Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

2.59/5  rDev +19.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

although it isn't my first choice anymore, I still don't mind drinking it. It was my go to in high school and is easy to drink in large quantities. Not a beer to really enjoy

2.7/5  rDev +25%

Wow, finally getting a chance to tick a major box with this one, can't believe I'm actually drinking a Miller Lite. No, seriously - I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ACTUALLY DRINKING A MILLER LITE. (How did this happen?)

Wanna thank my drinking buddies for all going with a classic "beer and a shot" tonight. Can't imagine another scenario by which I actually end up drinking this beer, so, thanks guys.

Classic white can, says "a fine pilsner beer". Guess we'll see?

It's a frothy pour. It's clean, and yeah, bland. It's not so bad, I guess. If I was drinking a beer just to drink a beer, and I didn't care a whit about flavor, if I just wanted something to back my whiskey, then okay, this isn't a terrible option, you're not a bad person for drinking it. Maybe with a crazy spicy meal.

Use it like the pink, pickled ginger you get with sushi - as a palate cleanser - and you're on defensible ground. But in any other situation, if you order this over other craft options, then yeah, maybe you ARE a bad person...

2.75/5  rDev +27.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

There is a time and place for it.

1.65/5  rDev -23.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

The old school logo tricks me into buying this every now and then in the summer. I'd put it a bit higher than Bud Light.

2.11/5  rDev -2.3%

Appearance: pours a 1" white head that drops rapidly with very faint lacing. Color is clear pale straw with plenty of streaming carbonation.
Aroma: mild corn sweetness and water.
Mouthfeel: light and fairly crisp.
Flavor: some corn sweetness, a bit of lightly toasted barley, no hops discernible.
Overall: it is what it is. No off flavors and not offensive but not much different from mineral water either.

1.69/5  rDev -21.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Nothing special here just another watered down light beer. Easy to drink but that is most likely due to the lack of flavor.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

3.83/5  rDev +77.3%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

3.1/5  rDev +43.5%

Lite looks like piss. Smells nothing like good beer and has an aroma of old stale keg. But alas lest we forget. It tastes great. I won't drink coors light or bud light but for some reason a 12 pack of lite by miller never seems like a bad decision after they are gone. It just really damned drinkable. Period. I can't say that about whale testicle beer now can I?

2.09/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

1.17/5  rDev -45.8%

Really bad beer. It smells/tastes like beer that has sat out for a few days, water added, then refrigerated. Maybe the worst beer I have ever drank.

2.52/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Worst beer I've ever had. I know that the rating system is never supposed to be all 1s or all 5s, I get it...but there's no hope for Miller with this one. They should probably just shut down and stop feeding the bros.

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

3.82/5  rDev +76.9%

Classic American beer for holidays

3.09/5  rDev +43.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I feel like a fool for never reviewing this, as I have had 10,456 of them. If I give it a bad review, it will make me look like a masochist. One of things I like about this beer is that I can buy a 30 pack at Costco for 45 cents. Once I get them home I find them to be either a nice way to start the night (as they don't count as a drink) or a great way to end the night (don't waste a good drink if you can't stand up). This beer is liquid and not poisonous which gives it good points. It has little taste and makes me pee a lot which is bad. Overall I will likely buy 500 more of them this year, so I give it a thumbs up

2.92/5  rDev +35.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

I give Miller Lite a slightly higher overall score because it accomplishes its objective well; it's a cheap, ubiquitous macro beer that doesn't completely offend the palate. There are beers a whole lot worse than that.

3.08/5  rDev +42.6%

"Less Filling...Tastes Fucking Great" !!!

2.82/5  rDev +30.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

An average, cheap beer, not much for the connoisseur but for the generic bar-goer

3.61/5  rDev +67.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

This beer is pretty good.

1.96/5  rDev -9.3%

I drank this for the first time in my adult life last summer while staying in a rental house outside Charlevoix, MI. The weather was beautiful, the sun was hot, and I hadn't had a chance to make a run for my traditional Bell's and Short's. The folks who had just left left behind some food and drinks they weren't taking with them, and among those items was two cans of the Miller Lite.
I figured I'd have one. Really, what's the worst that could happen? I cracked open a can and walked around the property, taking in the breathtaking view of a valley of conifers and Grand Traverse Bay in the distance. I sipped, thinking it wasn't half bad. It wasn't great by any means, but it was ice cold, with a bland but inoffensive flavor and a mouthfeel of something slightly thicker than water.
I thought for a few minutes that Miller Lite had gotten a bad rep for no good reason; every beer has its place and Miller Lite's was here.
But then it got warm.
Halfway through the can it became less than ice cold and a foul, putrid taste rushed into its place. It coated the tongue and lips and offended the nose. I poured that garbage out and apologized to the wild grass it soaked.
Moral of the story: If you gotta drink Miller Lite, drink it cold and drink it fast.

2.44/5  rDev +13%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.