Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Greggy

3.18/5  rDev +47.9%

A- thin 1 finger head that quickly recedes into a thin cap, then nothing. Totally clear straw color.

S- mostly graininess with a touch of skunky hops. Nothing willd...

T- Initially, cloying carbonation but gives way to a dryer grainy finish with a touch of residual yeasty character (banana?). A bit reminiscent of a kolsch, oddly.

M- Carb ins a little cloying but refreshing. A little plain on the finish.

D- I have always turned my nose up to miller lite, but served in a pils glass, at proper temp, this wasn't terrible at all. Easily Sessionable.

05-04-2008 04:09:15 | More by Greggy
lordofthewiens

Maine

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

So I'm visiting my daughter and son-in-law, it's late in the afternoon and I'm flying home the next day, and I'm out of beer. My son-in-law said I'm welcome to try his favorite beer, so I figured "What the hell. Why not?" This beer is an insipid yellow color with a small head. It has a vaguely sweet aroma, and a vaguely sweet taste. It felt like water. I suppose it's OK for a macro.

05-01-2008 22:21:34 | More by lordofthewiens
youngleo

1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

Poured to a very light yellow with a very white head that had a lot of big bubbles. Head disapeared very rapidly with little to no lacing. Smelled of rice and corn. Not a lot of smell here. The taste was very mild to say the least. Not a lot of flavor going on. Felt a little over carbonated in the mouth. Also like water. Not much body at all. This would make a good lawnmower beer and thats about it. I use to drink these all the time. My how things change.

04-25-2008 18:12:01 | More by youngleo

2.85/5  rDev +32.6%

Good ole Miller Lite-a staple of life down here in South Texas. I will review this to style.

A: Very light yellow gold poured into my frosted mug from a pitcher. Not bad, but not impressive either.

S: What smell? I cant discern anything.

T: Miller lite is very uncomplex as far as taste. Light grains, alcohol, and maybe a hint of a hop? Taste is very light and watery, which is spot on for the style.

M: Very thin, just like a mouthfull of water.

D: Very good! Miller lite doesnt taste bad, and its very refreshing on a hot day (which is almost every day here in South Texas).

I rather enjoy this one too because its not overly expensive.

Prost!

04-21-2008 13:35:29 | More by 1099
PhillyStyle

Georgia

I picked some up as it is all that my relatives drink (why I am not sure) and so I thought that I would finish the last one off in my frig (again, not sure why I felt the need and should have just poured it down the drain). I probably have not had one for the better part of a year or more.

Look: Poured into a pint glass and it gave off a clear pale yellow color that did not retain it head.

Smell: It does not have much of an aroma to it, but one can smell a faint hint of the hops.

T/F/D: The beer is overly carbonated and very watery. Certainly not the taste advertised. The lack of any real flavor makes it very hard to drink. I don't plan on drinking again.

04-15-2008 15:46:25 | More by PhillyStyle
auxiliary

Rhode Island

1.85/5  rDev -14%

appearance - Clear yellow , this had no head, no bubbles. Looked flat and it was from a tap.

smell - Just grains here, not much.

taste - Lots of grain taste, and a sweet taste at the end.

mouthfeel - Light body

drinkability - I bought this since it was 1.99 bar special. My next glass was a craft beer.
Nothing was going on for this beer. The look was awful.

04-14-2008 02:45:24 | More by auxiliary
cvstrickland

This, the great icon of the style, may be true to its so-called style, but is less than what a beer should be. Perhaps this product would be better if it were marketed as a 'flavored bottled water product','contact lens solution' or something. As is, Lite, (and many Light Lagers in gereral) are the closest thing to water that is beer. Allegedly.

Award-winning watery lameness;watered-down... as-if-ya-been-drinkin-Lite-all-day-pee color; Off-yellow, and clear.

Precociously decorated with only an essence of an awful, ugly, corny sourness-- and otherwise a near-total absence of flavor, with lots of stinging, belch-inducing bubbles. Copious sweetened metallic somethingnothing--oh, but wait.. with a tinge of cut-off crusts of Wonderbread and an unhealthy dose of marketing dollars!

Lovingly adorned with an ambience of steroid-studly carbonation; ebullient with mediocrity and middle-of-the-road-lame-ass-beerdom; with a whiff of microwave popcorn,factory air conditioning, and chlorinated tap water. Wowee!

Back to it... Lite..."Tastes Great...Less Filling"... uhh, 1)Bullshit and 2)no joke.

Lite= F minus minus. Z-minus...but oh yeh 'water' is 'drinkable'. Pffft!

04-10-2008 02:06:30 | More by cvstrickland
hustlesworth

2.93/5  rDev +36.3%

surprisingly, the beer i like the least growing up ends up being the one with the best flavor to me now...

A- clear pale golden yellow with a frothy white head, bad retention, a lace, and rising bubbles.

S- pale malt, corn, ahy toasted grains, cereal, and very soft pear lemon hops.

T- green apple, pear, lightly toasted breakfast cereal taste, dry straw a little bit of citrus hops, and clean finish.

