Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
dpnelson1978

2.2/5  rDev +2.3%

24 oz. can into glass pint.

$2.99 / ea.

S: Corn, and lots of it. Just the tiniest amount of detectable hops. The scent is really weak, and gets weaker with time. It isn't so much "bad" as it is just almost nonexistent.

A: Big soapy head with a lot of retention. Good lacing. Bright light yellow body.

T: Corn, and just a little hops. More like a tea. It isn't bad, just boring and pointless. Like eating unflavored tofu.

M: Very light body, with low to medium carbonation. The body is just way too light for my preference.

D: Very good drinkability, and you are going to need every bit of it. At 4.1 abv you have to maintain a brutal pace to even know you are drinking beer.

O: Not bad if you have to drink it (like at a baseball game), and it really is my macro of choice, but it just can't compare to real beer.

11-08-2009 00:39:54 | More by dpnelson1978
GoalieRon33

Yuck.

Looked bad, smelled bad, tasted bad, felt bad, drank bad. Not much else to say...Their triple hops brewing claim may make people think it's of quality, but it really sucks. Smells terrible. I'm assuming the hops they get are from a generic source, maybe impersonation hops product? Is there such a thing? I just don't understand how the can think that this stuff tastes good. People (if you can call them that), seem to think this stuff is awesome. They love it, which I don't get at all, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Either way, I find it hard to say anything positive about this beer when I have never had either a good time with it or a good memory of it.

11-04-2009 06:36:42 | More by GoalieRon33
wknight167

1.88/5  rDev -12.6%

Apearance - Pours crystal clear with a slight straw yellow tint. 1 finger head quickly fades to nothing, but persistant carbonation.

Nose- Grain and corn with a hint of indistinct hops.

Palate- Very nondiscript. Slightly sweet with what just may be some hop bitterness in the finish.

Mouthfeel- Thin and watery with lively carbonation.

Drinkability- I could drink a few of these, but why?

11-03-2009 05:55:40 | More by wknight167
feelmefoam

South Carolina

2.6/5  rDev +20.9%

Mmmm.... Triple Hops brewed. Except I can't taste any hops. Looks and smells like a typical adjunct, tastes a lot like carbonated water. Certainly not a bad flavor, just that there's not ANY flavor there. Good for parties, I guess. If I had to choose a light beer, tho, I'm going with Sam Adams light. The one upside to this is that it's very drinkable. But so is water.

11-02-2009 03:56:19 | More by feelmefoam
steanu

2.05/5  rDev -4.7%

I got this at a club and it was more pricey than Bud Light and it tastes JUST like Bud Light. It's not that great but it will do its duty if you want to get drunk. NOT a drink to have on it's own. Both this and Bud Light are lowsy beers because they have hardly any flavor at all. It's like having a soda water and I could not taste the hops in it.

10-28-2009 02:54:42 | More by steanu
womencantsail

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

A cheap beer consumed in "honor" of a friend's birthday, as we didn't have anything else around.

A: I poured it into a glass just because I hadn't examined the looks of Miller Lite in quite some time. I was astonished at how absolutely close to being clear this beer is. Just the slightest touch of yellow, and no head.

S: So much for that "triple hops" brewing technique, as all there is to the aroma is some grain and corn. Alright, maybe an ever so slight hint of hops.

T: The taste is a bit more "robust" than other BMC products (especially of the "lite" variety), but that's not saying much. There is some actual grain taste and sweetness. Again, that "triple hops" brewing system must have been out of commission the day this batch was brewed...

M: Thin, light, and watery in terms of the body, and quite fizzy on the tongue.

D: This is drinkable in the way that water is drinkable (because that's mostly what it tastes like). I gave it the rating I did for drinkability because while you can certainly consume a lot of them due to their rather neutral flavor, I just wouldn't want to. At this point in my beer drinking life, anyway.

10-23-2009 07:44:41 | More by womencantsail
MrStark

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Poured from a 12oz can into a pilsener glass.

