Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.85/5  rDev +32.6%

I know BMC brews are not highly regarded on BA but....

16oz plastic bottle poured into a standard pint glass.

A: very crisp golden color with a pure white head that lingers for a bit.

S: Not much going on here even with the "triple hop brewed" profile. Some malt in the back of the nose.

T: It is what it is. A very light (yet fullest of light beers IMO) lager taste.

M: Light bubbly body. This is by far the fullest bodied light BMC beer there is.

O: Not great yet not the worst thing I have ever tried. A decent BBQ brew if nothing else is around.

Cuzco, Apr 03, 2011
2.58/5  rDev +20%

Take this beer for what it is. Not what you wish it was.

Appearance is similar to the pee you have when you are dehydrated. It makes the world yellow if you try and look through it.

Smells kind of sweet and dry. I think it smells like fresh sweat or three day old opened sake.

Taste is thin with some bitterness. Like watered down chardonnay. It is very refreshing in a way that only seasoned pros can appreciate.

Mouthfeel is watery and crisp.

It is what it is: An easy drinking light adjunct. I do love the commercials where they tell you to man up and drink more lite beer. haha

GoNowhere, Mar 28, 2011
1.8/5  rDev -16.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

2011 vintage 12 oz bottle 'vortex' poured into my Bruery tulip. Served at fridge temperature. The aggressive 'vortex' pour filled the tulip with less head than expected. Looks perfectly clear of junk, which I can see well because it is somewhere between the color of water and the color of straw. The head is gone almost immediately, other than a thin ring around the edge of the glass. Impressed with the clarity of the brew and nothing else. Smells of corn, and maybe a bit a wheat. Not much coming off the nose, really. Poor aroma. Flavor is muted by the carbonation that fills the mouth. Otherwise, I get corn again, and almost nothing else. This is advertised as 'triple hops brewed', but there is no hop presence. The tiniest hint of sweetness lingers behind and then fades. The mouthfeel is very light and thin, but aggressively carbonated. Almost abrasive, like a diet soda. It's funny, beers of this class are supposed to be very drinkable, but I find this to be less drinkable than many beers. Overall, this is just a poor beer. There is no way to rate consistency, but I added a touch to the overall based on the impressive nature of producing massive volumes of product the same at all times. That said, this beer tastes like almost nothing, smells like nothing, is overcarbonated and generally disappoints.

seeswo, Mar 26, 2011
1.7/5  rDev -20.9%

A&S: Pours golden, very clear and with about two fingers worth of head with pretty good retention. Smells like corn.

T&M: Zero taste as it hits the tongue. Flavor comes on later, tastes like barely anything and not much else with a kind of gross aftertaste. Mouthfeel is like bubbly water.

D: I think the drinkability they advertise refers to the fact that you have to drink it quickly to avoid the bad taste. Also, as it warms the taste gets worse and worse until it tastes sort of like vomit. Only reason I'm drinking this one because I'm all out of my tasty IPAs and these are left over from when I had friends over ages ago.

Tartarus, Mar 25, 2011
2.42/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Had because of a $1 Happy Hour @ Cheeburger, Cheeburger in Chesterfield, MO. Poured from the Famous Vortex Bottle into a Mason Jar. Second time drinking from a Mason Jar, (first one at a Lagunitas Special Night w/ their Fusion 4).

Appearance- Clear, yellow with 3 fingers of head that a very bubbly and quite a long retention. A medium amount of lace was left behind as well.

Smell- Pilsner and grain smell but not anything special.

Taste- A grassy and grainy taste but nothing like the "three hops" marketing add they throw out to us...

Mouthfeel- Extremely Light Bodied, High amount of Carbonation, and Smooth for the most part.

Drinkability- Like always, only a beer I would go to if there are specials on it. NEVER would go out of my way for it or pay over $1 for it. Used to getting it in a pitcher at Maggie O'Briens Downtown St. Louis for 50 cents. Very nice!

DCon, Mar 25, 2011
2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Pour on this brew isn't very thrilling. It got a typical yellowish/brown color. it has bit of a head that fades to just about nothing. There is absolutely no lacing or retention what so ever. Its slightly darker then some of the other Macro brews out there.

Has a bit of a barley and hops aroma, but nothing that again is thrilling. It actually smells pretty watered down. Just not much too it.

