Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Mdog

2.98/5  rDev +38.6%

Appearance: Pale yellow, decent head.

Smell: Not appealing, wet hay. Good thing I normally drink this straight from the bottle or can!

Taste: Light sweet bread flavor. Similar to MGD but less of it.

Drinkability: This is the tailgate beer, the keg party beer, etc. Drinkable by the gallon with few ill effects if you have prepared correctly.

Miller Lite, my secret shame, the beer I have probably had more of than any other since every tailgate, 75% of post-softball drinking, and most parties I go to serve this. It is pretty much water, but it is my favorite light beer.

07-04-2008 21:59:20 | More by Mdog
BlackHaddock

United Kingdom (England)

1.53/5  rDev -28.8%

One of four beers from this brewery I tried and reviewed while on holiday in Tobago. I disliked all of them. How does this brewery survive, their products are awful.

12oz can, poured cold into a cold half pint tumbler.

Very pale gold, full white head at first, soon fell away to a thin covering.

This is a nothing beer, no aroma, no taste or body to it. A waste of money.

06-24-2008 19:04:57 | More by BlackHaddock
DrainBamage

1.58/5  rDev -26.5%

Pours a pale light yellow color with several inches of head that dwindles down to a lace. Smell is overbearing with adjuncts and corn galore. I know this is a light beer, but come on it tastes like corn water. It goes down easy, because it is lightly carbonated and has absolutely no hops whatsoever. This is sorry excuse for a beer. I'm not giving this a hard time, because it's macro brew either. I will drink some of their stuff, but if your looking for a cheap and/or light beer, this should be your last choice.

06-18-2008 05:45:49 | More by DrainBamage
Bitterbill

Wyoming

1.75/5  rDev -18.6%

Pours from 24oz can a very pale yellow with a decent head of foam.

The smell is typical of the style and in no way begging for my indulgance.

The taste has a slight lemony taste that is surrounded by oodles and oodles of water. Yeah, it's a light beer and it tastes like one. No surprises here and I'm just glad that I didn't have to buy a 6er just to review it. On to better things...

06-14-2008 18:50:46 | More by Bitterbill
wiseguy142

1.73/5  rDev -19.5%

I felt sort of ironic pouring this beer in a glass, but I did it anyway. Good for me.

Pours a shining luminescent and painfully clear and bubbly yellow with an excessive, soapy and plasticy head.

Smells like water.

I think about 5% of the taste registers in my mind as being malt. The other 95% is more than vaguely reminiscent of paper.

I usually don't excessively macro bash, but I usually buy Miller High Life for my binge drinking purposes and decided to take the "step up" to Miller Lite. It was really like 20 steps down. However, if you can remove from your brain the expectation that what you are putting into you is going to be beer, it may be possible to down many of these due to its super light character and no-nonsense.. well.. no-anything flavor content.

06-06-2008 17:15:50 | More by wiseguy142
Onenote81

2.38/5  rDev +10.7%

Very pale beer that never pours well. Rarely holds head retention and minimal lacing. Smells sour, tastes sour. Have only really ever enjoyed it at baseball games when I needed something to wash down my bratwurst. The only redeeming quality is that it sponsors my Milwaukee Brewers. Yikes. Avoid.

06-03-2008 21:08:04 | More by Onenote81
NOOGIE

Wisconsin

2.9/5  rDev +34.9%

I'm not a fan of this beer at all, but this weekend my friends wanted to split some beer, and I know they wouldn't want to drink Pabst,so we agreed on Miller Lite.

The look was yellow straw color, not much foam in this beer. Smells like water, grains, and metal. Taste like water or watered down beer. Feels like it tastes easy feel, nothing bad about this beer. Drinkability very easy to pound a case of this beer. So if you are up for a long night of drinking get some of these in you.

06-02-2008 03:15:50 | More by NOOGIE
Stinkypuss

1.15/5  rDev -46.5%

A. Served on tap at a local sports game. Appeared straw yellow with some head.

S. Smells like corn, thats about it.

T. Once again a slight corny twang with subtle notes of vomit. Pretty awful.

M. Watery all the way through.

D. Some people pound these, but personally, one was more than enough for me.

05-26-2008 16:01:07 | More by Stinkypuss
righlander

4.2/5  rDev +95.3%

Pours super light yellow...it almost looks like soda-ish, like sprite but yellow.
Smells faintly of rice and grain..FAINTLY!
Taste is really light. it's hard to pick out a lot about it, but very clean and refined tasting.
Mouthfeel is light and carbonated nothingness
Drinkability is great...I once drank a 20 pack of these!

Dudes, if your're going out and want to hang for the long haul, you can drink these all night. Great beer for 5 hour sessions. One weird thing is though, the buzz actually seems lighter than with real beers. I like these sometimes. Good for long days at the beach. This beer brings back a lot of memories. I will always go back to it at times. It has it's place and time. I mean, what do you want from a super light macro beer? I'll tell you what i want...Drinkability. I think a bunch of people are not reviewing beers according to the style of the beer. I mean, are you going to sit here and say "This stout is too full bodied"? This beer is brewed to taste like nothing. And thats just what it is. I can't think of a better super light macro beer. Best served BALLS COLD!

