Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.56/5  rDev -27.8%

Miller Lite. Yep. Funds are low, belly is big, and home town selection is short on beers I haven't reviewed. I'm sure I've had one of these at some point in my life, but can't remember. How bad can it be?

Crystal clear urine yellow under a flimsy white cap. Why must all macros look identical?

Smells bad. One of the nastier smelling versions.

Tastes bad. I have to but Miller below Bud. All products.

Wife takes a sip and says "this is the butt of the butt." 'Nuff said.

Overall: I apologize to me

1.57/5  rDev -27.3%

I'm glad this beer is getting the popularity it deserves on BA. Think about why it's being drunk. Advertising, advertising, accessibility. The only reason people drink light American lagers is because it's all they know. "Awwww..brahhh..miller light over bud light anny day." Sound familiar? It's not you right?

Pours crystal clear, and tastes crystal light. By no means is it easy to control a living organism like yeast to do exactly what you want, every single time. For this they get points on appearance.

I'm trying to be objective and rate beer based off of the style, not personal bias. But alas! I can't.

1.57/5  rDev -27.3%

I can't express how bad and how much I do not like this beer.

Many would compare it to water.

But that is inaccurate, water is delicious.

This stuff makes me gag, a horrible flavor that

Says "f*** it, I have alcohol"

Sorry, but people who actually like this stuff are not people

I world refer to as real beer drinkers.

it was good in high school, but then again, anything that got me

trashed was good in high school.

1.57/5  rDev -27.3%

My son calls this one a “pork chop in a bottle”. I have to agree, even the wife-zilla has to add a lime to it to make it drinkable. Skunky, old flavor that tastes like some one left an used leather shoe in the conditioning tank. If there is absolutely nothing else available, I’d tough a few of these down – thanks be that’s not the standard.

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

The best way to tackle a Miller Lite is to put it in the freezer until it's just about to freeze (don't actually let it freeze, though - nobody likes ice crystals in their beer). When it's a few degrees above freezing point, take it out of the freezer and try to drink it as fast as you can. Don't worry about brain freeze - the stinging in your head will only aid in distraction from the pain being unleashed upon your palate.

In all seriousness, it's hard to accurately rate something that's really this awful. It's a realm that's so far away from what we know as "beer" - and NOT in a good way (like as in Sam Adam's Utopias). Miller Lite is to beer what the Chicago Cubs are to baseball. Sure, there are people who pretend to like it, but most people don't actually enjoy it. And smarter people have move on to bigger and better things.

Miller Lite looks like a somewhat hydrated man's piss with even less foam. Smells like grains, metal, corn, and musk. Tastes like grains, metal, corn, musk. Unless you drink it ice cold - then it doesn't really taste like much at all (and that's the best thing you can hope for). Don't let this baby get too warm, or it'll be a long night. Mouth feel is like seltzer water and the drinkability is on par with lemonade.

I hate bashing for the sake of bashing, but there is really no reason to ever buy this beer.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

12 oz. bottle in a mug...thin, spongy lace evenly dissolves on a goldish-yellow, champagne bubbly body--plenty of action!...used to feeling this in the bottle or seeing it over a Silo cup...metallic malt odor--pure nostalgic rush a plus, weak character a minus...thin, spritzy attack on the sides of the tongue, the unmistakeable corn backlash at the throat....mass production rears itself here--breathing out as flavorful as swallowing in...the taste of plasticine carbonation and obtrusive malt...score a point for the taste of beer pong, regatta, three man, asshole, beer funnel, etc., that this beer has come to guiltily associate itself with... a backyard brew for away games ONLY....on reflection, too much to say about a beer that I’m overly familiar with and couldn’t be much less interested in... but this is my wife’s favorite, so I must score with a loving heart...

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

"Oh no... no beer in the fridge. Oh wait there's a Miller Lite in the bottom." This was my thoughts at a friends house when I was really wanting a beer. With nothing else to drink I figured I'd give it a try.

