Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
View: Beers (28) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
bundy462

2.68/5  rDev +24.7%

A: Light yellow with not much head retention. Par for the course in the light beer category.

S: Smells pretty good for a light beer, with some grain and hops aroma. Still lacks in the grand scheme when compared with non-light beers.

T: The taste is very good, very clean and crisp with a dry finish. Nice carbonation, just about right.

M: Thin, but isn't that the point with a light beer?

O: You can drink these all night with no problem. Good choice when putting in a full shift.

I prefer this to other light beers that I've had, but if you're looking for a complex taste, go elsewhere.

05-23-2010 06:58:29 | More by bundy462
Spica66

Indiana

2.58/5  rDev +20%

Appearance: Pale and light. Perfectly clear with medium carbonation. Very thin head. No lacing.

Smell: Minimal aroma. Just a hint of hops.

Taste: Very light taste. As would be expected. No "triple" hops action at all.

Feel: Carbonated water.

Drinkability: Nothing to stop you from drinking all you want.

For the style, this is what it should be.

05-20-2010 14:45:20 | More by Spica66
maximum12

2.1/5  rDev -2.3%

I haven't had a sip of this stuff in many years, & it was one of the beers that made me decide I didn't like 'beer' when I was in college. But hell, here I am, waiting for a delayed flight in the Delta Elitist Lounge, with free Miller Lite on tap. Why not?

Shockingly clear & yellow, & yes, I can actually read the Coca Cola napkin I prop up behind it. Smell is all light sweet malts & grains.

Miller Lite isn't as bad as I recall...it's almost drinkable. Not much going on, of course, a little corn, a little meal, maybe a simpering chut of hops & malt. Nothing stands out, nothing really beer-like.

Just this side of a drain pour. If you want to drink beer & not taste much, this is for you. Glad I only have a couple ounces!

05-15-2010 18:22:06 | More by maximum12
mostpoetsdo

Rhode Island

1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

A: Pale, yellow, fizzy looking, minimal head that just vanishes, no lacing.

S: Adjunct all around, a real put off.

T: Carbonated water with an unpleasant grainy taste.

M: Way too much carbonated, near impossible to enjoy.

D: It's just horrid, but most of you already know this. I can't see how so many people can thoroughly enjoy this.

05-08-2010 20:54:49 | More by mostpoetsdo
pavyaz19

1.6/5  rDev -25.6%

Gross. Down with BMC and their phony "vortex bottles". How many more ridiculous container designs are you going to come up with? Each day I hate you more and more as you push craft brews off the shelf with your bastardized product and unethical practices.

05-06-2010 13:43:36 | More by pavyaz19
joshotron

2.3/5  rDev +7%

Appearence: Pale and light. No suprise really.

Smell: A light aroma. What you would expect from a beer of this quality. Not really much there.

Taste: Light taste. Finishes really dry. You can taste the corn but it's just a water like and highly carbonated.

Feel: Not much of a feel at all for the most part. Bubbly but essentiallity carbonated water is the feel.

Drinkability: It's not the worst beer ever. It is what it is. A light and pale beer of little quaility.

05-03-2010 23:22:43 | More by joshotron
drabmuh

Maryland

2.88/5  rDev +34%

Matt's afternoon of free American Adjunct lager beers continues. Served in a can.

Beer is clear and yellow, large bubbles make up the steady carbonation, no real head at all, no lacing.

Aroma is barely there at all. Some grains....maybe.

Beer is thin but has some flavor to it. No alcohol but some grain and the carbonation fill it out slightly. I'm not going to say its a great beer but I've had worse. I've had worse craft beer honestly. Its just boring and simple and bland.

05-01-2010 23:56:09 | More by drabmuh
beerwolf77

Wisconsin

2.45/5  rDev +14%

My brother bought the new home draft kit so I got to try it without having to buy it. Sweet!

Poured from the tap into my pint glass the beer is crystal clear golden yellow. Lots of tiny bubbles swim to the top of the glass. A full three fingers of stark white head fill the top of my pint. Decent retention amd lace left behind. You can't argue with the apperance on this beer. Text book light lager.

