Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

From 05/29/11 notes. Part II of my reviewing bad beers at a wedding. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a tulip like glass.

a - Pours a clear, pale golden color with one finger of fluffy white head and high carbonation evident.

s - Smells of sour bready, grain, rice, wheat, and metallic notes. The sourness and metal blends into a truely aweful smell.

t - Tastes of cigarettes, metallic notes, sour bready, wheat, and grain. The metal and sourness from the nose is now mixing with what I imagine cigarette butts taste like. I've always pitured the brewers brewing this beer while smoking, and just throwing the butts in as they finished their cigarettes.

m - Light body and high carbonation. Water-like feel and too carbonated.

o - Overall this is one of my least favorite beers, and probably the worst of the BMC products in my opinion.

At this point in the night I saw someone with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which was apparently being served at one bar but not the other, so I abandoned my bad beer reviewing and switched to SN and whiskey for the rest of the night.

mdfb79, May 30, 2011
2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

I won't bother with my typical ASTMO review. Pale yellow appearance with small quickly dissapating head. Faint grainy smell that smells almost sweaty. Very light malty taste with a metallic finish. Mouth feel is crisp with a weird carbonation tingle. I am embarrased to admit that in my early years this was my go to. Not the worst "lite" beer but won't ever seek it out.

txbrew81, May 29, 2011
2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

Pours a straw yellow with bubbly white head that quickly dissipates.

Smells of metallic grain and a slightly, lemony yeast.

Taste when cold is largely nonexistent, but as it warms, it has a melded flavor of metallic grain and corn with a very faint hop bite lingering in the background. It is not horrible in of itself, but when considering what a pilsner can be this is almost blasphemy. Not horrible just blah.

Chickenhawk9932, May 29, 2011
1.85/5  rDev -14.4%

A: Poured a golden pale yellow with two fingers of very airy head. Fair retention but no lacing.

S: Very mild grassy hop note. Corn flakes. Hint of stale yeast.

T: Very mild overall. Comes on with a bit of sweetness like corn flakes in milk, then immediately takes on a sort of chalky sour perspective much like alka seltzer, coating the mouth and washing the palate clean leaving nothing afterwards but hint of stale air.

M: Very thin and fizzy.

O: Better appearance than its rivals and extra points for detectable hops in the nose but overall a flavorless chalky brew.

legalpete19340, May 24, 2011
1.75/5  rDev -19%

Unfortunately had to drink one of these at a cook out yesterday...
Review is from memory although I wish I couldn't remember it.

A: Diluted apple juice with an odd level of carbonation.

S: ... I don't believe there is any, maybe some barley and the tears of the brewer who was forced to make such an awful "beer"

T: Yup that is disgusting, moving on.

M: Thin and lacking.

O: This is terrible and I only consumed it in order to not offend my buddy. Please avoid and try not to get trapped into this one.

Alpar, May 23, 2011
2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

Served in the bottle at a bar. Can't see the color, but I can taste the yellow. The vortex allows for maximum flowage. Really splashes nice creamed corn and cheap grain all over my tongue. The triple hops can almost be tasted on the watery finish. This was a good hydrator, now for real beer.

Tripphop, May 23, 2011
2.35/5  rDev +8.8%

Served in a can.

I've seen what this beer looks like before. It's a very pale straw yellow, typical of most American adjunct lagers.

Compared to other light beers, Miller Lite actually manages to produce some hoppy tones in the nose. However, they are very weak and only are present because the beer itself has no smell whatsoever.

The taste is typical of light adjunct lagers: barely malty, almost watery, with a pinch of alcohol. Compared to bud light and coors light however, miller lite does have traces of typical pilsner hops. Overall not terrible, I wouldn't refuse it at a party.

Mouthfeel is average.

Overall not impressed, but hey, it's better then the average light adjunct lager.

acelin, May 22, 2011

First had: ?

After years of abstaining from nasty fake beer, I imbibed heavily on this at a house-warming party last year. I still can't get the taste out of my mouth.

Pours a pale golden color with moderate carbonation and a finger or two of frothy white head that dissipates quickly. Weak aroma with notes of skunk, old grains, and bathwater. Tastes about the same: Pale malts, sickeningly sweet, gray water. Very light body, and goes down "oh so smooth." To be avoided.

