Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,079 | Reviews: 1,212
1.68/5  rDev -22.6%

A friend left a couple of bottles in my fridge, so what the hell. The bottle actually says "355 mL" -- they don't export this crap, do they?

Pours a dehydrated piss yellow with a fluffy white head that quickly fades to white patchiness in the center of my glass. Poured into an Arrogant Bastard shaker to try to scare it into tasting like something.

Smells like water. Honestly, I smell nothing.

Has some taste though. By some, I mean hardly any. If you soaked some corn in some vodka and boiled off most of the alcohol, I think you'd be pretty close to this recipe. I used to think that this stuff tasted terrible when I drank it in high school; now I don't think it tastes like much of anything, good or overly bad.

Mouthfeel? Ha, sure. Nope.

Unfortunately, there's one more of these in my fridge. Hopefully someone will come over soon and discard it for me. Probably tastes good if poured into a funnel.

I have fond memories of trying this in high school, proclaiming, "I hate beer," and promptly swilling a liter or so of Jim Beam. Ah, how I've grown.

2.16/5  rDev -0.5%

12 oz bottle poured into pint glass

A: Yellow, very little head.

S: Smells of corn and just reminds me of wet dirt. Maybe some hops.

T: Just as the smell the major taste here is corny.

M: Light, crisp, carbonated. Somehow it seems to cling to my tongue a bit afterwards.

D: Definitely easy to drink, but it's more enjoyable to drink it quickly in order to be refreshed rather sip it to savor the taste.

A good choice only when your options are very limited like at a ball game or a bad party and you definitely want a beer.

2.83/5  rDev +30.4%

Im using almost the same reviews for American style light lagers

not gonna bother with serving type,
Im not the type to bash beers, for a company so successful, they can be given at least a respectable unbiased review, true beer drinkers are quick to bash american light lagers, but some are good for certain times, i cant sit at a game and throw back IPAs, or bourbon aged beers, but a light lager with a hot dog and peanuts on a hot day isnt so bad. Im a big beer pong fan, wont play with a $20 bottle of brooklyn black ops, now a review

Very pale yellow, white foamy head that can fade quick, light body mostly cause of using sugar and rice to keep the ABV up, the only way i can descibe the aroma is "beer" hops are faint just to make it enough to call it beer, Miller is among the best for this style of beer, its my "go to" when i go somewhere and dont wanna ask or think of a beer to drink, my dart game beer

2.77/5  rDev +27.6%

Serving- 12 oz vortex bottle

Appearance: Very light and pale yellow in color with a small amount of carbonation.

Smell: Very clean cut, some floral tones with a hint of wheat.

Taste and Feel: Light grain flavor, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The carbonation mixes with a slight steely flavor, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavor in the back of the mouth and tongue.

1.65/5  rDev -24%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

The old school logo tricks me into buying this every now and then in the summer. I'd put it a bit higher than Bud Light.

1.73/5  rDev -20.3%

A&S: Pours golden, very clear and with about two fingers worth of head with pretty good retention. Smells like corn.

T&M: Zero taste as it hits the tongue. Flavor comes on later, tastes like barely anything and not much else with a kind of gross aftertaste. Mouthfeel is like bubbly water.

D: I think the drinkability they advertise refers to the fact that you have to drink it quickly to avoid the bad taste. Also, as it warms the taste gets worse and worse until it tastes sort of like vomit. Only reason I'm drinking this one because I'm all out of my tasty IPAs and these are left over from when I had friends over ages ago.

2.67/5  rDev +23%

Pouted from a 12oz. can into a pint glass.

This is a review based on what this beer is, a standard light adjunct macro beer. This review does not reflect how this beer compares to craft brews.

A: Light yellow, very pale, very clear and transparent. Inch or so of solid white head fizzes up like soda and disappears almost immediately, leaving a small trace of lacing. There's nothing really attractive about it.

S: Smells like a beer. Boiled corn and maybe a note of hops, soured/fermented vegetable aroma.

T: Tastes almost the same as the other macro light adjuncts (Bud Light, Coors Light) - this one is a little stronger on the nasty fermented corn flavor than the others. Some people consider this a plus, I don't.

M: Soda. Feels like carbonated water. Not much else to say.

O: It is, as I and others have already stated, this is pretty much your average macro light beer. In all honesty, if given the choice, I'd probably take this over Bud Light, but I'd probably take a Coors Light before this one, not that there's much difference at all between them, but that's all subjective.

1.38/5  rDev -36.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Best macro light beer. What I drink after a couple of craft beers.

This beer tastes like gold.

1.6/5  rDev -26.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Well. This is a vapid, barely concealed mockery of beerdom. It's nothing. I couldn't take the ratings even down to 1 because it lacks enough personality to be awful. Barely any aroma, only the slightest hint of color and the taste is so watered down so as to make the carbonation dominate any possible flavor.