05-24-2008 05:11:52 | More by righlander
soupyman10

District of Columbia

2.38/5  rDev +10.7%

Had this one out with friends, figured I'd put down a review. Straw yellow color, with a surprisingly good head, and solid lacing (!). Seriously, I don't get it. Looks like piss with an excellent head. Nose is minor, grain and malt. Taste is likewise, with a touch of skunkiness. Feel is thin, but that's mostly to be expected. Tastes like nothing, no question, but it didn't look bad and you could drink a bunch of them.

05-17-2008 13:14:34 | More by soupyman10
daythree16

Tennessee

2.58/5  rDev +20%

Served on tap at a local eatery. When our server brought the beer, it had no head and was very cold. The beer is a very light gold, bordering on transparent.

The aroma is of light grain, and maybe a little rice. The taste is almost like beer mixed with sparkling water. All malt, but not strong at all, and no hop presence.

The mouthfeel is again, like that of water. Probably the best of the macro light lager variety, but still almost flavorless. Given the choice I would not order another. However, with all that said, I can still drain quite a few of these when there is nothing else to be found.

05-17-2008 01:05:47 | More by daythree16
ThreeWiseMen

2.58/5  rDev +20%

Appearance: No lacing, pale golden color, head was thick but only with a viscious pour; fades quickly

Smell: Corn Bready, sweat of the working class but is not able to eradicate the intense "Hi! I am a cheap beer, nice to meet you" Smell. Despair. Beer Pong, and carpets after a party.

Taste: Yeasty, dry, cheap beer, actually reminds me of a mexican beer, corn & losing in beer pong.

Mouthfeel: Crisp, easy, good call

Drinkability: Easy to drink, and probably better than most other light domestic lagers.

05-13-2008 02:08:28 | More by ThreeWiseMen
EnojysAnyBeer

Colorado

Bought cans with friends in order to get drunk. I don't like light beer but whatever.

A- Looks like a basic can

S- Smells ok with a bit of wheat

T- Tastes ok with not much flavor but some sweetness

M- Feels good with extra-light body

D- Drinks easy like a light beer should

05-10-2008 08:16:08 | More by EnojysAnyBeer
JonathanL7890

2.48/5  rDev +15.3%

Had this yesterday in a 16 oz can given to me by a coworker when I was working late.
Served freezing cold (in a paper bag -- cool)
Appearance : thin foamy head that quickly dissipated into a fizz.
Smell : none zip zero smelled like air.
taste: a little bit malty -- no hops that I could detect.
mouthfeel : suprisingly good for a beer this light.
drinkability : pretty good -- that's why it is so popular I guess. I'd rather drink this than water but it's a tossup betwee club soda and Miller light.

05-07-2008 23:24:13 | More by JonathanL7890
rye726

Colorado

1.15/5  rDev -46.5%

Ah the younger brother of Miller. Or as Daniel Plainview says, "You are the bastard of a bastard."
A: Yellow color with a tan head that dissapates quickly.
S: Light grain and yeasts about sums it up.
T: Very light and very grainy. Not much going on here.
M: Light body and over carbonated.
D: Not the worst lager I have ever had, but pretty close. I think I'll have a water.

05-05-2008 17:36:58 | More by rye726
Greggy

3.18/5  rDev +47.9%

A- thin 1 finger head that quickly recedes into a thin cap, then nothing. Totally clear straw color.

S- mostly graininess with a touch of skunky hops. Nothing willd...

T- Initially, cloying carbonation but gives way to a dryer grainy finish with a touch of residual yeasty character (banana?). A bit reminiscent of a kolsch, oddly.

M- Carb ins a little cloying but refreshing. A little plain on the finish.

D- I have always turned my nose up to miller lite, but served in a pils glass, at proper temp, this wasn't terrible at all. Easily Sessionable.

05-04-2008 04:09:15 | More by Greggy
lordofthewiens

Maine

2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

So I'm visiting my daughter and son-in-law, it's late in the afternoon and I'm flying home the next day, and I'm out of beer. My son-in-law said I'm welcome to try his favorite beer, so I figured "What the hell. Why not?" This beer is an insipid yellow color with a small head. It has a vaguely sweet aroma, and a vaguely sweet taste. It felt like water. I suppose it's OK for a macro.

05-01-2008 22:21:34 | More by lordofthewiens
youngleo

1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

Poured to a very light yellow with a very white head that had a lot of big bubbles. Head disapeared very rapidly with little to no lacing. Smelled of rice and corn. Not a lot of smell here. The taste was very mild to say the least. Not a lot of flavor going on. Felt a little over carbonated in the mouth. Also like water. Not much body at all. This would make a good lawnmower beer and thats about it. I use to drink these all the time. My how things change.

