Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
View: Beers (28) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
twiggamortis420

1.63/5  rDev -23.8%

Leftovers...gotta love em.
Drank straight from the bottle cause...well, we all know what it looks like.

Nose is muted because it is very cold, but mildly offensive corn and light malt notes. Smells worse the warmer it gets.

I think it has slightly more beer flavor than a bud light, but is that really a good thing? Carbonation and corn are about the only things I can taste in here. It only makes me grimace when it gets above 40 degrees.

There are plenty worse bargain macros out there, I waffle between this or bud light as the #2 and #3 macro lights, both are pretty bad. I recommend coors light if you have to drink one of the three.

08-16-2008 17:47:10 | More by twiggamortis420
pokesbeerdude

2.98/5  rDev +39.3%

Had a few cans left over after a party at my place, figured its a beer(ish) might as well review it.

A: pours a crystal clear golden color with a giant white head that reduces to absolutely nothing. not a bad looking lager, but nothing spectacular.

S: smells a lot like metal, not much else, corn, not much else. typical light lager.

T: really watery, there is a faint taste of barely, mostly corn, but really this isn't that offensive of a beer, and for a the price i can see why a lot of people drink it.

M: thin, crisp, watery, bubbly, clean finish, pretty typical, begs for another drink with how crisp it finishes

D: i can drink a lot of this beer, its not the best tasting thing in the world, but it isn't that bad. definitely a bar beer when nothing else is available.

08-14-2008 01:34:00 | More by pokesbeerdude
BoSox5902

3.48/5  rDev +62.6%

great taste less filling... not brewed for flavor but brewed to get you drunk! well yeah it is brewed for flavor compared to bud light which tastes like carbonated water but lets not get into how bad bud light is. a good beer if you want to drink a thousand of something and still be able to eat snacks while watching a game. not my favorite, but will buy again

08-12-2008 04:13:51 | More by BoSox5902
GClarkage

2.7/5  rDev +26.2%

08/02/08- Had on tap at a random sports bar in Canton, OH.

Presentation- Via the tap into a limited edition HOF pint glass which was free with purchase of Miller Lite...the only way I could get the glass.

Appearance- Light yellow colored pour. Pretty nice looking mildly foamy, yet somewhat creamy pocky head. Fades in a fe minutes and leaves no lace.

Smell- Light grainy notes...not really a corn scent but not to horrible.

Taste- Grainy notes, a bit of light malt-like taste. Sweet, but not overly sweet like some macros. Maybe even a slight hop twinge.

Mouthfeel- Average carbonation, not a offensive aftertaste.

Drinkability- For what it is, it's really not as horrible as I was expecting. About the same boat as Bud Light, but maybe a touch better. Blows Coors Light out of the water.

08-05-2008 22:46:58 | More by GClarkage
UGADawgGuy

Georgia

Ah, Miller Lite. When I was in college and knew no better, this was my beer of choice. Then again, I rarely had much choice...

Appearance: Well, it's in a can, and it's one of those beers you can (and sometimes are forced to) drink right out of the can. Poured into a glass, it's the color of pale urine, with a fleeting glimpse of head and some vigorous effervescence. No lacing or retention whatsoever, but -- let's face it -- if you're drinking this, you shouldn't care!

Smell: Light, weak, and vaguely musty. Ever walked around outside a stadium after a college football game? That's what Miller Lite smells like.

Taste: There's just not much there. The carbonation helps make it semi-refreshing, which is a plus -- especially when there's no backbone to the flavor of the beer itself. Soapy, musty, and bland.

Mouthfeel: Again, the carbonation is the only redeeming factor here, in my view. Otherwise, it's like water, only it foams somewhat if you swish it around in your cheeks. Seriously, I'm trying to come up with something better...but I can't.

Drinkability: A 4.17 ABV helps. The fact that if you're drinking Miller Lite, there's probably nothing available also aids in its drinkability. Truthfully, if it's scorching hot outside and someone offers you a cold one of these, it gets the job done, so it gets SOME credit here.

