Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

served in a pint glass as my local dive...

A - A beautiful shade of piss yellow, with millions of fizzy little bubbles... seriously, these beers look like carbonated pee...

S - Despite the fact that this was served on tap, it still captures the metallic, corn type smell... man, this is gonna be rough..

T - wound up finishing the pint in about five gulps with the hope that I could move on to my next brew.. Very metallic...

M - I get more of a body from a Dr. Pepper

I know I've been dogging this product, but in all reality, it's not the worst of the BMC products...

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

I'm glad this beer is getting the popularity it deserves on BA. Think about why it's being drunk. Advertising, advertising, accessibility. The only reason people drink light American lagers is because it's all they know. "Awwww..brahhh..miller light over bud light anny day." Sound familiar? It's not you right?

Pours crystal clear, and tastes crystal light. By no means is it easy to control a living organism like yeast to do exactly what you want, every single time. For this they get points on appearance.

I'm trying to be objective and rate beer based off of the style, not personal bias. But alas! I can't.

16 oz. can bought while in San Antonio

Pours a very pale yellow with a small white head.

Flavor is pretty macro. Some malt flavor, but not much. The beer would be much better if they had included a bit of a hop bite. Funky aftertaste.

Drinkable only if very cold or at the end of the night if you are wanting to stay drunk.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

I CANnot believe either their current marketing campaign OR the gullibility of the drinking populace. "Locks In Great Pilsner Taste", "Taste Protector Lid", "Great Pilsner Taste ... Triple Hops Brewed" are all followed on their imprint by "TM" in the teeny-tiniest, sub-agate font allowed by law! Why, you might ask is that important? Because, by law, you CAN and MAY trademark any meaningless slogan that passes across your synapses. That would be like me advertising "Woody Chandler - interchangeable with Hercules, Adonis, and/or Superman!" (TM). Rubbish!

On to the beer: I hoped, for a fleeting millisecond, that I might have actually poured a beer today with some head. Whoops, was I wrong! It started out with a nice, bone-white head, but the fizzy carbonic nature of the beer just erupted right through any head that may have had a chance. Even H. C. Andersen's mermaid had a better chance of becoming foam. I really had to sniff to get the cereal-grain (think Cheerios) smell that so many others have alluded to. It was a weakling at a sand-kicking contest (thx, Charles Atlas). Color was a straw-yellow with a brightness approaching water or glass. Mouthfeel was light and airy, allowing me to drift away on its billowy, puffy feel and forget, blissfully, that I was supposed to be drinking BEER! The taste, thankfully protected by the lid and with a "great pilsner taste" (TM), reminded me that it was "triple hops brewed" (TM). Rubbish! I've had tap water with a better taste and mouthfeel. Utter garbage foisted upon an unsuspecting public by lawyers in cahoots with brewers who should know better. The finish left me wishing for beer.

When the bottom line ($) is the bottom line, spend your money elsewhere.

look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Regular sized bottle, poured into a plastic cup at a game.

It actually does not look all that bad, golden, nice white head, but little retention, and no lacing.

Very thin, as expected, slightly bitter, and if you look real hard, maybe some biscuity taste, but really thin with no depth. The interesting thing is that it tastes very close to the non-light version.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

12oz. bottle that I got at a local bar. Someone else bought it for me, so I lost nothing.

The beer was the usual Light Macro color of straw yellow color with a small fizzy white head. What seperated this one was the fizzy head of foam dissipated into small traces of lace around the glass. There wasn't much of an aroma (I'm not surprised), except for the faint smell of watery malt and that's it. It had a complex taste of corn, rice, other grains, and water. The kind of taste that I expected to be in this and the kind of taste you really don't want in a beer. The mouthfeel was flavorless, light, and of course watery! I did expect the light, but it could at least have some kind of flavor. It was ok for a light cheap beer and might make a nice summer light drink. They are right when they say it's less filling.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

Miller light is the heaviest of the light beers.

Light (very light) copper color with no head to talk about.

Taste of grain and alcohol. Not much of either.

Heavier body than most light beers but that isn't saying too much.

Would drink it if i am doing hard manual labor or just want to chug 13 beer in an afternoon.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

Pours a pale light yellow color with several inches of head that dwindles down to a lace. Smell is overbearing with adjuncts and corn galore. I know this is a light beer, but come on it tastes like corn water. It goes down easy, because it is lightly carbonated and has absolutely no hops whatsoever. This is sorry excuse for a beer. I'm not giving this a hard time, because it's macro brew either. I will drink some of their stuff, but if your looking for a cheap and/or light beer, this should be your last choice.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

Miller Lite. Yep. Funds are low, belly is big, and home town selection is short on beers I haven't reviewed. I'm sure I've had one of these at some point in my life, but can't remember. How bad can it be?

Crystal clear urine yellow under a flimsy white cap. Why must all macros look identical?

Smells bad. One of the nastier smelling versions.

Tastes bad. I have to but Miller below Bud. All products.

Wife takes a sip and says "this is the butt of the butt." 'Nuff said.

