Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,107 | Hads: 4,129
1.29/5  rDev -44.4%

Sorry Miller fans, but this was by far one of the worst beers I have ever had. I know I am not supposed to slam a beer but it is hard to find some good qualities about this. Here is one good quality, it is cheaper than Bud Light. That's not really a good quality because Bud Light is so much more drinkable than Mille Lite.

The absolute worst taste is by far from the can! Yuck!

Miller Lite is even worse in the bottle. If you absolutely have to drink this beer make sure it's on Draft! (492 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -53.4%

Miller Lite is an american macrobrew from SAB Miller Company. It is the light version of Miller High Life.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formation and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment. (505 characters)

2.03/5  rDev -12.5%

you can put this in fancy bottles with vortex necks and give it away for free....you can put it in fancy aluminum bottles...

its still Miller Lite and its an insult to lagers...how they get away with selling it for so much is mindboggling

Miller Lite was much better 15+ years ago....then they reformulated it to maximize profits by using cheaper grains.

this costs more than Miller High Life....and High Life blows this stuff away.

It is however, not bad on tap...i will say that.

a marshy rotten smell on the first pull...no aftertaste. causes me to vomit after a session...i cant explain why...one of the only beers that do this to me so i stay away (657 characters)

2.3/5  rDev -0.9%

A lot of beer snobs out there hate light beer and especially Miller Lite. It seems to be ground zero for the haters. I have made this beer my choice for years. It is highly drinkable and refreshing. You can go all day on this stuff. Have a couple of craft beers then switch to this brew and never leave the party. Maybe get lucky. (330 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +57.3%

From the Bros description for Light Lager category: "very low in malt flavor with a light and dry body. The hop character is low and should only balance with no signs of flavor or aroma."

Look: clear, light golden color; thin white head dissipates quickly and with no lacing
Smell: faint cooked vegetal aroma, like mixed vegetables boiling on the stove top
Taste: watery for sure; mildly sweet malt/cereal graininess
Feel: crisp mouthfeel; finishes clean rather than dry and no hop essence detected in nose, taste or finish

Overall: not my favorite lite beer (that would be Sam Adams Light) but this does hit most of the beer's category marks. Points deducted a bit since finish isn't dry, but maybe I'm spoiled by all the IPA/DIPA's I've consumed in the recent past. (780 characters)

2.71/5  rDev +16.8%

Beer pours a golden color that has a nice head with tight beaded bubbles that are quick to recede. Not much a hop aroma nor does it have much malt character which is within style. Has a watered down taste, but all in all if you are looking for a cheap beer for a hot summer day it will do in a pinch. (300 characters)

4.7/5  rDev +102.6%

A hot day and a cold beer...it doesn't get much better than miller lite...very refreshingly lite without feeling watery. Miller lite and it's cousins get very harsh opinions from beer reviewers but these brewers have spent enormous amounts of money to brew enjoyable, marketable and sellable beer and they have accomplished their goals. It is also a beer that is universal, there are many a lady who will have no problem having a few millers lites with you but ask her to have a few anchor steam porters with you? (I do not mean that women do not enjoy complex beers but as a whole there are some patterns)
It has very very light malty and hoppy flavors...a very enjoyable beer. (678 characters)

3.2/5  rDev +37.9%

Another Light Lager, ahem, excuse me, "Lite" Lager.

All aspects of this beer are to be as expected from the style. It is called a Light Lager because the drinker wishes to sacrifice flavor and alcohol content for fewer calories/carbs. Miller Lite tastes ever so slightly better than its B and C opponents but not making it justifiable to purchase Miller Lite if it was any more expensive than BL or CL. (403 characters)

2.57/5  rDev +10.8%

Appearance: Light light yellow.

Smell: Smells like straw and beer. Generic beer smell associated with light American lagers.

Taste: Not much going on here. I can drink these given I'm at a party playing flippy cup, or there is no other option given. It has a distinct taste, compared to other light American lagers. It is uniquely Miller's flavor. Probably the corn.

Mouthfeel: Somewhere between a regular and a diet soda. Can actually be quite refreshing on a hot day, again, given there isn't an alternative. I'd go for a Sierra Nevada Summerfest lager.

Drinkability: Again, quite good. These are easy to drink beers either by the can, bottle, tap or pitcher. This is assuming you can get past the taste.

Overall, this is the probably the beer that gives beer a bad rep. Many would suggest this beer looks, smells and tastes like piss water... It's not quite that bad.

I'll drink these in group settings, say with a pitcher. That's about all it's good for. (965 characters)

2.78/5  rDev +19.8%

I've been consuming this on tap for awhile, since becoming 21.

Appearance: Well, you know? It's normal. Very clear, golden. Hay colored to say the least.

Smell: Not much going on. You really have to focus to get a whiff of anything. I mostly get corn from it and a slight malt flavor. I'm not really smelling any hops with this one.

Taste: Very light...woops sorry, I mean lite. I mean what do you expect? Predominately corny, very little malt and the slightest hit of used up hops graze the tongue at the end of the drink. It's a lite beer and that's what you have to expect.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated to high heaven. Almost burns my tongue. You know what though? I like it. It fits the beer very well. Beer goes down pretty easy and I end up doing about 7 or 8 of these before I call it a night...at the bar.

Overall. If I am at a bar that only has Budweiser, Coors, and this on tap, I will almost always go for this. Unless the Budweiser is actually Budweiser and not Bud Light. Actually wait...idk. Is there a difference? Miller Lite is ok but not worth the price to buy it by the pack. Better off with something cheaper like Strohs, Old Milwaukee, Schlitz, Milwaukee's Best, Blatz, or Pabst. (1,197 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -53.4%

Bottle, tap, no matter, it's crap.

