Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,106

It's technically beer, and it's wet, and usually cheap. If you want a buzz without great flavor getting in the way, well, here you go. Of the cheapies though (or the kinds of beer my in-laws will drink) this is the least-bad choice. (232 characters)

2.66/5  rDev +14.7%

The beer is a light yellow beer, with a thin consistency. It's a nice beer for hot days watching baseball or just hanging out. It's nice when you want a beer but it is hot and sticky out so you want something that has a thin thickness. It's watery, but refreshing. As long as you aren't looking for a beer to savor, and you just want something more than water. It has a little bit of a metal flavor, but is still a cool, refreshing beer. (437 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%

What is there to say really? Another mass produced light beer. While it may not be as horrible as most light beers, it is still nothing special. Watery mouthfeel with lots of carbonation. Smells a little better than soap mixed with urine. My choice hands down out of the big three (Bud, Miller, Coors) however. (310 characters)

2.16/5  rDev -6.9%

I usually buy this when I am out with friends and I have to drive. That is pretty much the only reason I have ever bought this.

A- Appearance is normal.

S- smells kind of skunky.

T- I dont really like the taste of this but its not unbearable.

M- mouthfeel is average.

D- I list drinkability as average only because its not that filling. I just dont like the taste enough to ever buy any. IMO Its just mass marketed crap. (425 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

Poured light straw with an average amount of carbonation. There's little color to this beer and I wasn't surprised to find no head retention. It tastes of light corn syrup with maybe a bit of grassy hops. Very sweet flavor, and the aftertaste isn't at all pleasant. (265 characters)

1.7/5  rDev -26.7%

This is the epitome of piss beer. I absolutely hate it. It is terrible from bottles, cans, and kegs. While it is a part of many good memories I wish I could forget this beer. It is cheap for a reason. I won't even call it drinkable because I hate it so much. (258 characters)

2.99/5  rDev +28.9%

While this beer is no where near my favorite it easily outperforms it's brother (Bud Light).

A- Macro Lager gold(almost clear) with very little head that dissipates quickly.

S- Cereal Grains, lighter and slightly sweeter smelling than other "ultra-popular" macro brews.

T- Very light, crisp, and refreshing like they would have you believe. Barely any taste to speak of, maybe a hint of malt and barely any detectable hoppiness.

M- Heavily carbonated with a medium light body.

D- Easy to drink with a better flavor than Budweiser. (535 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +11.2%

A couple weekends ago I was told to purchase the "cheapest bottled beer, 18-pack." This ended up being Miller Lite, much to everybody's dismay. But I thought the beer was OK.

But the vortex bottle was probably the most idiotic marketing scheme I have ever seen. No one quite understood what the vortex was supposed to be doing. After seconds of research on the internet, I concluded that the vortex contributes nothing, and the beer remains sub-par at best. However, it is not controversial in taste, smell, or look; just kind of nondescript. (544 characters)

3.54/5  rDev +52.6%

Good Ol Miller Lite. Its my favorite lite beer but its nothing to write home about.

A: Piss Yellow with a cheap head.

S: A typical beer "I smell the booze on you, have you been drinking?" scent.

T: very very light and no beer bloat. I could drink 20 of these and still feel just tipsy/buzzed and feel like I was drinking at all.

M: Excellent. Very light and thirst quenching!

D: Put on your drinking boots and put your liver to work cause you gotta work for the buzz! Its a good pizza beer. (495 characters)

2.09/5  rDev -9.9%

This is a social beer. It's nice if you've only got a ten in your pocket and want to down a six pack. It's good for getting drunk. However, it's watered down and not that complex. At least it's better than bud light. The one good aspect is that it can work well with a good bbq or a cheap New York Strip. (304 characters)

3.07/5  rDev +32.3%

Appearance: light yellow with a head that disapears as fast as it shows up
Smell: malts and hops a little more hops then the average big 3 light beers
Taste: Malts Corn and hint of hops
Mouthfeel: light bodied lots of carbonation a little watery
Drinkability: very drinkable in mass amounts it's my choice for bbq's beach river beer pong (338 characters)

2.34/5  rDev +0.9%

I'm supposed to be trying to loose some weight so I thought this is an area I could easily carve out some calories. I picked up a 12 pack of "vortex" bottles and decided I better not pour it into a glass but drink directly from the bottle. This was a good idea because Miller Lite looks like fizzy Ginger ale. Its ugly. Drinking from the bottle it has a refreshing beery taste and is aggressively carbonated. No sudsy mouthfeel here. You've got to chug this one right down. No aftertaste but sort of burns your throat. A good choice for drinking early in the day when you're playing horseshoes on the beach and enjoy burping with the guys. I wish MillerCoors would lose the gimmicky vortex bottle and labels encouraging texting to win prizes. In the end it is what it is. I'd buy it again but would advise never to pour it into a glass! See you when I drop 25 pounds! (867 characters)

2.53/5  rDev +9.1%

Pours very pale. The artificial carbonation is apparent.

Smells clean and grainy. Too clean, and not grainy enough.

The hops is here, but not enough. Corn plays too central a role on the palate. Tastes too much like water.

It's smooth, light, and very drinkable, but not so flavorful. (287 characters)

2.61/5  rDev +12.5%

Served out of a tiny 8oz can into a glass.