Overall: I apologize to me

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

A- More colour than you would expect - probably due to the carmel colouring it undoubtedly contains. Looks like a decent beer.

S- Dosn't smell. Just enough smell to tell it's a beer and not a club soda.

T- If you are out doors, skateboarding or mowing the lawn or enjoying another activity that would mellow you enough and not allow room to contemplate what you are drinking, it's tolerable. Much like a club soda with a bit of skunked light beer added. Horrible with food. To try and pair this with food would be futile. Tastes of watery must.

M- Club soda.

D- Decent if your mindless. But why would you want to get drunk on something like this?

Serving type: can

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Well. This is a vapid, barely concealed mockery of beerdom. It's nothing. I couldn't take the ratings even down to 1 because it lacks enough personality to be awful. Barely any aroma, only the slightest hint of color and the taste is so watered down so as to make the carbonation dominate any possible flavor.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This is just like Bud light, but tastes like popcorn. Me and my bros call it popcorn beer. Basically, it's a staple at any frat party here in the crotch of Va. Anyways, apperance is like water with yellow food coloring. There is no real distinguishing taste from this beer. The smell is pretty bad too. Kinda smells like sour milk, but not as bad. There is a mouthfeel though... of water! Drinkability is not grand either. But I did learn something about the "brew". It goes well with any cheap whiskey.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Ahhh: One of America's most popular beers. Donated by a "friend", otherwise I wouldn't have had it. The beer is an extremely pale yellow color. Minimal aroma. Minimal taste. At least it is a watered down version of Miller's signature taste. Another example of what a big advertising budget can reap in sales that taste cannot.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

Gross. Down with BMC and their phony "vortex bottles". How many more ridiculous container designs are you going to come up with? Each day I hate you more and more as you push craft brews off the shelf with your bastardized product and unethical practices.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

The appearance is the best feature of this brew... Arrives a pale yellow with a very thin fizzy head... Clear as a bell with quite a bit of active carbonation...

Very strange metallic aromas coming off of this one mix with a light toasted graininess... Rather unappealing... Maybe a little floral hops but not much a all...

Grainy toastiness up front which quickly fades into a metallic aftertaste with lots of fizziness and corn flavors... Very thin and watery mouthfeel, almost feels lighter than water if that were possible..

A favorite of many Joe Six Packs but I don't like this one at all.. I like beer with some flavor..

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Not a fan. I'm not seein the whole "less filling, more taste" shenanigans.

Served: in a can, poured into a plastic cup.

A: Clear, golden, and carbonated.

S: I could smell the hops from the "triple-hops" brewing method used.

T: For a light beer, to taste some extra hops is different, but it didn't necessarily add to the quality of the beer. It's just like any other.

M: Hops, hops, and light carbonation, oh and hops.

D: Not as drinkable as it's mainstream peers. I'd much prefer Coors for a refreshing light beer if I'm buying cheap.

Leftovers...gotta love em.
Drank straight from the bottle cause...well, we all know what it looks like.

Nose is muted because it is very cold, but mildly offensive corn and light malt notes. Smells worse the warmer it gets.

I think it has slightly more beer flavor than a bud light, but is that really a good thing? Carbonation and corn are about the only things I can taste in here. It only makes me grimace when it gets above 40 degrees.

There are plenty worse bargain macros out there, I waffle between this or bud light as the #2 and #3 macro lights, both are pretty bad. I recommend coors light if you have to drink one of the three.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Pourded into a wheat glass, color is a light yellow gold with alot of carbination and little head that recedes in a few seconds, no lacing. Taste is of watered corn with a slight hind of oats, not very impressive taste more like water than anything. I'm not impressed by this lite lager no taste I guess it would be good for a cheap alternative, but I would pass.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Pours a faint yellow color with no head. A slight sweetness in the nose, and the same in taste. It is a clean beer, with no aftertaste. I do not say I like this beer, but there is not much to say. Smooth and does not have a major taste profile. I guess that is why the masses drink this, but it is non offensive.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Ok, I had no choice, it was my buddy's boat. This beer has no taste, some carb and no hops what so ever. Goes right through you, drink a can, piss over the side of the boat. I can't understand how people actually enjoy this headache in a can. I can't recommend it unless it's the only thing available.

Jk

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

"Oh no... no beer in the fridge. Oh wait there's a Miller Lite in the bottom." This was my thoughts at a friends house when I was really wanting a beer. With nothing else to drink I figured I'd give it a try.

It initially appears much like the other American Lights, light with little head. Surprisingly, from my memory of the other light beers this one does not taste as bad, but it definately was far from good. I would steer away from this brew unless you are dying of thirst.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Of the megabrewers, this has to be the light beer that makes the worst impression on me. Granted all aren't a good color or smell, but the taste of this one is just rather odd.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

great taste less filling?
ok.
pours a really pale watery urine yellow.
smells like a value macro.
ok. it does have more taste than most light lagers-but thats not necessarily a good thing. run of the mill semi-watered down boring macro flavor. I'd rather just have beer water with maybe a hint of excitement.
sure. its drinkable. good throwback beer. not my throwback of choice but its what the people like.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.