Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,119 | Hads: 4,212

If you like to take a glass, stick it in the toilet after a fresh piss and drink it, then this beer if for you. Smell is non existent taste reminds me of a fresh swim in piss river. Color is light Amber. Would not recommend this beer to anyone.

Container Volume: 355ml

Container type: bottle

Fresh: y

Purchased @: anywhere

Cost: cheap

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: Tastes like any other pale American lager...all fake carbonation

Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

Watered down look and watered down skunk taste. OK, here we go...I wasn't going to do this, but I can't help it. This is what Miller's R&D team manager said at the last meeting before they produced Miller Lite. "Let's get some bad tasting water and really screw it up, put it in a can, market the mess out of it (because we know this works...see Coors Light), and we'll sell it and tell people they like it, then by the time they figure out this isn't really beer at all, we'll all be rich!" Enough said.

Well, i guess you could say this beer is bad. Your drinking this because you stole it or your from Ohio. I am not even going to describe the smell and taste because there isn't any. If you thought coors light was bad, this is that but watered down.

One time me and my friend decided to mix kool aid packets with the beer and it helped, it just tasted like carbonated kool aid

Light Yellow color with a small white head. Putrid, sickening aroma of algae, mop water, green plants and pale malts. Torturous, unrelenting flavor. I could barely choke down this stuff. I’ve now tried and rated Bud Light, Coors Light and this stuff, and this is by far the worst. I’d rather drink ocean water.

24 oz. can,

A: Pale yellow, with a dissipating, artificial looking white head, with horrible retention in a pint glass.

S: Basically nonexistant, a light hint of corn.

T: Terrible, tastes like old tepid bath water, mixed with soap and soaked in cornmeal for an hour. I've had bad light beers before, but this one takes the cake. I'd rather have it taste like nothing, like Coors Light or Natty Light, at least then it would be easier to drink. There's no taste of the choicest hops that they mention on the label.

M: High in carbonation, seltzery, spritzy, no substance to it.

D: A terrible beer, this will be my lowest review on this site. I know I'm ranting, but my body had a bad reaction to this overprocessed crap. Save your money and buy a real beer, or least a Bud Light, which for a light beer is not horrible. True pilsner? Yeah right, drink a fuckin' Czechvar or Urquell if you wan't a real pilsner, in conclusion, the worst beer I have ever had. This is the antithesis of beer, everythng we been striving for, going back to tradition for 9000 years, there's no need to drink this shit.

What a nothing of a beer. Briefest of heads immediately disappeared. Very weak straw yellow. Virtually no flavor at all of any kind. The label says "great pilsner taste" but it doesn't really taste of anything. Melted ice water would be more satisfying. And "triple hops brewed" but maybe by that they just mean 3 individual hop heads were added to an enormous vat of beer. Just an utter failure of a beer. And of course they trademarked the mispelling of "Lite" which is pretty funny when you consider how dumb that is and how bad the beer is.

Pale yellow appearance with a somewhat foamy head which fades quickly. Whiff of corn, otherwise not much aroma.
Taste - mostly water, absolutely no character at all. Skunky (It always is).
Mouthfeel is thin and watery, very bland
Not drinkable, unless you don't care about taste at all.

OK, go ahead and pour it in a glass. I poured pure terror. I am terrified by urine. Head gone instantly. Smells like a corn field, and a hangover. Taste is like corn mixed with water, alcohol, and carbon dioxide. Feels like water in your mouth, maybe a bubble will sneek up on you. Finish makes you want scope. Drinkability is less than zero. If I come to your house and you offer me this, don't let the screen door hit me in the ass on the way out.

1.03/5  rDev -54.6%

Poured from a can into a pint glass. Color was clear golden. Minimal head. Minimal lacing. Minimal film.

Smelled very metallic. Also some corn in there.

Tasted metallic, watery and skunky.

Light body. Average carbonation.

Just an awful, awful beer. Probably the worst one I’ve ever had. Bud Light and Natural Light are ever better than this.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

The most pale color I've ever seen, almost seems to have no color, white head for a moment, leaves no lacing. Smells slightly flowery with strong astringency, I just can't find anything good about it. Astringent taste, hops present, but what kind, these seem like they have been altered. I would expect Saaz hops, these just seem terrible. Lower carbonation, extremely light body. I couldn't finish one of these, glad I got the can from a friend, but seriously give me a Pabst anyday.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

Appearance: Very light, little to no head retention in glass.
Smell: The smell is of carbonated water and nothing else.
Taste: Taste is exactly how it smells like carbonated water.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

Gót $1/bottle at a happy hour in DC.
Some smell of hand and malt. But other than that, not really that much.
Extremely watery. Also taste as bland as water.

1.06/5  rDev -53.3%

Poured from a can that thankfully "Locks in that great pilsner taste". Pilsner is one of if not my least favorite style, and this is Miller lite soooo....

A- Pours about a fingers worth of fizzy white head that dissapates quickly, very quickly. The brew is a very clear, straw like color. Lots of carbonation.

S- Ick, everything about this smells metallic. I suppose theres pale malts used in this but its hard to tell. Dried corn, stale wheat, and more metal.

T- Everything about this says stale. Stale wheat, stale barley, and stale corn. The metallic presence rears its ugly head in the flavor too. Aftertaste is somewhat of lima beans, gross. I like succatash(lima beans and corn), but not this.

M- "Lite". The carbonation is there but very faint. I think selzter water has a more carbonated feel.

O- Yes, yes, admit it. A majority of us used to drink this regularly at some point. Let us all take the time to thank the Alstrom bro's for creating this site to save us from beers like this.

1.08/5  rDev -52.4%

Bottle, tap, no matter, it's crap.

