansing Lugnuts game. Have not had a Lite in at least a decade. Really debated reviewing this beer, reviewing macrobrews has the same snarky "dig me, look how far I've come" vibe as 12-year olds loudly playing in a little kids playground. What the hell, I'm snarky. Here we go.

Pours a faint yellow with a lot of meringue-y head on it. The smell is weak, weak, weak, thin, grainy.Picking up a hint of....MEOW MIX?

OK, here we go, down the hatch. Uch. Cheap grains, corn, rice....Is this what Meow Mix tastes like? No hint of alcohol. If a single hop was harmed in the making of this beer, I'd be very surprised. God, this is awful. But is also free, and would like to get a good buzz going. Must keep drinking. I guess I've stumbled on to the secret to Lite's success.

Thin and unsatisfying, obnoxious champagne bubbliness.

If you are reading this review, you are probably doing so to see if I make fun of Lite, and you don't need me to tell you it's a shitty beer. But I will say it anyway, Miller Lite is a shitty, shitty beer. (1,053 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Okay here is the Miller Lite review that I was planning on doing side by side with the Bud Light. Heres We goes!

Appearance- Eh you know piss yellow with a white head that falls flat within minutes of the innitial pour. Minimal lacing.

Smell- It has a more corn smell than bud does. It also has this strange musty smell that I can't place. I can't pick up any of their supposed triple hops brewed traits at all.

Taste- There really isn't much to say here it is very watered down and it hasn't got much of a beer taste. I mean like bud-light it isn't offensive it just doesn't have anything to offer.

Mouthfeel- Once again watery and carbonated that's about it.

Drinkability- I can't drink as many of these as I can Bud-light. I don't know if my pallete is so in tune with the elements of fine beer that I loose interest or what it is. I mean I can drink like 3 and that's it at that point I will reach for a High Life or a PBR. There must be something so minute in difference because I am not sure what it is all I know is Bud-light wins between these two as far as drinkability goes.

Overall- What is left to be said. This is just another perfect example of why I tend to stick to finer beers when my budget allows it. I drink for quality not quantity. If I was handed one of these I would drink it but I will NEVER buy this beer unless it is rediculously cheap and I have to stock my fridge for a party to keep people away from my private reserve of fine beers. (1,469 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is usually the beer that I would save until I was drunk enough not to even care. However, it still tastes bad even when my taste buds are muted. The color in any container is a very pale yellow color with some anemic head that quickly fades – no lacing. You can look at the color and tell we are talking adjuncts. The smell is like wet cardboard and moldy hops. . The mouthfeel is fizzy and very, very light. The taste is tart bordering on astringent with some fizzyness around the tongue. It has some weak grainy flavor that strikes me as carbonated Malt-o-meal. (569 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

I'm wondering if this is actually beer, it really tastes like water. Pours a pale yellow hinting it might be beer. No smell, no beer taste, just carbonated water. Mouthfeel the same. Overall it is quite refreshing on a hot day, but if you are expecting this to be a beer, you are wrong. (286 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Pours a straw yellow color with a thin white head and zero lacing.
Smells of some vague adjunct corn, fake malt, something. Tastes a little sweet from malt and somewhat bitter from some hops somewhere. Mouthfeel is very thin. Very low drinkability. Don't waste your time on this one. (283 characters)

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pint glass.

It's a pale yellow with a foamy white head that quickly disappears and lots of carbonation.

It doesn't smell like much, corn and a faint whiff of hops.

It tastes like corn. Pairs great with tortilla chips.

This beer is watery and fizzy.

No thanks. I'd rather drink a Busch. But the tornado bottle, or whatever it's called, is wonderfully silly marketing. (385 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Poured 39 degrees Fahrenheit into a tulip glass. No born date.

Pours a completely lucid gold with a very tall three finger, stark white head. Good lacing.

Smells of sweat and corn and college. Yikes.

Yhup. It's an American adjunct lager. This is probably the closest thing to water I think I could find. Some slight corn, a skunkiness on the finish. Bit of can flavor in there. Touch of sweetness at the end.

Mouthfeel is highly effervescent, slightly coating, but really almost completely gone after swallowing. It should be known that I regret swallowing.

You would probably have to pay me to drink this.

60. (616 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Painful to drink, especially once your palate has become educated.

Appearance- Water

Smell- Tainted water

Taste- Slight maltiness, way too much carbonation, which at least masks what would otherwise be a nasty taste.

Mouthfeel- Water

Drinkability- The only purpose of this "beer" is to get a buzz, and might I add, mission accomplished. (351 characters)

1.52/5  rDev -34.5%

appearance: is by far the best pair of the beer, has decent head retention and is the standard for a see through pilsner

smell: reminds me of high school and vomiting

taste: It honestly tastes like they screwed up somehow, and the aftertaste is mild but unpleasant

mouthfeel: typical lite beer mouthfeel

overall: as bad as it is popular (340 characters)

1.51/5  rDev -34.9%

Poured 12oz bottle into pint glass. Poured a clear pale straw color. 2 finger white head, stayed together for a good bit. Smell was watery and grainy, not good at all. Taste was water down, light grain, corn adjunct flavoring, cheap aftertaste. Very light mouthfeel with high carbonation, its a yellow fizzy beer. Drinkable for a light beer, but i won't buy any of this with my own money ever again...maybe if its given to me. (426 characters)

Served on-tap.

A: Very light gold. Clear crisp look with topped with a white-foamy cap.

S: Skunky. It was fresh from the tap but it smelled like it was stale.

T: Watered down. This was extremely watered down. I do not usually drink light beers but this tasted more like flat mineral water than beer. Hard to identify a particular taste.

