Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,105
3.2/5  rDev +37.9%

Another Light Lager, ahem, excuse me, "Lite" Lager.

All aspects of this beer are to be as expected from the style. It is called a Light Lager because the drinker wishes to sacrifice flavor and alcohol content for fewer calories/carbs. Miller Lite tastes ever so slightly better than its B and C opponents but not making it justifiable to purchase Miller Lite if it was any more expensive than BL or CL. (403 characters)

2.57/5  rDev +10.8%

Appearance: Light light yellow.

Smell: Smells like straw and beer. Generic beer smell associated with light American lagers.

Taste: Not much going on here. I can drink these given I'm at a party playing flippy cup, or there is no other option given. It has a distinct taste, compared to other light American lagers. It is uniquely Miller's flavor. Probably the corn.

Mouthfeel: Somewhere between a regular and a diet soda. Can actually be quite refreshing on a hot day, again, given there isn't an alternative. I'd go for a Sierra Nevada Summerfest lager.

Drinkability: Again, quite good. These are easy to drink beers either by the can, bottle, tap or pitcher. This is assuming you can get past the taste.

Overall, this is the probably the beer that gives beer a bad rep. Many would suggest this beer looks, smells and tastes like piss water... It's not quite that bad.

I'll drink these in group settings, say with a pitcher. That's about all it's good for. (965 characters)

2.78/5  rDev +19.8%

I've been consuming this on tap for awhile, since becoming 21.

Appearance: Well, you know? It's normal. Very clear, golden. Hay colored to say the least.

Smell: Not much going on. You really have to focus to get a whiff of anything. I mostly get corn from it and a slight malt flavor. I'm not really smelling any hops with this one.

Taste: Very light...woops sorry, I mean lite. I mean what do you expect? Predominately corny, very little malt and the slightest hit of used up hops graze the tongue at the end of the drink. It's a lite beer and that's what you have to expect.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated to high heaven. Almost burns my tongue. You know what though? I like it. It fits the beer very well. Beer goes down pretty easy and I end up doing about 7 or 8 of these before I call it a night...at the bar.

Overall. If I am at a bar that only has Budweiser, Coors, and this on tap, I will almost always go for this. Unless the Budweiser is actually Budweiser and not Bud Light. Actually wait...idk. Is there a difference? Miller Lite is ok but not worth the price to buy it by the pack. Better off with something cheaper like Strohs, Old Milwaukee, Schlitz, Milwaukee's Best, Blatz, or Pabst. (1,197 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -53.4%

Bottle, tap, no matter, it's crap.

Aroma is horrid. Smells like faint rice, typical lite lager water.

Tastes like adjunct piss water. WTF does triple hops brewed mean?

Avoid this one, I implore you. It's slightly less worse than Coor's and Bud, though.

Go with PBR, Old Style or Hamm's instead, if this is the swill you're after. (335 characters)

2.48/5  rDev +6.9%

Not bad. Not too smooth, but a good appearance. Easy to drink and not bad price. I would take i over most light beers but by no means is it one of my favorites. Can get it anywhere that's why I have it most of the time. Smell wasn't too bad either. Overall pretty average. (272 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -52.6%

If you told me this was iron water and not beer, I would probably believe you.

A: The clearest yellow I have ever seen. Already, I can tell I'm in for a very watery beer from the mere color. Fizzy.

S: Slight smell of hops with airy grains. Ricey.

T: A light cereal hop and malt flavor which quickly dies, incredibly watery. No aftertaste what-so-ever so at least it goes down quick and I can forget my shame.

M: Fully carbonated but hardly no flavor retention or body. Very watery.

O: This comes pretty damn close to the very bottom of my list of hads. At least I didn't die drinking this, so I guess that's a plus. I don't have too much to say about this beer on the positive side except for the fact I would accept it someone bought me one. It's a drink, and one that you can drink, but don't call it a beer. Extra .5 to overall on the fact that I would accept it if offered. (882 characters)

1.73/5  rDev -25.4%

If BMC are my only choices, then I'll go for a Miller Lite, but in this day and age of $6-8 beers at sporting events, I'm reaching more and more for water and leaving the beer drinking at home and at pubs!

Triple Hops Brewed must mean three (and only three) hops in each batch of beer... Better taste than it's counterparts from AB and Coors, but not by much. Carbonation level seems annoyingly high. (401 characters)

2.73/5  rDev +17.7%

12oz can poured into a pint glass

A- Clear, pale straw yellow color with a very small 1/2 inch head which dissapates very quickly. No lacing.

S- Not much going on here. A faint hint of rice and some grain.

T- From start to finish very crisp and smooth, however not much taste. It has very faint pilsner notes, but it's obvious that they just added water among other things.

M- High carbonation and clean mouthfeel.

D- About as drinkable a beer as there is. After all it's not meant for one at a time, it's meant for twenty. I can't completely beat up on this brew, after all, my wife and I were both holding these in our hands when we met. Good memories, good times, the best mass produced american light beer. (718 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +40.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

This is not a great beer, but it's the best of the light macros. Way better than Coors or Bud. This is the only light beer that I can truly enjoy casually drinking besides Sam Adams Light. (188 characters)

This is now my daily driver. It's really smooth and goes down easy and tastes like beer. There's some corn taste to it which I like but it's basically like every other beer. It doesn't give me a lot of horrible poops and farts; just some poops and farts. (254 characters)

It's technically beer, and it's wet, and usually cheap. If you want a buzz without great flavor getting in the way, well, here you go. Of the cheapies though (or the kinds of beer my in-laws will drink) this is the least-bad choice. (232 characters)

2.66/5  rDev +14.7%

The beer is a light yellow beer, with a thin consistency. It's a nice beer for hot days watching baseball or just hanging out. It's nice when you want a beer but it is hot and sticky out so you want something that has a thin thickness. It's watery, but refreshing. As long as you aren't looking for a beer to savor, and you just want something more than water. It has a little bit of a metal flavor, but is still a cool, refreshing beer. (437 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%

What is there to say really? Another mass produced light beer. While it may not be as horrible as most light beers, it is still nothing special. Watery mouthfeel with lots of carbonation. Smells a little better than soap mixed with urine. My choice hands down out of the big three (Bud, Miller, Coors) however. (310 characters)

2.16/5  rDev -6.9%

I usually buy this when I am out with friends and I have to drive. That is pretty much the only reason I have ever bought this.