Aroma is horrid. Smells like faint rice, typical lite lager water.

Tastes like adjunct piss water. WTF does triple hops brewed mean?

Avoid this one, I implore you. It's slightly less worse than Coor's and Bud, though.

Go with PBR, Old Style or Hamm's instead, if this is the swill you're after. (335 characters)

2.48/5  rDev +6.9%

Not bad. Not too smooth, but a good appearance. Easy to drink and not bad price. I would take i over most light beers but by no means is it one of my favorites. Can get it anywhere that's why I have it most of the time. Smell wasn't too bad either. Overall pretty average. (272 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -52.6%

If you told me this was iron water and not beer, I would probably believe you.

A: The clearest yellow I have ever seen. Already, I can tell I'm in for a very watery beer from the mere color. Fizzy.

S: Slight smell of hops with airy grains. Ricey.

T: A light cereal hop and malt flavor which quickly dies, incredibly watery. No aftertaste what-so-ever so at least it goes down quick and I can forget my shame.

M: Fully carbonated but hardly no flavor retention or body. Very watery.

O: This comes pretty damn close to the very bottom of my list of hads. At least I didn't die drinking this, so I guess that's a plus. I don't have too much to say about this beer on the positive side except for the fact I would accept it someone bought me one. It's a drink, and one that you can drink, but don't call it a beer. Extra .5 to overall on the fact that I would accept it if offered. (882 characters)

1.73/5  rDev -25.4%

If BMC are my only choices, then I'll go for a Miller Lite, but in this day and age of $6-8 beers at sporting events, I'm reaching more and more for water and leaving the beer drinking at home and at pubs!

Triple Hops Brewed must mean three (and only three) hops in each batch of beer... Better taste than it's counterparts from AB and Coors, but not by much. Carbonation level seems annoyingly high. (401 characters)

2.73/5  rDev +17.7%

12oz can poured into a pint glass

A- Clear, pale straw yellow color with a very small 1/2 inch head which dissapates very quickly. No lacing.

S- Not much going on here. A faint hint of rice and some grain.

T- From start to finish very crisp and smooth, however not much taste. It has very faint pilsner notes, but it's obvious that they just added water among other things.

M- High carbonation and clean mouthfeel.

D- About as drinkable a beer as there is. After all it's not meant for one at a time, it's meant for twenty. I can't completely beat up on this brew, after all, my wife and I were both holding these in our hands when we met. Good memories, good times, the best mass produced american light beer. (718 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +40.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

This is not a great beer, but it's the best of the light macros. Way better than Coors or Bud. This is the only light beer that I can truly enjoy casually drinking besides Sam Adams Light. (188 characters)

This is now my daily driver. It's really smooth and goes down easy and tastes like beer. There's some corn taste to it which I like but it's basically like every other beer. It doesn't give me a lot of horrible poops and farts; just some poops and farts. (254 characters)

It's technically beer, and it's wet, and usually cheap. If you want a buzz without great flavor getting in the way, well, here you go. Of the cheapies though (or the kinds of beer my in-laws will drink) this is the least-bad choice. (232 characters)

2.66/5  rDev +14.7%

The beer is a light yellow beer, with a thin consistency. It's a nice beer for hot days watching baseball or just hanging out. It's nice when you want a beer but it is hot and sticky out so you want something that has a thin thickness. It's watery, but refreshing. As long as you aren't looking for a beer to savor, and you just want something more than water. It has a little bit of a metal flavor, but is still a cool, refreshing beer. (437 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%

What is there to say really? Another mass produced light beer. While it may not be as horrible as most light beers, it is still nothing special. Watery mouthfeel with lots of carbonation. Smells a little better than soap mixed with urine. My choice hands down out of the big three (Bud, Miller, Coors) however. (310 characters)

2.16/5  rDev -6.9%

I usually buy this when I am out with friends and I have to drive. That is pretty much the only reason I have ever bought this.

A- Appearance is normal.

S- smells kind of skunky.

T- I dont really like the taste of this but its not unbearable.

M- mouthfeel is average.

D- I list drinkability as average only because its not that filling. I just dont like the taste enough to ever buy any. IMO Its just mass marketed crap. (425 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

Poured light straw with an average amount of carbonation. There's little color to this beer and I wasn't surprised to find no head retention. It tastes of light corn syrup with maybe a bit of grassy hops. Very sweet flavor, and the aftertaste isn't at all pleasant. (265 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -26.7%

This is the epitome of piss beer. I absolutely hate it. It is terrible from bottles, cans, and kegs. While it is a part of many good memories I wish I could forget this beer. It is cheap for a reason. I won't even call it drinkable because I hate it so much. (258 characters)

2.99/5  rDev +28.9%

While this beer is no where near my favorite it easily outperforms it's brother (Bud Light).

A- Macro Lager gold(almost clear) with very little head that dissipates quickly.

S- Cereal Grains, lighter and slightly sweeter smelling than other "ultra-popular" macro brews.

T- Very light, crisp, and refreshing like they would have you believe. Barely any taste to speak of, maybe a hint of malt and barely any detectable hoppiness.

M- Heavily carbonated with a medium light body.

D- Easy to drink with a better flavor than Budweiser. (535 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +11.2%

A couple weekends ago I was told to purchase the "cheapest bottled beer, 18-pack." This ended up being Miller Lite, much to everybody's dismay. But I thought the beer was OK.

But the vortex bottle was probably the most idiotic marketing scheme I have ever seen. No one quite understood what the vortex was supposed to be doing. After seconds of research on the internet, I concluded that the vortex contributes nothing, and the beer remains sub-par at best. However, it is not controversial in taste, smell, or look; just kind of nondescript. (544 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.