Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros

1.33/5  rDev -38.4%

What can I say other then it's a beer to drink at parties when u want a lot of beer for cheap. Pours a straw yellow with minimal head. It has no smell other then my dads breath. It is easy drinking because of all the water. This beer makes me feel good I found craft beer. So yea...

1.83/5  rDev -15.3%

2011 Can. Drinking it because there was left overs from cooking brats.

Appearance: Golden, see-through. Very fizzy. Pours a foamy white head.

Aroma: Smells like old captain crunch and college. Lots of grain/corn in the nose. There is a faint hop bitterness (from their "patented triple-hops brewing process" no doubt!).

Taste: College. Lots of corn flavor that probably goes great with chips at a party. There's some metallic can flavor in there too, but if you chug the beer you don't care or notice.

Mouthfeel: Extraordinarily light bodied, with lots of crisp carbonation. It is quite watery; perhaps just as much so as water.

Overall: Unless you are cooking brats or playing beer pong, there is no reason to drink this stuff. Even then, you should try a Marzen and Keystone (respectively).

2.38/5  rDev +10.2%

I had this on-tap at Wedges in Janesville, WI for $2 for a 12 oz glass in Fall 2011.

Pours a pale yellow color with a light fluffy head. Scent is very earthy and grainy with hints of yeast. Texture is very thin. The taste again has a very earthy taste of grassy grains and corn. I wasn't expecting a great taste but this was the only beer on tap I hadn't had at the bar yet so I gave it a try.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured into a pint glass.

It's a pale yellow with a foamy white head that quickly disappears and lots of carbonation.

It doesn't smell like much, corn and a faint whiff of hops.

It tastes like corn. Pairs great with tortilla chips.

This beer is watery and fizzy.

No thanks. I'd rather drink a Busch. But the tornado bottle, or whatever it's called, is wonderfully silly marketing.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%

Poured 39 degrees Fahrenheit into a tulip glass. No born date.

Pours a completely lucid gold with a very tall three finger, stark white head. Good lacing.

Smells of sweat and corn and college. Yikes.

Yhup. It's an American adjunct lager. This is probably the closest thing to water I think I could find. Some slight corn, a skunkiness on the finish. Bit of can flavor in there. Touch of sweetness at the end.

Mouthfeel is highly effervescent, slightly coating, but really almost completely gone after swallowing. It should be known that I regret swallowing.

You would probably have to pay me to drink this.

60.

1.08/5  rDev -50%

Bottle, tap, no matter, it's crap.

Aroma is horrid. Smells like faint rice, typical lite lager water.

Tastes like adjunct piss water. WTF does triple hops brewed mean?

Avoid this one, I implore you. It's slightly less worse than Coor's and Bud, though.

Go with PBR, Old Style or Hamm's instead, if this is the swill you're after.

1.33/5  rDev -38.4%

I'm not going to make a glass dirty with it, it looks awful in the can. I'm doing this as I lost a bet

S- it smells corny and some other undscribable scent that is really gross.. Sewage?

T- UGH.. Theres some hops in the backgroung (very faint) this taste awful. Mettalic and corny with some strong sewage flavors.

M- Feels like drinking a soda which is this beers highest quality

O- If you enjoy drinking out of septic tanks by all means I'll trade you a case of this for a 12oz bottle of anything decent or a case of natty light. It's that bad

1.43/5  rDev -33.8%

I just "manned up" so I thought I'd review this. As everyone knows, it's terrible. Yes, it has "more taste" than other mass produced American lagers... and that taste is shit. God the only thing that's worse than Miller Lite is their marketing campaign. Keep fighting the good fight Miller.

1.4/5  rDev -35.2%

Poured from a 12oz bottle. I was surprised, about the nice head, and decent lacing. Thats where it ends.

Smell: nothing there, but not offensive either

Appearance: Pale yellow, as one might expect from a light beer of this class.

Taste: Like tap water, only with carbonation. There wasn`nt the slightest bit of a flavor, that even made me think of a beer.

Mouthfeel: Bland, watery, and very thin.

Overall: Not a beer I would ever want to serve to guests, because it just doesn`t have the slightest flavor of what a beer should have. Clever advertising about being triple hopped, but where are the hops??

Avoid!!

3.48/5  rDev +61.1%

Honestly, my first review. Been drinking Beer for awhile, been reading Beer reviews for a little less longer, been reviewing Beer myself for a very short time (so far as yet.)

