Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.08/5  rDev -50%

Of the macro's this is my least favorite one by far. I'd take a coors of bud light any day over this. Maybe its just that I don't like pilsners, lol. The aroma to me is skunk all the way and taste is putrid skunk with a harsh after taste. For me it just doesn't get any worse than this.

jrallen34, Aug 10, 2010
1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

a - clear copper very white head head stays well

s - strong hopps smell nothing much other then that

t - watery hopp taste

m - high carbonation

d - i would say its a decent starter beer for nonbeer drinkers also you can typically find it for 5 bucks a pitcher so for the price its drinkable

bierguru, Aug 08, 2010
1.78/5  rDev -17.6%

If BMC are my only choices, then I'll go for a Miller Lite, but in this day and age of $6-8 beers at sporting events, I'm reaching more and more for water and leaving the beer drinking at home and at pubs!

Triple Hops Brewed must mean three (and only three) hops in each batch of beer... Better taste than it's counterparts from AB and Coors, but not by much. Carbonation level seems annoyingly high.

WolfKeeper, Jul 30, 2010
2.95/5  rDev +36.6%

Poured a see thru piss yellow with a finger of head that dissapated quickly and left some decent lacing on the glass. I definitely get aromas of various grains and water off the bat but also get faint malt and wheat notes. This a very thin and watery beer with grains as the dominate factor on the taste which has a little malt but that's about it; very bland flavor. The beer was super thin in body with a good amount of carbonation that had a grainy watery and slight crisp finish. The beer drinks very good because its so damn watery which makes for a great session beer and also a brew you can have lots of in the hot summer day. Oh....and the only reason I'm reviewing this beer is to gain beer style points cause I need to review a light lager.

Gobzilla, Jul 27, 2010
2.33/5  rDev +7.9%

A: Clear pale straw color with white head that fades quickly.

S: Faint grain aroma.

T: has a slight sweetness and mild bitter finish.

F: Light body (watery), fairly high carbonation.

D: Only decent if served ice cold. Of the beers for the masses or mass consumption this beer has the edge over Bud Light & Coors light.

soju6, Jul 24, 2010
2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

OK, going to TRY to review this to style, and yeah, it's a tick, but whatever...

10oz can, best by Aug 9, 2010.

Pours VERY light yellow with a 1 1/2 finger white head that quickly reduces to a faint cap. Lacing? Maybe for a half-second or so.

Aroma is the best part of the beer, and it ain't saying much. Corn, sweet grain, and that's about it. But the aroma is of moderate strength...you can actually smell it which is a plus for the style.

Flavor is incredibly weak, a touch of corn and grain. Very faint.

Mouthfeel is thin, medium carbonation.

Thank god this can had a Taste Protector Lid™, otherwise it may have tasted even worse. For a light adjunct lager it is OK...I guess, but if I want a light beer I'll go for a Guinness every time over swill like this.

elgiacomo, Jul 22, 2010
2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

Poured from a can into a plastic cup. Straw color, with a thin white head that dissipated quickly. Faint grain and bread aromas. A very light and watery body. Between the carbonation and very light body it was difficult to detect much flavor other than some faint, weak hops.

malloyca, Jul 21, 2010
2.68/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

355ml can poured into a pint glass

A - pale yellow colour, small fizzy head that dissipates quickly

S - light fragrance, smells of alcohol and grains..

T&M - grassy hops and grain, a bit of a dry aftertaste. Average carbonation, slightly watery (as most light beers are)

D - It's a decent light beer.. better than most in its class. Gets the job done if you're looking to drink a bunch of these while camping etc.

spinrsx, Jul 20, 2010
2.08/5  rDev -3.7%

This is a social beer. It's nice if you've only got a ten in your pocket and want to down a six pack. It's good for getting drunk. However, it's watered down and not that complex. At least it's better than bud light. The one good aspect is that it can work well with a good bbq or a cheap New York Strip.

newcastleme, Jul 20, 2010
2.73/5  rDev +26.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

The beer of my college years.

The beer pours a clear yellow color with a white head. The aroma is corn with some other grains. Very simple. The flavor is corn, grassy hops and grain. Not much going on, but nothing too terribly offensive. Light bodied and medium mouthfeel. A decent drinker.