Appearance is pale yellow gold with great clarity. A white foamy head that went away rather quickly leaving a little sticky lacing.

Smell is pretty basic. Just grains and a hint of hops.

Taste is a little more flavorful than most of the BMC beers that I've had but still nothing special. Some basic malts and grains but nothing special. The hops are certainly not present.

Mouthfeel is fairly carbonated and crisp. Light bodied.

Drinkability is great compared to the other adjuncts in my opinion. It goes down easy and is a good session beer if you had to choose one from this style. This was the first beer that I had ever had and I guess I kinda have a soft spot for it. But it doesn't compare to any of the craft beers I've had now, but something to turn to in a pinch.

10-17-2009 03:10:50 | More by MrStark
BeerSingh

India

2.08/5  rDev -3.3%

Poured from the 16 oz new style can bottle (Ordered at Bkini Beach Bar, Atlantic City) :

A: Pale yellow with a quickly dissipating head
S: Grain and feeble yeast
T: Grain water (no malt at all - so it is like
grains steeped in water)
M: Waterlike and very carbonated
D: What..?? OK !

10-13-2009 07:19:39 | More by BeerSingh
spartanfan

1.98/5  rDev -7.9%

A: Pours a bright yellow color with a wispy white head that quickly dissipates.

S: Not much going on here, smells of grains and weak hops. Not what I was expecting from the triple hops brewed beer that is Miller Lite.

T: Taste is of carbonation and grains.

M: The carbonation tickles the mouth in this one, and begins to burn when I chug it.

D: While not as good as Bud Light in this category Miller Light still has good drinkability, especially with the new freshness seal cans.

10-12-2009 00:26:39 | More by spartanfan
alleykatking

Indiana

2.58/5  rDev +20%

Poured from 12oz bottle

A- Pours a very clear and light yellow color. Some people have said it looks like urine. I think it almost looks like a lighter colored ginger ale. 2 finger cloudy white head dies rather quickly after a sem-hard pour. No real lacing on the sides of the glass which I didn't expect to be honest.

S- Smells of sweetness to it. Although I must say this does smell a little better than Bud Light which I am not a fan of at all. Just a musty bready smell to this and really I can't complain this has to be the best smelling out of the 3 lights.

T- There is a underlying sweetness to this entire beer which I don't know if I like or not. Sweet bready malts come through the forefront of this beer and it has a distinct tartness to it. Not a good tart but a bitter tart at the end which I do not care for one bit. Has a light czech pilsner aftertaste but it's hardly noticable.

M- Very light mouthfeel to this. Carbonation levels were insane in the highness. Very watery feel in the mouth and left a semi-pleasant overly sweet czech style pilsner aftertaste and taste in the palate.

D- This is a very drinkable beer along with the rest of the big three. I wouldn't want to start off with one to be honest but I could finish one if need be. There is not much taste to this one which could be why it is so popular with the everyday crowd. I would rather drink a terrible IPA or Stout though than one of these.

10-01-2009 05:15:52 | More by alleykatking
Flightoficarus

Washington

2.6/5  rDev +20.9%

Serving type - can/bottle (have tried both)

Appearance - A pale, straw color with some moderate foam retention.

Smell - Like a light beer, but with a bit more character to it.

Taste - I was a little surprised by this one. Generally not a fan of any Miller products, but this one seems to have the most flavor out of the BMC light beers.

Mouthfeel - Nothing too fancy. Light bodied, and fizzy.

Drinkability - Not something I can say I'd want a lot of, but I wouldn't turn one down if it was offered to me.

Overall - To me, this seems to be the best out of the three big light beers out there. It's no Pabst, but I'll take it over Bud light or Coors light.

09-23-2009 07:21:51 | More by Flightoficarus
rfgetz

2.13/5  rDev -0.9%

Had to have a Miller Light to compare to the other BMC lights ive recently been forced to drink.

A: actual golden amber color on this guy, which coors and bud cant say about their light beer

S: musty bready smell

T: white bread like malts, bitter lager like bite (must be the triple hops!)