The aroma is very light. Just a hint of the "triple hops". Mostly adjuncts but very muted all around.

The flavor is even more muted than the nose. The signiture bitter bite that lite has along with the adjuncts.

The mouthfeel is super smooth. I assume this is a bi product of the CO2. If that's what they shooting for they nailed it. It's super thina nd watery which does not surprise. Just thin and smooth.

Overall lite has always been beer flavored water in my book. This does nothing to change my opinion. However I could see people really enjoying this method of delivery. It makes a super easy drinking beer even more so.

Serving type: nitro-tap

05-01-2010 00:39:02 | More by beerwolf77
jcm8756

2.8/5  rDev +30.2%

Ok. So I am reviewing this beer based on the style and not on personal preference.

A: Clear yellow color with a white foam head. Just like every other macro-produced light beer.

S: Smells like corn and other adjuncts. Again, just like every other light beer.

T: Tastes like water with a little beer mixed in. Just like all the other light beers but maybe with a little more beer.

M&D: This style of beer is for those who really don't want to taste their beer too much. They want refreshment and drinkability after work or after mowing the lawn. This beer delivers. How can I knock it or give it too low of a review for delivering what most of America and the rest of the world wants. Will I personal drink it? Not much. But I know many who do and enjoy it with all their might. Cheers to them.

04-28-2010 16:52:41 | More by jcm8756
dstc

2.3/5  rDev +7%

Pours a very pale, fizzy yellow with huge bubbly white head. Head falls to crap. Thin lace.

Typical adjunct lager smell. Mild hops and metallic.

Light flavor of corn and malt. Bit tinny. Mild sweetness in the finish.

Thin, watery and bubbly in the mouth.

Not great. It's better than Bud Light but is that really saying anything?

04-26-2010 11:32:20 | More by dstc
kneeland

3.3/5  rDev +53.5%

Out of the top 3 light domestics, (Bud, Coors, Miller) this is my favorite. That's not saying too much, but I choose it unless something else is on sale.

It is what it is. I don't open one of these when I want to kick back and relax. I have plenty of these when I'm up and having a good time.

04-24-2010 21:42:36 | More by kneeland
omowasu

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Miller Lite, I am not ashamed to say, is my goto light adjunct beer. I define Light as less than 100 cal/serving.

I am not saying that Miller Lite is a good beer. Miller Lite serves one purpose only - drinking to get drunk. Taste and appearance are secondary.

Anyway, Miller released a new CO2 powered home tapper plastic keg. I picked one up and gave it a try. Miller Lite is always a bit better served on tap than in a can or bottle, and here the home tapper delivers.

I agree with every other reviewer on tasting notes. I think Miller Lite is more drinkable than other lite beers though. If you have a plate of habanero hot wings in front of you, or are hanging out at a barbecue in the heat, ML can hit the spot. It fits a niche for me now, unlike my college days when it was always in stock.

Serving type: nitro-tap

04-22-2010 03:52:31 | More by omowasu
garuda

1.3/5  rDev -39.5%

A - Color reminds me of urine when I'm dehydrated. No head retention whatsoever, no lacing. I can't think how it could look any worse.

S - Nothing offensive, there's really just nothing there. A touch of corn as it warms.

T/M - Hard to get a taste from this beer while the liquid is still in my mouth due to the extremely high carbonation. A touch of corn, then lingering skunky hops leave a disgusting taste and mouthfeel. Body is water-thin. Feels like highly carbonated water that scrapes across the entire palate.

D - Low abv, light body, the potential is there to drink a lot of these, but its surely not based on its taste. Triple hops brewed? Really?

04-16-2010 01:19:25 | More by garuda
tjsdomer2

3.53/5  rDev +64.2%

Appearance: Average-looking beer. A bit more lively than Bud Light, maybe not as much foam. Definitely looks less carbonated.

Smell: Smells a bit malty. I can also sense some hops. One of the most neutral smells out there.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Very smooth, crisp, and clean. Tastes fairly hoppy. Decent carbonation without tasting like soda water.