Oh, yeah, and it's cheap. That can't be ignored.

08-04-2008 05:14:40 | More by UGADawgGuy
JBogan

Nevada

2.63/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

What the heck, might as well review this brew. We've all probably had it at one time or another.

On tap at a BBQ joint here in Vegas.

Pale gold with a slight foamy white head, almost no lacing.

Smelled of mild grains and not much else really.

Tasted much as it smelled. Rather weak overall, mainly a bit of grains. Nothing complex or interesting going on here at all.

Mouthfeel actually wasn't too bad. Meduim bodied with a fair amount of carbonation.

Well, if this is all you have available then it could be worse. Of course there are a thousand or so other brews that are more interesting and delicious than this, but overall it wasn't too offensive. Just another American Macrobrew.

08-03-2008 03:46:53 | More by JBogan
kinger

1.45/5  rDev -32.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

I have had this in every form for many years. The only reason I'm reviewing it now is because I was at a private function at a bar last weekend and my choices included this or bud-light both draught. "The lesser of two evils" I told the bar keep and keep em coming. Poured a straw yellow with a slight hint at carbonation and even less head I didn't see any lacing clinging to my fancy plastic Cleveland Browns cup. Aroma gave off hints of cheap flat american p*ss, followed by a mouthfoul of day old fraternity keg freshness. This beer felt like stale pond water on my palate and finished not fast enough. It was $10 all you could drink from 1:00 to 6:00, I think I got half of my money's worth. All joking aside I am not rating this beer solely on that last experience. Miller Lite is a very typical American Lite beer, and like all Lite Beers I avoid them like my in-laws. One or two can be a little refreshing on a summer day if they are extremely cold, however I prefer beer with more flavor and body.

07-31-2008 18:07:31 | More by kinger
beerthulhu

1.83/5  rDev -14.5%

A: Poured a clear, bright gold with a quickly diminishing white fizzy head that left no traces behind. Visible carbonation was light.

S: The nose was quite strange, lemon pledge is the best way to describe it with some sour wet grains.

T: light wet grains with a sour muskiness and sour broccoli taste. Leaves a sour lemony broccoli fade. yeah it was pretty much as bad as it sounds. Overall just plain bad, musty, sour with some metallic nature adding insult to injury.

M: watery while leaving a sour vegetable lacing.

D: Drinkability, if you decide to accept is unimpressive and horrible. How people can stomach the taste of this is beyond me. A dumper.

07-29-2008 23:29:50 | More by beerthulhu
Haybeerman

2.15/5  rDev +0.5%

A: Bright, clear straw yellow. Half inch white head that immediately dissipated. No lacing.

S: Faint fruity yeast flavor.

T: Grain, corn. Slight green apple aftertaste. Ever so slight bitterness - maybe my imagination. As advertised, more taste than a lot of other mainstream domestic light beers.

M: Carbonation was dominant. Nothing in between made for clean finish.

D: Definately could swill large quantities with no ill effects.

07-29-2008 12:40:38 | More by Haybeerman
tbeck

Washington

2.7/5  rDev +26.2%

The beer poured a pale yellow with a good head. Slight laciness as it was drank. Smelled of malts and cereal grains. Taste was of cereal grains, not much else. Texture was water. This is a good beer for a hot day, went down easy. No flavor, but if your looking at getting an easy buzz, who cares. Overall decent compared to the other american micros.

07-13-2008 00:47:12 | More by tbeck
Mdog

2.98/5  rDev +39.3%

Appearance: Pale yellow, decent head.

Smell: Not appealing, wet hay. Good thing I normally drink this straight from the bottle or can!

Taste: Light sweet bread flavor. Similar to MGD but less of it.

Drinkability: This is the tailgate beer, the keg party beer, etc. Drinkable by the gallon with few ill effects if you have prepared correctly.

Miller Lite, my secret shame, the beer I have probably had more of than any other since every tailgate, 75% of post-softball drinking, and most parties I go to serve this. It is pretty much water, but it is my favorite light beer.