Rifugium, May 22, 2011
2.15/5  rDev -0.5%

12oz can, Pilsener glass, stamped 'AUG0111' on the bottom.

Oh, just look at the brilliant clarity! This is the predictable light yellow gold beer, sterilely clear, with a short-lived white fizz on top. A small ring of white remains.

The smell is metallic with hints of corn. A bit of dirty dishwater, or steamed cabbage, or dms keeps things interesting, but not in a good way.

The flavor, if it can be called that, is not quite so bad as the smell. Crispness is what does it, dryness. Overall it's rather flavorless, with some gritty green hop and corn.

It's dry and fizzy as one would expect.

Miller Lite is the BMC I'd never had before coming to Arkansas. It's very popular here and much less so in California. It's as bad as any other light beer and I only drink it at parties.

brewerburgundy, May 17, 2011
2.93/5  rDev +35.6%

This is just "another american macro beer". To bad the amount of money spent on advertising couldnt generate a better beer. Look this beer is golden in color, clear with decent carbonation. The smell and taste is dominated by grain/barley. The mouthfeel is fine. After any sporting activity or workingin thehot sun....this beer tastes great....but when compared to others....not so much.

WoodBrew, May 14, 2011
2.83/5  rDev +31%

I've been consuming this on tap for awhile, since becoming 21.

Appearance: Well, you know? It's normal. Very clear, golden. Hay colored to say the least.

Smell: Not much going on. You really have to focus to get a whiff of anything. I mostly get corn from it and a slight malt flavor. I'm not really smelling any hops with this one.

Taste: Very light...woops sorry, I mean lite. I mean what do you expect? Predominately corny, very little malt and the slightest hit of used up hops graze the tongue at the end of the drink. It's a lite beer and that's what you have to expect.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated to high heaven. Almost burns my tongue. You know what though? I like it. It fits the beer very well. Beer goes down pretty easy and I end up doing about 7 or 8 of these before I call it a night...at the bar.

Overall. If I am at a bar that only has Budweiser, Coors, and this on tap, I will almost always go for this. Unless the Budweiser is actually Budweiser and not Bud Light. Actually wait...idk. Is there a difference? Miller Lite is ok but not worth the price to buy it by the pack. Better off with something cheaper like Strohs, Old Milwaukee, Schlitz, Milwaukee's Best, Blatz, or Pabst.

PapillonJohn, May 12, 2011
1.88/5  rDev -13%

330 mL can poured into a plastic cup on the airplane.

Believe it or not, this was my first time trying this. I've never been one to drink just to get drunk, so I've always been concerned about taste. On the plane, the choices were Heineken (which I've had on several occasions--it's ok, but not crazy about it) and Miller Lite, which I'd never tried so I might as well for review purposes.

A: thin, pale yellow, very fizzy but no head

S: aluminum (from the can), thin beer smell

T: here was the surprise in some ways--I expected this to be awful--but it wasn't. It just didn't taste much of anything at all--and that's pretty awful in itself.

O: not as horrible as I expected to be honest, but this won't be a regular.

fullsweep, May 09, 2011
1.9/5  rDev -12%

I just drank a 750 ml bottle of Caribou Slobber homebrew, which is delicious, so my taste buds might be numbed to already review this shitty beer.

A: Average color for an American macro lager. No head and mild lacing.

S: A very, very faint sweet and corny aroma.

T: Miller Lite has a very sweet flavor with no recognizable hop bitterness. It pretty much tastes like a liquid corn tortilla chip with no salsa.

M: Overly carbonated. This beer feels like a soda in your mouth. If I were to take a big chug the effervescence would burn like hell.

O: Meh, just a macro American beer. Most are similar, and all are not very good. I will never purcase this with my own money, but I certainly will never turn one down, especially on a scorching summer's day.

jifigz, May 07, 2011
1.78/5  rDev -17.6%

A: Clear straw color, medium carbonation visible, no head that sticks around. See through beer that doesn't have an impressive appearance at all.

S: Hardly any. Do not pick up on any hop scent, maybe a little bit of malt, but that's it. Smells like off-smelling water.

