Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
View: Beers (28) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
fizzy

This beer is sold in 16oz brown plastic bottles, in 3.2%, at the local Willmar Stingers baseball park. It is the only beer sold there. If you don't want 3.2 Miller Lite then you don't have a second choice. In 3.2%, the only type of this brand of lite I have tried, there is a lot left to be desired. I have tasted non alcoholic beverage that tasted better than this. Triple hops? Exactly what are they talking about. I can't, for the life of me, find any hop taste or aroma at all. I like beers with lots of hops so I know what I am looking for.
My advice is to stay away from this beer, at least in 3.2% anyway. Of course, unless you are stuck at a ballpark, on a hot evening with nothing else to drink.

06-22-2010 23:09:10 | More by fizzy
JoeyBeerBelly

3.33/5  rDev +54.9%

From a keg to a standard pint glass.

L - clear yellow color with a white head that went away in a few minutes.
S - I sure don't smell the 'triple hops' but it smells like beer.
T - I found this to be a little above average for the style.
F - crisp and refreshing to wash down food.
D - easy drinking and not too filling.

06-21-2010 01:11:18 | More by JoeyBeerBelly
greengorilla

2.3/5  rDev +7%

I had this beer poured out of a 12 ounce bottle into a mug. This was the first time I had had this one in quite a while.

It is pale yellow with some white fizzy head that dissipates quickly.

The smell is of grain.

The taste is watery and a little bit of grain. I can't pick up the triple hops.

The mouthfeel is carbonate and alright.

I was not real impressed with the drinkability. I will keep the rest of the six pack in the fridge for friends who prefer this kind of beer.

06-15-2010 13:49:20 | More by greengorilla
cervezale

Mexico

1.08/5  rDev -49.8%

Miller Lite is an american macrobrew from SAB Miller Company. It is the light version of Miller High Life.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formation and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

06-11-2010 19:01:20 | More by cervezale
Kooz

1.85/5  rDev -14%

There is no nose. I'm sure if I let this sit overnight, like I did a decade ago after college parties, it would stink. But fresh off the tap, it has no odor. Weird.

Of all the mega-brewery light (lite) beers, this might have the best color, which is not saying much at all. It's very pale, with a head that dissipates almost immediately. It leaves no lacing at all. If not for the flavor, I'd say it was carbonated water.

And speaking of flavor, there's a distinct bitterness, and a flavor I can't place except to say it tastes artificial, for whatever that's worth (which isn't much, I know. Sorry).

Mouthfeel is like carbonated water. Not quite as carbonated as club soda, but fizzy water. Too fizzy for beer. Yeah, fizzy is a good word for it.

Drinkability has to b what raises this from an F to a D in most people's ratings, since they remember using this for funnels (beerbongs), shotguns, etc. But really, this is not a drinkable beer. It's just gross, and you probably need to suffer through a half dozen before you stop noticing.

06-10-2010 21:13:23 | More by Kooz
aval89

2.13/5  rDev -0.9%

poured a 24oz can into my big 25oz mug..

nice head formed but quickly went down..typical golden cheap lager color..

smell was cooked veggies...a little grainy.. metallic smelling..tried my hardest to pick up any of that triple hopped brews stuff... nope haha

taste was very bland..cooked corn, metallic a bit...a little grainy..watery....has a weird aftertaste...not hops though..couldnt make out what it was..

medium carbonation... very very light..

there easy to drink, but when it comes to adj lagers..this one isnt for me... haha.. I'll stick to pbr for now

cheers!

06-10-2010 01:12:08 | More by aval89
BeerandBeer

1.35/5  rDev -37.2%

Just plain old bad tasting beer/water. I am ashamed and embarresed that I do partake in this beer. This is my father-in-laws beer of choice. He drinks it since its cheap and it goes down fast. I have to drink it cause it is there at his house. Fortunately my mother-in-law drinks wine, so I am able to drink that while visiting. Nothing good to say about this beer, though my father-in-law is excited about the new "vortex" bottle. I guess this would apparently make it go down faster so you don't have to taste the beer.

06-07-2010 16:31:30 | More by BeerandBeer
HURTemHIZZY

2.33/5  rDev +8.4%

Pours a clear straw yello with a 2 finger very fizzy pure white head that dissipates in almost no time and leaves no lacing down the glass.

Smells like cereal grains, with a tiny bit of citrus hop aroma.

Tastes exactly like the smell. The little bit of citrus hop flavor puts it ahead of bud and coors imo. I also haven't had bud or coors for a while, so maybe I'll revisit to see which macro wins the race.

Mouthfeel is ridiculously thin and overly carbonated. This is the worst aspect of the beer.

06-04-2010 18:08:33 | More by HURTemHIZZY
tigg924

3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

Appearance: 1/4 inch head, moderate carbonation, golden color, clear

Smell: light grass

Taste: light grass, grain, some honey

Mouthfeel: light body, sweet, moderate carbonation.

