Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,119 | Hads: 4,213

Served into a Coors Lite plastic glass at hotel. A managers reception with free beer, wine, brats, potato salad.
For free, I thought "what the hell"? Can't be that bad. After all, I'm thirsty and it tastes at least as good as water.
Took a sip and I thought my God! this is really bad!
I don't get it. Even if all you want is something to drink a lot of how can someone drink this??
Drain pour.
The brats and potato salad were great though.

Bottle at Smith’s Olde Bar in Atlanta. My friends (who have no taste) ordered a large bucket of this beer at the bar while watching the Steelers game. Has the appearance and taste of brown water. Hints of corn and malts. Very light bodied. I didn’t want to drink it, but I had to help them finish the bucket. On the plus side, I didn’t have to pay for it.

12oz bottle. Well, I'd call this extremely below average for a light lager. This is actually the worst of the Big 3 light beers, which is sort of like saying that Scottish terrier crap is the best tasting variety of dog crap. Wait, what is this? "Triple-hops brewed" with a "great pilsner taste?" If I'm rating to style, I've got this all wrong! This beer is obviously intended to be a world-class pilsner with a prominent hop character. With that in mind, let's do this, shall we?

Very pale yellow color, white head. Somewhat fizzy and soda-like.

Aroma? What aroma? Did my nose suddenly fail me? Oh...it must be that faint corny smell. A little sweet grainy malt as well. Not being terribly offensive saves this from a 1.0. Where are the hops?

Lots of corn in what little flavor there is. Pilsner? Not even close. The massive hop additions they claim seem to have brought this beer to about a whopping 10 IBUs. Less taste, less filling.

Watery and light on the palate. Not nearly as clean and crisp as a great pilsner.

Drinkable? Sure, but so is water. My overall impression on this beer though is not a very good one.

First had: ?

After years of abstaining from nasty fake beer, I imbibed heavily on this at a house-warming party last year. I still can't get the taste out of my mouth.

Pours a pale golden color with moderate carbonation and a finger or two of frothy white head that dissipates quickly. Weak aroma with notes of skunk, old grains, and bathwater. Tastes about the same: Pale malts, sickeningly sweet, gray water. Very light body, and goes down "oh so smooth." To be avoided.

On draught at Tokyo Grill in Victoria, TX. Pale straw color (slightly darker than water). Aroma of grass and corn. Thin, carbonated body. Taste is like water (mineral one, due to carbonation). It was the best available beer in the Japanese restaurant.

I drank a bottle of corn syrup, chased it down with some rice. I then went on to a chemical laboratory and proceeded to consume every unnatural preservative I could find. I then began to spend multi-millions of dollars on showing half naked girls on TV raving about how my beer is tops. After my really bad indigestion, I went to the toilet to bottle my processed beer.

By this time, everyone's brains had been washed thoroughly and they went to Walmart to buy my bottled pee.

Pretty bad beer...no to pick on it, but I feel this way about all the huge lite beer labels (bud light, coors light, etc.).

I am re-reviewing this beer to account or my past review of this particular beer before my beer enlightening a couple of years ago (i think this might've been the first beer i reviewed on this site haha...a little underage!).

As for taste there is nothing special to it, just kinda run of the mill. It is very clear and yellow as far as appearance.

Worst beer I've ever had. I know that the rating system is never supposed to be all 1s or all 5s, I get it...but there's no hope for Miller with this one. They should probably just shut down and stop feeding the bros.

I had one of these for the first time in years the other day. Now I remember how bad it is.

I wouldn't drink this swill again if it was the only thing available. I can't even think about drinking this without getting a headache, especially on draft.

It's like three quarters water, one quarter beer. It smells almost as bad as it tastes. I have a friend who drinks this stuff religiously. Every time I go to his house, he offers me one, and every time he does, I politely refuse it.

Why do we even rate beers like this? Shit beers like this should be banned from websites like this....bland, boring, and commercial driven. Anyone that actually gave this beer a high rating should not be here. Not even an exceptable beer Sunday football, or tailgating. It would be great if products like this just went away....

If you like to take a glass, stick it in the toilet after a fresh piss and drink it, then this beer if for you. Smell is non existent taste reminds me of a fresh swim in piss river. Color is light Amber. Would not recommend this beer to anyone.

Container Volume: 355ml

Container type: bottle

Fresh: y

Purchased @: anywhere

Cost: cheap

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: Tastes like any other pale American lager...all fake carbonation

Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

Watered down look and watered down skunk taste. OK, here we go...I wasn't going to do this, but I can't help it. This is what Miller's R&D team manager said at the last meeting before they produced Miller Lite. "Let's get some bad tasting water and really screw it up, put it in a can, market the mess out of it (because we know this works...see Coors Light), and we'll sell it and tell people they like it, then by the time they figure out this isn't really beer at all, we'll all be rich!" Enough said.

Well, i guess you could say this beer is bad. Your drinking this because you stole it or your from Ohio. I am not even going to describe the smell and taste because there isn't any. If you thought coors light was bad, this is that but watered down.