It initially appears much like the other American Lights, light with little head. Surprisingly, from my memory of the other light beers this one does not taste as bad, but it definately was far from good. I would steer away from this brew unless you are dying of thirst.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

12oz. bottle that I got at a local bar. Someone else bought it for me, so I lost nothing.

The beer was the usual Light Macro color of straw yellow color with a small fizzy white head. What seperated this one was the fizzy head of foam dissipated into small traces of lace around the glass. There wasn't much of an aroma (I'm not surprised), except for the faint smell of watery malt and that's it. It had a complex taste of corn, rice, other grains, and water. The kind of taste that I expected to be in this and the kind of taste you really don't want in a beer. The mouthfeel was flavorless, light, and of course watery! I did expect the light, but it could at least have some kind of flavor. It was ok for a light cheap beer and might make a nice summer light drink. They are right when they say it's less filling.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

Miller light is the heaviest of the light beers.

Light (very light) copper color with no head to talk about.

Taste of grain and alcohol. Not much of either.

Heavier body than most light beers but that isn't saying too much.

Would drink it if i am doing hard manual labor or just want to chug 13 beer in an afternoon.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

Pours a pale light yellow color with several inches of head that dwindles down to a lace. Smell is overbearing with adjuncts and corn galore. I know this is a light beer, but come on it tastes like corn water. It goes down easy, because it is lightly carbonated and has absolutely no hops whatsoever. This is sorry excuse for a beer. I'm not giving this a hard time, because it's macro brew either. I will drink some of their stuff, but if your looking for a cheap and/or light beer, this should be your last choice.

1.59/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Regular sized bottle, poured into a plastic cup at a game.

It actually does not look all that bad, golden, nice white head, but little retention, and no lacing.

Very thin, as expected, slightly bitter, and if you look real hard, maybe some biscuity taste, but really thin with no depth. The interesting thing is that it tastes very close to the non-light version.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

There is not much quality to Miller Lite, but it is a mass quantity beer for the general population. It is has a real light taste, goes down smooth, and leaves a dry aftertaste. It has light head and is quite foamy depending on the carbonation levels and how it is served (glass, bottle, or tap). It has a low to average alcohol (abv) content of 4.17-4.20%.

One positive note is that when drinking Miller Lite, I have never got bloated, and it makes it good for things like barbecues and parties where food is being served. Another positive note about Miller Lite is the pour technology, which reduces head and foam.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

served in a pint glass as my local dive...

A - A beautiful shade of piss yellow, with millions of fizzy little bubbles... seriously, these beers look like carbonated pee...

S - Despite the fact that this was served on tap, it still captures the metallic, corn type smell... man, this is gonna be rough..

T - wound up finishing the pint in about five gulps with the hope that I could move on to my next brew.. Very metallic...

M - I get more of a body from a Dr. Pepper

I know I've been dogging this product, but in all reality, it's not the worst of the BMC products...

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

Not a fan. I'm not seein the whole "less filling, more taste" shenanigans.

Served: in a can, poured into a plastic cup.

A: Clear, golden, and carbonated.

S: I could smell the hops from the "triple-hops" brewing method used.

T: For a light beer, to taste some extra hops is different, but it didn't necessarily add to the quality of the beer. It's just like any other.

M: Hops, hops, and light carbonation, oh and hops.

D: Not as drinkable as it's mainstream peers. I'd much prefer Coors for a refreshing light beer if I'm buying cheap.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Well. This is a vapid, barely concealed mockery of beerdom. It's nothing. I couldn't take the ratings even down to 1 because it lacks enough personality to be awful. Barely any aroma, only the slightest hint of color and the taste is so watered down so as to make the carbonation dominate any possible flavor.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This is just like Bud light, but tastes like popcorn. Me and my bros call it popcorn beer. Basically, it's a staple at any frat party here in the crotch of Va. Anyways, apperance is like water with yellow food coloring. There is no real distinguishing taste from this beer. The smell is pretty bad too. Kinda smells like sour milk, but not as bad. There is a mouthfeel though... of water! Drinkability is not grand either. But I did learn something about the "brew". It goes well with any cheap whiskey.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

