Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros

24 oz. can,

A: Pale yellow, with a dissipating, artificial looking white head, with horrible retention in a pint glass.

S: Basically nonexistant, a light hint of corn.

T: Terrible, tastes like old tepid bath water, mixed with soap and soaked in cornmeal for an hour. I've had bad light beers before, but this one takes the cake. I'd rather have it taste like nothing, like Coors Light or Natty Light, at least then it would be easier to drink. There's no taste of the choicest hops that they mention on the label.

M: High in carbonation, seltzery, spritzy, no substance to it.

D: A terrible beer, this will be my lowest review on this site. I know I'm ranting, but my body had a bad reaction to this overprocessed crap. Save your money and buy a real beer, or least a Bud Light, which for a light beer is not horrible. True pilsner? Yeah right, drink a fuckin' Czechvar or Urquell if you wan't a real pilsner, in conclusion, the worst beer I have ever had. This is the antithesis of beer, everythng we been striving for, going back to tradition for 9000 years, there's no need to drink this shit.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

One of four beers from this brewery I tried and reviewed while on holiday in Tobago. I disliked all of them. How does this brewery survive, their products are awful.

12oz can, poured cold into a cold half pint tumbler.

Very pale gold, full white head at first, soon fell away to a thin covering.

This is a nothing beer, no aroma, no taste or body to it. A waste of money.

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale golden yellow in color with some light amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a finger tall fizzy bright white head that quickly reduces to nothing but a very thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal lacing is observed.

S: Light to moderate aromas of musty grains, rice, and corn.

T: Light flavored, not a lot to the taste at all - there are hints of adjunct malts (grain and corn). Very faint bit of bitterness in the finish but it does not linger.

M: Light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Thin and watery.

O: Easy to drink and sessionable but that is likely due to the fact that the smell and taste are just about absent (and the low ABV). I will likely be avoiding this one (even at the free conference bars) in the future.

1.5/5  rDev -30.6%

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

I CANnot believe either their current marketing campaign OR the gullibility of the drinking populace. "Locks In Great Pilsner Taste", "Taste Protector Lid", "Great Pilsner Taste ... Triple Hops Brewed" are all followed on their imprint by "TM" in the teeny-tiniest, sub-agate font allowed by law! Why, you might ask is that important? Because, by law, you CAN and MAY trademark any meaningless slogan that passes across your synapses. That would be like me advertising "Woody Chandler - interchangeable with Hercules, Adonis, and/or Superman!" (TM). Rubbish!

On to the beer: I hoped, for a fleeting millisecond, that I might have actually poured a beer today with some head. Whoops, was I wrong! It started out with a nice, bone-white head, but the fizzy carbonic nature of the beer just erupted right through any head that may have had a chance. Even H. C. Andersen's mermaid had a better chance of becoming foam. I really had to sniff to get the cereal-grain (think Cheerios) smell that so many others have alluded to. It was a weakling at a sand-kicking contest (thx, Charles Atlas). Color was a straw-yellow with a brightness approaching water or glass. Mouthfeel was light and airy, allowing me to drift away on its billowy, puffy feel and forget, blissfully, that I was supposed to be drinking BEER! The taste, thankfully protected by the lid and with a "great pilsner taste" (TM), reminded me that it was "triple hops brewed" (TM). Rubbish! I've had tap water with a better taste and mouthfeel. Utter garbage foisted upon an unsuspecting public by lawyers in cahoots with brewers who should know better. The finish left me wishing for beer.

When the bottom line ($) is the bottom line, spend your money elsewhere.

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

...At a graduation party. The host said he didn't have any of "my kind of beer" and I should drink some "real beer"...Okaaayyy. I'll have some fun with this. Zero head but a small bit of lacing, which is surprising. Lots of chunky carbonation pumping through this light straw colored brew. Smells of light sweet corn and malts in a water batch. Tastes of watered down crisp lager that may have been mediocre at best before becoming .01 grams/mole BEER. Slight hop feel isn't that great but it has an appeal that might be okay to someone who doesn't know what a hop smells, or tastes like. Mouthfeel is watery and seltzery. I couldn't drink more than one of these. This "True pilsner beer" wasn't exactly all my host cracked it up to be.

Not so good, Al.

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

16 oz can poured into pint glass.

Pours a one finger bright white head. Head fizzles down quickly. Color is a clear straw yellow.

The aroma is kind of grassy and grainy. There is also a slight corn smell. Taste is basically the same. Very bland, can't get to much out of it.

Mouthfeel is very crisp, but then mellows down. Goes down easy with a dry aftertaste. This beer seems undercarbonated.

Overall, this is nothing stunning or good. I received this at a party and thought I would give it a shot and throw a review up on it. Nothing I would every buy.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

The beer is completely clear with a thin white collar that leaves minimal lacing. The aroma is typical of a macro lager, with sweet grain and corn. The flavor is fairly sweet, with a mediocre grainy taste. One of these is more than enough. Uninteresting and oddly sweet. The body is thin with a solid carbonation level. The finish brings more sweet grain, with a total lack of hop presence. Overall, I will never understand why the masses continually buy this beer.

