Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,077 | Reviews: 1,211
2.14/5  rDev -1.4%

One of the better macro light beers, but that isn't saying much. All Miller Lite really has going for it is that it's easy to pound and the taste is inoffensive. Has almost no smell or taste except for that of grainy sugar water. I really couldn't muster more than a glass of this.

OK, go ahead and pour it in a glass. I poured pure terror. I am terrified by urine. Head gone instantly. Smells like a corn field, and a hangover. Taste is like corn mixed with water, alcohol, and carbon dioxide. Feels like water in your mouth, maybe a bubble will sneek up on you. Finish makes you want scope. Drinkability is less than zero. If I come to your house and you offer me this, don't let the screen door hit me in the ass on the way out.

1.56/5  rDev -28.1%

16 oz. can bought while in San Antonio

Pours a very pale yellow with a small white head.

Flavor is pretty macro. Some malt flavor, but not much. The beer would be much better if they had included a bit of a hop bite. Funky aftertaste.

Drinkable only if very cold or at the end of the night if you are wanting to stay drunk.

2.6/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Presentation: 24oz can with no freshness date to be found.

Appearance: Pale straw yellow with a fine marble white head with little to no lacing that dissipated quit quickly.

Smell: A hint of grain’s and a very clean aroma to it.

Taste: A little bit lemony with a hoppy bitterness that balances each other out. But the taste of processed corn and grains isn’t appealing at all.

Mouth-Feel: Light crisp feeling that leaves a dry mouth-feel.

Drink-Ability: A very light beer that I do not recommend on drinking when there are so many great beers to drink other than this.

2.26/5  rDev +4.1%

This ole brew pours a fizzy yellow , bit of lacin , and head comprised of large white bubbles. The smell is very thin and , some hints of grain, adjunct. Taste is also a watery , light corny/ ghost grain flavor. Crisp carbonation and a clean (but boring) profile make it easy drinking under the sun at a nascar race , but its just a below average light swill beer. It is better than mich ultra , but thats not saying much.

2.53/5  rDev +16.6%

Good switch off from Coors Light in case you want to switch it up during you're drinking. If out with friends at a local bar where this is served, will go for it sometimes. When poured, develops a decent head without a too impressive smell. Tastes slightly sweeter than Coors Light and very watery. Very carbonated so harder to drink, but still an overall decent beer.

2.42/5  rDev +11.5%

Poors from a wide mouth 16 oz can a pale, watered down yellow. I can hardly detect the kind of smell typical of light macro, but it's grainy and doesn't really get me excited about what I'm going to shortly taste. Taste hits the back of the mouth quick and is mostly corny and as I look down at the glass I can't help but imaginaing a corn cobb based on taste and appearance. All an all a lack of lingering aftertaste makes it superior than most of it's peers.

I chose over bud light any day, and Coors Light above Miller Lite.

1.83/5  rDev -15.7%

It's Miller Lite; what do you think?

Had one at a friend's house; my first Miller Lite in over a year. I drank this beer quite a bit in college and chose it at the bar when my only other choices were Bud and Coors. Now, I don't go unless there's other choices.

2.41/5  rDev +11.1%

Appearance: Light yellow and very clear with a small amount of lacing.

Smell: The typical lite lager smell with a popcorn note.

Taste: Not much more taste than the typical lite lager, but there is a popcorn note. Unfortunately, the beers aftertaste got worse as I finished the beer or else it wouldn't have been too bad.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and light finish.

Drinkability: I usually end up drinking these when I'm on vacation with friends for the purpose of getting drunk and only after my beer is all gone. This is actually where this beer came from.

2.98/5  rDev +37.3%

A solid macro. I split a pitcher with two buddies. For a macro it wasn't bad. There wasn't much head from the pour, but it actually looked like it had a fair about of head in the pitcher, with a very good amount of retention (meaning that if I order a macro). No lace at all. Don't drink and review.

4.28/5  rDev +97.2%

One of the best light lagers in the US market, much better overall then other mass produced beers.

A=A yellowish-brown color with a frothy head that dissipates quickly (much darker than the other big American brewers light beers-coors, bud)

S=Decent barley aroma with a touch of hops, aroma volatiles are a little stronger then most light lagers

T=For a light beer it has a good "beer" flavor, not a watered down taste at all, very consistent taste

M=High levels of carbonation, very low viscosity

D=This is a beer you can drink all night without getting sick of it.