M: like the others, watery and thin, but some hint of body stronger than the others.

D: ranks above bud and coors in the BMC light beer tasting. Just enough improvement in color, taste and body

09-21-2009 19:30:43 | More by rfgetz
TCgoalie

1.8/5  rDev -16.3%

Wow, what a watery beer. I have to admit, if they were going for minimalist art, this beer would be ranked much higher. I am having a hard time deciphering a flavor other than sugar, and I guess corn. I agree, triple hops brewed must mean 3 hop pellets for every batch. Aside from the kick I get with the fizzy bubbles, I think I'd rather have water.

09-17-2009 22:39:14 | More by TCgoalie
craftaholic

2.68/5  rDev +24.7%

Appearance: Pours a light golden straw color with a dismal ring of a head and leaves behind just a light dusting of a lacing.

Smell: The nose is a faint aroma of grains and corn

Taste: Tastes of light corn, and rice with hints of grain basically a carbon copy of the nose with a very watered down feel to it. For a triple hopped brew i'm wondering if that means they dropped three hops in the giant fermentor.

Mouthfeel: Such a light bodied brew has a little bit of fiz as it dissapears without a trace.

Drinkability: As easy to drink as water but not recommended for hydration.

Overall: Hot summer days this light bodied brew is a good choice for an adjunct if on a tight budget.

09-17-2009 00:31:33 | More by craftaholic
chickencoop

2.33/5  rDev +8.4%

It would be hard to review this like any other micro or import for that matter, because it's like comparing boxed wine to something from Murphy Goode. Long story short is that Miller Lite is the best of all three of the mass-lights. Bigger taste if you can say that, better color, if more yellow is a color, and more drinkability because you actually feel like you have drank a beer after finishing one. My go-to tall boy can at a Raiders game.

09-13-2009 06:34:16 | More by chickencoop
BeerImmediately

3.63/5  rDev +68.8%

Not a bad Light Lager, and has been my go-to tailgater in the category for years.

Appearance is average, with 1F white bubbly head dropping to thinnest of film, over a very clear yellow body.

Bit of a musty/earthy smell, with a wee touch o' the 3 hop buds that were tossed into in this batch.

Some urinal cake (um, no, haven't actually partaken in one before) followed by white bread, rice, and water - not a bad prison beer.

Mouthfeel is consistently good - not too sharp, not too soft. Speculate that this is the primary reason why BAs usually lean to ML over BL or CL.

Solid on the drinkability meter... sorry Bud Light, but Miller Lite's flavor and mouthfeel crush you on this one. Good ads though.

09-12-2009 22:03:29 | More by BeerImmediately
MikeRa

2.73/5  rDev +27%

Here is what I can say about Miller Lite:

This is one of those beers that is mass produced for general comsuption. It has a very light golden color.

There is no smell to this beer, nor' is there no taste in this beer at all, which is due to it being produced for general comsuption. It looks exactly like Coors Light and Bud Light.

But if you want a beer for general comsuption, then go with this beer.

09-12-2009 15:37:12 | More by MikeRa
hargettf

2.65/5  rDev +23.3%

OK, I have got to give it to this beer. It has its place. Most people who look at reviews like this do not like this beer, or at least do not admit they like this beer. This beer is made for heavy consumption. You can drink it literally all day, such as a trip to the beach with your old college buddies. No reason to talk about the way it tastes, if you are reading this, you have had it. Just remember, you can say what you want, but I bet you will have it again. Not a bad beer. It could be Coors light, bud light, etc. It is the best of all those like it.

09-10-2009 20:43:27 | More by hargettf
BayouBengal1537

Louisiana

1.53/5  rDev -28.8%

Poured 12oz bottle into pint glass. Poured a clear pale straw color. 2 finger white head, stayed together for a good bit. Smell was watery and grainy, not good at all. Taste was water down, light grain, corn adjunct flavoring, cheap aftertaste. Very light mouthfeel with high carbonation, its a yellow fizzy beer. Drinkable for a light beer, but i won't buy any of this with my own money ever again...maybe if its given to me.

