Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,098
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pint glass.

It's a pale yellow with a foamy white head that quickly disappears and lots of carbonation.

It doesn't smell like much, corn and a faint whiff of hops.

It tastes like corn. Pairs great with tortilla chips.

This beer is watery and fizzy.

No thanks. I'd rather drink a Busch. But the tornado bottle, or whatever it's called, is wonderfully silly marketing. (385 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Poured 39 degrees Fahrenheit into a tulip glass. No born date.

Pours a completely lucid gold with a very tall three finger, stark white head. Good lacing.

Smells of sweat and corn and college. Yikes.

Yhup. It's an American adjunct lager. This is probably the closest thing to water I think I could find. Some slight corn, a skunkiness on the finish. Bit of can flavor in there. Touch of sweetness at the end.

Mouthfeel is highly effervescent, slightly coating, but really almost completely gone after swallowing. It should be known that I regret swallowing.

You would probably have to pay me to drink this.

60. (616 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Painful to drink, especially once your palate has become educated.

Appearance- Water

Smell- Tainted water

Taste- Slight maltiness, way too much carbonation, which at least masks what would otherwise be a nasty taste.

Mouthfeel- Water

Drinkability- The only purpose of this "beer" is to get a buzz, and might I add, mission accomplished. (351 characters)

1.52/5  rDev -34.5%

appearance: is by far the best pair of the beer, has decent head retention and is the standard for a see through pilsner

smell: reminds me of high school and vomiting

taste: It honestly tastes like they screwed up somehow, and the aftertaste is mild but unpleasant

mouthfeel: typical lite beer mouthfeel

overall: as bad as it is popular (340 characters)

1.51/5  rDev -34.9%

Poured 12oz bottle into pint glass. Poured a clear pale straw color. 2 finger white head, stayed together for a good bit. Smell was watery and grainy, not good at all. Taste was water down, light grain, corn adjunct flavoring, cheap aftertaste. Very light mouthfeel with high carbonation, its a yellow fizzy beer. Drinkable for a light beer, but i won't buy any of this with my own money ever again...maybe if its given to me. (426 characters)

Served on-tap.

A: Very light gold. Clear crisp look with topped with a white-foamy cap.

S: Skunky. It was fresh from the tap but it smelled like it was stale.

T: Watered down. This was extremely watered down. I do not usually drink light beers but this tasted more like flat mineral water than beer. Hard to identify a particular taste.

M: Felt like drinking water. Left my mouth rather dry. Had to wash it down with a soda to get rid of the after-taste/feel.

Overall this is not a good beer by my standards. I hate slamming beers but this just is not a beer I would ever drink again or suggest to anyone. It lacked taste. I am a fan of full-bodied beers so that probably is why this lacked flavor. (706 characters)

1.51/5  rDev -34.9%

I try not to prejudge beers, but with 'lights' and 'ices' I find myself doing so despite myself.

My dad works as a bartender. Tonight I stopped by his bar after work (late at night). He had mistakenly given someone a miller light when they had asked for a budlite. I was going to pick on him about it, but as he went to grab her the beer she had requested he instead grabbed and opened another miller lite. I saw what he was doing and said four times that he had grabbed a miller light but he didn't hear me. I was like rainman on that shit; "that's a miller. that's a miller. that's a miller." But he opened it anyway and realized his mistake as he was handing it to her.

So I teased him about that for most of the night but at the end of the evening he had two opened miller lights in the cooler and offered me one... I was out of money, so why not? Ended up he wouldn't drink the other one so I had to drink it for him to.

The first one I didn't taste much at all. Might be that I still had heineken on the palate or it might be that it just didn't have any flavor; but by the second time I the miller taste kicked in and depressed the shit out of me.

It was barely any color at all, like an underdyed yellow easter egg; and had a thin and quickly receding white head. Smelled like hardly anything but vaguely like a lager that had been spilled the day before and no one had cleaned it up quite yet.

The taste wasn't there for most of the two beers, on the second I started to feel bland malts and stale hops. The moment the taste registered it became difficult to finish. But I dind't want my dad to feel that he had wasted the beer so I took the rest of it down.