Awful. This is a beer for poor college students, nothing more. I don't understand how people drink this. But, you probably didn't need an official review to tell you this. I'd rather drink tap water with a lime than drink this stuff. There are better beers for the same cost.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Ahhh: One of America's most popular beers. Donated by a "friend", otherwise I wouldn't have had it. The beer is an extremely pale yellow color. Minimal aroma. Minimal taste. At least it is a watered down version of Miller's signature taste. Another example of what a big advertising budget can reap in sales that taste cannot.

1.61/5  rDev -25.5%

The appearance is the best feature of this brew... Arrives a pale yellow with a very thin fizzy head... Clear as a bell with quite a bit of active carbonation...

Very strange metallic aromas coming off of this one mix with a light toasted graininess... Rather unappealing... Maybe a little floral hops but not much a all...

Grainy toastiness up front which quickly fades into a metallic aftertaste with lots of fizziness and corn flavors... Very thin and watery mouthfeel, almost feels lighter than water if that were possible..

A favorite of many Joe Six Packs but I don't like this one at all.. I like beer with some flavor..

1.62/5  rDev -25%

I CANnot believe either their current marketing campaign OR the gullibility of the drinking populace. "Locks In Great Pilsner Taste", "Taste Protector Lid", "Great Pilsner Taste ... Triple Hops Brewed" are all followed on their imprint by "TM" in the teeny-tiniest, sub-agate font allowed by law! Why, you might ask is that important? Because, by law, you CAN and MAY trademark any meaningless slogan that passes across your synapses. That would be like me advertising "Woody Chandler - interchangeable with Hercules, Adonis, and/or Superman!" (TM). Rubbish!

On to the beer: I hoped, for a fleeting millisecond, that I might have actually poured a beer today with some head. Whoops, was I wrong! It started out with a nice, bone-white head, but the fizzy carbonic nature of the beer just erupted right through any head that may have had a chance. Even H. C. Andersen's mermaid had a better chance of becoming foam. I really had to sniff to get the cereal-grain (think Cheerios) smell that so many others have alluded to. It was a weakling at a sand-kicking contest (thx, Charles Atlas). Color was a straw-yellow with a brightness approaching water or glass. Mouthfeel was light and airy, allowing me to drift away on its billowy, puffy feel and forget, blissfully, that I was supposed to be drinking BEER! The taste, thankfully protected by the lid and with a "great pilsner taste" (TM), reminded me that it was "triple hops brewed" (TM). Rubbish! I've had tap water with a better taste and mouthfeel. Utter garbage foisted upon an unsuspecting public by lawyers in cahoots with brewers who should know better. The finish left me wishing for beer.

When the bottom line ($) is the bottom line, spend your money elsewhere.

Leftovers...gotta love em.
Drank straight from the bottle cause...well, we all know what it looks like.

Nose is muted because it is very cold, but mildly offensive corn and light malt notes. Smells worse the warmer it gets.

I think it has slightly more beer flavor than a bud light, but is that really a good thing? Carbonation and corn are about the only things I can taste in here. It only makes me grimace when it gets above 40 degrees.

There are plenty worse bargain macros out there, I waffle between this or bud light as the #2 and #3 macro lights, both are pretty bad. I recommend coors light if you have to drink one of the three.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Pourded into a wheat glass, color is a light yellow gold with alot of carbination and little head that recedes in a few seconds, no lacing. Taste is of watered corn with a slight hind of oats, not very impressive taste more like water than anything. I'm not impressed by this lite lager no taste I guess it would be good for a cheap alternative, but I would pass.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Pours a faint yellow color with no head. A slight sweetness in the nose, and the same in taste. It is a clean beer, with no aftertaste. I do not say I like this beer, but there is not much to say. Smooth and does not have a major taste profile. I guess that is why the masses drink this, but it is non offensive.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.