Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,082 | Reviews: 1,213
2.75/5  rDev +26.7%

straw yellow with almost zero head retention. the smell is grainy and starchy, no bad aromas, but none of the good ones either. maybe slightly floral on further inspection. the taste is of the starchy corny variety. the mouthfeel is pretty thin and seltzer like, nothing to hold onto. finishes dry. average drinkability. I've been known to choose this when nothing else decent is available. my vote for best macro light beer.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%

I like this stuff. It's for those of us who drink in larger quantities, and don't want it to show on our stomachs. It's just as the others have put it, not much on color, taste or head, but the high carbonation is where it's at for me. Either way you cut it, there are worse beers out there, and there are certainly better ones too.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%

Had this with pizza as Bud Lite was also served and I thought id see if there was any difference. It poured a clear straw-like yellow-gold with a fair one-inch white head. Carbonation is up so some fizz aids in taking the head to a very thin film, if at all. Lace is in small spots, to nothing. The aroma is grain, can-like, not sweet. The taste is also grain, semi sweet corn with a citric hop note that pretty faint. The mouthfeel is left with a dry metal feel, again perhaps the can. Drinkability was just ok. Nothing i'll turn down if offered and its priced reasonable. Not one i'd keep in my home stock. As for the Bud Lite, I thought Miller did a better job. The appearance is not as watery, the head show's up, and you get some citric taste backed by the corn, where-as AB tends to skunk it up abit. A true Pilsner beer, ha, ok perhaps.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%

Not awful, not great but decent. I usually get the aluminum pints for NASCAR races, their convenience is awesome, +0.25 for that.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Best macro light beer. What I drink after a couple crafts.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%

Appearance: light straw-colored, little head and no lacing.
Smell: Not much aroma here- corny and grainy.
Taste: Light hoppy intro on top of an adjunct-dominant base.A bit metallic. Aftertaste is clean.
Mouthfeel: About right for the style, perhaps a bit more than the average.
Drinkability: Made for frequent imbibement

Overall- non-offensive, average light beer. Bland and predictable for the most part.

2.76/5  rDev +27.2%

Ok. So I am reviewing this beer based on the style and not on personal preference.

A: Clear yellow color with a white foam head. Just like every other macro-produced light beer.

S: Smells like corn and other adjuncts. Again, just like every other light beer.

T: Tastes like water with a little beer mixed in. Just like all the other light beers but maybe with a little more beer.

M&D: This style of beer is for those who really don't want to taste their beer too much. They want refreshment and drinkability after work or after mowing the lawn. This beer delivers. How can I knock it or give it too low of a review for delivering what most of America and the rest of the world wants. Will I personal drink it? Not much. But I know many who do and enjoy it with all their might. Cheers to them.

look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

On tap; served in a frosted mug, which may be why there’s no lacing.

Clear, pale golden; excellent clarity; good head

Light, somewhat watery body but with counteracting medium-high carbonation.

Aroma and flavor are very light, about as expected although even less hoppy.

O: clean and refreshing, but flawed by minimal substance.

2.77/5  rDev +27.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Update: 4/30/15 during WSP at JazzFest. All the vendors had and each one went down surprisingly easy in the hot New Orleans sun!

2.77/5  rDev +27.6%

It's been a long time since I reviewed a macro. A friend left a few of these behind the other night...

Pours a crystal clear light yellow color with a faint head. Looks like yellow mineral water.

Aromas are faint, some slightly sweet malts, and a bit of corn. Not bad smelling...

Taste is very crisp and clean. Not much here, nothing offensive, but nothing really interesting either. Maybe a hint of sweet malts, adjuncts, and not much else.

Mouthfeel is thin and kind of weak. But not awful.

Drinkability is ok. This is super boring, and very bland. But not terrible, and it's thirst quenching on a warm day. That however, is about it's only real redeeming quality. When it comes to macros, this is one that I can actually stand a few of...

2.77/5  rDev +27.6%

For what it is, it's not bad. it's been my favorite of the light beers I've tried thus far. Decent session beer.

2.77/5  rDev +27.6%

Appearance: Clear, medium-light straw with a large, white, foamy head that quickly diminished. Only a little lacing early.

Smell: Very mild lemon and grass… not much else.

Taste: Hay, white bread and corn. A little sweet with a short but pleasantly bitter finish.

Mouthfeel: Thin body, watery texture, lively carbonation

Drinkability: Nothing great but not horrible either. Probably above average for a macro light beer… not that that really means anything.

Serving- 12 oz vortex bottle

Appearance: Very light and pale yellow in color with a small amount of carbonation.

Smell: Very clean cut, some floral tones with a hint of wheat.

Taste and Feel: Light grain flavor, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The carbonation mixes with a slight steely flavor, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavor in the back of the mouth and tongue.

2.78/5  rDev +28.1%

Pour to a light yellow with a minimal white head. Has good carbination!

Smell a slight hoppiness to it.

Can taste a the grain flavor with a hint of hops.

Feels watery in the mouth lots of carbination.

As the slogan kinda says, " Good tasting, less filling!"

Exactly the same as on tap!

2.78/5  rDev +28.1%

Not the worst piss beer.

2.78/5  rDev +28.1%

IF I am doing a day of drinking, this is my go to. In comparison to malty, hoppy, beers, this does not measure up. For what it is, it is a good beer.

glass: Mug

a: Very clear yellow. Lots of bubbles rushing to the top. Soda pop-like head that lasted 20 seconds.

s: Tart apple, grainy but not as much as some other adjunct lagers. Little harsh, almost metallic.

t: Clean grain taste. Maybe a faint white grape towards the middle. Possible hint of hops. Finishes malty and clean.

m: Watery with high carbonation

d: Not too bad, not digging the smell though.