07-04-2008 21:59:20 | More by Mdog
BlackHaddock

United Kingdom (England)

1.53/5  rDev -28.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

One of four beers from this brewery I tried and reviewed while on holiday in Tobago. I disliked all of them. How does this brewery survive, their products are awful.

12oz can, poured cold into a cold half pint tumbler.

Very pale gold, full white head at first, soon fell away to a thin covering.

This is a nothing beer, no aroma, no taste or body to it. A waste of money.

06-24-2008 19:04:57 | More by BlackHaddock
DrainBamage

1.58/5  rDev -26.2%

Pours a pale light yellow color with several inches of head that dwindles down to a lace. Smell is overbearing with adjuncts and corn galore. I know this is a light beer, but come on it tastes like corn water. It goes down easy, because it is lightly carbonated and has absolutely no hops whatsoever. This is sorry excuse for a beer. I'm not giving this a hard time, because it's macro brew either. I will drink some of their stuff, but if your looking for a cheap and/or light beer, this should be your last choice.

06-18-2008 05:45:49 | More by DrainBamage
Bitterbill

Wyoming

1.75/5  rDev -18.2%

Pours from 24oz can a very pale yellow with a decent head of foam.

The smell is typical of the style and in no way begging for my indulgance.

The taste has a slight lemony taste that is surrounded by oodles and oodles of water. Yeah, it's a light beer and it tastes like one. No surprises here and I'm just glad that I didn't have to buy a 6er just to review it. On to better things...

06-14-2008 18:50:46 | More by Bitterbill
wiseguy142

1.73/5  rDev -19.2%

I felt sort of ironic pouring this beer in a glass, but I did it anyway. Good for me.

Pours a shining luminescent and painfully clear and bubbly yellow with an excessive, soapy and plasticy head.

Smells like water.

I think about 5% of the taste registers in my mind as being malt. The other 95% is more than vaguely reminiscent of paper.

I usually don't excessively macro bash, but I usually buy Miller High Life for my binge drinking purposes and decided to take the "step up" to Miller Lite. It was really like 20 steps down. However, if you can remove from your brain the expectation that what you are putting into you is going to be beer, it may be possible to down many of these due to its super light character and no-nonsense.. well.. no-anything flavor content.

06-06-2008 17:15:50 | More by wiseguy142
Onenote81

2.38/5  rDev +11.2%

Very pale beer that never pours well. Rarely holds head retention and minimal lacing. Smells sour, tastes sour. Have only really ever enjoyed it at baseball games when I needed something to wash down my bratwurst. The only redeeming quality is that it sponsors my Milwaukee Brewers. Yikes. Avoid.

06-03-2008 21:08:04 | More by Onenote81
NOOGIE

Wisconsin

2.9/5  rDev +35.5%

I'm not a fan of this beer at all, but this weekend my friends wanted to split some beer, and I know they wouldn't want to drink Pabst,so we agreed on Miller Lite.

The look was yellow straw color, not much foam in this beer. Smells like water, grains, and metal. Taste like water or watered down beer. Feels like it tastes easy feel, nothing bad about this beer. Drinkability very easy to pound a case of this beer. So if you are up for a long night of drinking get some of these in you.

06-02-2008 03:15:50 | More by NOOGIE
Stinkypuss

1.15/5  rDev -46.3%

A. Served on tap at a local sports game. Appeared straw yellow with some head.

S. Smells like corn, thats about it.

T. Once again a slight corny twang with subtle notes of vomit. Pretty awful.

M. Watery all the way through.

D. Some people pound these, but personally, one was more than enough for me.

05-26-2008 16:01:07 | More by Stinkypuss
righlander

4.2/5  rDev +96.3%

Pours super light yellow...it almost looks like soda-ish, like sprite but yellow.
Smells faintly of rice and grain..FAINTLY!
Taste is really light. it's hard to pick out a lot about it, but very clean and refined tasting.
Mouthfeel is light and carbonated nothingness
Drinkability is great...I once drank a 20 pack of these!

