Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.53/5  rDev +17.7%

Appearance: Clear, yellow body with a thin, fizzy, white head.

Smell: Very minor notes of pale malts and yellow corn.

Taste: Faint pale maltiness, a touch of corn, and a light sweetness. Exceptionally mild bitterness. Abrupt, thin finish.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Medium-high carbonation.

Drinkability: It's fine for what it is, I guess. And so poundable! You can down a pint before you say "I'll meet you at the bottom!" I'll take Remarkably Bland over Questionably Foul-Tasting any damn day of the week.

ChainGangGuy, Jan 18, 2009
2.23/5  rDev +3.7%

very pale..a tinge of golden color, quick head...bubbles galore

smell is half appetizing malt half corn chip half frathouse

to be honest the front tastes just fine.. slim and malty without enough flavor but not bad... afterwards there is metallic, corny, husky and a mild teabag finish

goes down like tanya gibbons in the 7th grade... easily but a little rough around the edges... a little dry and bubbly

the term pissypants comes to mind.. and ooo i can feel my waist slimming as i sip!

if you could press it into a crunchy triangle shape this would make an amazing accompaniment to some chunky salsa, melted nacho cheese and homemade guacamole

loosey, Jan 17, 2009
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured into a pint glass from 12oz can.

The color is pale yellow. Is a bit fizzy with a dark white head.

The smell is of light malt and hops but not very strong.

The taste is a bit watered down but is crisp. Has a malty flavor but very subtle.

This beer is good beer for going to a race since only cans are allowed. Also good for camping. This brew is available everywhere and is usually at a low price. Good for a low budget.

Duhast500, Jan 15, 2009
1.75/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

12oz bottle, wait a second they make plastic bottles now. I thought that was stadium only. Ok, plastic bottle into a pint glass.

A- Miller Light pours out of the plastic bottle a pale yellow to golden color with minimum to no head, kind of looks like urine. I'm sorry, but that's what it looks like. Some fizz and bubbles emerge on the top. No lace.

S- The smell is light including very minimal grassy hops and processed corn. I can say that there is some skunkiness going on. no more, no less.

T- Very one sided with the corn and mild hop presense fighting to come through but barely making a wimper. I get more malts than hops but overall this tastes like carbonated water. There is no depth to this at all.

M- Very thin on the mouth and goes down like water with no dominate flavors causing any traffic. Kind of like sparkling water only worse. Miller light leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

D- Those commercials are lying cause i cant drink much of this. I see this as a gulping/ chugging beer because of it's light nature but i can't take more than a big gulp without cringing at the overall affect of this beer.

This beer is an easy out if your going to a party or social event as it's appreciated and won't go to waste, so i guess that ML has this going for it. Money well spent!!

BARFLYB, Jan 12, 2009
1.58/5  rDev -26.5%

Miller Lite. Yep. Funds are low, belly is big, and home town selection is short on beers I haven't reviewed. I'm sure I've had one of these at some point in my life, but can't remember. How bad can it be?

Crystal clear urine yellow under a flimsy white cap. Why must all macros look identical?

Smells bad. One of the nastier smelling versions.

Tastes bad. I have to but Miller below Bud. All products.

Wife takes a sip and says "this is the butt of the butt." 'Nuff said.

Overall: I apologize to me

PatronWizard, Jan 12, 2009
2.5/5  rDev +16.3%

Awesome, I'm review 666.

A - Better than a lot of lights. Slightly darker than I had expected. Head came and went.

S - tiny bit of skunk, but not enough to be bad. Adjunct grains.

T - Michelob Ultra. It's almost an exact twin

M - Actually better than I though. Right on the opening, it's a little spiky from the carbonation, but then it softens out, and it's not bad.

D - Of course, this has decent drinkability. It's designed to.

Beernoisseur, Dec 31, 2008
2.35/5  rDev +9.3%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a light, transparent golden straw color. Plenty of carbonation, but the small head that formed originally fades to a tiny collar around the glass.

Smell: Very light, grainy aroma. Maybe some hops, if I close my eyes and wish really hard.

Taste: Very light in the taste department. A crisp, light corn taste opens up, being joined by some other grains in the middle of the sip. A light hops presence is noticeable towards the end of the sip. The end is smooth with no aftertaste. The taste is not bad, there just is not much there, good or otherwise, to speak of.

Mouthfeel: Light and crisp, with a high level of carbonation.

Drinkability: This is light does not taste terrible, so I can drink this when I have to. The lack of other positive characteristics means I will never go out of my way to buy it, though.

