Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,077 | Reviews: 1,211
2.78/5  rDev +28.1%

IF I am doing a day of drinking, this is my go to. In comparison to malty, hoppy, beers, this does not measure up. For what it is, it is a good beer.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Tastes like corn enhanced water. Fizzy, yellow. Just about palatable when at a work function or other such event.

3.47/5  rDev +59.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

My favorite off the major commercial pilsners. Slightly more hop flavor than budlight and significantly tastier than coors. Has low ratings but for what it is, it always delivers and never disappoints. If I'm drinking all day this is my go to.

3.88/5  rDev +78.8%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

1.68/5  rDev -22.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

miller is the worst of the bunch

2.77/5  rDev +27.6%

For what it is, it's not bad. it's been my favorite of the light beers I've tried thus far. Decent session beer.

Drank for the untappd badge

1.91/5  rDev -12%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.25

Serving Type: 500 mL Can

Miller Lite finally made it's way to Canada (not that I really care) so I decided to pick up a Tall-Boy to give it a try. I thought the fact that it says "a fine Pilsner" on the can slightly comedic .

A- Clear, Pale Yellow. Fizzy and lots of carbonation visible. No lacing.

S- Corny and slightly grainy. Lots of sweetness with no real bittering evident.

T- Miller Lite is so flavourless, it's almost a waste of time to describe the flavour. Bready grain but very, very faint. All you really taste is the flavour the high carbonation gives off.

M- Light body and high carbonation. Pretty standard stuff for a Macro Lager.

O- While i'm not particularly glad I chose to pick up a can to try, I am quite thrilled that I only bought one. Miller Lite is not only macro swill, but it's terrible at that. Absolutely flavourless. Why drink a flavourless beer when there is water to be drunk with the same amount, if not more flavour.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Aroma: slight corn with light malt sweetness, no hops, no esters, clean, rainy, green apple. Appearance: Brilliantly clear light straw, off-white multi-sized bubbled head, head retention low, very light lacing. Flavor: slight astringency – probably from the carbonation, light sweetness finishes dry, the taste is partially coming from the carbonation, grainy, slight green apple, crisp, no hop, corn sweetness. Mouthfeel: light body, highly carbonated, slightly astringent, slight bight on the tongue from the carbonation. Overall Impression: Refreshing, thirst quenching, nothing to offend, bland

2.36/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

A - Drank from a can. Miller Lite pours yellow, with carbonation visible. Retro can refers to itself as a pilsner.

S - First big hit is of corn, but that fades as the beer warms, giving way to more typical grain notes, sour, with a strong metallic line and a bit of bile. Not good.

T - Contrasts with the smell, this is not horrid, and I can actually taste the pilsner legacy with both malts and hops that remind me slightly of a traditional, if neutered, pilsner.

M - Perhaps the greatest strength of this beer is that it is, as promised, light and easy.

O - If only it were more tasty. My problem here is two-fold. The nose makes this hard to bring up to my mouth, but if I get it there, I am rewarded with something that is a flawed imitation of a traditional beer designed to be an easy drinker. Really, if the nose were better, this would be a painless experience, but it would not be a worthwhile one.

1.69/5  rDev -22.1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This 'beer' is just plain awful. Virtually no redeeming attributes.

2.82/5  rDev +30%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Meh...not bad for a light lager, I guess.

1.52/5  rDev -30%
look: 4 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

its cheap binge drinking beer

3.07/5  rDev +41.5%

My go to lite beer.

2.5/5  rDev +15.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My favorite Macro. I grew up with this beer and still enjoy it today. This is the beer you drink when you want to drink a lot of beer.

2.98/5  rDev +37.3%

It's the perfect BBQ beer for me. It is crisp and refreshing in an ice cold bottle. Adversely, as this beer gets warm I tend to think it gets less appealing.

1.27/5  rDev -41.5%

Given how little malt goes into a "lite" recipe it's amazing the beer has any colour at all. Lo and behold, Miller Lite is golden enough to pass for a standard mass-market brand lager. And it's got the same bubbles and hollow white head too. It looks, by all accounts, just like it does in the commercials.

With regards to flavour the progression of Miller Lite goes as follows: undetectable, unoffensive, undesirable, undrinkable. Low temperature did a fine job at hiding this beer's faults but could only do so for so long - once it warms, look out! (and try to hold your breath).

The aroma becomes nothing short of repulsive - and no, this is not an exaggeration. It is so foul as to beg the question: what exactly is in this? My guess is a little barley and probably a lot of other things. Something we can say with certainty is that the grain used was of the lowest, most inferior quality possible. Their buyers must scour the planet to find the cheapest possible ingredients.

We know this because, instead of wholesome and bready cereal grain flavours, Miller Lite tastes like corn syrup and potato starch. It's almost like the crumbs of a Pringles can in liquid form (and without the saltiness to hide the distasteful by-products of the industrial manufacturing process).

It's incredible to think that despite all their billions of dollars, high-tech lab equipment, PhD chemists, intensive market research, and state-of-the-art quality control that they still can't manage to make a clean and flavorful lager! With those resources at their disposal it's mind-boggling and simply unacceptable. If anyone took the time to sincerely taste Miller Lite they'd find that it's truly awful stuff.

1.33/5  rDev -38.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

I read on a post below that having a beer like this, makes us appreciate a good beer. I drink this beer on a hot Lake Havasu summer as I am watching the madness at the channel. Good to hydrate with.

1.42/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

One of my all-time least favorite beers.

2.23/5  rDev +2.8%

Thanks to my brother for graciously sharing this gem with me over Memorial Day weekend. Its been such a long time since ive tried any of this swill that it felt good to take a step back, reset the palate and just appreciate the glory of craft beer which I have been spoiled with all these years. My review may be biased because I was in a good mood while my team was crushing the opponent during a fierce bout of backyard horseshoes.

Decanted from a half barrel into a oversized clear plastic picture and then again finally into my red solo cup. The brew is a pristine piss yellow with a sudsy white froth that lasts atop. The smell is slightly corn-like and nothing else. The taste has mild sweetness, corn again, mild sulfur/carbonics and water. The feel is light, super cold (which I hear is indicadive of the style) and moderately carbonated from the double decanting. If I was forced to drink macro crap, I could tolerate this but im not drinking it if there are other choices available...like water.

2.22/5  rDev +2.3%

Good poundability. Tastes better than the other big beer company light beers (Coors, Bud). Not terrible, not good.

1.66/5  rDev -23.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Favorite out of the BMC family. Still a bad beer though. Just way too many better options out there to sample.

2.38/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

of the macro light beers this one is better than most. I don't like this style, but it is fine with a fish fry or pizza.

My go to cheap domestic light beer.

2.78/5  rDev +28.1%

Not the worst piss beer.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.