One time me and my friend decided to mix kool aid packets with the beer and it helped, it just tasted like carbonated kool aid

Light Yellow color with a small white head. Putrid, sickening aroma of algae, mop water, green plants and pale malts. Torturous, unrelenting flavor. I could barely choke down this stuff. I’ve now tried and rated Bud Light, Coors Light and this stuff, and this is by far the worst. I’d rather drink ocean water.

24 oz. can,

A: Pale yellow, with a dissipating, artificial looking white head, with horrible retention in a pint glass.

S: Basically nonexistant, a light hint of corn.

T: Terrible, tastes like old tepid bath water, mixed with soap and soaked in cornmeal for an hour. I've had bad light beers before, but this one takes the cake. I'd rather have it taste like nothing, like Coors Light or Natty Light, at least then it would be easier to drink. There's no taste of the choicest hops that they mention on the label.

M: High in carbonation, seltzery, spritzy, no substance to it.

D: A terrible beer, this will be my lowest review on this site. I know I'm ranting, but my body had a bad reaction to this overprocessed crap. Save your money and buy a real beer, or least a Bud Light, which for a light beer is not horrible. True pilsner? Yeah right, drink a fuckin' Czechvar or Urquell if you wan't a real pilsner, in conclusion, the worst beer I have ever had. This is the antithesis of beer, everythng we been striving for, going back to tradition for 9000 years, there's no need to drink this shit.

What a nothing of a beer. Briefest of heads immediately disappeared. Very weak straw yellow. Virtually no flavor at all of any kind. The label says "great pilsner taste" but it doesn't really taste of anything. Melted ice water would be more satisfying. And "triple hops brewed" but maybe by that they just mean 3 individual hop heads were added to an enormous vat of beer. Just an utter failure of a beer. And of course they trademarked the mispelling of "Lite" which is pretty funny when you consider how dumb that is and how bad the beer is.

Pale yellow appearance with a somewhat foamy head which fades quickly. Whiff of corn, otherwise not much aroma.
Taste - mostly water, absolutely no character at all. Skunky (It always is).
Mouthfeel is thin and watery, very bland
Not drinkable, unless you don't care about taste at all.

OK, go ahead and pour it in a glass. I poured pure terror. I am terrified by urine. Head gone instantly. Smells like a corn field, and a hangover. Taste is like corn mixed with water, alcohol, and carbon dioxide. Feels like water in your mouth, maybe a bubble will sneek up on you. Finish makes you want scope. Drinkability is less than zero. If I come to your house and you offer me this, don't let the screen door hit me in the ass on the way out.

1.03/5  rDev -54.6%

Poured from a can into a pint glass. Color was clear golden. Minimal head. Minimal lacing. Minimal film.

Smelled very metallic. Also some corn in there.

Tasted metallic, watery and skunky.

Light body. Average carbonation.

Just an awful, awful beer. Probably the worst one I’ve ever had. Bud Light and Natural Light are ever better than this.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

The most pale color I've ever seen, almost seems to have no color, white head for a moment, leaves no lacing. Smells slightly flowery with strong astringency, I just can't find anything good about it. Astringent taste, hops present, but what kind, these seem like they have been altered. I would expect Saaz hops, these just seem terrible. Lower carbonation, extremely light body. I couldn't finish one of these, glad I got the can from a friend, but seriously give me a Pabst anyday.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

Appearance: Very light, little to no head retention in glass.
Smell: The smell is of carbonated water and nothing else.
Taste: Taste is exactly how it smells like carbonated water.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

Gót $1/bottle at a happy hour in DC.
Some smell of hand and malt. But other than that, not really that much.
Extremely watery. Also taste as bland as water.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

Poured from a can that thankfully "Locks in that great pilsner taste". Pilsner is one of if not my least favorite style, and this is Miller lite soooo....

A- Pours about a fingers worth of fizzy white head that dissapates quickly, very quickly. The brew is a very clear, straw like color. Lots of carbonation.

S- Ick, everything about this smells metallic. I suppose theres pale malts used in this but its hard to tell. Dried corn, stale wheat, and more metal.

T- Everything about this says stale. Stale wheat, stale barley, and stale corn. The metallic presence rears its ugly head in the flavor too. Aftertaste is somewhat of lima beans, gross. I like succatash(lima beans and corn), but not this.

M- "Lite". The carbonation is there but very faint. I think selzter water has a more carbonated feel.

O- Yes, yes, admit it. A majority of us used to drink this regularly at some point. Let us all take the time to thank the Alstrom bro's for creating this site to save us from beers like this.

1.08/5  rDev -52.4%

Bottle, tap, no matter, it's crap.

Aroma is horrid. Smells like faint rice, typical lite lager water.

Tastes like adjunct piss water. WTF does triple hops brewed mean?

Avoid this one, I implore you. It's slightly less worse than Coor's and Bud, though.

Go with PBR, Old Style or Hamm's instead, if this is the swill you're after.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.