MF- light and fizzy, crisp and clean, a little more body than the others.

D- actually, it's not that bad, i can finish this draft with ease, maybe the frosted mug helps. as a matter of fact, since there's nothing better to drink, i'll order another one.

04-08-2008 02:33:22 | More by hustlesworth
bltzburgh

1.6/5  rDev -25.6%

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

04-05-2008 03:25:23 | More by bltzburgh
Contagion

2.55/5  rDev +18.6%

In the glass it's a light straw yellow color. Light passes through it easily; there isn't a hint of cloudiness or impurities to it. When it was poured it formed an inch thick white head that faded quickly to a patching film on top. There was some lacing, but really not much to speak of.

The aroma has a slight metallic hint to it. It's not because it came from a can. I've drunk enough of this to know that it's like this from a bottle too. The main sent is a mix of grains and bread. The taste is Mild and unoffending. You can taste some malts, but not much. It's pretty watery. There really is no after taste, in fact if you eat anything while drinking this beer that pretty much becomes the flavor and aftertaste of it.

This is a light bodied beer. There isn't much to it. The mouthfeel is like you are drinking a glass of carbonated water.

This is my favorite lite/light beer. I can find it just about anywhere and the flavor is so unobtrusive that I can drink it with anything and not ruin the taste. It's usually my go to beer when I'm in a bar that doesn't have a wide tap selection.

04-02-2008 00:32:42 | More by Contagion
Popkorn615

3.05/5  rDev +41.9%

A - Pours an apple juice color with a two-fingered head slowly dissipating to a transparent malty glaze less than 1mm thick. Decently carbonated - a plethora of bubbles were quickly floating to the top for a good five minutes after I began drinking the beer.

S - Malty. Couldn't really smell many other flavors.

T - Not much bite to it. Just some maltiness and carbonation. Very watery. Almost tastes like you're drinking liquefied corn.

M - Just because it looks like sparkling apple juice doesn't mean it will have the same consistency in thickness. It not only tastes, but also feels, watery, which adds to the "lite-ness" of the beer.

D - The only reason I gave drinkability a 5 is because I consider Miller Lite to be in the "party beer" category (like Yuengling, in my opinion). It's a decent beer to stock up on when having millions of people over to drink (much better than Coors Light or Bud Light). And I could have dozens and dozens and dozens of these without getting full. Well, maybe just one dozen, at most, before passing out in a puddle of my own drunken drool. When I want to get shitfaced with a bunch of friends for an affordable price, I usually pick up a few 18 packs of Miller Lite.

03-25-2008 06:18:02 | More by Popkorn615
ckeegan04

2.4/5  rDev +11.6%

Can into pilsner glass.

A - A light golden yellow with almost no head. Lacing also non-existant.

S - Grainy. No real good smell to associate it with, but didnt have a bad smell either.

T - Very grainy and unimpressive. One of the better from the light be genre, but still not great. Very little hop flavor at all.

M/D - Good carbonation but not much else. The price always helps, but I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and enjoy the beer a lot more.

Definitely not a great beer, but for the style, one of the better.

03-24-2008 21:17:46 | More by ckeegan04
HopHead84

2.35/5  rDev +9.3%

A: Pours a dehydrated urine color with a 1/8 finger head and no retention. Lacing? I think not! It looks like apple juice.

S: Mildly crisp, hint of alcohol, reminiscent of an overripe apple.

T: My tongue is greeted with an explosion of metallic rice/corn flavor. It's a little dry and it's toying with the idea of being mildly bitter but it really hasn't committed to anything yet.

M: Small amount of carbonation, but I could be drinking apple juice mixed with water.

D: Bring it on. It's a refreshing beverage that is so flavorless that it's enjoyable. You don't have to think about this beer, you can just drink it down like a fish...perhaps after losing one's job, a death in the family, on a hot day in July, at the end of a long journey, or after a hard day's work at the mill (stone or flour). Seriously though, I would never turn this beer down.

03-16-2008 03:30:31 | More by HopHead84
Spidey13

Kentucky

2.25/5  rDev +4.7%

Miller lights pours a crystal clear light golden yellow with a fizzy white head that quickly fades away. When the head was big I got a little bit of yeast smell on the nose. After the head went away, the smell was straw/corn. The flavor is very light but what is there is a bit of the straw and corn that was also in the nose. The mouthfeel is decent for the style with fizzy carbonation. There is a bit of a sweet aftertaste. Like most light lagers, there isn't much to it, though that is what can make them so drinkable.

The last beer I reviewed was Bud Light and, since everyone likes the compare the two, my thoughts would be that Bud Light has a slightly sweeter flavor with a dryer finish. I would prefer Bud Light, but just barely.

03-15-2008 03:30:35 | More by Spidey13
bgramer

Washington

2.05/5  rDev -4.7%

As a mass-produced session beer, it's impossible to avoid its marketing prowess everywhere. This isn't anything special to get excited about.