1.43/5  rDev -33.8%

Tried from a can on board a United Airlines flight from Seattle to San Francisco.

Pours a lurid pale yellow, straddling the line between fluorescent and colorless. Head is a filmy, insubstantial ring of grey-white. Such a light body. So poor.

Nose lightly sweet, with corn syrup aromas dominant, but surprisingly, not much cooked corn veggie characters. Slight stale pee character to it, along with some almost hints of sweet pepper. No, it's not good, but it's neither actively offensive nor characterless.

Flavour is worse, however. Grainy corn husks, light pastry characters, bran mush and a lingering sweetness which cloys at the end. Feel gives the effect of seltzer water. Less filling? Gimme a break! Its gassy and bloating.

Yep, actively bad brew. Of the 3 options on the plane, this was the one I'd yet to review, and given it was free I thought it was worth doing. But even now I'm done I'm having second thoughts.

1.75/5  rDev -19%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

12oz bottle, wait a second they make plastic bottles now. I thought that was stadium only. Ok, plastic bottle into a pint glass.

A- Miller Light pours out of the plastic bottle a pale yellow to golden color with minimum to no head, kind of looks like urine. I'm sorry, but that's what it looks like. Some fizz and bubbles emerge on the top. No lace.

S- The smell is light including very minimal grassy hops and processed corn. I can say that there is some skunkiness going on. no more, no less.

T- Very one sided with the corn and mild hop presense fighting to come through but barely making a wimper. I get more malts than hops but overall this tastes like carbonated water. There is no depth to this at all.

M- Very thin on the mouth and goes down like water with no dominate flavors causing any traffic. Kind of like sparkling water only worse. Miller light leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

D- Those commercials are lying cause i cant drink much of this. I see this as a gulping/ chugging beer because of it's light nature but i can't take more than a big gulp without cringing at the overall affect of this beer.

This beer is an easy out if your going to a party or social event as it's appreciated and won't go to waste, so i guess that ML has this going for it. Money well spent!!

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

One of the better macro light beers, but that isn't saying much. All Miller Lite really has going for it is that it's easy to pound and the taste is inoffensive. Has almost no smell or taste except for that of grainy sugar water. I really couldn't muster more than a glass of this.

2.17/5  rDev +0.5%

Had at a BBQ after I had finished what I brought. Next time I need to bring a few more of my own.

A: Pale yellow/straw colored with a foamy white head that dissipates quickly. Little bits of lace form after taking a sip, but are gone pretty quickly.

S: Pretty muted, grainy malt, a bit of corn sweetness. No hops.

T: Some grainy malt and a bit more sweetness than the aroma. Where are the triple hops though?

M: Light bodied with high carbonation. On the watery side, but that wasn't too surprising.

O: Easy to drink, but only because there really isn't much to it. Not what I want to be drinking, but won't refuse it if there is nothing else and I am out with friends or at some sort of social event.

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

Miller's lightweight family member was also sampled tonight, as part of a sampling splurge I did at Vendome earlier today when some beer bottles were reduced to 99 cents. On to the beer:

Well, it's better than Bud Light. There's actually some kind of flavor to this one, mainly of corn husks and sweetness, a lesser extent of hops, and a seltzer-like feeling that finishes dry. I couldn't believe this unitl I tasted it, but after I finished a third of the serving, I started to taste a dose of alcohol reminiscent to cheap vodka. That can't be good. This brew packs an underwhelming 4% ABV, and I'm tasting alcohol? I tried to go on, but I couldn't finish the whole thing.

On the bright side, it has fewest calories of the Big 3 (for what that's worth) and only has a whisker more carbs than Michelob Ultra (also for what that's worth). Ironically, part of my Vendome run involved purchasing a bottle of the latter, which I may soon regret. We'll find out tomorrow.

1.15/5  rDev -46.8%

A. Served on tap at a local sports game. Appeared straw yellow with some head.

S. Smells like corn, thats about it.

T. Once again a slight corny twang with subtle notes of vomit. Pretty awful.

M. Watery all the way through.

D. Some people pound these, but personally, one was more than enough for me.

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a standard Macrobrew yellow.

Smell is sweet with some malt smell. Mild grain and a whiff of flowers maybe?

Taste is actually present! Tastes mildly sweet with some grain and earthy flavors.

Mouthfeel is present, not great but it beats the last 4 Light beers I tasted.

Drinkable, It is not GREAT but it beats everything I have tasted except Sam Adams Light.

2.76/5  rDev +27.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

On tap; served in a frosted mug, which may be why there’s no lacing.

Clear, pale golden; excellent clarity; good head

Light, somewhat watery body but with counteracting medium-high carbonation.

Aroma and flavor are very light, about as expected although even less hoppy.

O: clean and refreshing, but flawed by minimal substance.

1.68/5  rDev -22.2%

Pours a three finger, white head that quickly fades leaving some lacing. Insipid pale yellow color. Very light carbonation and very light bodied. Faint skunky nose. Has a tinny watery flavor, faint hops in the background, good lawnmower beer if you can stand the tinny flavor. $4.99 for a 6-pack from Market Basket Concord, NH. Needed to buy this stuff for a party, amazing how quick it goes!!

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.