Drinkability: Probably the easiest light macro to drink.

Overall: Miller Lite ranks as the best light macro beer due to its subtle hoppiness and lack of skunked qualities.

04-11-2010 20:07:48 | More by tjsdomer2
Tilley4

Tennessee

1.6/5  rDev -25.6%

The appearance is the best feature of this brew... Arrives a pale yellow with a very thin fizzy head... Clear as a bell with quite a bit of active carbonation...

Very strange metallic aromas coming off of this one mix with a light toasted graininess... Rather unappealing... Maybe a little floral hops but not much a all...

Grainy toastiness up front which quickly fades into a metallic aftertaste with lots of fizziness and corn flavors... Very thin and watery mouthfeel, almost feels lighter than water if that were possible..

A favorite of many Joe Six Packs but I don't like this one at all.. I like beer with some flavor..

04-10-2010 17:39:47 | More by Tilley4
MbpBugeye

2.48/5  rDev +15.3%

I really only review macros when they have some special memories to them. This one used to be my go to beer. I would prefer to drink this back before I discovered craft beer. This beer is pretty annoying. They use all kinds of terms that real beer use. They bastardize these terms. Using claims like "great pilsner taste" and "triple hops brewed".

A- Thin, loosely formed white head fizzes up and fades away like 7-up. The beer is crystal clear, barely yellow. Some active effervescence created by my pilsner glass.

S- Sweet and malty, but not in a good way. This might be one of the best smelling macros though. There even is a slight hint of floral hops.

T- Again, sweet and malty. Corn, rice and thats about it. Hops dont really exist. There is a faint, faint floral finish but thats it.

M- Water. Bubbly water.

D- I always rate drinkablility high for these beers. Not filling, goes down like water. I guess Ive been trained to stomach beers like this.

04-07-2010 04:08:02 | More by MbpBugeye
Kallsays23

2.33/5  rDev +8.4%

I'm new to this site and hope my findings help others out. =]

A- pale, almost clear, yellow, with little to no head.

S- a corny alcoholic scent, almost nutty

T- Tollerable, but nothing more than that. It tastes like tonic water, stale hops, and corn.

M- Moderate to severe carbination, like a beer flavored soda.

D- It goes down like water, but theres no enjoying this beer.

04-07-2010 03:02:14 | More by Kallsays23
bsp77

2.1/5  rDev -2.3%

Serving glass: Poured from can into clear plastic glass.

Appearance: Clear, light gold with wispy white head.

Smell: Corn, sweet graininess.

Taste: Sweet grain, corn, and a slight detection of spicy hops.

Feel: High carbonation, light body, funny light beer finish.

Drinkability: Despite being boring, it is easy to drink, so probably deserves a 2.5. But when a brewer throws around BS terms such as "triple hopped brewed" and "true Pilsner", it just annoys me, so it gets docked extra.

04-02-2010 18:02:46 | More by bsp77
Jesstyr

2.68/5  rDev +24.7%

I guess its important to keep in mind style when reviewing a beer like this, and the truth is Miller Lite isn't a bad light beer - in fact its the best of the Big 3 to my palate - particularly out of the bottle.

Appearance is golden straw with bright white thin bubbly head. Nothing too exciting here. Nose is like metallic straw, not bad, but nothing positive. To me, below a 2 is something that smells gross, otherwise its just not good.

Taste is like watered down beer - very watery, a little hoppy, dry alcohol. Definitely a significant amount of corn here. Mouthfeel has the dryness and the watery body. Definitely drinkable...if not exceedingly enjoyable.

03-27-2010 01:15:15 | More by Jesstyr
teovaldi

1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

Pours a pale yellow with a small white head that dissipates quickly leaving very little lacing.

Smells slightly of grain and corn.

Tastes like water with grain and corn added.

Mouthfeel is very much like water and highly carbonated.

Not very drinkable after the first sip, doesn't make you want more...but I'd drink free one on a hot summer day/at a party.