Drinkability: For the style this is above average and I have graded to that standard. I would certainly reach for this above others in the style. I could certainly have a couple on a hot day.

05-28-2010 15:07:38 | More by tigg924
vette2006c5r

South Dakota

1.27/5  rDev -40.9%

Miller Lite poured yellow, with almost no head. It smelt stale, and nothing else. It tasted the same way stale, and the more you drank, the worse it got. I wouldnt want one, deffently a beer that would turn one off to beer. I dont understand how this beer is so popular.

05-26-2010 20:46:32 | More by vette2006c5r
oglmcdgl

2.3/5  rDev +7%

12oz can poured into a pint glass.

A- two fingers of white head rise from a very hard pour and settle instantly to a almost non exsitant ring. Lite yellow in color, and very clear.

S- corn syrup and mild grains. Not much to speak of.

T- sweet like a corn fritter with clear caro syrup on it. Grainy and uneventful. Where's the hops? Its it triple hopped or not. Sorry had to do it.

M- thin just above water in viscosity and very low in carb.

D- for what it is its my favorite. Its undeniably drinkable but I just don't want to.

05-25-2010 21:30:18 | More by oglmcdgl
bundy462

2.68/5  rDev +24.7%

A: Light yellow with not much head retention. Par for the course in the light beer category.

S: Smells pretty good for a light beer, with some grain and hops aroma. Still lacks in the grand scheme when compared with non-light beers.

T: The taste is very good, very clean and crisp with a dry finish. Nice carbonation, just about right.

M: Thin, but isn't that the point with a light beer?

O: You can drink these all night with no problem. Good choice when putting in a full shift.

I prefer this to other light beers that I've had, but if you're looking for a complex taste, go elsewhere.

05-23-2010 06:58:29 | More by bundy462
Spica66

Indiana

2.58/5  rDev +20%

Appearance: Pale and light. Perfectly clear with medium carbonation. Very thin head. No lacing.

Smell: Minimal aroma. Just a hint of hops.

Taste: Very light taste. As would be expected. No "triple" hops action at all.

Feel: Carbonated water.

Drinkability: Nothing to stop you from drinking all you want.

For the style, this is what it should be.

05-20-2010 14:45:20 | More by Spica66
maximum12

2.1/5  rDev -2.3%

I haven't had a sip of this stuff in many years, & it was one of the beers that made me decide I didn't like 'beer' when I was in college. But hell, here I am, waiting for a delayed flight in the Delta Elitist Lounge, with free Miller Lite on tap. Why not?

Shockingly clear & yellow, & yes, I can actually read the Coca Cola napkin I prop up behind it. Smell is all light sweet malts & grains.

Miller Lite isn't as bad as I recall...it's almost drinkable. Not much going on, of course, a little corn, a little meal, maybe a simpering chut of hops & malt. Nothing stands out, nothing really beer-like.

Just this side of a drain pour. If you want to drink beer & not taste much, this is for you. Glad I only have a couple ounces!

05-15-2010 18:22:06 | More by maximum12
mostpoetsdo

Rhode Island

1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

A: Pale, yellow, fizzy looking, minimal head that just vanishes, no lacing.

S: Adjunct all around, a real put off.

T: Carbonated water with an unpleasant grainy taste.

M: Way too much carbonated, near impossible to enjoy.

D: It's just horrid, but most of you already know this. I can't see how so many people can thoroughly enjoy this.

05-08-2010 20:54:49 | More by mostpoetsdo
pavyaz19

1.6/5  rDev -25.6%

Gross. Down with BMC and their phony "vortex bottles". How many more ridiculous container designs are you going to come up with? Each day I hate you more and more as you push craft brews off the shelf with your bastardized product and unethical practices.

05-06-2010 13:43:36 | More by pavyaz19
joshotron

2.3/5  rDev +7%

Appearence: Pale and light. No suprise really.

Smell: A light aroma. What you would expect from a beer of this quality. Not really much there.

Taste: Light taste. Finishes really dry. You can taste the corn but it's just a water like and highly carbonated.

Feel: Not much of a feel at all for the most part. Bubbly but essentiallity carbonated water is the feel.

Drinkability: It's not the worst beer ever. It is what it is. A light and pale beer of little quaility.

05-03-2010 23:22:43 | More by joshotron
drabmuh

Maryland

2.88/5  rDev +34%

Matt's afternoon of free American Adjunct lager beers continues. Served in a can.

Beer is clear and yellow, large bubbles make up the steady carbonation, no real head at all, no lacing.

Aroma is barely there at all. Some grains....maybe.

Beer is thin but has some flavor to it. No alcohol but some grain and the carbonation fill it out slightly. I'm not going to say its a great beer but I've had worse. I've had worse craft beer honestly. Its just boring and simple and bland.