Mora2000, Jul 20, 2010
1.23/5  rDev -43.1%

A beer drank by many of my wifes uncles and other family members, I rather just take my own beer to the family gatherings. I tried it a while back and still to this day see someone drink it and get that nasty backwash I got when I drank it for the first time. The color is just like every other beer on the menu at a mexican resturant. From the miller family I personally perfer the champaigne of beers miller high life... but thats just me..

beergambit, Jul 20, 2010
2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

enjoyed many of these while on a camping trip in the wisconsin northwoods this past weekend. a good camping beer i guess.

A: a weak translucent yellow.

S: triple hops brewed? doubtful...

T: VERY thin. more like beer flavored water. good enough for beer pong i guess.

MF/D: certainly not worth the money. if you want cheap beer, go for some blatz or pbr. why spend more than 50 cents a can?

newk340, Jul 19, 2010
2.68/5  rDev +24.1%

Glass - Mug

A - Clear gold/yellow color with lots of carbonation. Produced a 2-3 finger head that dissipated quickly as expected. A thin ring held a bit but no lacing was left.

S - Grain & husk notes with a bit of semi sweet corny notes. Tart gape with a bit of alcohol I think.

T - Subtle clean grainy/husk like flavors. It's got that grape/semi sweet corn like combo that follows the soft grain. Pretty much no bitterness, clean metallic flavor on the finish, it's got some muted lingering clean husk like flavor as well.

M - Very very crisp, lite bodied, a little too much carbonation.

D - It's poundable for sure but I don't know if I'll come back to it. It's got a price on it that's comparable to Bud, which for me isn't worth the the flavor. Not bad but not great for the style.

PintOHops, Jul 16, 2010
2.85/5  rDev +31.9%

glass: Mug

a: Very clear yellow. Lots of bubbles rushing to the top. Soda pop-like head that lasted 20 seconds.

s: Tart apple, grainy but not as much as some other adjunct lagers. Little harsh, almost metallic.

t: Clean grain taste. Maybe a faint white grape towards the middle. Possible hint of hops. Finishes malty and clean.

m: Watery with high carbonation

d: Not too bad, not digging the smell though.

JosiahS, Jul 16, 2010
1.75/5  rDev -19%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 2.5

Had this on vacation--- recorded notes into my iphone and I am typing them up now. Central MO isn't known for its craft beer selection-- had a shit beer showdown one night...

Pale straw colored fizzy yellow with a 2 finger head leaving decent lacing.... perhaps the triple hops brewing is paying off!!

This tastes more like corn than Busch does.... Very weak nose. Slight flowery/floral hop note. Can't get much more than that-- faint malt ans corn.

Tastes watered down-- less filling. Very bland. This really tastes and feels watery. Almost seems to need more carbonation. I was actually checking the freshness dating, and this can was only 3.5 weeks old.

Really disappointed in this one during our shit-beer showdown- I was expecting more. I'm trying my best to review these to style, but I'm shocked to see how far above the average I have been lately.

Despite all it's flaws, I could easily pound 10 of these... I just have no desire to.

AleWatcher, Jul 14, 2010
3.55/5  rDev +64.4%

Good Ol Miller Lite. Its my favorite lite beer but its nothing to write home about.

A: Piss Yellow with a cheap head.

S: A typical beer "I smell the booze on you, have you been drinking?" scent.

T: very very light and no beer bloat. I could drink 20 of these and still feel just tipsy/buzzed and feel like I was drinking at all.

M: Excellent. Very light and thirst quenching!

D: Put on your drinking boots and put your liver to work cause you gotta work for the buzz! Its a good pizza beer.

GNR4life2, Jul 09, 2010
3.43/5  rDev +58.8%

Light straw-colored liquid with lots of bubbles. Completely transparent. Formed a one finger snow-white head with some initial lacing but did not stick around long.

Smell is clean with faint grains and just the slightest hint of biscuity malt.

Graininess all throughout the flavor as well. Not too much depth here. I can detect a touch of lemony hop, slightly more than most light beer but still weak.

Light-bodied as expected with ample carbonation. No texture. No horrible aftertaste. No drying effect. Just a crisp, clean finish.

With the style in mind, this one is slightly above average. It is nothing special and I won't be drinking it routinely but at least it has mild hints of flavor instead of nothing at all.

bnes09, Jul 08, 2010
2.6/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

A- Appearance is pale golden, white head that reduces to nothing. Same story, different macro.
S- Smell is of corn. maybe some distant floral smells.
T- Pretty grainy, with a bit of artificial flavor coming in that i think is supposed to represent hops.
M- Light and thin, even for the style.
D- There are worse light lagers out there. That doesn't make this good. But still better than Bud light.

jsprain1, Jul 03, 2010
1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

Had this on tap at a restaurant just to try it.