03-26-2010 15:35:19 | More by teovaldi
levifunk

Wisconsin

2.15/5  rDev 0%

look: I drank it from a keg. it was an average looking keg, although I only saw the top as it was sitting in a garbage bin of ice.

Smell: The basement was dark, damp, and rank of skunk beer. Also, one of the guy holding me was wearing sweat pants, so he may not have showered that day.

taste: I can't say I was impressed by the taste, but then again I'm not sure I recall tasting much of anything. It could be that I was caught up in the moment or because it lacked flavor.

M - The tapper felt weird in my mouth. I'm not use to that.

D - Surprisingly easy to drink. Again, this may be because I was caught up in the moment, or because I swore I was drinking water. Either way, I was able to drink it for over 32 seconds (the crowd was kind enough to keep count) while being held upside down, so I have to give it a good drinkability score.

*tounge in cheek review

03-19-2010 20:53:18 | More by levifunk
donteatpoop

1.53/5  rDev -28.8%

I try not to prejudge beers, but with 'lights' and 'ices' I find myself doing so despite myself.

My dad works as a bartender. Tonight I stopped by his bar after work (late at night). He had mistakenly given someone a miller light when they had asked for a budlite. I was going to pick on him about it, but as he went to grab her the beer she had requested he instead grabbed and opened another miller lite. I saw what he was doing and said four times that he had grabbed a miller light but he didn't hear me. I was like rainman on that shit; "that's a miller. that's a miller. that's a miller." But he opened it anyway and realized his mistake as he was handing it to her.

So I teased him about that for most of the night but at the end of the evening he had two opened miller lights in the cooler and offered me one... I was out of money, so why not? Ended up he wouldn't drink the other one so I had to drink it for him to.

The first one I didn't taste much at all. Might be that I still had heineken on the palate or it might be that it just didn't have any flavor; but by the second time I the miller taste kicked in and depressed the shit out of me.

It was barely any color at all, like an underdyed yellow easter egg; and had a thin and quickly receding white head. Smelled like hardly anything but vaguely like a lager that had been spilled the day before and no one had cleaned it up quite yet.

The taste wasn't there for most of the two beers, on the second I started to feel bland malts and stale hops. The moment the taste registered it became difficult to finish. But I dind't want my dad to feel that he had wasted the beer so I took the rest of it down.

I've heard people say that some beers are like drinking water but I never understood it until today. This was like drinking a very stale water.

03-19-2010 05:13:12 | More by donteatpoop
Wasatch

Utah

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

03-16-2010 00:46:50 | More by Wasatch
dopehousex3

3.75/5  rDev +74.4%

Out of all the light American beers I like Miller lite the most. It has a nice color, really smooth when ice cold. Its great for tailgating and just hanging out with friends and knocking a few back. My second choice would be Coors lite. But I would recomend this beer for anyone looking for a good like domestic beer.

03-14-2010 06:19:56 | More by dopehousex3
nickd717

1.75/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

12oz bottle. Well, I'd call this one just about average for a light lager. This is actually the best of the Big 3 light beers, which is sort of like saying that Scottish terrier crap is the best tasting variety of dog crap. Wait, what is this? "Triple-hops brewed" with a "great pilsner taste?" If I'm rating to style, I've got this all wrong! This beer is obviously intended to be a world-class pilsner with a prominent hop character. With that in mind, let's do this, shall we?

Very pale yellow color, white head. Somewhat fizzy and soda-like.

Aroma? What aroma? Did my nose suddenly fail me? Oh...it must be that faint corny smell. A little sweet grainy malt as well. Not being terribly offensive saves this from a 1.0. Where are the hops?

Lots of corn in what little flavor there is. Pilsner? Not even close. The massive hop additions they claim seem to have brought this beer to about a whopping 10 IBUs. Less taste, less filling.

Watery and light on the palate. Not nearly as clean and crisp as a great pilsner.

Drinkable? Sure, but so is water. My overall impression on this beer though is not a very good one. This was review number #666 for me, which is appropriate, because this beer is, in the words of Bobby Boucher's mom on "The Waterboy," "The devil!"

03-10-2010 16:46:36 | More by nickd717
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.