M: Felt like drinking water. Left my mouth rather dry. Had to wash it down with a soda to get rid of the after-taste/feel.

Overall this is not a good beer by my standards. I hate slamming beers but this just is not a beer I would ever drink again or suggest to anyone. It lacked taste. I am a fan of full-bodied beers so that probably is why this lacked flavor. (706 characters)

1.51/5  rDev -34.9%

I try not to prejudge beers, but with 'lights' and 'ices' I find myself doing so despite myself.

My dad works as a bartender. Tonight I stopped by his bar after work (late at night). He had mistakenly given someone a miller light when they had asked for a budlite. I was going to pick on him about it, but as he went to grab her the beer she had requested he instead grabbed and opened another miller lite. I saw what he was doing and said four times that he had grabbed a miller light but he didn't hear me. I was like rainman on that shit; "that's a miller. that's a miller. that's a miller." But he opened it anyway and realized his mistake as he was handing it to her.

So I teased him about that for most of the night but at the end of the evening he had two opened miller lights in the cooler and offered me one... I was out of money, so why not? Ended up he wouldn't drink the other one so I had to drink it for him to.

The first one I didn't taste much at all. Might be that I still had heineken on the palate or it might be that it just didn't have any flavor; but by the second time I the miller taste kicked in and depressed the shit out of me.

It was barely any color at all, like an underdyed yellow easter egg; and had a thin and quickly receding white head. Smelled like hardly anything but vaguely like a lager that had been spilled the day before and no one had cleaned it up quite yet.

The taste wasn't there for most of the two beers, on the second I started to feel bland malts and stale hops. The moment the taste registered it became difficult to finish. But I dind't want my dad to feel that he had wasted the beer so I took the rest of it down.

I've heard people say that some beers are like drinking water but I never understood it until today. This was like drinking a very stale water. (1,818 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I guess out of the macro light lagers, this is one of the better ones. But that is not saying much at all! It poured the typical clear/straw color with a minimal head that quickly faded into nothing. The smell was of grain and a slight malt scent as well. The taste was grain then a nasty sweetness that tried to cover up the brews nastyness, but instead just added to it. I don't know why any sane person would drink this on a regular basis. (442 characters)

(From notes)

Grainy and unsatisfying. The quintessential watered-down beer.
Crisp and often cold, but never refreshing or worthwhile.

Pours clear yellow with an immediately-dissipating froth head.

Taste and smell are indistinct and muddled. Too grainy and hard on the palate.

Poor finish and leaves a touch of runny malt on the back end. Too dry to finish well. (368 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

Definitely the worst beer I've ever had. Some beers thankfully have no flavor (Bud Lite) but this tastes like ash to me. If you have to drink one please drink it cold, very cold. Heaven help you if you drink it warm. (219 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

* I will review this in full, just to show how lacking it is *

Presentation: 12 oz brown glass bottle

Appearance: No need to sully a perfectly good glass, at least viewing it through brown glass makes it look like it has some body.

Taste: Help me find it! This is so watery, with the SLIGHTEST hints of sweet grain. That's really it.

Mouthfeel: H2O

Drinkability: Well, it can't be hard to throw back when it doesn't taste like much, can it? Still, motivation counts for something here, and I couldn't force myself to drink more than one, ever.

Notes: We had a party where everyone brought their own beer. No smirnoff, bacardi, skyy blue here. So my friend brings this, usually only drinking malternatives. I have never met a more tasteless beer. After a Guinness Extra Stout, I truly COULD NOT TASTE IT at all. Don't try to get people hooked on beer with this, as it is not an intro, but rather, a blasphemy to beer in general. (945 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Not much of an appearance with about a 1" head that quickly disappears. Smells like watered down...water beer. Taste like a normal american pilsner which lacks much flavor or imagination. Really crisp and tastes pretty much how it smells and looks. Let's face it, this is a drinking game beer so leave it for the tailgates or beer pong. Unless of course it's free, then the "free beer" rule applies. (399 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Miller Lite has always been considered low end light swill to me. Golden color, not much head or lacing. Grainy, hay taste with some corn and malt. Thin and watery and a bit foul tasting. Not completely undrinkable but there are better light beer swill options. (261 characters)

Uhgg!

my dad had this in his fridge. i was hot. i was thirsty. i was weak in my convictions! so i swiped one...Uhgg!

not good. it had been a long time since i had a ML. it will be a long time till i have another. it is certainly better than Bud Light and Mich Ultra, but it is still another watery lil to no taste or bad taste super light beer.

pass.

suckem up and movem out.

giblet (397 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

appearance: light yellow, light... light...

smell: slight hops to almost nothing

taste: Little to none, maybe a hence of corn or other grains

mouthfeel: watery and not beer like

drinkability: very easy, high carbonation makes it good for some things I guess. (262 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Was subjected to an Xmas day with many miller products. For shame.

Pours a clear yellow. Shocking, I know. Surprisingly robust head, two or three inches. Taste has no hops, fruit flavoring, or anything other than some skunky malt. Overly carbonated and watery.

Stay away. (274 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Why bother, seriously. At least it tasted slightly smoother than Amstel Light. If you are drinking this you really don't like beer, it's that simple. I'd tell you to go drink a seltzer water instead but that is probably more expensive. (235 characters)

1.49/5  rDev -35.8%

This beer is terrible, I will throw it in the same barrel as keystone. I wouldn't imagine that any beer enthusiasts would ever recommend this trash. This beer is made for kids to chug without having to think about taste. I can only hope that craft brewers will continue their uprise so that support of these gross mass produced beers will stop someday. (352 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.