A- Appearance is normal.

S- smells kind of skunky.

T- I dont really like the taste of this but its not unbearable.

M- mouthfeel is average.

D- I list drinkability as average only because its not that filling. I just dont like the taste enough to ever buy any. IMO Its just mass marketed crap. (425 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

Poured light straw with an average amount of carbonation. There's little color to this beer and I wasn't surprised to find no head retention. It tastes of light corn syrup with maybe a bit of grassy hops. Very sweet flavor, and the aftertaste isn't at all pleasant. (265 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -26.7%

This is the epitome of piss beer. I absolutely hate it. It is terrible from bottles, cans, and kegs. While it is a part of many good memories I wish I could forget this beer. It is cheap for a reason. I won't even call it drinkable because I hate it so much. (258 characters)

2.99/5  rDev +28.9%

While this beer is no where near my favorite it easily outperforms it's brother (Bud Light).

A- Macro Lager gold(almost clear) with very little head that dissipates quickly.

S- Cereal Grains, lighter and slightly sweeter smelling than other "ultra-popular" macro brews.

T- Very light, crisp, and refreshing like they would have you believe. Barely any taste to speak of, maybe a hint of malt and barely any detectable hoppiness.

M- Heavily carbonated with a medium light body.

D- Easy to drink with a better flavor than Budweiser. (535 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +11.2%

A couple weekends ago I was told to purchase the "cheapest bottled beer, 18-pack." This ended up being Miller Lite, much to everybody's dismay. But I thought the beer was OK.

But the vortex bottle was probably the most idiotic marketing scheme I have ever seen. No one quite understood what the vortex was supposed to be doing. After seconds of research on the internet, I concluded that the vortex contributes nothing, and the beer remains sub-par at best. However, it is not controversial in taste, smell, or look; just kind of nondescript. (544 characters)

3.54/5  rDev +52.6%

Good Ol Miller Lite. Its my favorite lite beer but its nothing to write home about.

A: Piss Yellow with a cheap head.

S: A typical beer "I smell the booze on you, have you been drinking?" scent.

T: very very light and no beer bloat. I could drink 20 of these and still feel just tipsy/buzzed and feel like I was drinking at all.

M: Excellent. Very light and thirst quenching!

D: Put on your drinking boots and put your liver to work cause you gotta work for the buzz! Its a good pizza beer. (495 characters)

2.09/5  rDev -9.9%

This is a social beer. It's nice if you've only got a ten in your pocket and want to down a six pack. It's good for getting drunk. However, it's watered down and not that complex. At least it's better than bud light. The one good aspect is that it can work well with a good bbq or a cheap New York Strip. (304 characters)

3.07/5  rDev +32.3%

Appearance: light yellow with a head that disapears as fast as it shows up
Smell: malts and hops a little more hops then the average big 3 light beers
Taste: Malts Corn and hint of hops
Mouthfeel: light bodied lots of carbonation a little watery
Drinkability: very drinkable in mass amounts it's my choice for bbq's beach river beer pong (338 characters)

2.34/5  rDev +0.9%

I'm supposed to be trying to loose some weight so I thought this is an area I could easily carve out some calories. I picked up a 12 pack of "vortex" bottles and decided I better not pour it into a glass but drink directly from the bottle. This was a good idea because Miller Lite looks like fizzy Ginger ale. Its ugly. Drinking from the bottle it has a refreshing beery taste and is aggressively carbonated. No sudsy mouthfeel here. You've got to chug this one right down. No aftertaste but sort of burns your throat. A good choice for drinking early in the day when you're playing horseshoes on the beach and enjoy burping with the guys. I wish MillerCoors would lose the gimmicky vortex bottle and labels encouraging texting to win prizes. In the end it is what it is. I'd buy it again but would advise never to pour it into a glass! See you when I drop 25 pounds! (867 characters)

2.53/5  rDev +9.1%

Pours very pale. The artificial carbonation is apparent.

Smells clean and grainy. Too clean, and not grainy enough.

The hops is here, but not enough. Corn plays too central a role on the palate. Tastes too much like water.

It's smooth, light, and very drinkable, but not so flavorful. (287 characters)

2.61/5  rDev +12.5%

Served out of a tiny 8oz can into a glass.

Appearance: Very light gold (straw-yellow) with a rocky head that left a fair amount of lacing on the sides of my glass.

Smell: Nothing really special here, something a bit metallic and grain?

Taste: Very light, some bready flavors, no real taste of alcohol.

Mouthfeel: A good deal of carbonation, goes down easy. Very light.

Drinkability: Low ABV and okay taste make this one quite drinkable. I'd drink it again in a pinch. (472 characters)

2.07/5  rDev -10.8%

I got this at a club and it was more pricey than Bud Light and it tastes JUST like Bud Light. It's not that great but it will do its duty if you want to get drunk. NOT a drink to have on it's own. Both this and Bud Light are lowsy beers because they have hardly any flavor at all. It's like having a soda water and I could not taste the hops in it. (348 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.