Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.29/5  rDev +6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This beer was poured from the bottle (new white vintage throwback label) at the Andiamo banquet hall in Warren, Michigan into a generic stange. It showed a shimmering bright yellow coloring and produced a stark white head of quickly thinning foam. This stood a finger and a half tall at its conception, but quickly faded into a film across the top of the liquid. Lacing was globular and sparse. No haze or sediment was noted, and carbonation appeared to be highly active. The aroma was simple and straightforward, offering biscuity pale and harsh adjuncty grain, dried wheat and straw, unsalted table crackers, basic lager yeast metallics, glass, stamp adhesive, burlap and gauze, skunky and old grassy hop airs, dried twigs and leafs, and heaps upon heaps of cheap and generic cereal grain grit and toast. The flavoring, too, followed suit as expected. Notes of bland adjuncty and Pilsner grain, toasted almonds, white printer paper, cleaner wheaty maltiness, dust, harsh yeasty metallics, foil, lemon rind, sweat, burlap, light green grassy hops, pound cake sweetness, straw, and dried mushrooms flood the palate. The body is light and washes the flavoring out, and carbonation is high, bubbling actively on the palate. Each sip gives lightly appropriate slurp, smack, cream, froth, and crisp finishing pop. The foam around the mouth was robust, leaving the palate prickled, dried, and somewhat puckered. The abv was appropriate, and the beer drank like water.

Overall, what really is there to discuss about this beer?! It is simple. It is light. It is intently mild in flavoring. Obviously a popular beer for the masses, we've had this one countless times before. The occasion for rating came at a friend's wedding, and it was used mainly as a palate cleanser between much more satisfying nips of delicious bourbon.

2.43/5  rDev +12.5%

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

trying to have a accurate list of beers ive had, and it sucks that this is on it

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

2.59/5  rDev +19.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

although it isn't my first choice anymore, I still don't mind drinking it. It was my go to in high school and is easy to drink in large quantities. Not a beer to really enjoy

2.7/5  rDev +25%

Wow, finally getting a chance to tick a major box with this one, can't believe I'm actually drinking a Miller Lite. No, seriously - I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ACTUALLY DRINKING A MILLER LITE. (How did this happen?)

Wanna thank my drinking buddies for all going with a classic "beer and a shot" tonight. Can't imagine another scenario by which I actually end up drinking this beer, so, thanks guys.

Classic white can, says "a fine pilsner beer". Guess we'll see?

It's a frothy pour. It's clean, and yeah, bland. It's not so bad, I guess. If I was drinking a beer just to drink a beer, and I didn't care a whit about flavor, if I just wanted something to back my whiskey, then okay, this isn't a terrible option, you're not a bad person for drinking it. Maybe with a crazy spicy meal.

Use it like the pink, pickled ginger you get with sushi - as a palate cleanser - and you're on defensible ground. But in any other situation, if you order this over other craft options, then yeah, maybe you ARE a bad person...

2.75/5  rDev +27.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

There is a time and place for it.

1.65/5  rDev -23.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

The old school logo tricks me into buying this every now and then in the summer. I'd put it a bit higher than Bud Light.

2.11/5  rDev -2.3%

Appearance: pours a 1" white head that drops rapidly with very faint lacing. Color is clear pale straw with plenty of streaming carbonation.
Aroma: mild corn sweetness and water.
Mouthfeel: light and fairly crisp.
Flavor: some corn sweetness, a bit of lightly toasted barley, no hops discernible.
Overall: it is what it is. No off flavors and not offensive but not much different from mineral water either.

1.69/5  rDev -21.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Nothing special here just another watered down light beer. Easy to drink but that is most likely due to the lack of flavor.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

3.83/5  rDev +77.3%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

3.1/5  rDev +43.5%

Lite looks like piss. Smells nothing like good beer and has an aroma of old stale keg. But alas lest we forget. It tastes great. I won't drink coors light or bud light but for some reason a 12 pack of lite by miller never seems like a bad decision after they are gone. It just really damned drinkable. Period. I can't say that about whale testicle beer now can I?

2.09/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

1.17/5  rDev -45.8%

Really bad beer. It smells/tastes like beer that has sat out for a few days, water added, then refrigerated. Maybe the worst beer I have ever drank.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Worst beer I've ever had. I know that the rating system is never supposed to be all 1s or all 5s, I get it...but there's no hope for Miller with this one. They should probably just shut down and stop feeding the bros.

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

3.82/5  rDev +76.9%

Classic American beer for holidays

3.09/5  rDev +43.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I feel like a fool for never reviewing this, as I have had 10,456 of them. If I give it a bad review, it will make me look like a masochist. One of things I like about this beer is that I can buy a 30 pack at Costco for 45 cents. Once I get them home I find them to be either a nice way to start the night (as they don't count as a drink) or a great way to end the night (don't waste a good drink if you can't stand up). This beer is liquid and not poisonous which gives it good points. It has little taste and makes me pee a lot which is bad. Overall I will likely buy 500 more of them this year, so I give it a thumbs up

2.92/5  rDev +35.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

I give Miller Lite a slightly higher overall score because it accomplishes its objective well; it's a cheap, ubiquitous macro beer that doesn't completely offend the palate. There are beers a whole lot worse than that.

3.08/5  rDev +42.6%

"Less Filling...Tastes Fucking Great" !!!

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.