KickInTheChalice, Dec 30, 2008
1.48/5  rDev -31.2%

Ok I know that every beer has its time and place, and for me this beer should be consumed in large quanities while camping or at a frat house kegger.
A- Yellow with a white head
S- Really, is there a smell other than corn or...yea no clue.
T- Well hey theres no bitterness
M- Carbination and thats about it
D- See the opening remarks

FishHeadLover, Dec 24, 2008
2.48/5  rDev +15.3%

From the 24 fl. oz. can no. B51-8171C. It pours pale yellow with a good supply of puffy white head and a decent continuation of carbonation. The aroma is of grass and corn and typical of the style. The body is very watery and the taste has some vague hops but they don't jump out at you. This is about the same as all American pale lite beers no matter what the advertisements say.

puboflyons, Dec 19, 2008
2.25/5  rDev +4.7%

A few of these were sitting around and I was offered a free one. I took one rationalizing that it wasn't Coors Light.

A: pours a clear straw colored with a surpisingly mid sized head; disapates quickly with little lacing

S: not one of the worst beers, but its not inviting

T: bland taste; I think I taste a hint of hops, but its watered down

M: too watery, way over carbonated

D: it tastes almost like water, and it goes down almost as fast

Jablonski, Dec 18, 2008
1.7/5  rDev -20.9%

[Rerate, Jul 15, 2008, 24oz. can, 47F]
Miller Lite is a very sparkling, clear, straw colored lager with a small off-white head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma is slightly sweet with very light malt and corn. There is a slight medicinal note. It is light bodied and refreshingly smooth with a crisp, dry finish. It's a little sudsy. There is hardly any flavor here: just light, anonymous grain and no hops to speak of. At least the chemical aftertaste is quick.
[First rating: 1.4] (bottle)
Miller Lite is a light golden lager with a foamy white. It is shockingly sparkling. The aroma is very slight and of corn, citrus, perhaps some hops and butane. It is more faint than the High Life aroma. The palate is that of sparkling water and a dash of creaminess from the head. Not much flavor here. It's a little acidic and kind of tastes like cardboard. It is simpler than High Life. I think maybe it's watered-down High Life... which makes it ever-so-slightly better.

yesyouam, Dec 15, 2008
2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Poured into pilsner.

A: Golden color. Initial heavy carbonation. Pours into a bubbly head which dissipate quickly. Carbonation continues to rise throughout drink. No lacing or attempt by brew to hang on to the side of glass.

S: Light malt. Not much else.

T: Hints of malt and wheat.

M: A bit watery, like a flavored carbonated water product. The flavor is not bad, just not much of it. Disappears quickly from the mouth.

D: Light, refreshing. Easy drink.

Nothing to get excited about as far as taste, look, or smell. If you're looking for something to power down and quench your thirst after mowing the lawn; this will do the trick.

bmwats, Dec 14, 2008
1.85/5  rDev -14%

I have been to a number of parties just packed with this beer flowing in a light golden fury. This beer is the top choice for most of my friends and one of the few beers that they drink that I may be able to drink one or two of... tastes like water and lightens my mood I guess. Still every time I see this my mouth gets a werid feeling and it knows the pain is coming. Last night I drank a double dead guy ale and finished with these. Worst idea ever. Terrible hang over and it tasted even worse than normal after drinking a decent beer. My head feels like its splitting and I blame you miller lite... heh. L. I. T. E

jjanega08, Dec 11, 2008
2.4/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not the worst beer out there, and definitely the best Miller has to offer with their name on it. Pours clear yellow with a frothy white head. Crisp aroma, mostly grain. Corn, metal, and something bitter in the taste. Crisper than others. Perfect for beer pong.

magictrokini, Dec 10, 2008
1.4/5  rDev -34.9%

Served in 12 oz brown bottle

A - Typical macro light lager. Darker than Coors or Mich Golden.

S - Nothing, absolutely nothing.

T - Initially, what you would expect. Then the cardboard aftertaste hits you. Skunk.

M - Medium carbonation, light and water body

D - For a macro light lager, not very enjoyable going down the hatch. The repulsive taste makes it hard to drink.

Note: By far my most disliked light beer. I will never buy it, and never accept it from a friend. This is definitely my last resort. However, when given the choice of no beer or Miller Lite, I'd pick sober most of the time.

Mistofminn, Dec 10, 2008
2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Very pale yellow with a thick white head and a fair amount of lace. Almost non-existant aroma - Bitter and Slightly hoppy. Basically water however a little maltiness is detectable on the tongue. Very light and smooth. Not horrible for light macro,will drink if free.

WakeandBake, Dec 09, 2008
2.7/5  rDev +25.6%

Had two cans of Miller Lite at a family party today. These are the beers that were standard in my beer intake (along with Coors Light) prior to learning that there IS really good beer out there.

I will say this - you can drink these all day. Lite says it all, certainly less filling. Fairly thin with a lot of carbonation, watery, with some hop flavor. Yet, it is a decent tasting beer, and for what it is, I dont think you will find much better.