2.78/5  rDev +28.1%

Well..."it is what it is"...and it's not that good. It's a light beer...and hardly a "beer"...but it's light and highly drinkable. Then again...so is water! It's smooth, yet grainy, a tad sour even, and watery. I believe this...If you're worried about calories/carbs...either don't drink beer, or drink LESS of your favorite "REAL BEER!" This is just an expensive alternative to beer. One of the better light beers, I guess...if there is such a thing. Too expensive, too, for what it is. You're getting less of EVERYTHING..(including alcohol content!) than most regular brews...so why do it?? I think it's more of a "social/popular" young person's brew than anything. Sure, I'm guilty of indulging occasionally....but VERY occasionally! Served ice cold, it IS refreshing to some degree, and smooth to down. Don't waste your money, though. Miller doesn't need it, and you could do far better for the price! SAAALUTE my BA friends!

2.78/5  rDev +28.1%

I've been consuming this on tap for awhile, since becoming 21.

Appearance: Well, you know? It's normal. Very clear, golden. Hay colored to say the least.

Smell: Not much going on. You really have to focus to get a whiff of anything. I mostly get corn from it and a slight malt flavor. I'm not really smelling any hops with this one.

Taste: Very light...woops sorry, I mean lite. I mean what do you expect? Predominately corny, very little malt and the slightest hit of used up hops graze the tongue at the end of the drink. It's a lite beer and that's what you have to expect.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated to high heaven. Almost burns my tongue. You know what though? I like it. It fits the beer very well. Beer goes down pretty easy and I end up doing about 7 or 8 of these before I call it a night...at the bar.

Overall. If I am at a bar that only has Budweiser, Coors, and this on tap, I will almost always go for this. Unless the Budweiser is actually Budweiser and not Bud Light. Actually wait...idk. Is there a difference? Miller Lite is ok but not worth the price to buy it by the pack. Better off with something cheaper like Strohs, Old Milwaukee, Schlitz, Milwaukee's Best, Blatz, or Pabst.

2.79/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pint on tap at Howie's in Portland, Maine.

Appearance: Clear yellow with a slight white head that is gone quickly. Very carbonated.

Aroma: Not much. Some cooked corn, some very faint hops and grass.

Taste: Not much in the way of flavor, but not offensive. Some grassy hints along with mostly water.

Mouthfeel: Quite watery.

Overall: It's better than Bud Light. So is most stuff.

2.79/5  rDev +28.6%

Miller light, the best of the over produced American Light Lagers!

Pours like the rest of its kind, see through with little or no hops smell

the taste is better than most of this style

the mouthfeel is smooth, and crisp, light like you want from this style of um beer??? I mean I guess its beer

It is very drinkable

2.8/5  rDev +29%

Miller Lite: let's do this.

A - The very definition of average. Absolutely nothing wrong with the pale golden look. Rarely any head to speak of, but that's not really a bad thing with this kind of beer. Mostly unremarkable.

S - I'm rating this sub-average not because of any bad scent; rather, there just isn't much to it. No pleasant notes, a little bright maybe.

T - OK, where do I begin? How do you rate a BMC brew as "average?" Compared to Bud (Light or Heavy), or other standard mass-market pilsners, I rather enjoy Miller Lite. One vote for above average. Alternatively, there isn't much flavor at all. I mean, at all. Very mildly hopped, no malts. No sweetness. Extremely drinkable, though; I can enjoy a ML on tap if there's nothing but big-market domestics available (by contrast, I will NOT EVER drink a Bud). Even though it's not a particularly good beer, it's better than the AAL competition; it should be obvious that this is quite simply not on par with a Bavarian pilsner or craft brew.

M - This could be worse (stirring endorsement, I know). There isn't much to speak of with respect to coating the mouth. However, it goes down fairly smoothly if you're drinking by volume (which is what this beer is made for, let's be honest).

O - I echo my "taste" writeup. This is not a great beer. This is not a particularly good beer. However, this is a drinkable beer, and I find it far superior to its primary competition (Bud). It's not my go-to, but I can drink it on tap.

2.8/5  rDev +29%

Obviously a popular brand. I have always felt any kind of light beer taste pretty similar. Had it out of a draft came out looking pretty bright. I would put it slightly ahead of the majority light beers. Goes down easy obviously pretty smooth but not really my kind of beer. Would drink it occasionally at a party or small gathering because it isn't too expensive.

2.8/5  rDev +29%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I had to review this beer because before I ever knew what real beer was this is what I drank maybe once every two months.... I have to say never really liked the big boxed brands in general but Miller light was the best of the bunch... drinkable, clean and not much if any aftertaste. I would not recommend. Try good beer. Bit if you drink a 24 pack a day than drink something that resembles plain water and not skunk.

2.8/5  rDev +29%

This is one of the few times that I have tried this beer. The first few times the taste seemed to repulse me but today it had some what of a more welcoming taste.

A- Color was present but not great. Something to expect from a light beer.

S- Smelled like a cheap beer. Nothing really jumps out.

T- Not over powering, maybe a little on the watery end. Isn't harsh on the palette. Again nothing jumps out. Good to drink while doing some form of activity, in my case fishing.

M- Light carbonation, not very thick.

D- Easy to drink. No harsh after taste and light carbonation make this an easy beer to enjoy when looking for something to drink and not to satisfy a craving.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.