For a Macro brew, this is one of the better ones I have had. When really cold and poured with a bit agitation, it has a great crisp barley flavor. Not to bad.

Mouthful has huge carbonation in this brew. Not much else.

Though this is a macrobrew, its not the worst of the worst, it has good flavor and goes down without any issues. On a hot summer day or for a party needing some cheap beer, this is a great hands on brew.

mattgreger, Mar 22, 2011
2.23/5  rDev +3.7%

Millier Lite looks good enough: clear light yellow color with a very small head. The carbonation is very active, the head disappears quickly leaving no lacing. I didn't notice any distinguishing aroma. The taste is mostly water, with all flavor surfacing after the beer has been on your tongue for a while. What you do taste isn't bad, but it isn't anything exciting either. Swallowing is easy and enjoyable enough. Better than most light beers.

iLovehops23, Mar 22, 2011
1.33/5  rDev -38.1%

Just grabbed one from my nieghbor who lives on the stuff!
Vortex bottle poured into pint glass.
No head which is what I expected, poured a very light pee yellow actually read paper thru the glass!
Had no smell/aroma what so ever and had a VERY weak taste tasted like lightly flavored water!
I can name 20+ other cheap "light" beers I would rather drink! Narraganesett Light is cheaper & has more flavor same can be said for Bud light etc.!!!

ant5431, Mar 21, 2011

This beer is much too overrated. It's better than most cheap beers out there but it's still nothing like the commercials make it out to be. What can said about Miller Lite in a positive manner? It pours nicely but it but the head dissipates into nothing which is rather boring. Not much else to say, It's yellow, a few bubbles from the bottom of the glass every few seconds. In all honesty the only use I have for this beer is to mix some Amaretto with it and have Dr. Pepper shots.

Knapp85, Mar 20, 2011
1.85/5  rDev -14%

No need to waste a cup on this one we've all had it in every shape and size.

The color of this one is a light clear yellow color with a small head on top that possibly contains the triple hops brewed effect?

The smell of this one is water and corn not really much else going on at all.

The taste of this one is light and crisp like club soda with corn in it.

The mouthfeel of this is light as hell and it is sort of refreshing.

Overall it is easy to drink but that doesn't mean you should drink it. After all lava is easy to drink if you have a heatproof cup but it probably will do the same thing to your insides as miller lite.

IchabodcraneIpa, Mar 20, 2011
2.15/5  rDev 0%

327th review on BA
can to pint
12oz can

Was at a family party tonight and I didnt feel like taking a 750 or a couple twelves with me, so decided to bite the bullet and just not be the beer geek of the family for one night, bad idea, I did however go in the house and get a glass to pour the beer into.

App- Very clear yellow with an actual one finger head. Was suprised it poured so nice out of a can.

Smell- There was a time when I would make every beer so cold I could barely hold it in my hand and not even smell it, this was a beer like that like where even in the glass it was at almost freezing and you just get a faint pils sense of a smell.

Taste- Its again super cold so no real flavor comes out in the beer. Was crisp on the tounge but you can't taste anything worth noting. A small faint pils taste I guess?

Mouth- Light bodied and high carb. A bit of corn after taste.

Drink- I shouldn't have bitten the bullet. It was just flavorless. No real reason to have one of these other than to say you are drinking a beer. No fullness on the drink, no real flavor.

FosterJM, Mar 20, 2011
2.88/5  rDev +34%

Im using almost the same reviews for American style light lagers

not gonna bother with serving type,
Im not the type to bash beers, for a company so successful, they can be given at least a respectable unbiased review, true beer drinkers are quick to bash american light lagers, but some are good for certain times, i cant sit at a game and throw back IPAs, or bourbon aged beers, but a light lager with a hot dog and peanuts on a hot day isnt so bad. Im a big beer pong fan, wont play with a $20 bottle of brooklyn black ops, now a review

Very pale yellow, white foamy head that can fade quick, light body mostly cause of using sugar and rice to keep the ABV up, the only way i can descibe the aroma is "beer" hops are faint just to make it enough to call it beer, Miller is among the best for this style of beer, its my "go to" when i go somewhere and dont wanna ask or think of a beer to drink, my dart game beer

Outchillen, Mar 16, 2011
2.42/5  rDev +12.6%

12oz. bottle, chilled.