Appearance: Very light gold (straw-yellow) with a rocky head that left a fair amount of lacing on the sides of my glass.

Smell: Nothing really special here, something a bit metallic and grain?

Taste: Very light, some bready flavors, no real taste of alcohol.

Mouthfeel: A good deal of carbonation, goes down easy. Very light.

Drinkability: Low ABV and okay taste make this one quite drinkable. I'd drink it again in a pinch. (472 characters)

2.07/5  rDev -10.8%

I got this at a club and it was more pricey than Bud Light and it tastes JUST like Bud Light. It's not that great but it will do its duty if you want to get drunk. NOT a drink to have on it's own. Both this and Bud Light are lowsy beers because they have hardly any flavor at all. It's like having a soda water and I could not taste the hops in it. (348 characters)

1.82/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

The first thing I noticed, this beer smells like a doctors office. Kind of that weird super sterile alcohol smell that makes you think you'll get a super virus. it has a bitter taste with a slightly skunky aftertaste. At least is is pretty smooth so it does have that going for it. (281 characters)

1.32/5  rDev -43.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

There are not much positives when it comes to Miller Lite. In terms of taste it goes down smooth and quick. The problem for ML is that when put in a competition with Bud Lite or Coors Lite it will lose every time. In terms of price, you can get much more satisfying products for either equal to or lesser of a price. (316 characters)

2.3/5  rDev -0.9%

A lot of beer snobs out there hate light beer and especially Miller Lite. It seems to be ground zero for the haters. I have made this beer my choice for years. It is highly drinkable and refreshing. You can go all day on this stuff. Have a couple of craft beers then switch to this brew and never leave the party. Maybe get lucky. (330 characters)

2.21/5  rDev -4.7%

ok, i am not a big american beer drinker, so when i went out the my friends bought a pitcher of this, i was like i not paying for it so i'll try to drink it. It wasn't bad compared to lets say Bud Light. But it was very light in color, lighter than urine. It had no smell or anything that would give even a blind person a hint it was beer. The taste wasn't bad, but watery, neither tasting great, and very less filling. Let this be a lession, buy what you drink and don't let other buy for you! (494 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +46.6%

great taste less filling... not brewed for flavor but brewed to get you drunk! well yeah it is brewed for flavor compared to bud light which tastes like carbonated water but lets not get into how bad bud light is. a good beer if you want to drink a thousand of something and still be able to eat snacks while watching a game. not my favorite, but will buy again (361 characters)

1.57/5  rDev -32.3%

I'm glad this beer is getting the popularity it deserves on BA. Think about why it's being drunk. Advertising, advertising, accessibility. The only reason people drink light American lagers is because it's all they know. "Awwww..brahhh..miller light over bud light anny day." Sound familiar? It's not you right?

Pours crystal clear, and tastes crystal light. By no means is it easy to control a living organism like yeast to do exactly what you want, every single time. For this they get points on appearance.

I'm trying to be objective and rate beer based off of the style, not personal bias. But alas! I can't. (614 characters)

2.94/5  rDev +26.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Not bad but not good. I taste a lot of oats but not in a good way. It has no complexities and tastes just like weird flavored water. Couldn't tell you anything it tastes or smells like because it tastes that bad. (215 characters)

2.41/5  rDev +3.9%

My second-ever review and it's that most amazing of beers, Miller Lite. And what is with "lite" anyway?

Mega-mammoth can poured into a pilsner glass.

A - Clear and gold with a big white head that dissipates fairly quickly and leaves some light hints of lace. Fairly attractive, actually.

S - The aroma isn't as bad as I feared. Some cut grass and some corn and a little malt. Faint, but inoffensive.

T - Very little flavor. It's fairly watery with just hints of barley hop and malt and a little of the corn from the nose. A little sweetness on the finish.

M - Mouthfeel is acceptable. It's pretty fizzy and when cold is at least refreshing.

D - Easy drinking and refreshing while cold. If you can get past the lack of flavor you can drink it all day.

A fairly standard light lager. Not my cup of tea, but not awful. (823 characters)

4.45/5  rDev +91.8%

this is a classic lager with a very high drinkability anfd a good taste. the beer is very generic but flavor is nice. this i one of choice for my wife and most of the community and I think is because of the less filling part of the beer. the phrase drink more and feel less full is the term well said. This beer i like but I don't buy too much of. (347 characters)

2.12/5  rDev -8.6%

Appearance: Clear, golden-yellow, poor carbonation, poor head.
Smell: Unknown
Taste: Hops, some barley.
Mouthfeel: Thin, light, little carbonation.
Drinkability: Average. Tastes close to water, so in theory it would be possible to slam several. Though I only drank one. Probably would not drink this beer again.
Summary: This is a horrible beer. I gave it a 5.5/10, or an F. I understand that this is a light beer, but still the taste is crap, the ingredients are chemical crap, and the appearance is pathetic. The only saving points in this beer are the 96 calories, (at least I won't have to work out too long to burn off this mistake), and the drinkability ( I can drink this quickly, but at the same time I can drink Everclear and water if my goal is to get blitzed...) Unless I am completely drunk, I will not drink this beer again. (837 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.