Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,136 | Ratings: 4,315
1.98/5  rDev -12.8%

Had this on tap at a restaurant just to try it.

A- A yellowish light gold color with a large foam head that had a long retention time. Looks like your typical light beer. Not impressive.

S- Grainy, hoppy, and watery. Like all other light beers out there.

T- You can taste the hops and some of the grains, but the watery taste is DEFINITELY in the picture.

M- Not impressive feel here because of the moderate carbonation along with the water. It almost feels like you are drinking water instead of Miller Lite.

D- Pretty drinkable, but that's what you expect for a light beer. It's not difficult to finish this in a few gulps. The good thing is this beer is commonly pretty cheap, meaning it won't dent your wallet to buy a few drafts and pound them down.

Overall, a step up from Natty Light, but still not very good, unless, however, you are a fan of light beer. I would probably reach for a MGD instead of this one.

3.88/5  rDev +70.9%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

3.01/5  rDev +32.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

I'm rating this because I give it more credit than Bud Light or Coors Light. While the three major domestics are very similar in their watered down, highly carbonated, ho-hum ways, Miller Lite does have a slightly different taste that stands out in a slightly better way than the other two. I can't give it the usual ratings like other beers. I just know it's a pilsner, it's a fantastic session beer in that I can drink a six or twelve pack in about an hour or two, and it's got a little bit more malty/grainy flavor to it that Bud or Coors. I'm also a consumer that is a sucker for all things vintage, and unlike its counterparts, they have wisely stuck with the retro label for the last couple years and it's probably why I am buying this beer a little more often than not. Nothing fancy--just a truly cheap, drinkable American beverage. A fine pilsner beer...indeed.

1.23/5  rDev -45.8%

I do enjoy the clever Miller Lite ads! My rationale was, "If they are amidst such a massive ad campaign, the quality must be WAY up!", a la, MGD in the late 80's and early 90's. Boy was I wrong.

I bought a sample pack (12) of cans at a QFC one day and was unable to finish more than a few before I realized I was drinking an ad campaign made of water, stale, dried out hops and moldy barley (plus the cattle fodder they add).

Appearance - looks like someone dipped a yellow crayon in warm water. Fizzy, pastel; utterly bland.

Smell - I hate the smell of corn in a beer; I hate the smell of this beer.

Taste - I managed to gag down a few because I chilled it to 29 degrees - which sufficiently numbed my taste buds (sorry, again, guys). Tastes like paint thinner and bottle caps mixed with fermented corn.

Mouthfeel - ashamed and violated

Drinkability - I have a case of Billy Beer from 1977 that is more drinkable. To paraphrase the immortal Snoopy, this beer wouldn't be drunk by a starving cat in a lifeboat.

1.23/5  rDev -45.8%

Straw yellow pour, no head. Boring.

Smell of just generic wheat and just general grain.

Taste is much of the same. Very wheaty. Very light.

Mouthfeel is just tastes like water with tons of carbonation injected into it. Gross.

If you don't want to spend much and just get a good drink on, sure this might be for you.

Unfortunately, I'm never really one of those guys. Awful.

3.05/5  rDev +34.4%

You can't go into this expecting a micro brew with a complex flavor and alot of body
and feel, or you will be heavily disappointed.
Honestly though, for a mainstream light beer though I don't find this very bad, but I am a big fan of pilsners in general (labatt etc)
So I mean it serves its purpose and goes down easy.

One of my original favorite beers. While my tastes have evolved , and I now much rather prefer beers with more taste, I still have a part of me loyal to this old beer. I've many memories through college and at Miller Park!

1.58/5  rDev -30.4%

Miller light is the heaviest of the light beers.

Light (very light) copper color with no head to talk about.

Taste of grain and alcohol. Not much of either.

Heavier body than most light beers but that isn't saying too much.

Would drink it if i am doing hard manual labor or just want to chug 13 beer in an afternoon.

3.06/5  rDev +34.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 5

A - Pours an apple juice color with a two-fingered head slowly dissipating to a transparent malty glaze less than 1mm thick. Decently carbonated - a plethora of bubbles were quickly floating to the top for a good five minutes after I began drinking the beer.

S - Malty. Couldn't really smell many other flavors.

T - Not much bite to it. Just some maltiness and carbonation. Very watery. Almost tastes like you're drinking liquefied corn.

M - Just because it looks like sparkling apple juice doesn't mean it will have the same consistency in thickness. It not only tastes, but also feels, watery, which adds to the "lite-ness" of the beer.

D - The only reason I gave drinkability a 5 is because I consider Miller Lite to be in the "party beer" category (like Yuengling, in my opinion). It's a decent beer to stock up on when having millions of people over to drink (much better than Coors Light or Bud Light). And I could have dozens and dozens and dozens of these without getting full. Well, maybe just one dozen, at most, before passing out in a puddle of my own drunken drool. When I want to get shitfaced with a bunch of friends for an affordable price, I usually pick up a few 18 packs of Miller Lite.

2.12/5  rDev -6.6%

"Four Time World Beer Cup Gold Award Winner. Best American Style Light Lager."

A - Pours a clear light gold with a bubbly white head.

S - In one word? Offensive. Strong corn, veggies, and grains too.

T - You guys add hops three times? Fooled me. There's a major grain impression that dominates the flavor profile. No wait, make that hay. Bale after bale of hay is what this tastes like.

M - Extremely thin, light as water. Excessive carbonation.

D - Being the son of water surely helps this beer go down one after another but the taste is sure to turn you away.

Final Thoughts: Blah

Well, i guess you could say this beer is bad. Your drinking this because you stole it or your from Ohio. I am not even going to describe the smell and taste because there isn't any. If you thought coors light was bad, this is that but watered down.