08-27-2009 19:43:11 | More by BayouBengal1537
scottyshades

1.88/5  rDev -12.6%

A: Pours the lightest of the light, transparent straw color that produces a tiny head with no lacing along the glass...(I can't believe I have to wash a pint glass after drinking this).

S: The nose is very metallic, grainy, and watery, no hops, definitely no malts.

T: Copy of the nose, very watered down, light grains, no hop or malt aroma or flavor. Just cereal and fillers.

MF/D: Lightest body possible, fizzy carbonation, but pretty drinkable if your trying to get hammered for little $

Notes: I know this is not the highest rated beer, but as Jim Koch said (verbatim) that it is hard to brew a beer of this style, because the slightest miscalculation in the recipe will result in a botched batch.

08-23-2009 21:17:39 | More by scottyshades
mjurney

1.73/5  rDev -19.5%

[Appearance]: Very pale straw color, clear, lots of carbonation, soapy head that disappear really quick. Looks like a typical Adjunct Lager.
[Smell]: Roasted corn aroma, hint of skunky.
[Taste]: Corn, maybe some little grainy from the malts, I could detect some slight of bitterness from the hops. Has a weird aftertaste that lingers in my mouth.
[Mouthfeel]: Light bodied, carbonation is pretty strong.
[Drinkability]: I couldn't drink the rest.

I'm surprise they call this a "True Pilsner", more like "True Adjunct Piss".

08-23-2009 16:37:51 | More by mjurney
FickleBeast

12 oz can poured into an Ithaca Beer Co pint glass

A - pours crystal clear very pale yellow with a wisp of head.

S - skunkiness? It just smells like a bad beer would smell - how do I describe that?

T - bleh. I swear I taste the corn adjunct. There is almost no taste at all, except for a weird aftertaste. There are no hops whatsoever, much less "triple hops". It loses points for false advertising.

M - You know when you are sick and you are able to stifle a vomit by holding it in your mouth? That is what this beer feels like in your mouth. I may as well just vomit now, before I swallow it.

D - as soon as I take a sip of this beer, I feel my head start throbbing, knowing that I'll have a hangover tomorrow. Eat crap, Miller Lite.

In honor of the Angry Video Game Nerd - Rather than drinking this beer, I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarreah dump in my ear. I rather eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk and down it with (another) beer.

08-23-2009 05:44:44 | More by FickleBeast
KTCamm

2.28/5  rDev +6%

From the can during a round of golf, but I know all too well what this beer looks and smells like. Lets be honest, its not a grate beer - far from it. Pale yellow colored with no body, corny bland smell. Super watery and lacking much taste. Smooth in the mouthfeel, certainly goes down easy. Drinkable from the can, as long as the can is still cold. Once this warms up a few degrees, pitch it, its like drinking stale water.

08-22-2009 17:05:00 | More by KTCamm
Cylinsier

From a 12 oz

Pours a light clear grain yellow. Minimal white head.

Smells like barley and sweet corn malts.

Taste is very light, barley and corn adjuncts. Of note: one of the only light beers I've had that at least still tastes like beer.

Thin and a bit watery with cheap carbonation.

Well, its a light beer. What do you expect? This is the best macro light in my opinion. Easy to session if its all you've got.

08-15-2009 00:13:18 | More by Cylinsier
RickKrumenacker

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

A - crisp and clear...pale gold...one-finger head that dissipates very quickly...leaves a thin cap and has a bit of lacing, though not much

S - some sweet corn...a bit metallic

T - not much...does have a slight corn and malt flavor...not much, but it isn't

M - watery (go figure)...very high levels of carbonation...dry finish

D - of all the macro light lagers, this one is probably near the top...definitely a favorite when at the softball field

08-14-2009 01:59:45 | More by RickKrumenacker
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.