Aroma is horrid. Smells like faint rice, typical lite lager water.

Tastes like adjunct piss water. WTF does triple hops brewed mean?

Avoid this one, I implore you. It's slightly less worse than Coor's and Bud, though.

Go with PBR, Old Style or Hamm's instead, if this is the swill you're after.

1.08/5  rDev -52.4%

Miller Lite is an american macrobrew from SAB Miller Company. It is the light version of Miller High Life.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formation and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

1.08/5  rDev -52.4%

Of the macro's this is my least favorite one by far. I'd take a coors of bud light any day over this. Maybe its just that I don't like pilsners, lol. The aroma to me is skunk all the way and taste is putrid skunk with a harsh after taste. For me it just doesn't get any worse than this.

1.09/5  rDev -52%

Ice cold, 12 oz bottle poured into an American Pint glass

Appearance: 1 Inch head with mild retention. Very small bubbles, completely transparent. Some lace left on the sides of the glass.

Smell: Barely any. Some alcohol and sweetness. Small amounts of malt.

Taste: Ugly. Worse than the Coors Lite I just reviewed. Completely flavorless with an awful bitter taste. Another swallow reveals...NOTHING. No flavor at all. are my tastebuds dead?

Mouthfeel: Carbonation attacks the mouth and dies immediately. Watery. Desolate.

Drinkability: If watery beer is your thing, have at this one. If you want to drink 15 to get buzzed and have to piss every 5 minutes, drink on. Not worth buying.

1.1/5  rDev -51.5%

A. It pours with an ever-so-slight yellow hue. Basically looks like water with a dab of food coloring. Clear. No head or lacing. Some bubbles.

S. A malty and slight sour scent.

T/M. It has a metallic malt taste, but mostly flavorless at first. As it washes down, though, it leaves a sour lemon taste underneath. Light bodied, as you would expect.

O. Just like any macro Lite beer, this is just terrible. No flavor except for a skunked-like aftertaste.

1.1/5  rDev -51.5%

Almost clear in color, pale yellow. Head is only there during the pour.

Serious adjunct husky corn, some sweet corn. Some more corn....Metallic at points and watered mouthfeel.

I'm not sure how it could get much worse than this, although I have had straight 1's before so somehow the fact that I can drink two of these in one sitting salvages the bottom of the barell type ranking.

Notes: For sure you have to drink this as fresh as possible. Even then just expect something to wash food down. Drink water.

1.1/5  rDev -51.5%

If you told me this was iron water and not beer, I would probably believe you.

A: The clearest yellow I have ever seen. Already, I can tell I'm in for a very watery beer from the mere color. Fizzy.

S: Slight smell of hops with airy grains. Ricey.

T: A light cereal hop and malt flavor which quickly dies, incredibly watery. No aftertaste what-so-ever so at least it goes down quick and I can forget my shame.

M: Fully carbonated but hardly no flavor retention or body. Very watery.

O: This comes pretty damn close to the very bottom of my list of hads. At least I didn't die drinking this, so I guess that's a plus. I don't have too much to say about this beer on the positive side except for the fact I would accept it someone bought me one. It's a drink, and one that you can drink, but don't call it a beer. Extra .5 to overall on the fact that I would accept it if offered.

1.11/5  rDev -51.1%

A friend of mine drinks this constantly, and wanted me to review it, he was not to happy what he read. It is a pale yellow color with a pillowy white head an inch and a half high, that disappates quickly away. A light floral aroma can be smelt, but nothing else is very present in the scent. The taste, what taste, there has to be more flavor in a bottle of water than this, wait there is some bitterness. No, its gone, no wait its back, now its gone, okay the flavor is schizaphranic. A very thin and watery mouthfeel, with alot of carbonation, I mean alot. Man, my friend drinks alot of this stuff, is almost afraid to try a beer I want him to try. This must be security blanket or something for him, because I can't get one bottle down and somtimes I wonder how he does.

1.12/5  rDev -50.7%

Draft: Poured a pale yellow color lager with a small foamy head with minimal retention and no lacing. Aroma of corn and other adjunct is dominating. Taste is a mix between some light corn with a sweet finish. Body is very light with OK carbonation. Just like most other North American macro beer out there.

1.16/5  rDev -48.9%

I was helping my sister move, and she had 5 bottles of this left in her fridge, so I ganked them. There is no way I would ever buy this. Regardless of category or style - this beer is bad.

Poured a 12oz. bottle into a pilsener glass.

Appearance - It produced a one finger white head which linger for about 20 seconds before dissipating to a thin halo around the glass. It is a pale straw yellow color - as though someone soaked hay in water overnight. It is completely transparent.

Smell - Like grainy corn. I can't smell any hops. Very adjuncty.

Taste - Ugh. Very cereal-like. Like mildly alcholic water that had Cornflakes soaked in it. Grainy corn and adjuncts. It has a metallic flavor as well - funny considering that came from a bottle.

Mouthfeel - Carbonation level? No, seriously, I am wondering - where is it? This is like drinking dirty water. Obviously on the lighter side of light bodied.

Drinkability - As far as the ability to drink lots of this in a short time it would get a 5. Sure, you could do it, but why? This is made for chugging at parties. On the desirability aspect of drinkability - it would get a 0 if I had the option.

If you have ever consumed this beer and you frequent this website, you know it's bad. If you have to drink a lite beer, reach for a Sam Adams lite. It is the only light beer that doesn't make me want to vomit.

1.16/5  rDev -48.9%

A. Served on tap at a local sports game. Appeared straw yellow with some head.

S. Smells like corn, thats about it.

T. Once again a slight corny twang with subtle notes of vomit. Pretty awful.

M. Watery all the way through.

D. Some people pound these, but personally, one was more than enough for me.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.