05-01-2010 23:56:09 | More by drabmuh
beerwolf77

Wisconsin

2.45/5  rDev +14%

My brother bought the new home draft kit so I got to try it without having to buy it. Sweet!

Poured from the tap into my pint glass the beer is crystal clear golden yellow. Lots of tiny bubbles swim to the top of the glass. A full three fingers of stark white head fill the top of my pint. Decent retention amd lace left behind. You can't argue with the apperance on this beer. Text book light lager.

The aroma is very light. Just a hint of the "triple hops". Mostly adjuncts but very muted all around.

The flavor is even more muted than the nose. The signiture bitter bite that lite has along with the adjuncts.

The mouthfeel is super smooth. I assume this is a bi product of the CO2. If that's what they shooting for they nailed it. It's super thina nd watery which does not surprise. Just thin and smooth.

Overall lite has always been beer flavored water in my book. This does nothing to change my opinion. However I could see people really enjoying this method of delivery. It makes a super easy drinking beer even more so.

Serving type: nitro-tap

05-01-2010 00:39:02 | More by beerwolf77
jcm8756

2.8/5  rDev +30.2%

Ok. So I am reviewing this beer based on the style and not on personal preference.

A: Clear yellow color with a white foam head. Just like every other macro-produced light beer.

S: Smells like corn and other adjuncts. Again, just like every other light beer.

T: Tastes like water with a little beer mixed in. Just like all the other light beers but maybe with a little more beer.

M&D: This style of beer is for those who really don't want to taste their beer too much. They want refreshment and drinkability after work or after mowing the lawn. This beer delivers. How can I knock it or give it too low of a review for delivering what most of America and the rest of the world wants. Will I personal drink it? Not much. But I know many who do and enjoy it with all their might. Cheers to them.

04-28-2010 16:52:41 | More by jcm8756
dstc

2.3/5  rDev +7%

Pours a very pale, fizzy yellow with huge bubbly white head. Head falls to crap. Thin lace.

Typical adjunct lager smell. Mild hops and metallic.

Light flavor of corn and malt. Bit tinny. Mild sweetness in the finish.

Thin, watery and bubbly in the mouth.

Not great. It's better than Bud Light but is that really saying anything?

04-26-2010 11:32:20 | More by dstc
kneeland

3.3/5  rDev +53.5%

Out of the top 3 light domestics, (Bud, Coors, Miller) this is my favorite. That's not saying too much, but I choose it unless something else is on sale.

It is what it is. I don't open one of these when I want to kick back and relax. I have plenty of these when I'm up and having a good time.

04-24-2010 21:42:36 | More by kneeland
omowasu

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Miller Lite, I am not ashamed to say, is my goto light adjunct beer. I define Light as less than 100 cal/serving.

I am not saying that Miller Lite is a good beer. Miller Lite serves one purpose only - drinking to get drunk. Taste and appearance are secondary.

Anyway, Miller released a new CO2 powered home tapper plastic keg. I picked one up and gave it a try. Miller Lite is always a bit better served on tap than in a can or bottle, and here the home tapper delivers.

I agree with every other reviewer on tasting notes. I think Miller Lite is more drinkable than other lite beers though. If you have a plate of habanero hot wings in front of you, or are hanging out at a barbecue in the heat, ML can hit the spot. It fits a niche for me now, unlike my college days when it was always in stock.

Serving type: nitro-tap

04-22-2010 03:52:31 | More by omowasu
garuda

1.3/5  rDev -39.5%

A - Color reminds me of urine when I'm dehydrated. No head retention whatsoever, no lacing. I can't think how it could look any worse.

S - Nothing offensive, there's really just nothing there. A touch of corn as it warms.

T/M - Hard to get a taste from this beer while the liquid is still in my mouth due to the extremely high carbonation. A touch of corn, then lingering skunky hops leave a disgusting taste and mouthfeel. Body is water-thin. Feels like highly carbonated water that scrapes across the entire palate.

D - Low abv, light body, the potential is there to drink a lot of these, but its surely not based on its taste. Triple hops brewed? Really?

04-16-2010 01:19:25 | More by garuda
tjsdomer2

3.53/5  rDev +64.2%

Appearance: Average-looking beer. A bit more lively than Bud Light, maybe not as much foam. Definitely looks less carbonated.

Smell: Smells a bit malty. I can also sense some hops. One of the most neutral smells out there.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Very smooth, crisp, and clean. Tastes fairly hoppy. Decent carbonation without tasting like soda water.

Drinkability: Probably the easiest light macro to drink.

Overall: Miller Lite ranks as the best light macro beer due to its subtle hoppiness and lack of skunked qualities.

04-11-2010 20:07:48 | More by tjsdomer2
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.