Dudes, if your're going out and want to hang for the long haul, you can drink these all night. Great beer for 5 hour sessions. One weird thing is though, the buzz actually seems lighter than with real beers. I like these sometimes. Good for long days at the beach. This beer brings back a lot of memories. I will always go back to it at times. It has it's place and time. I mean, what do you want from a super light macro beer? I'll tell you what i want...Drinkability. I think a bunch of people are not reviewing beers according to the style of the beer. I mean, are you going to sit here and say "This stout is too full bodied"? This beer is brewed to taste like nothing. And thats just what it is. I can't think of a better super light macro beer. Best served BALLS COLD!

05-24-2008 05:11:52 | More by righlander
soupyman10

District of Columbia

2.38/5  rDev +11.2%

Had this one out with friends, figured I'd put down a review. Straw yellow color, with a surprisingly good head, and solid lacing (!). Seriously, I don't get it. Looks like piss with an excellent head. Nose is minor, grain and malt. Taste is likewise, with a touch of skunkiness. Feel is thin, but that's mostly to be expected. Tastes like nothing, no question, but it didn't look bad and you could drink a bunch of them.

05-17-2008 13:14:34 | More by soupyman10
daythree16

Tennessee

2.58/5  rDev +20.6%

Served on tap at a local eatery. When our server brought the beer, it had no head and was very cold. The beer is a very light gold, bordering on transparent.

The aroma is of light grain, and maybe a little rice. The taste is almost like beer mixed with sparkling water. All malt, but not strong at all, and no hop presence.

The mouthfeel is again, like that of water. Probably the best of the macro light lager variety, but still almost flavorless. Given the choice I would not order another. However, with all that said, I can still drain quite a few of these when there is nothing else to be found.

05-17-2008 01:05:47 | More by daythree16
ThreeWiseMen

2.58/5  rDev +20.6%

Appearance: No lacing, pale golden color, head was thick but only with a viscious pour; fades quickly

Smell: Corn Bready, sweat of the working class but is not able to eradicate the intense "Hi! I am a cheap beer, nice to meet you" Smell. Despair. Beer Pong, and carpets after a party.

Taste: Yeasty, dry, cheap beer, actually reminds me of a mexican beer, corn & losing in beer pong.

Mouthfeel: Crisp, easy, good call

Drinkability: Easy to drink, and probably better than most other light domestic lagers.

05-13-2008 02:08:28 | More by ThreeWiseMen
EnojysAnyBeer

Colorado

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Bought cans with friends in order to get drunk. I don't like light beer but whatever.

A- Looks like a basic can

S- Smells ok with a bit of wheat

T- Tastes ok with not much flavor but some sweetness

M- Feels good with extra-light body

D- Drinks easy like a light beer should

05-10-2008 08:16:08 | More by EnojysAnyBeer
JonathanL7890

2.48/5  rDev +15.9%

Had this yesterday in a 16 oz can given to me by a coworker when I was working late.
Served freezing cold (in a paper bag -- cool)
Appearance : thin foamy head that quickly dissipated into a fizz.
Smell : none zip zero smelled like air.
taste: a little bit malty -- no hops that I could detect.
mouthfeel : suprisingly good for a beer this light.
drinkability : pretty good -- that's why it is so popular I guess. I'd rather drink this than water but it's a tossup betwee club soda and Miller light.

05-07-2008 23:24:13 | More by JonathanL7890
rye726

1.15/5  rDev -46.3%

Ah the younger brother of Miller. Or as Daniel Plainview says, "You are the bastard of a bastard."
A: Yellow color with a tan head that dissapates quickly.
S: Light grain and yeasts about sums it up.
T: Very light and very grainy. Not much going on here.
M: Light body and over carbonated.
D: Not the worst lager I have ever had, but pretty close. I think I'll have a water.

05-05-2008 17:36:58 | More by rye726
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.