One time me and my friend decided to mix kool aid packets with the beer and it helped, it just tasted like carbonated kool aid

2.16/5  rDev -4.8%

Had a can of this left over from a rafting trip since everyone drank the good stuff first, so I figured I'd review it!
Looks pretty decent in the glass. Actually has some color to it, and a big foamy head. Smells like...beer, kind of grainy, a little musty, kind of like a keg party. Not too much flavor to describe really, a little bit of malt, and a little bit metallic, but nothing totally offensive. A whisper of aftertaste. The mouthfeel is fizzy and...fizzy. Overally drinkability is not horrible, probably due to the fact that the beer is engineered to be minimally offensive to any of your senses. As far as light beer goes, this one isn't horrible.

3.5/5  rDev +54.2%

I laugh at 90% of these reviews who think they know beer. This is the American light lager beer catagory. I actually prefer this brand over the others bud,coors, etc.
It has the best corn smell and has more hops Like I remember back in the 70's

Without all the drama a solid 3.5

Cheers

3.65/5  rDev +60.8%

From the Bros description for Light Lager category: "very low in malt flavor with a light and dry body. The hop character is low and should only balance with no signs of flavor or aroma."

Look: clear, light golden color; thin white head dissipates quickly and with no lacing
Smell: faint cooked vegetal aroma, like mixed vegetables boiling on the stove top
Taste: watery for sure; mildly sweet malt/cereal graininess
Feel: crisp mouthfeel; finishes clean rather than dry and no hop essence detected in nose, taste or finish

Overall: not my favorite lite beer (that would be Sam Adams Light) but this does hit most of the beer's category marks. Points deducted a bit since finish isn't dry, but maybe I'm spoiled by all the IPA/DIPA's I've consumed in the recent past.

2.85/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

A: Light yellow

S: Smells like watered down beer.

T: Not bad, but very watered down. This is like a middle reliever; comes in when the game is out of control.

M: Dry, watery and boring

O: I keep this on the shelf to carry me through the rough times. Start off top shelf, hit the well and the closer comes in the shut it down. Much better tasting than a AB serving. This beer is the guy that bounces between triple A and the Biggs without ever making it into the rotation.

2.35/5  rDev +3.5%

This is my go to "we're going to drink all day long" beer... Quantity rather than quality. Of the top 3 selling light beers, (Bud Light, Coors Light and this) This on is better than the other 2 options.

2.88/5  rDev +26.9%

Big name american light beer. That's what it is. Not worth the price for me. watered down high life pretty much, hell I don't think its a bad beer at all, I just don't see the attraction. Pretty average light beer. Thin, light body, dry after taste.

2.2/5  rDev -3.1%

Millier Lite looks good enough: clear light yellow color with a very small head. The carbonation is very active, the head disappears quickly leaving no lacing. I didn't notice any distinguishing aroma. The taste is mostly water, with all flavor surfacing after the beer has been on your tongue for a while. What you do taste isn't bad, but it isn't anything exciting either. Swallowing is easy and enjoyable enough. Better than most light beers.

3.83/5  rDev +68.7%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge.

3.4/5  rDev +49.8%

I think to be fair - you have to take into account you are reviewing a lite beer and that it is supposed be like it is....

As a light beer this is my favorite with Amstel a second - and Coors Light a distant third.

No head --- pale yellow color - not a lot of taste (more than coors light or bud lite) blah blah blah

Take it for what it is a beer to eat buffalo wings with or to wash down that bacon cheeseburger.

1.96/5  rDev -13.7%

Took the opportunity to give Miller Lite a proper review after being offered one by visiting family, here goes-

Pours with pale straw color, frothy head crackles like a soda and quickly recedes to a thin skim of bubbles.

Minimal aroma. Grain with a musty hint is the backbone, slight smell of grass clippings. So clean the 4.17% alcohol comes through in the background.

Taste starts with fleeting hint of a bready grain flavor, vaguely corny. Mildly sour, astringent character. finishes with a musty overcooked vegetable character reminiscent of canned broccoli and grass clippings steamed for hours. Leaves behind a faintly yeasty/vegetable aftertaste. Light bodied, goes down like water. Carbonation is high but easy on the tongue, avoiding the stinging seltzer water character of many similar brews.

Overall: A true testament to the power of mass-marketing. There is nothing really offensive about this beer's attributes but not much good either, except for the thirst-quenching properties in blazing summer heat. However, even for filling that niche there are better options.

3.98/5  rDev +75.3%

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one.

4.59/5  rDev +102.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I thought Miller Lite was actually a very good beer the first time I tried it in a small bar in Menominee, Michigan.It was served in a standard 12 ounce beer glass. I really liked the taste of the beer. I was able to notice the flavor of the hops within the Lite beer. The mouthfeel and texture were very smooth. I will have this beer again in the future.

2.17/5  rDev -4.4%

I've had many expensive small batch craft beers and many cheap Marco brews. I saw a 4 pack of tallboy cans of Miller Lite on sale and decided to try them. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Is it the best beer ever?, no, but it's not bad either. I know the "beer snobs" hate it, but I can't stand IPAs, which most snobs love, so I don't put much stock in their opinions. I find the taste to be rather pleasant. It's a good "mowin the lawn" beer. I'd buy it again when it goes back on sale.

2.38/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Ok...so it is what it is. I have to say for a lite beer it is one of the better beers. I will give it some props that it isn't just water like Coors Lite.

Pours a pale yellow and the smell is just that. Throw it down watching football if you must but if drinking a lite beer stick to something respectable like SA Light please.

It is what it is and ain't what it ain't...more ain't if you know what I mean.

Cheers...there are worse beers out there.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.