Pours a pale, urine-yellow. Thin white head that quickly dissipates, has a high level of carbonation. Very little aroma or taste, the level of hops is a bit more than competitors but still this is a bland beer. Very watery, light-bodied beer, but this is accurate to the "light lager" style. Highly "drinkable", but I wouldn't want a bunch of these, they are boring and soulless like all macro light beers. Great for fat rednecks who seem to be enamored with this style.

Sudsy89, Mar 13, 2011
2.35/5  rDev +9.3%

Pours a piss yellow. Clear lots of bubbles and a tiny bit of head. Smells pretty non descript like malted corn. No triple hops on the nose... Tastes bland and unimpressive. Corn, sweetness, not much else going on. The slogan on the poster at the bar is "can you taste it?" To which I answer... No. Decent mouthfeel and as drinkable as any other shitty adjunct lager I guess

Urbancaver, Mar 13, 2011
2.7/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz innovative vortex bottle poured into a Whispering Springs pilsener glass. 2011 vintage ... not much age on it, but it does have the nice, shiny, (and rare) college basketball bracket logo on it. Clearly, a good batch :)

A: Pours a completely clear, vitamin-enriched urine color (for a lack of better descriptions). A hard pour yields a two finger white head that quickly settles to a patchy film and thin ring. No lacing whatsoever left behind. It's a pilsener ... what did you expect?

S: For being "triple hops brewed," there's really not a hint of hops in the aroma. Typical pilsener smell, with a subtle maltiness and grassiness. While there's not much there, there is a bit more than some of its macro competitors.

T: Really pretty bland, but just a hint of hops ... I'd swear it's only double hopped! Slightly, slightly grainy and bready, but I'm really searching for something here. Not much character, but it's not completely unpleasant.

M: It's not called a lite beer for nothing. Thin body, water feel, high carbonation. Crisp and bubbly on the tongue ... a little too bubbly, making it slightly prickly.

D: As much as I don't want to admit it, the drinkability is quite high. If you have realistic expectations about this it can be a little more enjoyable than the other big competitors. I could have several of these back to back to back, assuming I was trying to relive my college days or lived in Mississippi where this was the best pilsener available. Wait ...

Does this deserve an F? No. Is it tasty? No. Is it refreshing? Somewhat. Will I have more in the future? Of course. For an inexpensive afternoon of watching basketball with the guys and having a handful of brews, this is a great go-to. There's a lot I don't like about the company that makes this beer, but it does have its time and place.

Mississipping, Mar 12, 2011
1.45/5  rDev -32.6%

A friend of mine left five of these at my house after a shin dig we had. I brought four of them back to her and kept one because I thought it would be fun to review. There is nothing fun going on here.

So I've only pulled the bottle out of the refridgerator and I already hate myself for doing this. But anyhoo, vortex bottle (cause I"m gonna chug this) with atwist off cap dropped into my pint. Fair enough here. Can't deny that this looks pretty good. Light yellow color with a frothy white head and I'll be damned. Lacing.

So it's all down hill from here. The smell. It's like I boiled corn. Threw away the corn. Then used magic on the water to carbonate it. Then I bottled it. And now I'm drinking it. This sucks. Everything I said for the aroma applies to the taste. Maybe the taste is worse.

Mouthfeel. Light and carbonated.

Drinkability. I never want this again. I don't care how blitzed I am. I guess if I close my eyes and open my gullet it's not bad because I know it will be over soon.

I'll finish this.

Bendurgin, Mar 11, 2011
3.7/5  rDev +72.1%

I know we all enjoy the hand craft beer but I wanted to rate my favorite light macro beer. This is a Go to beer for all occasions. Looks like a macro beer, clear, golden yellow, clean white head. Smell of grain and slight hops. Love the taste for a light lager clean and crisp. Smooth and very easy to drink. Drink these all day and the next.

sweett3k, Mar 09, 2011
3.68/5  rDev +71.2%

Review to style as they say and for a mass produced macro swill this is my favorite for just chillin and enjoying some beer thats not gonna get me too wasted.

The appearance on all of em (macro swills) is pretty nice gold straw with continued effervescence throughout and a good carbonation level. Extremely drinkable and the flavor is a very mellow german or czech type hops. They arent making it strong but it still tastes like one of the beers I grew up with. To hell with beer snobbishness. Sometimes the truth might not be what you want to hear or believe.