04-25-2008 18:12:01 | More by youngleo

2.85/5  rDev +32.6%

Good ole Miller Lite-a staple of life down here in South Texas. I will review this to style.

A: Very light yellow gold poured into my frosted mug from a pitcher. Not bad, but not impressive either.

S: What smell? I cant discern anything.

T: Miller lite is very uncomplex as far as taste. Light grains, alcohol, and maybe a hint of a hop? Taste is very light and watery, which is spot on for the style.

M: Very thin, just like a mouthfull of water.

D: Very good! Miller lite doesnt taste bad, and its very refreshing on a hot day (which is almost every day here in South Texas).

I rather enjoy this one too because its not overly expensive.

Prost!

04-21-2008 13:35:29 | More by 1099
PhillyStyle

Georgia

I picked some up as it is all that my relatives drink (why I am not sure) and so I thought that I would finish the last one off in my frig (again, not sure why I felt the need and should have just poured it down the drain). I probably have not had one for the better part of a year or more.

Look: Poured into a pint glass and it gave off a clear pale yellow color that did not retain it head.

Smell: It does not have much of an aroma to it, but one can smell a faint hint of the hops.

T/F/D: The beer is overly carbonated and very watery. Certainly not the taste advertised. The lack of any real flavor makes it very hard to drink. I don't plan on drinking again.

04-15-2008 15:46:25 | More by PhillyStyle
auxiliary

Rhode Island

1.85/5  rDev -14%

appearance - Clear yellow , this had no head, no bubbles. Looked flat and it was from a tap.

smell - Just grains here, not much.

taste - Lots of grain taste, and a sweet taste at the end.

mouthfeel - Light body

drinkability - I bought this since it was 1.99 bar special. My next glass was a craft beer.
Nothing was going on for this beer. The look was awful.

04-14-2008 02:45:24 | More by auxiliary
cvstrickland

This, the great icon of the style, may be true to its so-called style, but is less than what a beer should be. Perhaps this product would be better if it were marketed as a 'flavored bottled water product','contact lens solution' or something. As is, Lite, (and many Light Lagers in gereral) are the closest thing to water that is beer. Allegedly.

Award-winning watery lameness;watered-down... as-if-ya-been-drinkin-Lite-all-day-pee color; Off-yellow, and clear.

Precociously decorated with only an essence of an awful, ugly, corny sourness-- and otherwise a near-total absence of flavor, with lots of stinging, belch-inducing bubbles. Copious sweetened metallic somethingnothing--oh, but wait.. with a tinge of cut-off crusts of Wonderbread and an unhealthy dose of marketing dollars!

Lovingly adorned with an ambience of steroid-studly carbonation; ebullient with mediocrity and middle-of-the-road-lame-ass-beerdom; with a whiff of microwave popcorn,factory air conditioning, and chlorinated tap water. Wowee!

Back to it... Lite..."Tastes Great...Less Filling"... uhh, 1)Bullshit and 2)no joke.

Lite= F minus minus. Z-minus...but oh yeh 'water' is 'drinkable'. Pffft!

04-10-2008 02:06:30 | More by cvstrickland
hustlesworth

2.93/5  rDev +36.3%

surprisingly, the beer i like the least growing up ends up being the one with the best flavor to me now...

A- clear pale golden yellow with a frothy white head, bad retention, a lace, and rising bubbles.

S- pale malt, corn, ahy toasted grains, cereal, and very soft pear lemon hops.

T- green apple, pear, lightly toasted breakfast cereal taste, dry straw a little bit of citrus hops, and clean finish.

MF- light and fizzy, crisp and clean, a little more body than the others.

D- actually, it's not that bad, i can finish this draft with ease, maybe the frosted mug helps. as a matter of fact, since there's nothing better to drink, i'll order another one.

04-08-2008 02:33:22 | More by hustlesworth
bltzburgh

1.6/5  rDev -25.6%

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

04-05-2008 03:25:23 | More by bltzburgh
Contagion

2.55/5  rDev +18.6%

In the glass it's a light straw yellow color. Light passes through it easily; there isn't a hint of cloudiness or impurities to it. When it was poured it formed an inch thick white head that faded quickly to a patching film on top. There was some lacing, but really not much to speak of.

The aroma has a slight metallic hint to it. It's not because it came from a can. I've drunk enough of this to know that it's like this from a bottle too. The main sent is a mix of grains and bread. The taste is Mild and unoffending. You can taste some malts, but not much. It's pretty watery. There really is no after taste, in fact if you eat anything while drinking this beer that pretty much becomes the flavor and aftertaste of it.

This is a light bodied beer. There isn't much to it. The mouthfeel is like you are drinking a glass of carbonated water.

This is my favorite lite/light beer. I can find it just about anywhere and the flavor is so unobtrusive that I can drink it with anything and not ruin the taste. It's usually my go to beer when I'm in a bar that doesn't have a wide tap selection.

04-02-2008 00:32:42 | More by Contagion
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.