T: Very light body, no alcohol, hop, or noticeable taste.

M: Refreshing, but again so is water. It doesn't stimulate the mouth at all, very light body could let one mass consume these without noticing it.

O: Bad beer. Only drink if you're mowing the lawn on a hot day and have nothing else around but water. No noticeable, distinguishing qualities; far from the triple-hops brewed slogan for taste.

mrseano, May 04, 2011
3.53/5  rDev +63.4%

Poured from the new Vortex bottle into a pint glass.

A: Clear, pale straw color, basically what you'd expect from a light lager. A little bit of a head but that fades before too long.

S: Faint aromas of malt and hops make up this one. Not too much going on, but again, that's to be expected from a light lager. A little more scent than other light lagers from BMC, however.

T: Very crisp taste, with a bit of tart fruitiness present in the finish. Faint grains along with faint malts/hops. Very good for a mass produced light beer.

M: Light mouthfeel. Miller Lite has a pretty decent amount of carbonation with a smooth finish.

D: Very good drinkability. Easy to throw back a few of these.

A very respectable mass produced light lager. This one takes first place in the battle of light BMC beers in my opinion. Always a good pick me up.

HockeytownBrew, May 03, 2011
2.63/5  rDev +21.8%

Got this on draft at a family owned mexican restaurant. One finger head and your typical light golden hue.

Aroma was light and grassy.

Taste was a wee bit of malt with virtually no hop flavor at all. It's a little better than some of the other brands of lite beers but not by much.

Mouthfeel was watery and typical for your mass produced american lite beer.

Nothing to write home about here, it is what it is. An easy to drink beer when it's cold but only a little flavor.

Looneybiz, May 02, 2011
1.05/5  rDev -51.4%

Poured from a can that thankfully "Locks in that great pilsner taste". Pilsner is one of if not my least favorite style, and this is Miller lite soooo....

A- Pours about a fingers worth of fizzy white head that dissapates quickly, very quickly. The brew is a very clear, straw like color. Lots of carbonation.

S- Ick, everything about this smells metallic. I suppose theres pale malts used in this but its hard to tell. Dried corn, stale wheat, and more metal.

T- Everything about this says stale. Stale wheat, stale barley, and stale corn. The metallic presence rears its ugly head in the flavor too. Aftertaste is somewhat of lima beans, gross. I like succatash(lima beans and corn), but not this.

M- "Lite". The carbonation is there but very faint. I think selzter water has a more carbonated feel.

O- Yes, yes, admit it. A majority of us used to drink this regularly at some point. Let us all take the time to thank the Alstrom bro's for creating this site to save us from beers like this.

haazer, Apr 29, 2011
1.78/5  rDev -17.6%

Triple hops brewed huh? We shall see. Pours a wimpy one finger head, completely white. The body is completely see through, tons of carbonation, bright yellow in color. Looks pretty terrible, no real good things at all. As for the smell, it might be the most unimpressive smell I have ever smelled in a beer, which is saying a lot. I mean....I get absolutely NO smell, I mean I am sniffing real hard here and all I am picking up is a tiny bit of malt on the nose, other than that is just smells like water. I mean in some ways I am looking forward to this because it smells super clean and refreshing, and it has almost no smell, so that means it probably has almost no flavor, and if you have almost no flavor, than you can't have to much bad flavor even if it is flavor, right? I guess I'm just looking at the bright side of things, since I've been enduring some pretty bad adjunct lagers recently. I want to give this some point on the smell for smelling what I would call less offensive, but really, less smell, and less taste in any beer is not a rewardable thing. I mean....I'm really confused here, because I enjoy drinking it, it's not a bad thing to drink, but that's because it has absolutely no flavor, it might as well be sparkling water, seriously. I dunno, I can't give it 1.5 in every category, and since BA got rid of the drinkability tab, I guess I have to give it a 2 on taste. I mean if I was just rating it as a beverage I would give it a 3, but as a beer it gets a 1.5, maybe 2 because it has absolutely no flavor. The mouthfeel is ok, considering the rest of the beer is the weakest thing I've ever tasted. Overall...I'm just so confused with this beer, easy drinking, not a horrible taste, but....no taste what so ever. I mean describing what I taste in this beer would actually be insulting to beers than actually do have flavor.