2.31/5  rDev +6.5%

Well, this has been in my fridge for a while after a party I had - so I figured what the hell....let's see how it rates. It poured a very clear pale yellow with a thick head that fell quickly. The smell is faint and slightly skunky. The taste is very mild and a bit uninteresting. The mouthfeel is very thin. The drinkability of this is fair, not exciting, but it does go down.

2.18/5  rDev +0.5%

A weak yellow with minimal head and lacing. The word minimal also describes other aspects of this beer.

Smells of cheap grains and hops.

The taste is also minimal with a lingering smoky flavor. Smokiness is nice in some beers but unfortunately not in this one because it is paired with little else.

Mouthfeel is heavily carbonated, and not much to go with it.

The taste improves the more you drink, but why??

2.56/5  rDev +18%

I have always considered Miller Lite to be a cut above the other domestics. Maybe it's that they have the better commercials, maybe it was that one debaucherous night in Milwaukee. I'm not sure. But I have always had a soft spot in my heart for all the Miller products. So I am now going to critique it from a non-sentimental perspective. I'm sorry, Miller, if I am harsh.

The clear straw-yellow color is bubbly and light (or should I say "lite"). The amount of foam on the top leaves a surprising amount of lace, but not sure how long it will last. [Note: the lacing of the foam is very slight, but at least it's something.]

The smell is malty. Has that American Macro rice aroma. Not very impressive really.

I am pretty sure the beer is fresh, but it has a skunked, musty flavor to it. Like it's been sitting in room temp for a while. There is virtually no aftertaste.

Is very light, but doesn't go down as easy as I would like. It is light and should be smooth, but the carbonation dances a little too much on the palate. A little too fizzy for my liking. It's watery, yet seltzery. If it were a night of cheap pitchers, I could probably knock quite a few of these back. As for enjoying at home, better to pick up something else.

1.26/5  rDev -41.9%

Serving was a 12oz can.

Appearance - Yellow like that stuff that come out... well you know where. Wins a bonus point considering the effervescence is the most excitement you will get out of this package.

Smell - Metallic and cabbage once you get close enough.

Taste - Boiled cabbage and other vegetables. A corny aftertaste is the only redeemer here but it's still not pretty.

Mouthfeel - It's like a crappy soda water with some funky off flavors.

Overall - Drink and swallow. Letting things linger in the mouth just tend to make this unpleasant experience even worse.

1.73/5  rDev -20.3%

Poured a light golden with a small head that dissipated quickly. Small amounts of carbonation can be seen rising.

Not much aroma. Some sweet corn, adjuncts and light citrus at the end.

Taste was not good. Sweet malts and again some very light citrus. Some light bitterness. The biggest taste impression was that it was fake or "off."

Mouthfeel was light, not cleansing.

Overall, this is not drinkable. The bad taste just wouldn't get me to try more. There are better light lagers out there.

1.65/5  rDev -24%

11276 lasered on the bottle. Served cold in a pilsener glass, the label proclaims this is a "true pilsner beer". Let's drink.

Appearance- Flaccid and wimpy, the beer pours a pale straw with a lighter-than-water look and consistency. The fizzy, white head is quick to diminish and leaves no lacing behind.

Smell- Corny, vegetal, cereal aromas that really have no place in real beer... I'm not getting hops or malt, this just smells like cheap adjuncts.

Taste- Why bother pouring this into a glass? It tastes like water and fake grains... better suited for shooting straight down the gullet from the bottle. Refreshing, but certainly not anything to speak of tastewise.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability- Razor sharp carbonation harshly envelops the mouth and tongue, becoming less prickly but still grating overall. There is a dry finish which I find positive, but that's all. This type of beer is the reason that people say "I hate the taste of beer"... there's nothing but cheap filler to taste, and it's all that most people know exists.

Container Volume: 355ml

Container type: bottle

Fresh: y

Purchased @: anywhere

Cost: cheap

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: Tastes like any other pale American lager...all fake carbonation

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

2.55/5  rDev +17.5%

12oz can

Miller Lite was a very clear light golden color with a short white head the managed to skick around for about a minute. The smell was very light. There in not much in the wayof taste either, but there is a little something there. The mouthfeel is very light with plenty of carbonation. It's not too bad once you get through two or three cans.

