Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

Appearance: Pale straw-yellow, crystal-clear body with a fizzy bright-white head that recedes quickly and leaves no lacing.

Aroma: Crisp and cidery with a plain, grainy sweetness. There's definitely something funky going on here.

Taste: Very thin flavor profile. Thin, grainy malt with hardly any bitterness from the hops, just some crispness and a bit of fruitiness. Unfortunately, there's a nasty chemical taste lurking around the edges, waiting to grab you. Thin, grainy aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Watery and fizzy, the standard for this style.

Drinkability: On occasion I've been forced to test the drinkability of this beer, and it keeps going down easy for quite a while. But unless you're looking to get drunk, there's no point.

Verdict: Maybe I'm just not "hip to the hops," but this sucks. It's the normal thin and bland profile you'd expect from this style, but with a nasty chemical taste takes it to a new level of shitiness. Firmly behind both Bud Light and Coors Light.

BeanBone, Mar 04, 2009
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

This beer is O.K. at best. It is a good beer for drinking one after another or free beer at social outings that beer may not be consumed fully or spilled/wasted. another great use for this almost worthless beer is to use it in such drinking games like beer pong.

BLACKOUT0213, Mar 05, 2009
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

I felt sort of ironic pouring this beer in a glass, but I did it anyway. Good for me.

Pours a shining luminescent and painfully clear and bubbly yellow with an excessive, soapy and plasticy head.

Smells like water.

I think about 5% of the taste registers in my mind as being malt. The other 95% is more than vaguely reminiscent of paper.

I usually don't excessively macro bash, but I usually buy Miller High Life for my binge drinking purposes and decided to take the "step up" to Miller Lite. It was really like 20 steps down. However, if you can remove from your brain the expectation that what you are putting into you is going to be beer, it may be possible to down many of these due to its super light character and no-nonsense.. well.. no-anything flavor content.

wiseguy142, Jun 06, 2008
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

The worst American macro light lager I have ever had. Got a can of this for free. A friend was over my house a few days ago and left a can in the fridge so I figured I'd review it. I had Coors light recently and it was better than this crap of a can of Miller Lite. That's not saying too much though. Pours a clear yellow color with a decent sized head that all but totally dissappears very quickly, leaving very little lacing. Smell... what smell? I certainly didn't smell anything at all, except a sort of skunky aroma with perhaps a very, very faint trace of something that might resemble some very mild hops, corn, or malt. Extremely mild and bland tastes of hops, corn and malt in a very thin and watery sort of manner. Mouthfeel is also extremely thin and water like with mild to moderate carbonation. I suppose the one decent thing that this beer has going for it is that it is indeed very easy to drink, but not in a good way per se when it comes to beer. With this beer you might as well be drinking water and it wouldn't taste any different, but water may be a little better and more refreshing, than this beer. I'm not even sure if I think this is worth drinking for free, even when no other beer is available. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Eric

neenerzig, Jun 10, 2006
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

The only beer at a party so I had to drink it if I wanted beer. Out of the can, clear almost like water. Taste was hard to distinguish from water. The tiniest bit of malt, perhaps, no hops. It's hard to rate something that is nonexistent. I would drink this as a thirst quencher, ice cold if I were dying of thirst and nothing else was available. THere's an old joke that goes like this; what do sex in a canoe and light beer have in common? They're both f---ing close to water. This beer fits the description.

kwakwhore, Apr 07, 2006
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

This was a lot better than served on tap. It was a little warmer, I think. Still has a very weak flavor, that is dominated by a grain taste. Still very boring. Drinking it out of the bottle makes you miss the lack of a decent head. Gimme a full flavor beer instead of this stuff anytime.

TastyTaste, Dec 25, 2003
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Light beer, what's the point? It seems to be the in thing now adays. The quest for the fewest calories and even less taste. Miller Lite has held its own for quite a while now but if you are using it in a cup you are throwing ping pong balls into then you might as well save the good beer for drinking. I am not being a snob, there is nothing wrong with Miller High Life, especially for making beer brats but if you are going to drink a beer you may as well drink a full calorie brew and hold that nine month pregnant beer belly high!

Appearance: pours a very pale, pathetic yellow color. Yes, I poured it into a glass because I want to do it right!

Smell: thoughts of the cereal Kix comes to mind soaked in celery juice.

Taste: faint malts and more cereal grains, over cooked corn and maybe one hop leaf drowning in a pool of seltzer water.