It's very pale and watery but definitely more golden than Budweiser. There isn't much of an aroma to this beer, nor taste... just watery in your mouth with high carbonation.

Would I recommend it? No. Would I drink it? Only as an absolute last resort if nothing else is available where I am, such as a sporting event. Beer is better than no beer. If I had to choose between Miller Lite or Budweiser, I'd go with Miller.

03-11-2008 20:19:38 | More by bgramer
MerkinMan

Georgia

2.53/5  rDev +17.7%

It is hard to be objective with this ubiquitous American brew. How do I eschew my preconceptions and experiences with this one?

A: Super pale, but clear. Very light color -- "straw" would be giving it too much,

S: Not too good. Kind of an acidic smell, that I might call crispy if it were a bit more pronounced.

T: Corn. Not much in the way of hops. Bland.

MF: There really is not one

D: Easy to drink, but hey. I have to say this is better than other light beers, though I usually avoid them altogether.

03-06-2008 01:11:24 | More by MerkinMan
JamesS

Indiana

3.23/5  rDev +50.2%

Pours a nice light straw color, with quite a bit of head and a ton of carbonation. Very weak scent, just a bit of crisp straw/malt. Fine taste for a macro lager, although there is very little there. Mostly just a clean, slightly malty flavor. Goes down fine. While it may be not be very good compared to any other style, it's a decent US macro lager.

03-03-2008 17:23:41 | More by JamesS
Deadstar

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Served out of a tiny 8oz can into a glass.

Appearance: Very light gold (straw-yellow) with a rocky head that left a fair amount of lacing on the sides of my glass.

Smell: Nothing really special here, something a bit metallic and grain?

Taste: Very light, some bready flavors, no real taste of alcohol.

Mouthfeel: A good deal of carbonation, goes down easy. Very light.

Drinkability: Low ABV and okay taste make this one quite drinkable. I'd drink it again in a pinch.

03-02-2008 01:26:23 | More by Deadstar
willeyone22

Why do we even rate beers like this? Shit beers like this should be banned from websites like this....bland, boring, and commercial driven. Anyone that actually gave this beer a high rating should not be here. Not even an exceptable beer Sunday football, or tailgating. It would be great if products like this just went away....

02-28-2008 10:07:59 | More by willeyone22
Adam2200

Wisconsin

4.47/5  rDev +107.9%

this is a classic lager with a very high drinkability anfd a good taste. the beer is very generic but flavor is nice. this i one of choice for my wife and most of the community and I think is because of the less filling part of the beer. the phrase drink more and feel less full is the term well said. This beer i like but I don't buy too much of.

02-27-2008 03:51:07 | More by Adam2200
andrewt960

2.58/5  rDev +20%

Okay... I'll start by saying that I feel like a bad friend... you know the kind that turns his back on you. Well, that's me right now. Miller Lite was next to me all through college and was even at my wedding. Never did anything wrong, I just started hanging around with other friends. Anyway... having said all that, this beer is really pretty bad, kind of like my analogy. Anyway, it poured a yellow gold color, with thin white head. The head was gone very quickly. No great smell; couldn't quite put my finger it, kind of metallic. Very carbonated, and leaves a salivating type feel in the mouth after swallowing. I'm not going to bash this beer after all it has done for me; I can at least say a few nice things.

02-26-2008 00:22:43 | More by andrewt960
ElGrecoVerde

2.55/5  rDev +18.6%

As far as session beers go, this is the old stand-by for me. Nothing really noteworthy about it, but nothing offensive either.

It's the grilled cheese of beer. Not classy, not special, but sometimes you just want to lay back, have a beer, watch some football, and be done with it all.

It's your typical corn and grain tasting American macro lager. The colder, the better. But when compared to other mass produced beers, it just seems slightly better.

02-25-2008 15:51:01 | More by ElGrecoVerde
BeerCon5

1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

A: Has a very clear yellow color with lots of carbonation and quick thinning head.

S: Not much of a smell, slightly biscuity and a little sweet.

T: Nothing much stands out beside being watery and a slight corn taste.

M: Very light with too much carbonation.

D: Very east to drink, almost like water. Like most light beers, it's something you could probably drink all day.

02-21-2008 20:18:35 | More by BeerCon5
TYE

Kansas

1.98/5  rDev -7.9%

A - golden color, clear, white head that disappears quickly leaving no lace. Active carbonation.
S - Very light aroma of bread and grain.
T - Light body and lacking in taste. Only slight bread flavor. No bitterness.
M - Watery. Light body. Smooth. High carbonation.
D - Another one I drank in college, a lot. Was one of my favories at parties. Not one of my favorites at all anymore. Better than some.

02-20-2008 15:16:33 | More by TYE
hardy008

Pale yellow appearance with a somewhat foamy head which fades quickly. Whiff of corn, otherwise not much aroma.
Taste - mostly water, absolutely no character at all. Skunky (It always is).
Mouthfeel is thin and watery, very bland
Not drinkable, unless you don't care about taste at all.

02-16-2008 22:45:49 | More by hardy008
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.