Miller Lite is a good refreshing drink on a hot summers day. An ice cold Miller Lite after mowing the lawn in 80 degree weather is just fine with me. I can tell you I wont be looking for a beer sitting at room temperature, I wants something cold, ICE COLD!!!

I am really enjoying all the craft beer I've been drinking lately, but a bunch of Miller Lites iced down in a cooler on a hot summer day will work for me anytime.

eporter66, Dec 07, 2008
1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

someone handed this to me last night, I kinda wanted a beer and this one was free

A- boring , run of the mill.. nothing exciting
S-Like skunky bad beer of the bar floor
T- pretty awful, usually I like to tip my hats off to macros for their consistancy , but this is bad
M- not much going on here, nothing really exciting
d- it would be really hard for me to drink more than one

if your gonna drink light beer reach for an amstel or Yuengling light, even heinken light. But this is pretty embarrasing.. free beer is free beer, but this is pusing my buttons

oh and dont drink coors light, they give alot of money to the RNC, and well im not George Bush people, and I didnt vote for Mccain..

gdfan47, Dec 07, 2008
2.5/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Why do we even do this to ourselves? This is what we are rising up against. But this is the optimal light american lager: meant to be conumed in great amounts while building a tree house, watching a baseball game or playing a softball game. It's good for what it is, but what it is is not good. It's like a bad handjob: ypu gotta appreciate what happening, but ti's pretty awful and you just want it over with. Better than Bud light.

kickapoodude, Dec 03, 2008
1.68/5  rDev -21.9%

This one is a deeper yellow/gold than some other light macro lager's with a medium carboantion, a bit relaxed and a fine-white foamy head appears and dissapears fast.

The aroma has a sour-doug bread, sweet scented malt with a bitter-hop(?) edge at the end. but that's about it.

The flavor is a mild and weak, but sweet corn malt flavor, slightly dry but crisp and light and only a slight metallic bitterness at the end and a slightly skunked hop to finish.

This beer is like a horse with a broken leg.

GratefulBeerGuy, Nov 29, 2008
2.98/5  rDev +38.6%

While this beer is no where near my favorite it easily outperforms it's brother (Bud Light).

A- Macro Lager gold(almost clear) with very little head that dissipates quickly.

S- Cereal Grains, lighter and slightly sweeter smelling than other "ultra-popular" macro brews.

T- Very light, crisp, and refreshing like they would have you believe. Barely any taste to speak of, maybe a hint of malt and barely any detectable hoppiness.

M- Heavily carbonated with a medium light body.

D- Easy to drink with a better flavor than Budweiser.

BigBen61, Nov 26, 2008
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

A: A perfectly clear pale yellow, with an average, foamy white head with fairly decent retention. A bit of patchy lacing as well.

S: Some grainy and floral notes, perhaps with a hint of grape. Clean, bland - just a tiny notch above most other light macros.

T: Lightly grainy, with a husky, bland sweetness. Some vaguely floral/lemony hops are detectable, with an inoffensive, somewhat soapy nature. Some muted corn and steel flavors also present, but thankfully are rather subdued.

M: Light, obviously, and a bit watery. Clean, with a vague suggestion of a dry finish.

D: I will say that this is the macro light beer of choice, in my opinion. It tastes like it could be beer, which sets it apart from most of its brethren. I had a bunch of these left over from a party. I'd never go out of my way to drink one, but hey, it's a sunk cost at this point. If you were trying to get drunk off of this (and why else would you seek this out?), you'd have to drink so many that it would negate any advantage the light calorie content has.

Clydesdale, Nov 22, 2008
3.38/5  rDev +57.2%

This product has been on the market for at least thirty years. It was one of the first American light beers. It is better than average for the style.
Pours gold with a decent white head. Very little lacing. Aroma is malty some minor hops.
Taste is slightly sweet malts with just a touch of bitter hops in the finish. Carbonation is slightly over the top but pretty typical for macros. Low calorie, low alcohol, low taste.
If you are in the market for this type of beer give this a try.
Update Feb. 27, 2014.
The head lasts a good 10 minutes and the lacings are impressive. That is all I wanted to add to my previous review.

Spikester, Nov 19, 2008
1.63/5  rDev -24.2%

Ok, I had no choice, it was my buddy's boat. This beer has no taste, some carb and no hops what so ever. Goes right through you, drink a can, piss over the side of the boat. I can't understand how people actually enjoy this headache in a can. I can't recommend it unless it's the only thing available.

Jk

jkdrummer, Nov 16, 2008
2.53/5  rDev +17.7%

What is there to say really? Another mass produced light beer. While it may not be as horrible as most light beers, it is still nothing special. Watery mouthfeel with lots of carbonation. Smells a little better than soap mixed with urine. My choice hands down out of the big three (Bud, Miller, Coors) however.

irishman06, Nov 14, 2008
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.