A- A yellowish light gold color with a large foam head that had a long retention time. Looks like your typical light beer. Not impressive.

S- Grainy, hoppy, and watery. Like all other light beers out there.

T- You can taste the hops and some of the grains, but the watery taste is DEFINITELY in the picture.

M- Not impressive feel here because of the moderate carbonation along with the water. It almost feels like you are drinking water instead of Miller Lite.

D- Pretty drinkable, but that's what you expect for a light beer. It's not difficult to finish this in a few gulps. The good thing is this beer is commonly pretty cheap, meaning it won't dent your wallet to buy a few drafts and pound them down.

Overall, a step up from Natty Light, but still not very good, unless, however, you are a fan of light beer. I would probably reach for a MGD instead of this one.

sluggermatt15, Jun 26, 2010

This beer is sold in 16oz brown plastic bottles, in 3.2%, at the local Willmar Stingers baseball park. It is the only beer sold there. If you don't want 3.2 Miller Lite then you don't have a second choice. In 3.2%, the only type of this brand of lite I have tried, there is a lot left to be desired. I have tasted non alcoholic beverage that tasted better than this. Triple hops? Exactly what are they talking about. I can't, for the life of me, find any hop taste or aroma at all. I like beers with lots of hops so I know what I am looking for.
My advice is to stay away from this beer, at least in 3.2% anyway. Of course, unless you are stuck at a ballpark, on a hot evening with nothing else to drink.

fizzy, Jun 23, 2010
3.33/5  rDev +54.2%

From a keg to a standard pint glass.

L - clear yellow color with a white head that went away in a few minutes.
S - I sure don't smell the 'triple hops' but it smells like beer.
T - I found this to be a little above average for the style.
F - crisp and refreshing to wash down food.
D - easy drinking and not too filling.

JoeyBeerBelly, Jun 21, 2010
2.3/5  rDev +6.5%

I had this beer poured out of a 12 ounce bottle into a mug. This was the first time I had had this one in quite a while.

It is pale yellow with some white fizzy head that dissipates quickly.

The smell is of grain.

The taste is watery and a little bit of grain. I can't pick up the triple hops.

The mouthfeel is carbonate and alright.

I was not real impressed with the drinkability. I will keep the rest of the six pack in the fridge for friends who prefer this kind of beer.

greengorilla, Jun 15, 2010
1.08/5  rDev -50%

Miller Lite is an american macrobrew from SAB Miller Company. It is the light version of Miller High Life.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formation and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

cervezale, Jun 11, 2010
1.85/5  rDev -14.4%

There is no nose. I'm sure if I let this sit overnight, like I did a decade ago after college parties, it would stink. But fresh off the tap, it has no odor. Weird.

Of all the mega-brewery light (lite) beers, this might have the best color, which is not saying much at all. It's very pale, with a head that dissipates almost immediately. It leaves no lacing at all. If not for the flavor, I'd say it was carbonated water.

And speaking of flavor, there's a distinct bitterness, and a flavor I can't place except to say it tastes artificial, for whatever that's worth (which isn't much, I know. Sorry).

Mouthfeel is like carbonated water. Not quite as carbonated as club soda, but fizzy water. Too fizzy for beer. Yeah, fizzy is a good word for it.

Drinkability has to b what raises this from an F to a D in most people's ratings, since they remember using this for funnels (beerbongs), shotguns, etc. But really, this is not a drinkable beer. It's just gross, and you probably need to suffer through a half dozen before you stop noticing.

Kooz, Jun 10, 2010
2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

poured a 24oz can into my big 25oz mug..

nice head formed but quickly went down..typical golden cheap lager color..

smell was cooked veggies...a little grainy.. metallic smelling..tried my hardest to pick up any of that triple hopped brews stuff... nope haha

taste was very bland..cooked corn, metallic a bit...a little grainy..watery....has a weird aftertaste...not hops though..couldnt make out what it was..

medium carbonation... very very light..

there easy to drink, but when it comes to adj lagers..this one isnt for me... haha.. I'll stick to pbr for now

cheers!

aval89, Jun 10, 2010
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.