I will happily drink miller lite anytime unless I'm really in the mood for something stronger & that might not even be a beer.

rousee, Mar 08, 2011
2.5/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

pours out pale yellow with a white bubbly head
Very little smell from this beer, a hint of corn and grass
Taste is very simple and crisp, not bad, unoffensive and clean
MF is very snappy and carbonated, ends dry
Not bad but very forgettable, nothing in this beer makes it anything out of the ordinary. Not really worth trying unless your looking for large quantity for a cheap price.

Tundruth, Mar 01, 2011
3.2/5  rDev +48.8%

This review covers one beer enjoyed from the Vortex bottle and one poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a pilsner glass. I decided I needed to have two because I could not rate the appearance of the beer while it was resting inside the bottle.

Twist off cap with slight "hiss" and no real aroma to be had. 1 inch head stuck around for about 30 seconds and dissipated to nothingness. Yellow corn color. Pale. Lots of fizzy carbonation.

Mild mild mild aroma of corn. Thin mouthfeel with again, lots of big fizzy bubbles. I don't get the function of the Vortex bottle, as I did not experience the beer spinning as I drank.

Flavor is clean, crisp, and not much else. Slight aftertaste of rice/corn or something. Tiny amount of bitterness that quickly fades.

Very drinkable. The only thing that detracts from its drinkability is the carbonation.

A pretty benign beer. Great for mowing the lawn or painting a fence.

nniicckkww, Feb 25, 2011

I hated drinking this stuff years ago in my twenties. But....this is what somebody would always order by the pitcher cuz it was CHEAP. That likely is the only reason this stuff is still so popular. That...and marketing.

A very pale yellow...very little if any aroma. Taste is not offensive...just not much there. Club sode with corn syrup and a hint of a bite at the end.

To be avoided at best.

Brunite, Feb 21, 2011
1.43/5  rDev -33.5%

12oz bottle poured into pint glass

Pours a urine yellow with tons of carbonation. A semi-frothed white head fades out into a layer of film with a ring of lacing,

Scents of metallic lemon rind, orange, grass clippings and crackers.

Some slight hop presence up front with assorted lemongrass tendencies. Lemon peel and citrus with some metallic orange. Crackers and pepper with absurd amounts of dryness. Finishes dry and bitter with biscuit malt.

Light body, high carbonation, dry and unpleasant from top to bottom. I suppose this drinks quickly; but the flavor, nose, and feel all suck, so it's probably best to get this one over with as soon as possible. Thumbs down.

xnicknj, Feb 21, 2011
2.78/5  rDev +29.3%

Appearance: light straw-colored, little head and no lacing.
Smell: Not much aroma here- corny and grainy.
Taste: Light hoppy intro on top of an adjunct-dominant base.A bit metallic. Aftertaste is clean.
Mouthfeel: About right for the style, perhaps a bit more than the average.
Drinkability: Made for frequent imbibement

Overall- non-offensive, average light beer. Bland and predictable for the most part.

coalcracker, Feb 20, 2011

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one.

brunrn1, Feb 18, 2011

12oz bottle. Well, I'd call this extremely below average for a light lager. This is actually the worst of the Big 3 light beers, which is sort of like saying that Scottish terrier crap is the best tasting variety of dog crap. Wait, what is this? "Triple-hops brewed" with a "great pilsner taste?" If I'm rating to style, I've got this all wrong! This beer is obviously intended to be a world-class pilsner with a prominent hop character. With that in mind, let's do this, shall we?

Very pale yellow color, white head. Somewhat fizzy and soda-like.

Aroma? What aroma? Did my nose suddenly fail me? Oh...it must be that faint corny smell. A little sweet grainy malt as well. Not being terribly offensive saves this from a 1.0. Where are the hops?

Lots of corn in what little flavor there is. Pilsner? Not even close. The massive hop additions they claim seem to have brought this beer to about a whopping 10 IBUs. Less taste, less filling.

Watery and light on the palate. Not nearly as clean and crisp as a great pilsner.

Drinkable? Sure, but so is water. My overall impression on this beer though is not a very good one.

camel92, Feb 16, 2011
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.