2.98/5  rDev +37.3%

Considering the beer style and the other macro lights, Miller lite wins hands down(except when compared to SA light).A: Light yellow with little carbonation, head or lacing. S: Corn, grain and other adjuncts with maybe the slightest trace of mild hops T: This has more taste than Coors, and esp Bud but that's about it. A little body with the mildest of grain and corn taste, but not too bad considering. I drank half of a Bud light just prior to this and had I reviewed it then I probably would have given 4's across the board by comparison. M: thin and watery D: Pretty darn good esp. in hot weather and as a palate cleanser from Bud light. Miller Lite was the good stuff in high school and college. Thank God I'm not in high school and college anymore.

2.14/5  rDev -1.4%

What odd experience today. I was at Lancaster's new minor league baseball stadium and the vendor is carrying bottles of beer up and down the isles and I swear it looked like water bottle tops. Wouldn't you know Miller and Miller light in plastic bottles at the Lancaster Barnstormers baseball game. Who'd a thunk it?

Appearance: This beer is straw yellow gold.

Smell: It smells like corn and other adjunct create a typical macro aroma. very small. Straub has a corn aroma as well but it is more pleasant than Miller Light IMO.

Taste: Dry light and watery with a sweet malt and sour corn flavor that doesn't taste at all like the beautiful hops I love in an IPA. In all fairness this is supposed to be a light larger so I shouldn't complain about light flavors but there are certainly better (and worse).

Mouthfeel: It is very dry and fizzy. Watery!

Drinkability: If you are looking for a guzzler beer for beer bong this will do like any swill. It works when sitting in the sun at a baseball game but otherwise, pass.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

2.5/5  rDev +15.2%

this beer is not good but far from horrible for the style..
It does have some descent characteristics.
It has a flavor unlike any other light macro. One of the few distictive beers of its style. It is very light on carbs and calories and does have much more flavor than most. Unfortunately that flavor comes off as bitter and corn filled. Very Cold I might accept one if its' A. free B. extremely cold and C. I'm on a 'serious' diet.
Not much good to say other than its better than every other huge player-but unfortunately not worth the 4.99 a six-pack. Not with PBR and definately not if you have Schlitz as an inexpensive option. Utterly distinctive yet utterly forgettable. There is a pleasant sweetness early that hints of hellas style which is kinda nice...

if you have someone who is truly in-the-know on macro's they will attest that this is one of the most 'natural', if not least adjunct ridden brews in the catagory. The brewing process of this one is really held at a little higher standard than some of the others in the catagory, and the result is a notch above for that reason. Not good... but better than BudLt, Michlt, Bud, or any other masspro AB product for sho.

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

Had a pitcher of this with my Father at the local Sports bar. Straw yellow with tons of carbonation. No aroma. Served ice cold. After the carbonation assault, a taste of cooked corn came through. Hints of old socks, and shoes made themselves known before the cooked corn returned for the finish. This beer is so full of adjuncts that it should be given a different name. It's been years since I've drank one of these that I truly forgot how awful they are. Couldn't finish my glass.

3.1/5  rDev +42.9%

This was my first light beer, and I tried to make the scores reflect the usually lowered expectations for this particular style. I was hanging out with some friends, and this was all they had. I was thirsty, so I figured I'd give it a try. It should also be noted that I drank it right out of the bottle.

It didn't have too strong of a taste either way, so it was pretty easy to get down. Like I mentioned before, I was thirsty, and it did the job as a thirst quencher. It gets a bit less appealing the further down the bottle you go, but it's still drinkable, and I liked it enough to have another.

If all you want is to quench your thirst and have something beer-ish without having the alcohol overpower you, this does the job just fine. I can see myself drinking this again if it's available at a party, but it's a safe bet that I'd never buy this for myself.

3.08/5  rDev +41.9%

Once again..I must consider the style when reviewing a beer. Pours a very light yellow color with a small head, and little retention or lacing (poured from a bottle into a mug). Has little smell to it...standard cheap beer smell to it. Has a lighter beer taste to it...tastes kind of like a pilsner. Light feel in the mouth with a good amount of caronation. For a domestic light beer not too bad...better than Bud Light IMHO...

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.