MaltsOfGlory, Apr 26, 2011
2.5/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This is a decent beer. I'm just travelling the USA right now on a road trip and I decided to have a few of these - drank out of the vortex bottles, of course. It's not that interesting and I find it has very little taste and doesn't seem nearly as crisp as comparable Canadian lagers. Also, the abv. can't be compared...it may say 4% but it tastes/feels like 2%, as if it were "table beer". Good enough to drink and chill out with on the patio in the summer though. It's not a good session beer due to the low alcohol - would take all night just to get a buzz off this stuff. A respectable American classic in the end, I suppose.

RyanBelle, Apr 26, 2011

Poured from a can into a Stein.

Look - very light golden color, clear, with about a finger or two of close to white-colored foam that dissipates slowly.

Smell - it smells typical of that of a light lager. Very grainy and cereal like.

Taste and Mouthfeel - still very cereal-tasting, but has a bit more malt bite than expected, but only a very little bit. There's not much to the taste at all, and so hard to ID anything more. Texture is very watery, but not as bad as it could be.

Overall - not bad tasting, but very very plain and uninteresting.

Nerudamann, Apr 25, 2011

Poured into a pint glass. Bottom of can says May 1611.

A: Pours a light golden color. No cloudiness. One finger pale yellow head fades quickly. Head was fizzy, but with its disappearance just about all the carbonation seems gone. No lace.

S: Faintest hay and grass aromas, tiny bit of sweetness. Inoffensive, but weak.

T: Nothing bad, but nearly nothing at all. No trace of the triple hops, just a faint, nondescript sweet something. Nothing develops over the course of the sip, or the can.

M: Light. Tiny bit of carbonation left.

O: If it's really hot out, and this is cold, it's okay. If there's nothing left in the fridge, hopefully you had something better before this. In any case, better than Busch Lite, but that's not saying a lot. Great taste? Less filling.

AmericanGothic, Apr 23, 2011
1.8/5  rDev -16.7%

12 oz can poured into tumbler pint.

A: One finger bright white head dissapates fast. Crystal creal bright yellow color. Tons of carbination from etched bottom.
S: Honestly it smells like an Adjunct lager. Sweet graininess, also a very very slight touch of grassiness(probably because it is triple hopped)
T: Tastes as smell suggests. Sweet highly carbinated zero bitterness.
M: Ultra thin and watery.
O: This beer loses big time points because the "drinkability" rating has been taken away. Overall terrible.

jmich24, Apr 21, 2011
3.85/5  rDev +78.2%

Of course no the greatest beer in the world. Allthough this is IMO the greatest cheap ass beer in the world. Alot better than Natty and does not taste like sugar like Bud Light. A great palate cleanser inbetween great beers. I also love drinking this beer on hot days. A great college beer or pong beer. Always good to have a first love until the next one comes.

STKPICR0720, Apr 16, 2011
1.68/5  rDev -22.2%

Poured a straw colour. Head disappeared too fast for me to really notice anything about it. It had almost no smell. What was there was a hint of cheap malt. The carbonation is high and it seems to be a predominant part of the taste. It's extremely watery, but the little taste that is there is just plain bad. It's like a nasty cracker taste. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Really really bad bread or crackers is all I can come up with. Don't drink this beer. It doesn't taste like beer.

ElCommodoro, Apr 11, 2011
2.38/5  rDev +10.2%

Poured out of a 12 oz bottle. Looks about the same as any beer you'd usually play pong with. Thin and clear straw yellow color. Not much head.

Smelled slightly of grain, and alcohol. Not much hint of anything worth looking forward to. Not horrible though. Just bland.

Tasted about how it smelled. Very plain with a hint of alcohol. Not very impressed but it is great for drinking games I suppose.

Very watery feeling. Goes down just as easily as a glass of water. I would have no problem pounding one after another if I chose too.

Overall a typical cheap beer. Nothing special but nothing awful either. Good for what its worth. Not my first choice though.

TheZakOne, Apr 10, 2011
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.