Sure, it's easy drinking if you want to drink 37 beers before you feel anything. Maybe this is like those electric cigarettes smokers use to ween themselves. This beer lets alcoholics go through the motion without totally falling off the wagon.

Portertime, Dec 12, 2011
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

I didn't really enjoy this beer at all. It was watery like most other lite beers i have had. Definitely nothing much to this beer. If i am going to have a light beer from any of the macros i would pass this up and go to a bud light, however I would pass that up and go for a Sam Adams light.

Ellbert, Sep 13, 2003
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

It was a clear to light yellow beer with lots of fizz, and a small head with slight lacing.

Smells like nothing noticable.

This taste i dont know if it is associated or is the actual taste but it is a fizzy watered down alcohol taste almost like a perrier and vodka mixture at a 9 to 1 ratio. it tastes carbonated that is about it.

Mouthfeel: i could not overcome the fizz

overall: should only be used when already drunk to ge tmore drunk.

Microbrewtaster, Nov 24, 2011
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

The beer looks like beer. The body is a darker yellow than a few lite beers I have had. The head is white and rocky; however, the head quickly falls apart. The aroma is of cooked grain and little else. The flavors are briefly sweet grain. This gives way to a metallic flash of flavor. The body of the beer is thin. The carbonation is active but fails to improve the beer. Drinkability uh no. Yet another beer for people who dont like beer.

nlmartin, May 21, 2009

Yuck.

Looked bad, smelled bad, tasted bad, felt bad, drank bad. Not much else to say...Their triple hops brewing claim may make people think it's of quality, but it really sucks. Smells terrible. I'm assuming the hops they get are from a generic source, maybe impersonation hops product? Is there such a thing? I just don't understand how the can think that this stuff tastes good. People (if you can call them that), seem to think this stuff is awesome. They love it, which I don't get at all, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Either way, I find it hard to say anything positive about this beer when I have never had either a good time with it or a good memory of it.

GoalieRon33, Nov 04, 2009

12 oz can poured into an Ithaca Beer Co pint glass

A - pours crystal clear very pale yellow with a wisp of head.

S - skunkiness? It just smells like a bad beer would smell - how do I describe that?

T - bleh. I swear I taste the corn adjunct. There is almost no taste at all, except for a weird aftertaste. There are no hops whatsoever, much less "triple hops". It loses points for false advertising.

M - You know when you are sick and you are able to stifle a vomit by holding it in your mouth? That is what this beer feels like in your mouth. I may as well just vomit now, before I swallow it.

D - as soon as I take a sip of this beer, I feel my head start throbbing, knowing that I'll have a hangover tomorrow. Eat crap, Miller Lite.

In honor of the Angry Video Game Nerd - Rather than drinking this beer, I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarreah dump in my ear. I rather eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk and down it with (another) beer.

FickleBeast, Aug 23, 2009
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

I guess I'm writing this review because this beer is, despite its awful taste, is connected to so many memories from high school to college to even a few months of post-college football watching. I'm at a point now where I avoid these types of beers at all cost, because regardless of their "low-cal" designation, I would rather enjoy my beer and have to be on the treadmill for 5 extra minutes than to suffer through another one of these watered-down brews. The BA "avoid" designation pretty much says it all. Leave this one to the college kids who don't know (or can't afford) any better.

supernaut, Feb 12, 2006
1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

[Appearance]: Very pale straw color, clear, lots of carbonation, soapy head that disappear really quick. Looks like a typical Adjunct Lager.
[Smell]: Roasted corn aroma, hint of skunky.
[Taste]: Corn, maybe some little grainy from the malts, I could detect some slight of bitterness from the hops. Has a weird aftertaste that lingers in my mouth.
[Mouthfeel]: Light bodied, carbonation is pretty strong.
[Drinkability]: I couldn't drink the rest.

I'm surprise they call this a "True Pilsner", more like "True Adjunct Piss".

mjurney, Aug 23, 2009
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured from a bottle to a glass.

A-Light golden look. Very little head.

S-No real distinct smell other than some grains and hops.

T- Very light and Watery. Some grains and hops.

M-High Carbonation and very light.

O-Overall this is your average macro light lager. Not a beer to enjoy for taste. It is better than some of the cheaper bmcs but nothing special.

Jra1985, Dec 28, 2011

LaurensDeJong, Feb 07, 2013

ChadA83, Aug 11, 2012

LeeW, Mar 04, 2014

dowen17, Aug 05, 2013
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.