Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
3.18/5  rDev +47.2%

A- thin 1 finger head that quickly recedes into a thin cap, then nothing. Totally clear straw color.

S- mostly graininess with a touch of skunky hops. Nothing willd...

T- Initially, cloying carbonation but gives way to a dryer grainy finish with a touch of residual yeasty character (banana?). A bit reminiscent of a kolsch, oddly.

M- Carb ins a little cloying but refreshing. A little plain on the finish.

D- I have always turned my nose up to miller lite, but served in a pils glass, at proper temp, this wasn't terrible at all. Easily Sessionable.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%

2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

I was a Budweiser drinker for many years before getting into craft beers. I hadn't had a Bud in several months before buying a 24 oz bottle for rating purposes. At the same time, I also bought a 24 oz Miller Lite even though I did not care for Lite when I was drinking BMC. A couple of days ago I had and rated the Budweiser. Tonight, I rated the Lite.

Its funny, after several months of nothing but good microbrewery beers, you'd think your taste buds would have developed and you would notice a huge difference between Bud and Miller Lite. Nope, they tasted identical, like they came out of the same vat. I won't bore you with the details, read the Bud review if you are interested, they're the same down to the aroma. Neither beer is a bad beer, there are just a lot better out there. And I have to give some props to Miller Lite after all these years of neglecting it in favor of Budweiser.

2.75/5  rDev +27.3%

1.75/5  rDev -19%

3.38/5  rDev +56.5%

Light yellow colored beer with rapidly fading head.This is an easy drinking smooth light beer which goes well with a family bbq or on a football Sunday.It might not taste as good as some of the micros but some days you gotta go back to where you started.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

[Appearance]: Very pale straw color, clear, lots of carbonation, soapy head that disappear really quick. Looks like a typical Adjunct Lager.
[Smell]: Roasted corn aroma, hint of skunky.
[Taste]: Corn, maybe some little grainy from the malts, I could detect some slight of bitterness from the hops. Has a weird aftertaste that lingers in my mouth.
[Mouthfeel]: Light bodied, carbonation is pretty strong.
[Drinkability]: I couldn't drink the rest.

I'm surprise they call this a "True Pilsner", more like "True Adjunct Piss".

2.03/5  rDev -6%

I've only commented on the color because I've seen this poured into a glass from a tap, so I know it's that color piss attains after you've had 4 or 5 beers...which means just the barest hint of yellow.

The smell might be the best part of the beer, full of sweet, roasted corn and the pale malts strike a balance with the grain that should not be in beer (the corn, in case you're not following along well).

Taste? Is that the point of this beer? I don't think so. Taste rarely enters into a light American macro-lager. What taste there is smacks of pureed corn watered down to the point where you can barely taste the corn. I had this in that stupid-ass vortex bottle. Since the swirling of the beer helps force it down your throat I wasn't sure if my gag reflex was triggered from the beer hitting my uvula first or the horrible off-flavors that develop as this beer gets warm.

Water seems to enter into my review a lot as I'm sure it does many others. The body is extremely light and almost as thins as water. When seriously cold the beer manages to be refreshing, which is not a horrible thing after mowing the lawn or working the grill. I've had worse (Bud Light and Coors Light), but not much worse.

So I recommend that you drink this ice cold and from the vortex bottle. That way the bottle can help force this down your throat before it warms to the point where you can taste all the horribleness inside.

1.75/5  rDev -19%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.