Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
View: Beers (28) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
BigRedN

Nebraska

2.17/5  rDev +0.9%

It seems like it has become commonplace for me to review a totally crappy beer, whenever I have good beer. Am I punishing myself? No, but I guess in order to appreciate what is really good, you must have what is really bad. This may also serve as a warning for those out there who may not know any better.

In addition, let me say that this is not my beer, has never been my choice of beer, nor my wife's choice of beer, nor anyones in our family's choice of beer (my father and father-in-law have strict brand loyalty to other beers). Instead, this is the beer of choice for some of our frends, who had a fridge full on New Years' Eve.

I suppose I could have done this review better justice and at least had one from a bottle, but why?

Appearance: Poured into a plastic souvenier (sp?) Treasure Island glass that once held a margarita that I bought while waiting for the pirate battle to begin. I got two, and I got to admit I like these glasses. Why did I have my own glassware at someone elses house you may ask? I always party prepared. I take an assortment of glassware with me, but there was no way I was going to pour this crap into a real glass container, and risk the glass getting broke over some Miller Lite. Where was I? Oh, yeah, the beer. Macro, nuf said.

Smell: Sweet, adjunct garbage.

Taste: Again sweet, which has been my experience with Miller products, moreso than any other macro.

Mouthfel: Light (or is that Lite?) bodied, highly carbonated.

Drinkability: High on a "Can pound down a bunch of these" drinkability scale. Very low on a "would I buy this again?" scale.

I think most BA's steer clear of this, unless its one of those "go to" beers for them (I admit to drinking Bud and Busch Light). If that is the case, fine, I can't hold that against anyone, Miller sells ALOT of this beer, just not my choice. I still do like their advertisements, especially the old Tastes great! Less filling! comercials.

01-18-2005 05:49:24 | More by BigRedN

02-17-2012 19:41:07 | More by DWolf
kshankar

District of Columbia

3.2/5  rDev +48.8%

Appearance: I can't believe I poured this just to see. I mean, this is obviously meant to be chugged from the can, or used in beer pong. Golden color, no head, no lacing. Expected

Aroma: Nothing really. Malts maybe. But yea, there is nothing here.

Taste: Minimal malts, but overall its pretty tasteless. Has very little bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Thin, watery and bland. Crisp though, refreshing.

Drinkability: I think this is what this beer is meant for..drinking a lot of or playing beer pong. Its fairly refreshing and light, and serves its purpose as a drinkable beer.

Its not aiming to be craft, so I can't judge it next to a craft beer.

09-22-2008 03:24:13 | More by kshankar

12-16-2012 13:45:35 | More by Eastside151
J_Dub

05-01-2014 23:52:00 | More by J_Dub
BeerAngel

Watered down look and watered down skunk taste. OK, here we go...I wasn't going to do this, but I can't help it. This is what Miller's R&D team manager said at the last meeting before they produced Miller Lite. "Let's get some bad tasting water and really screw it up, put it in a can, market the mess out of it (because we know this works...see Coors Light), and we'll sell it and tell people they like it, then by the time they figure out this isn't really beer at all, we'll all be rich!" Enough said.

12-23-2001 01:30:32 | More by BeerAngel

2.25/5  rDev +4.7%

08-01-2013 18:52:13 | More by AKuehn47
BDIMike

3.63/5  rDev +68.8%

While it may not be the most popular or best selling light beer in America, Miller Lite is definitely the best tasting. That point cannot be argued. As far as light beers go, Miller presents us with much more taste and mouthfeel than other leading light beers. The only light beer that can rival it is Sam Adams Light. I am a big fan of paying for and drinking better beers, however, if I plan to drink all night (maybe a little in excess) the beer that I choose is one that I can handle a lot of and enjoy the taste: Miller Lite.

08-05-2007 02:45:21 | More by BDIMike
beertaster13

Washington

2.42/5  rDev +12.6%

Miller Lite is probably the best of the Lite beers, but that is not saying much. The appearance is a straw yellow with a smell sorta fruity. The taste is not bad actually, tastes like apricot sort of. I could drink a lot of these on a hot sticky summer day, not bad as far as the cheap beers are concerned.

02-17-2004 01:38:16 | More by beertaster13
unclejimbay

2.45/5  rDev +14%

Miller Lite
Miller Brewing Co. / SABMiller
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.17 %

Reviewed 10/1/08 @ home, bottle>pilsner glass
A 2.0 - very light golden color, 1 finger head - gone quick, noticeable carbonation
S 1.5 - noticeable skunky aroma - this is the Miller Lit trademark in my book! Smells like stale water!
T 3.0 - tastes okay, better than I remember as the smell always turns me off. Tase aloen - mild hoppy-ness, good clean aftertaste
MF 2.0 - crisp, but mainly watery carbonation
D - 2.5 smell is a big turn off for me. Taste is okay, I would drink it for free or if it's the only option.

02-28-2009 23:16:39 | More by unclejimbay
cyclonece09

Maryland

2.2/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12 oz can into a 9 oz sampling glass from the Miller Brewery. Pours a straw color. Has a white head of nice size, but this disappears quite quickly. Smells of sweet grains, probably from the corn being used in the brewing, but not that strong. Almost no taste at all. Mainly water, but has a slight taste of beer. Goes down smooth, but again, it is like carbonated water with a little beer taste, but definitely drinkable for long periods. Overall, not that great of a beer, but ok considering the style.

02-02-2012 05:00:21 | More by cyclonece09

12-16-2011 00:22:03 | More by tyleeis
Cavanaghty

Maine

2.25/5  rDev +4.7%

Poured from a can into a pint glass.

Appearance: Clear yellow, with about 2 fingers of white head, little bit of lacing.

Smell: Sugar, alcohol, corn, rice, malts. Nothing really sticks out.

Mouthfeel/Taste: Smooth light bodied. Sweet corn and rice, with alcohol.

Overall: For a light lager it is not bad, but far from my first choice for beer.

10-26-2012 22:17:21 | More by Cavanaghty

01-17-2014 12:05:22 | More by SoCaliC8
UncleAddie

Arizona

11-19-2011 16:55:10 | More by UncleAddie
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.