2.5/5  rDev +15.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

An ok light beer, way overrated in my opinion.

A: A light yellow with a quickly fading heading, very unimpressive.

S: Average hop smell, nothing special, smells of cheap malts.

T: Very watery, average hop pressence, and a slight grainy taste.

M: Decent mouthfeel, not too bubbly, hey I mean it's Miller Light.

D: Decent drinkability, goes down smooth but a little acidy.

Pretty good for a light beer, nothing special, nothing too terrible. Ta Ta.

3.82/5  rDev +76%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock.

Miller is decent for a macro light. Bought one the other day. Miller is good. Better than bud light as far as taste. Compared to other macro light lagers this is a good one. More flavor. Ice cold it's a refreshing beer. I rate beers in this category against others in its class. Against Bud and Coors, this one is probably the best. And this is coming from a guy that is primarily a coors drinker. I don't know why i drink it more than miller really. Miller really is better.

2.82/5  rDev +30%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Meh...not bad for a light lager, I guess.

1.33/5  rDev -38.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

I read on a post below that having a beer like this, makes us appreciate a good beer. I drink this beer on a hot Lake Havasu summer as I am watching the madness at the channel. Good to hydrate with.

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water.

2.24/5  rDev +3.2%

very pale..a tinge of golden color, quick head...bubbles galore

smell is half appetizing malt half corn chip half frathouse

to be honest the front tastes just fine.. slim and malty without enough flavor but not bad... afterwards there is metallic, corny, husky and a mild teabag finish

goes down like tanya gibbons in the 7th grade... easily but a little rough around the edges... a little dry and bubbly

the term pissypants comes to mind.. and ooo i can feel my waist slimming as i sip!

if you could press it into a crunchy triangle shape this would make an amazing accompaniment to some chunky salsa, melted nacho cheese and homemade guacamole

4.55/5  rDev +109.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a football textured 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- A nice clear yellow color. Lots of bubbles streaming up. A finger of head that dissipates into a thin frothy ring. Leaves a good amount of lacing.

S- Very faint corn smell. Maybe a tiny hops. Water. Not offensive

T- Fresh clean watery taste. Water, Corn, Hops, slight metallic taste. Not much malts. Not offensive. A nice light grassy aftertaste.

M- Highly carbonated. Crisp. The bubbles tickle the mouth. Refreshing.

Drinkability- Very smooth and goes down easy. Awesome drinkability.

O- Overall, I think this is an awesomely refreshing light beer for a hot day.
It really quenches the thirst without any bad off tastes. Way better than most other light beers.

1.93/5  rDev -11.1%

A lot can be said for the conditions when drinking a beer. I only remotely enjoy an ice cold Miller Lite after some yard work on a blistering hot day or when I am dehydrated. It is almost like water but with way too much carbonation. Little smell and taste. I recommend. To Avoid this beer if at all possible.

Compared to Bud and Coors, this stuff is just aweful and I don't know how it manages to sell. It goes for the same price as the above mentioned beers but tastes like urine. I would honestly settle for a Keystone or Natty before allowing this stuff to enter my body.

4.12/5  rDev +89.9%

Pours a beautiful crystal clear yellow.

The aroma is kinda lagery and corny.

Tastes of water corn and rice with a touch of skunk.

Mouthfeel is quite nice. It's smooth light and crisp.

For what it is I think it's a great easy drinking beach beer.

1.88/5  rDev -13.4%

A: Typical adjunct lager see through yellow.

S: Wet grain.

T: Pretty smooth and easy drinking. Very watery. No distinct flavors. Basic default "beer" flavor.

M: Nice easy drinking with nice carbonation. Crisp refreshing finish.

O: Pretty much made to get drunk with. Watered down to the point that it is like beer flavored liquid instead of beer. No odd taste like Bud though which helps it. I would take a Michelob Ultra if you want a light adjunct lager.

2.82/5  rDev +30%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Beer and cigarettes. Sometimes the combination is just too appealing. But of course I don't want to ruin a tastey brew with smokey treats...so this is where Miller Lite comes in. Miller Lite, to me, tastes FINE. It's not bad at all. Sure, it's not delicious, but it has some flavor and it goes down smooth.

This is probably my favorite macro, especially out of BMC. I compared this to Bud Light last night since it happened to be available at my buddy's house, and I really prefered Miller.

1.88/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

On pour this had a light golden color similar to most of the mass market light beers with a head that developed and disappeared very quickly. The beer had a grainy/sour smell which began to scare me. The taste finished that scare with little flavor besides water and a waxy crayon feel left in my mouth. It would be drinkable in quantity if one could choke down the the first 2 however it will take a better man than I to do that

1.6/5  rDev -26.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.