Miller Lite is my go-to cheap Beer. It's what my wife drinks. It's what I'll drink when I'm serving others, and I still want to semi-enjoy what I've got. I love hundreds of other Beers, and I'll pay plenty for a worthy Beer other than Miller Lite. But, when it comes to $13 for for a case, not a sixer, I'm down.

I'm not a Bud fan, I'm really not a Coors fan, and I can't do anything less than $10 a case - natty, busch, whatever; unless I'm using it for Beer pong, it isn't much worth drinking. I can always do some Miller Lite, because it's easy to go down, it has a hint of flavor, and it makes me happy. I can drink an entire case, or just enjoy one or two at dinner. It's very easy going down past your palette, it's bubbles make you think it's soda, it's little malt taste makes you think it might be Beer. A session Beer for sure; an enjoyable Beer, not so much. If you're trying to branch out to real Beer flavor, taste, and enjoyment, work towards this one at the very least. If you don't like anything that tastes slightly like malt, hops, barley, or flavor, go somewhere else. But Beeradvocate isn't the place for you either then I guess.

2.42/5  rDev +12%

Poured from a 16oz can into my trusty nonic. It produced a white, one-finger head, with minimal retention and zero lacing. Very pale straw yellow, not much to talk about.

Smell is of sweet grain and rice. "Triple hop brewed", huh?

Tastes like it smell. Sweet cereal grains and rice, that's it. No depth and zero hop character; on par with all other BACs.

Its only redeeming quality is its drinkability. There is no debate over the fact you can drink a ton of Miller Lite. This is a level above a session beer, this is a binge beer.

Overall, it is what it is: a shitty "pilsner" that fills the belly of many an ignorant or indifferent American. Don't get me wrong, there is a place for this type of beer (camping, fishing, tailgating), but there are better examples. My go to Adjunct Lager is PBR or even Special Export; a bit more flavor, but still usable for beer-pong or a good old keg stand. Cheers!

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

Review from notes: 9/28/2011
I tried my best to not be biased against Miller for this one

A - Pours basically a clear straw yellow color (a similar resemblance to my morning piss) with lots of bubbles. A half inch of white head dies in about 20 seconds. Looks pretty terrible.

S - A mesh of musty corn and sweet corn, sewage mixes in with beery alcohol. Again, not good.

T - I was surprised when I tasted this after seeing the presentation and smelling it. Quite flavorless, but what I do get is honestly not that bad (not quite good either). A light sweet corn flavor. Then, triple hops galore... PSYCH! Nothing really in the way of hops, maybe a touch on the finish. It is better than I expected, but overall flavorless, bland, and offensively unoffensive.

M - Way too bubbly for my liking. It just feels too carbed going down, like I'm drinking ginger ale or something similar. It is a tad crisp and refreshing, but not in a special way.

O - Well, I've tried the ultimate lawnmower beer, and while I'm walking away unimpressed, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. But... I'll never have this beer again, at least not by choice.

1.02/5  rDev -52.8%

Poured from a can into a pint glass. Color was clear golden. Minimal head. Minimal lacing. Minimal film.

Smelled very metallic. Also some corn in there.

Tasted metallic, watery and skunky.

Light body. Average carbonation.

Just an awful, awful beer. Probably the worst one I’ve ever had. Bud Light and Natural Light are ever better than this.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

served in a pint glass as my local dive...

A - A beautiful shade of piss yellow, with millions of fizzy little bubbles... seriously, these beers look like carbonated pee...

S - Despite the fact that this was served on tap, it still captures the metallic, corn type smell... man, this is gonna be rough..

T - wound up finishing the pint in about five gulps with the hope that I could move on to my next brew.. Very metallic...

M - I get more of a body from a Dr. Pepper

I know I've been dogging this product, but in all reality, it's not the worst of the BMC products...

1.45/5  rDev -32.9%

Served on-tap.

A: Very light gold. Clear crisp look with topped with a white-foamy cap.

S: Skunky. It was fresh from the tap but it smelled like it was stale.

T: Watered down. This was extremely watered down. I do not usually drink light beers but this tasted more like flat mineral water than beer. Hard to identify a particular taste.

M: Felt like drinking water. Left my mouth rather dry. Had to wash it down with a soda to get rid of the after-taste/feel.

Overall this is not a good beer by my standards. I hate slamming beers but this just is not a beer I would ever drink again or suggest to anyone. It lacked taste. I am a fan of full-bodied beers so that probably is why this lacked flavor.