I've heard people say that some beers are like drinking water but I never understood it until today. This was like drinking a very stale water. (1,818 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I guess out of the macro light lagers, this is one of the better ones. But that is not saying much at all! It poured the typical clear/straw color with a minimal head that quickly faded into nothing. The smell was of grain and a slight malt scent as well. The taste was grain then a nasty sweetness that tried to cover up the brews nastyness, but instead just added to it. I don't know why any sane person would drink this on a regular basis. (442 characters)

(From notes)

Grainy and unsatisfying. The quintessential watered-down beer.
Crisp and often cold, but never refreshing or worthwhile.

Pours clear yellow with an immediately-dissipating froth head.

Taste and smell are indistinct and muddled. Too grainy and hard on the palate.

Poor finish and leaves a touch of runny malt on the back end. Too dry to finish well. (368 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

Definitely the worst beer I've ever had. Some beers thankfully have no flavor (Bud Lite) but this tastes like ash to me. If you have to drink one please drink it cold, very cold. Heaven help you if you drink it warm. (219 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

* I will review this in full, just to show how lacking it is *

Presentation: 12 oz brown glass bottle

Appearance: No need to sully a perfectly good glass, at least viewing it through brown glass makes it look like it has some body.

Taste: Help me find it! This is so watery, with the SLIGHTEST hints of sweet grain. That's really it.

Mouthfeel: H2O

Drinkability: Well, it can't be hard to throw back when it doesn't taste like much, can it? Still, motivation counts for something here, and I couldn't force myself to drink more than one, ever.

Notes: We had a party where everyone brought their own beer. No smirnoff, bacardi, skyy blue here. So my friend brings this, usually only drinking malternatives. I have never met a more tasteless beer. After a Guinness Extra Stout, I truly COULD NOT TASTE IT at all. Don't try to get people hooked on beer with this, as it is not an intro, but rather, a blasphemy to beer in general. (945 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Not much of an appearance with about a 1" head that quickly disappears. Smells like watered down...water beer. Taste like a normal american pilsner which lacks much flavor or imagination. Really crisp and tastes pretty much how it smells and looks. Let's face it, this is a drinking game beer so leave it for the tailgates or beer pong. Unless of course it's free, then the "free beer" rule applies. (399 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Miller Lite has always been considered low end light swill to me. Golden color, not much head or lacing. Grainy, hay taste with some corn and malt. Thin and watery and a bit foul tasting. Not completely undrinkable but there are better light beer swill options. (261 characters)

Uhgg!

my dad had this in his fridge. i was hot. i was thirsty. i was weak in my convictions! so i swiped one...Uhgg!

not good. it had been a long time since i had a ML. it will be a long time till i have another. it is certainly better than Bud Light and Mich Ultra, but it is still another watery lil to no taste or bad taste super light beer.

pass.

suckem up and movem out.

giblet (397 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

appearance: light yellow, light... light...

smell: slight hops to almost nothing

taste: Little to none, maybe a hence of corn or other grains

mouthfeel: watery and not beer like

drinkability: very easy, high carbonation makes it good for some things I guess. (262 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Was subjected to an Xmas day with many miller products. For shame.

Pours a clear yellow. Shocking, I know. Surprisingly robust head, two or three inches. Taste has no hops, fruit flavoring, or anything other than some skunky malt. Overly carbonated and watery.

Stay away. (274 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Why bother, seriously. At least it tasted slightly smoother than Amstel Light. If you are drinking this you really don't like beer, it's that simple. I'd tell you to go drink a seltzer water instead but that is probably more expensive. (235 characters)

1.49/5  rDev -35.8%

This beer is terrible, I will throw it in the same barrel as keystone. I wouldn't imagine that any beer enthusiasts would ever recommend this trash. This beer is made for kids to chug without having to think about taste. I can only hope that craft brewers will continue their uprise so that support of these gross mass produced beers will stop someday. (352 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -36.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Forced to drink this because my father-in-law swears by it and it is one of the only beers available at football/baseball games. The smell is a very weak one and you can smell the corn and rice they use to brew it. The color is pale golden and it just looks watered down. Tastes very coppery,like I'm drinking the can and not the beer. Overall I really don't like this beer at all and kind of hate myself after drinking one, but sometimes it is either this or don't drink beer at all. Obviously my choice is beer. (513 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -36.2%

Ok I know that every beer has its time and place, and for me this beer should be consumed in large quanities while camping or at a frat house kegger.
A- Yellow with a white head
S- Really, is there a smell other than corn or...yea no clue.
T- Well hey theres no bitterness
M- Carbination and thats about it
D- See the opening remarks (334 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -36.2%

Yellow golden color with a thin fluffy head with low retention.
Unpleasant aroma of corn and some bread with butter.
Sweet flavor of corn with light hints of floral and herbal hops. Quite metallic with some Diacetyl.
Light to watery body with good carbonation.
Not a good example of this questionable style, being not even that refreshing. (339 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -36.2%

A friend of mine left five of these at my house after a shin dig we had. I brought four of them back to her and kept one because I thought it would be fun to review. There is nothing fun going on here.

So I've only pulled the bottle out of the refridgerator and I already hate myself for doing this. But anyhoo, vortex bottle (cause I"m gonna chug this) with atwist off cap dropped into my pint. Fair enough here. Can't deny that this looks pretty good. Light yellow color with a frothy white head and I'll be damned. Lacing.

So it's all down hill from here. The smell. It's like I boiled corn. Threw away the corn. Then used magic on the water to carbonate it. Then I bottled it. And now I'm drinking it. This sucks. Everything I said for the aroma applies to the taste. Maybe the taste is worse.

Mouthfeel. Light and carbonated.

Drinkability. I never want this again. I don't care how blitzed I am. I guess if I close my eyes and open my gullet it's not bad because I know it will be over soon.

I'll finish this. (1,022 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -36.2%

So, I went to a party and I put a few Murphy's Stouts in the fridge with the confidence that it would be only good beer for the party. And it was. When I had finished my beer, I was forced to scavenge. There was nothing left but Miller Lite...and I thought I'd take the plunge.

Of course the results are predictable. This is a light beer. Nothing else really needs to be said. The color is light...the aroma is light...the taste (what there is of it) is light...this is a beer that nearly doesn't exist. Oh well, I'll try to give some specifics.

The color is a very pale gold, kind of like a glass of mountain dew that has been diluted by melted ice. The head is slight and white.

The aroma, again, is very light but I can detect some hops (waaay off in the distance). Maybe a few were lying in the corner and they decided to sprinkle them in the vat. The taste is extremely distant, very crisp with little to no aftertaste. The one good thing I can say about this beer is that it is a good one for drinking a lot of if you like it, which I don't.

Never again...never again. (1,078 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -36.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

is this really necessary? probably not...
poured from the twisted neck bottle to a glass...

poured clear light golden yellow, lots of fiz and a head that built to about 3/4''... stayed around a while.

couldn't smell anything, literally had no smell.

taste was very 'booze' I guess, alcohol was overpowering and hoppy bitterness, with almost soda like carbonation and almost seltzer-water mouthfeel. couldn't really taste much else

luckily I had pizza, although it almost ruined the pizza haha...

overall? just a poor excuse to get drunk with...

ps- twisted neck bottle didn't change anything I could see, maybe, MAYBE, a smoother pour but I couldn't notice mutch... told my friend to do himself a fav and at least buy yuengling next time...

cheers! (but not with this) (776 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -37.1%

Poured from a 12oz bottle. I was surprised, about the nice head, and decent lacing. Thats where it ends.

Smell: nothing there, but not offensive either

Appearance: Pale yellow, as one might expect from a light beer of this class.

Taste: Like tap water, only with carbonation. There wasn`nt the slightest bit of a flavor, that even made me think of a beer.

Mouthfeel: Bland, watery, and very thin.

Overall: Not a beer I would ever want to serve to guests, because it just doesn`t have the slightest flavor of what a beer should have. Clever advertising about being triple hopped, but where are the hops??

Avoid!! (617 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.