1.93/5  rDev -10.6%

I had this on draft because my local bar had nothing but BMC and so I caved and bought one with my burger. When I got it, it just looked like your basic boring beer. After drinking tons of craft beers, this beer is ruined. As I drink it, I cant stand the taste at all. It was like drinking cow piss to me. I get about two ounces into it and told my buddy he can have it if he wants. There is just nothing about this beer that is any good at all. It is a joke and I cant belive I even wasted 2 dollars on such garbage.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

A- Golden yellow hue with almost no head

S- Malty pilsner smell, no hops present in the scent

T- Taste slightly skunked, but the taste that is there is of a pilsner, and slight malt. Extremely light bitterness on the finish

M- Not as watery as one would expect for a light beer. Carbonation is definitely present

O- of the three BMC light beers, this is definitely the superior of the three, but thats not saying a ton

A - nice clean crisp yellow. Nice head with good retention. some lacing too, not bad.

S - Nice light crisp. Slightly watery.

T - Very refreshing. Super good served ice cold, great for the style.

M - Perfect!

O - Best of the BMC group, plus I like their gimmicks ;) Seriously, for the style, the brew is pretty decent.

2.38/5  rDev +10.2%

Beer pours a clear yellow.

There is next to nothing as far as smell.

Taste is almost non existant as well. Slight taste of corn.

Moutfeel isn't bad, as it is crisp and cold.

Overall, not a horrible beer if you are looking to pound some while watching football.

1.9/5  rDev -12%

500ml can served into a generic hefeweissbier glass in low altitude Los Angeles, California. Reviewed live. Expectations are extremely low.

A: Pours a two finger head lacking cream and of pathetic thickness and bad retention. Colour is a light clear bland yellow. Unappealing.

Sm: Barley and malt. That's it. Simple and boring.

T: Faux cream - very artificial and stale - comprises the open and drags into the body. The foundation is water and maybe a touch of barley. Bland malt adds a little something to form the climax. Really pathetic all around, but thankfully the malt isn't brutal like in many Spanish lagers. It's badly built and rather imbalanced. Bleh.

Mf: Actually a bit coarser than many American macro lagers. Wet and watery. Not thick, but a bit gulpy. Certainly bad any way you slice it.

Dr: You can down it very easily; frat boys do it all the time. It's cheap and very available - which may be its best feature. However, its ABV is far lower than say, High Gravity Steel Reserve, which costs less per alcohol percentage and tastes a fair bit better. If you're a student looking to get drunk on a budget, this isn't the best beer to go to unless you maybe live in Milwaukee. Avoid this beer regardless of your intention; there are always better brews available.

1.83/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

no need to fully review this. my go to when i go to a kickback or am gonna play some beer pong. if im going to buy a cheap domestic light beer this is pretty much what im going for. better taste than bud light and not watery like coors light. if anyone can recommend something better let me know

1.15/5  rDev -46.8%

had to have this beer for several times tonight, thought I should review. Poured from tap into a pint, frozen pint even. Looks, smells, taste, like everything I dislike from a beer. The only good thing I can say is that the head retention is quite nice. But the head doesnt cover the taste or aroma.
NOt the worst beer I've had, but one of hte worst I've had lately.

2.33/5  rDev +7.9%

Poured into 10oz pilsener glass. Poured a bright pale yellow color that was very clean and clear. The beer had less than 1/4 inch of white head that dissipated instantly and left no lace.

There was no noticeable aroma. On the tongue, there was just a very slight taste of grain, otherwise, nothing. Given the lack of scent or taste, the beer had a surprising bit of body. Drinkability was OK for the style. Overall, kind a bland, meh beer. But that kind of describes the style. If you're going to drink a light beer, you can do better, and worse.

3.25/5  rDev +50.5%

Sometimes I amaze myself. With a plethora of craft beers in my man room fridge, including a Bell's Hopslam and numerous other gems, I picked up a six pack of Miller Lite at Kroger tonite on my way home from work.. Oh well, on to my review..

A -- Golden clear, with some bubbles and a frothy white head.

S -- Triple hopped? Not hardly.. Very little smell. Maybe some corn, not much else.

T -- This is my favorite part. Not bad at all. This is very good for a light beer. Crisp and very refreshing after a long night of work.

M -- Kinda thin.

O -- The smell and taste bring me way back, to my late teens when I did a brewery tour at Miller Brewing in Milwaukee and participated in a tasting afterward. This was when the drinking age was 19 in Wisconsin.

Now, age 48 and definitely into craft beer, I find this as an acceptable beer when you want to break from the norm and want to try something simple.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.